Post Reply 13 