Post Reply 341 posts
5 MONTHS until Round X!
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

Re: 5 MONTHS until Round X!

by Downvod » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:46 pm

Tiki108 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:35 pm
    Godflesh wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:44 pm It seems a bit unfair to open booking at the end of September and then penalize your customers if they don't finalize their full cabin by the beginning of October.
    That's in addition to the fact of having only a few days (hours? minutes?) to benefit from the payment plan once public booking opens.
    I'm wondering if he's waiting until after the 25th and just going to tell everyone they have to pay in full upfront and try to avoid people cancelling. Obviously I'm just guessing, but he's coming down to the wire.
    UMC already responded to someone’s email a few days ago confirming that the payment plan will be available when tickets go on sale. They also confirmed that there will be advance bookings codes for Gold and Silver survivors. They are often vague, but when they do directly respond like that, it tends to be accurate info.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:52 pm

I don't think this is people worrying that the cruise won't happen. This is just people a little miffed about 1) the lack of communication and 2) the lack of time before an announcement and booking at this point. Either of those could come literally any second, and if you want to use the payment plan you have to be paying attention.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Tiki108
    Petty Officer

by Tiki108 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:18 pm

Downvod wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:46 pm
    Tiki108 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:35 pm
    Godflesh wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 12:44 pm It seems a bit unfair to open booking at the end of September and then penalize your customers if they don't finalize their full cabin by the beginning of October.
    That's in addition to the fact of having only a few days (hours? minutes?) to benefit from the payment plan once public booking opens.
    I'm wondering if he's waiting until after the 25th and just going to tell everyone they have to pay in full upfront and try to avoid people cancelling. Obviously I'm just guessing, but he's coming down to the wire.
    UMC already responded to someone’s email a few days ago confirming that the payment plan will be available when tickets go on sale. They also confirmed that there will be advance bookings codes for Gold and Silver survivors. They are often vague, but when they do directly respond like that, it tends to be accurate info.
    Oh, I know, they responded to me confirming the early booking for survivors. I'm just annoyed and wondering what the fuck is going on. I'm also just being a tad distrusting.
    70K: 2014, 2020
    MDF: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    Summer Breeze: 2014, 2015
    Party.San: 2015
    ProgPower: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
    Trveheim: 2018

2024_Wishlist:

Probably skipping again :cry:
    • Godflesh
      Ensign

by Godflesh » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:32 pm

Tiki108 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:35 pm I'm wondering if he's waiting until after the 25th and just going to tell everyone they have to pay in full upfront and try to avoid people cancelling. Obviously I'm just guessing, but he's coming down to the wire.
      That would mean:
      - no 5% discount for anybody
      - having to pay in full immediately for everybody.
      There would be a riot.
      Tiki108
      Petty Officer

by Tiki108 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:58 pm

Godflesh wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 4:32 pm
      Tiki108 wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 1:35 pm I'm wondering if he's waiting until after the 25th and just going to tell everyone they have to pay in full upfront and try to avoid people cancelling. Obviously I'm just guessing, but he's coming down to the wire.
      That would mean:
      - no 5% discount for anybody
      - having to pay in full immediately for everybody.
      There would be a riot.
      It would be kind of funny to watch though

2024_Wishlist:

cowboy71
        Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:36 pm

So the below is the timeframe. You would HOPE they are going to give the public a bit of time to be able to access the payment plan, because by that stage its typically only the most expensive cabins that are available.

Given that they've explicitly stated there WILL be pre-booking for golds, there WILL be pre-booking for silvers, and the payment plan WILL be available, the below now has to be achieved in basically 6 days:

1 Announce Bands

Then, send emails to golds. How many Gold Survivors would there be now? 10,000? 15,000? That shit takes time so they need to at least give 24 hours leeway to ensure all the emails get out there.

2 Gold Bookings open

Same for Silver - must be a few thousand surely, so give 24 hours

3 Silver Bookings open

Give 24 hours chance for silver before public opens

4 Public Sales Open

Give at least a bit of time for the public to access the payment plan

-------> Sept 25th cutoff for payment plan
        Upcoming Gigs:
        -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
        2025 Wishlist
        Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
        Tiki108
        Petty Officer

by Tiki108 » Wed Sep 18, 2019 5:54 pm

I feel really bad for those working there.

2024_Wishlist:

• Fulorian
          Crewman

by Fulorian » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:42 pm

I'm just gonna say it - I think you're reading way too much into an FAQ date for the payment plan as a true 'drop dead' date. Nothing, including the UMC responses, have specifically indicated that there will be announcements before the published payment plan start date - only that the payment plan will exist and will be usable.

Watch me be wrong, but I have a feeling it's not going to be before 9/25.
          Survivor - 16 / 17 / 18 / 19
          Cardest
          Midshipman

by Cardest » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:22 pm

I just came to the website a few minutes ago and it was down.
          What does that mean?
          No idea, but gives me a slight little bit of hope.

I REALLY hope it is before Sept 25th.
          I REALLY need some good news right now.

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
        • Godflesh
          Ensign

by Godflesh » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:34 pm

Fulorian wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:42 pm I'm just gonna say it - I think you're reading way too much into an FAQ date for the payment plan as a true 'drop dead' date. Nothing, including the UMC responses, have specifically indicated that there will be announcements before the published payment plan start date - only that the payment plan will exist and will be usable.

It’s on the Terms and Conditions page (https://70000tons.com/terms-conditions/), and different people have posted screenshots of recent private replies from 70000tons confirming it.
          They actually said that the payment plan will be available once booking opens.
          ShoreSlayer
          Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:49 am

Cardest wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:22 pm I REALLY need some good news right now.
          In just over 24 hours, I set off on my very first non 70K metal fest journey to Pittsburgh for Descendants of Crom III. This is fucktastically awesome and exciting good news.

I hope that helps a little at least. Hang in there man
          So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
          :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
          Zed3
          Petty Officer

by Zed3 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:22 am

Godflesh wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:34 pm
          Fulorian wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:42 pm I'm just gonna say it - I think you're reading way too much into an FAQ date for the payment plan as a true 'drop dead' date. Nothing, including the UMC responses, have specifically indicated that there will be announcements before the published payment plan start date - only that the payment plan will exist and will be usable.

It’s on the Terms and Conditions page (https://70000tons.com/terms-conditions/), and different people have posted screenshots of recent private replies from 70000tons confirming it.
          I'm with Fulorian here, the terms and conditions may be updated at any time, especially since no booking is possible right now ! They are not -yet- bound by the terms displayed on the website so let's not read too much in that date, they confirmed the availability of a payment plans in the email replies but did not confirm the cutoff date for the plan..
          2017: Survivor - 2024: hoping I'll be back onboard

Wishlist 2024:
          ...And.Oceans-/-Aephanemer-/-Aeternam-/-Aether.Realm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animalize-/-Avatarium-/-Be'lakor-/-Belzebubs-/-Bloodywood-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Brymir-/-Bucovina-/-Dawn.of.Solace-/-Destinity-/-Dirty.Shirt-/-Diviner-/-Dordeduh-/-Equilibrium-/-Eternal.Champion-/-Frozen.Crown-/-Frozen.Dawn-/-Fvneral.Fvkk-/-Ghoultown-/-High.Command-/-Immortal-/-In.Mourning-/-Kalmah-/-Konvent-/-Lagerstein-/-Majestica-/-Mantar-/-Moonspell-/-Municipal.Waste-/-Myrkur-/-Nanowar.of.Steel-/-Necrophobic-/-Nestor-/-Night.Demon-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Paladin.(atl)-/-Paradise.Lost-/-Serenity-/-Significant.Point-/-Steelbourne-/-Stormkeep-/-Tankard-/-The.Halo.Effect-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Therapy?-/-Therion-/-Tower.(nyc)-/-Undrask-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Wilderun-/-Wind.Rose-/-Wizdoom-/-Xaon
        • Godflesh
          Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:59 am

Zed3 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:22 am
          Godflesh wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:34 pm

I'm with Fulorian here, the terms and conditions may be updated at any time, especially since no booking is possible right now ! They are not -yet- bound by the terms displayed on the website so let's not read too much in that date, they confirmed the availability of a payment plans in the email replies but did not confirm the cutoff date for the plan..
          It is believed here that as a charter, UMC must present the passenger manifest to RC at least 7 days before sailing (even though the boat itself only needs 60mn - https://traveltips.usatoday.com/cruisel ... 11374.html), which is what governs the date of the final payment.
          Previous years’ dates were also tied to the sailing date, e.g. October 19th for sailing end of January.
          The fact that we are sailing 3 weeks earlier matters more than the fact that we are 3 weeks late, compared to last year.

So the final payment date of December 25th (with Christmas, New Years, payment delays, etc) is what is believed to make the date of September 25th incompressible if you still want a 4-month payment plan.
          If we don’t get one, that breaks UMC’s posted terms and conditions, as well as the documented promise they confirmed to customers, unless they come up with a 3-month payment plan instead, which would be unprecedented.

Bottom line, they only have 6 days left to do business as usual, which is the appearance they have been trying to maintain, even though they have been silent for 7 days now.
          cowboy71
          Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:01 am

I definitely side with Godflesh on this one.

Yes, sure, they could change the terms & conditions - but by all that is unholy how BAD would that look? Public relations disaster!

"The Lord andy has given unto you this 3.....*smash*....2, 2 month payment plan"

Upcoming Gigs:
          2025 Wishlist
          Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
        • Downvod
          Midshipman

by Downvod » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:25 am

cowboy71 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:01 am I definitely side with Godflesh on this one.

Yes, sure, they could change the terms & conditions - but by all that is unholy how BAD would that look? Public relations disaster!

"The Lord andy has given unto you this 3.....*smash*....2, 2 month payment plan"

Right, and what would even be the point of changing it? They could only bump it out another week at the most, and have people making their final payments on January 2nd, 5 days before sailing. It is to their benefit to have all of the money collected as early as possible.

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
          Amalu
          Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:37 am

Let's assume that they are a trusted charter client and they can present the passenger manifest on the day before sailing. So the last payment can be done in very early January.

That would give them room with the payment plan until in October. No one ever said that 3 monthly payments all need to be a month apart.

First payment (with booking opening) could be 30th October. The second one due in November, the third in December and last due until 6th January.

Plenty of time until booking needs to open for the payment plan to work out.
        • Downvod
          Midshipman

by Downvod » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:19 am

Amalu wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 3:37 am Let's assume that they are a trusted charter client and they can present the passenger manifest on the day before sailing. So the last payment can be done in very early January.

That would give them room with the payment plan until in October. No one ever said that 3 monthly payments all need to be a month apart.

First payment (with booking opening) could be 30th October. The second one due in November, the third in December and last due until 6th January.

Plenty of time until booking needs to open for the payment plan to work out.
          It does actually say the that payments are a month apart in the terms...

The Guest may choose to pay in 4 easy monthly installments. You pay a deposit of 25% of the Grand Total Ticket Price at the time of booking and then three additional monthly installments of 25% of the Grand Total Ticket Price 1 month, 2 months and 3 months from the date of booking.

cowboy71
          Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:34 am

Yep that's it.

And that's the way its been every year for every cruise up until now, and for this upcoming cruise up to right now.

So to change that now in any way would be an epic fail of monumental proportions.
          Upcoming Gigs:
          2025 Wishlist
          Zed3
          Petty Officer

by Zed3 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:44 am

cowboy71 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 4:34 am Yep that's it.

And that's the way its been every year for every cruise up until now, and for this upcoming cruise up to right now.

So to change that now in any way would be an epic fail of monumental proportions.
          Only 6 days to find out.. but I can't see how they can do it all as per the timeframe you posted higher in the thread if they don't do something right now !
          My guess is that something will have to be changed (wether it's the T&Cs regarding the payment plan or advance (& separate) booking for gold & silver)...

Wishlist 2024:
          ...And.Oceans-/-Aephanemer-/-Aeternam-/-Aether.Realm-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animalize-/-Avatarium-/-Be'lakor-/-Belzebubs-/-Bloodywood-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Brymir-/-Bucovina-/-Dawn.of.Solace-/-Destinity-/-Dirty.Shirt-/-Diviner-/-Dordeduh-/-Equilibrium-/-Eternal.Champion-/-Frozen.Crown-/-Frozen.Dawn-/-Fvneral.Fvkk-/-Ghoultown-/-High.Command-/-Immortal-/-In.Mourning-/-Kalmah-/-Konvent-/-Lagerstein-/-Majestica-/-Mantar-/-Moonspell-/-Municipal.Waste-/-Myrkur-/-Nanowar.of.Steel-/-Necrophobic-/-Nestor-/-Night.Demon-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Paladin.(atl)-/-Paradise.Lost-/-Serenity-/-Significant.Point-/-Steelbourne-/-Stormkeep-/-Tankard-/-The.Halo.Effect-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Therapy?-/-Therion-/-Tower.(nyc)-/-Undrask-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Wilderun-/-Wind.Rose-/-Wizdoom-/-Xaon
          Tiki108
          Petty Officer

by Tiki108 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:36 am

If we don’t hear anything by the end of the day today, I’m going to be super concerned. I’m going to have a hell of a time booking if it’s opened on Saturday or Sunday. I can make it work, but I’m going to have to pay out the balls to make international calls.

2024_Wishlist:

Gratch
            Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Thu Sep 19, 2019 6:55 am

Cardest wrote: Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:22 pm I just came to the website a few minutes ago and it was down.
            What does that mean?
            No idea, but gives me a slight little bit of hope.
            FWIW, it was down for about an hour last Sunday morning as well...but no updates this week.

I decided to start to seriously looking into other vacation options last night. While I'd really like to do one more 70K, my patience is wearing awfully thin at this point. I'm about 50/50 on whether or not to go, even if it does get announced soon. Maybe that's Andy's plan to get new blood on board...who knows.

Might just take Mrs. Gratch on a regular cruise instead, as she's never been on one. Unfortunately, she's not a metal fan at all, so 70K is a non-starter for her.
            Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
            Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
          • Fulorian
            Crewman

by Fulorian » Thu Sep 19, 2019 7:27 am

Until UMC has begun accepting money from people, those terms and conditions are just words on a website, not legally binding. There is nothing to stop them from announcing Oct 1st, requiring the first payment upon booking, and subsequent payments as normal on every 24th as normal thereafter. There's no real advantage to it, either, but there isn't really an advantage of announcing bands 3 months before the cruise instead of 9 months, so I think trying to find some kind of angle on someone as ineffable as Andy is kind of useless anyhow.
            Survivor - 16 / 17 / 18 / 19
            PotatoPotahto
            Petty Officer

by PotatoPotahto » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:41 am

I agree with Statsman right now. I doubt they'll be changing the payment plan date or changing it from a 4mth to a 3mth or anything, the PR disaster from that would be astronomically worse than anything they've done so far.

Right now, no updates can be shrugged off as "Oh, Andy is just going balls to the wall with his silly #SOON antics this year! haha!" The wait hasn't actually hurt anyone yet. Aside from Australians and people from other distant countries who care about the lineup as a reason to book.

If the payment plan is altered though, it'd a massive clusterfuck, for so many involved, Survivors, PR, Social Media Teams, etc. Nobody would be happy, I'm sure of it. It'd be the worst mistake they've made since booking Stuck Mojo. /s

I've still got some shred of hope.
            Give me Behemoth and I'll be ecstatic
            cegr80
            Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:43 am

Well, I'm going to matter what! I'm just so anxious right now
            2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
          • Phoenix
            Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:20 am

PotatoPotahto wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:41 am Right now, no updates can be shrugged off as "Oh, Andy is just going balls to the wall with his silly #SOON antics this year! haha!" The wait hasn't actually hurt anyone yet. Aside from Australians and people from other distant countries who care about the lineup as a reason to book.
            It hasn't hurt anyone - except people from places that aren't the States (which is a LOT of the cruisers), people who care about the lineup, and people who need ticket confirmation in order to book the time off work, and people who have anxiety about this sort of thing. That's a lot of people that are hurt, when you claim there's no one.

I literally can't go now, because I'm not booking time off work without a guaranteed spot (I don't want to waste what precious little vacation I have). And the only person who covers me booked that time off already. So I'm OUT no matter what transpires. And so are several other survivors, you've seen the posts on here and other places.

So can we please stop pretending this hasn't affected people? Because it has. It's cool that some people are still going no matter what, and yeah you're going to have a great time, but people are fed up because of the (incredibly valid) reasons that have been brought up constantly the past few months.

Survivor:
            Out for 2023
          • Godflesh
            Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:48 am

Realize that the ToC and FAQ are the *only* things (with the destination port) they bothered to update on the web site months ago before they died - no new logo, no Day 4 recap, nothing. So yes, kind of important.
            PotatoPotahto
            Petty Officer

by PotatoPotahto » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:54 am

Phoenix wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:20 am
            PotatoPotahto wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 8:41 am Right now, no updates can be shrugged off as "Oh, Andy is just going balls to the wall with his silly #SOON antics this year! haha!" The wait hasn't actually hurt anyone yet. Aside from Australians and people from other distant countries who care about the lineup as a reason to book.
            It hasn't hurt anyone - except people from places that aren't the States (which is a LOT of the cruisers), people who care about the lineup, and people who need ticket confirmation in order to book the time off work, and people who have anxiety about this sort of thing. That's a lot of people that are hurt, when you claim there's no one.

I literally can't go now, because I'm not booking time off work without a guaranteed spot (I don't want to waste what precious little vacation I have). And the only person who covers me booked that time off already. So I'm OUT no matter what transpires. And so are several other survivors, you've seen the posts on here and other places.

So can we please stop pretending this hasn't affected people? Because it has. It's cool that some people are still going no matter what, and yeah you're going to have a great time, but people are fed up because of the (incredibly valid) reasons that have been brought up constantly the past few months.
            Fair enough points Phoenix, sorry about not thinking about the other people affected.
            Give me Behemoth and I'll be ecstatic
          • Bob
            Petty Officer

by Bob » Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:00 am

Phoenix wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:20 am ...
            I literally can't go now, because I'm not booking time off work without a guaranteed spot (I don't want to waste what precious little vacation I have). And the only person who covers me booked that time off already. So I'm OUT no matter what transpires.
            That sucks. You will be missed. Phoenix is actually one of the most SANE people on this forum. Gots to meet ya for a brief moment last year and years prior at the meet-nd-greets.
            Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
            1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
            2. Never seen them live.
            Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
            3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
            Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
            70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
            cegr80
            Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:33 pm

Bob wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:00 amPhoenix is actually one of the most SANE people on this forum
            Is she, though? :lol:

We are all freaks in this boat show
            2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
          • Phoenix
            Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:59 pm

cegr80 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:33 pm
            Bob wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:00 amPhoenix is actually one of the most SANE people on this forum
            No one ever asks me about how I got my scars :lol:
            Bob wrote: That sucks. You will be missed. Phoenix is actually one of the most SANE people on this forum. Gots to meet ya for a brief moment last year and years prior at the meet-nd-greets.
            Cheers :beerbang: It sucks because what I really want is to see everyone, but hey, if anyone ever wants to visit Calgary let me know XD If I can figure out how to get Prog Power passes I might do that - EToS is very spicy.

Survivor:
            Out for 2023
            Sgt. B
            Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:12 pm

Phoenix wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:59 pm ...If I can figure out how to get Prog Power passes I might do that - EToS is very spicy.
            They will have a day when tickets go onsale. You can purchase a ticket via Ticketbastard. That ticket is for the Friday/Saturday shows. I would advise you to buy one the day they go onsale. It has sold out quickly the last few years. A few hours, I think this last year.

As the year goes on, people will post on the forum to buy/sell tickets. That is another option.
            1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
            2014: Survivor
            2015: Survivor
            2016: Survivor
            2017: Survivor
            2018: Survivor
            2019: Survivor
            2020: Survivor
            2023: Survivor
            2024: Survivor
            BtH(2012): Survivor
            Amalu
            Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Thu Sep 19, 2019 1:48 pm

Bob wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 11:00 am That sucks. You will be missed. Phoenix is actually one of the most SANE people on this forum. Gots to meet ya for a brief moment last year and years prior at the meet-nd-greets.
            Couldn't agree more. It is a shame that you cannot come due to this late announcements.

Also: I do believe that there is quite a bit of harm already done. Don't get me wrong, the boat will most probably sell out and financially this thing will still work out. But yeah a lot of people are obviously already out just due to the time of year it is. Everyone who's job isn't extremely flexible will have a hard time getting off on such short notice. Taking your vacation, booking flights and hotel that is quite a commitment. Hell, me and my wife will certainly go BUT we haven't booked any flight or accommodation yet. We have no idea if we will manage to get a spot on the ship this year around. The arrangement we had last year will no longer work out and not having gold status brings the risk of all affordable categories selling out before we have the chance to book.

For a lot of us this is the vacation we are looking forward to the most. It really was the highlight of the year for me 2019. Having all this uncertainty, the waiting and waiting... I can understand that some are taking this situation difficultly.

Me personally I'm a lot less stressed about it then last year. :mrgreen:
            Still optimistic that everything will be working out and that I'm going to see a lot of you on the boat. :3drunks:
            cowboy71
            Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:49 pm

The fact that Phoenix isn't going makes super sad, and super pissed :(

Gonna miss you kiddo!

As with others, I'll still most likely go, but even I am not 100%. Australian dollar is sinking again after a brief upwards spike last week that made me hopeful of a recovery. So that means my booking cost is getting more expensive every day.

And thanks to the change in dates due to the superbowl, flights are SUPER expensive around that time of year from Australia! YES people will say "oh its still too far out, they will get cheaper" BUT in previous years around this time of year I've been able to get return flights to Florida for around $1,500 for 70k. At the moment the cheapest flights are more than that ($2,000+) JUST TO GET TO LA!

Cheapest flights I've seen so far (and I check OFTEN) has been about $1,900 back in July. And I was NOT going to book flights without any signs of booking codes or bands.

So yeah, not happy.
            Upcoming Gigs:
            2025 Wishlist
            Pellaz
            Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Sep 19, 2019 5:58 pm

Phoenix wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:59 pm
            cegr80 wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 12:33 pm
            No one ever asks me about how I got my scars :lol:
            Bob wrote: That sucks. You will be missed. Phoenix is actually one of the most SANE people on this forum. Gots to meet ya for a brief moment last year and years prior at the meet-nd-greets.
            Cheers :beerbang: It sucks because what I really want is to see everyone, but hey, if anyone ever wants to visit Calgary let me know XD If I can figure out how to get Prog Power passes I might do that - EToS is very spicy.
            You'll definitely be missed.
            As for ProgPower USA, keep an eye on the website; it should be updated sooooooon with the 2020 info. They're currently taking a well-deserved break.
            And EToS is indeed really spicy. I was going to sponsor them but opted for Ihsahn instead. Yeah, I'm the "oddball band" sponsor-guy. :lol:

As for the continuing announcement drought and PR disaster that's caused all this.... :bitch:
            2025 Wishlist:
            1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
            2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
            2025: most likely
          • Godflesh
            Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:19 pm

Godflesh wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:37 pm The cruise is listed here: https://www.cruisemapper.com/ships/Inde ... =itinerary
            Not anymore.
            Gratch
            Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:42 pm

Godflesh wrote: Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:19 pm
            Godflesh wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:37 pm The cruise is listed here: https://www.cruisemapper.com/ships/Inde ... =itinerary
            Not anymore.
            That’s...interesting.
            Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
            Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
          • Godflesh
            Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Sep 19, 2019 9:55 pm

No Independence on the port schedule for Cozumel either.
            Tiki108
            Petty Officer

by Tiki108 » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:13 pm

This year has been so fucking bizarre. Even from the beginning I noticed that Independence originally was available to book for the dates of 70k and eventually was taken off, but I legit called RC and they told me at that time it wasn’t chartered and I could book it. Maybe that’s happened prior years and I didn’t notice, but if the 25th passes and we are still in this state of unknown... well, I don’t even fucking know cause there’s really nothing I can do except be fucking annoyed.

2024_Wishlist:

Cardest
              Midshipman

by Cardest » Thu Sep 19, 2019 10:33 pm

For a Round X anniversary cruise, there is nothing much to celebrate right now.
              Not even a 10 years gallery or 10 years and we're still doing/highlights video....zip!
              Nothing at Heavy Montreal to show us bands/news, nothing.
              Maybe Andy ate too much poutine!
              A few months ago, the total number of friends of mine going from Australia was 12.
              Now it's down to 6. I see it's everywhere else too.
              So sad.
              I mean, this is a 10 yr celebration. A huge achievement.
              RC love us!
              Silence is just the opposite of celebrating.
              If the Skip is having a logistical nightmare booking certain bands/1st timers, then at least have some sort of distraction we can enjoy.
              I dunno.
              Put the Mexican flag in the hand of the beach/flying V dude on the website.
              Sailors will see something and feel better.

Everyone is feeling like shit right now.

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
              Zed3
              Petty Officer

by Zed3 » Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:50 am

I've known since Skipper's thank you address at the end ok 70k 2019 that we'd run into trouble !
              He made a mistake when announcing the changed dates and announced January 7th-11th instead of February 7h-11th ! That would have been the logical choice as not in the middle of a week and closer to the customary dates and not as close to holiday season as early January !
              But he was too damn proud to admit his mistake and still stands by it. But it explains why he's been scrambling all year long without giving any real info to try to make it happen nonetheless on those (wrong) dates. I'm now fully prepared to see the thing cancelled as he realizes he can't make it :'(

Yeah this theory is pure bullshit as the dates would collide with that of Monsters Of Rock also on the Indy... just making some fun, we need it ;)

Wishlist 2024:
            Post Reply 341 posts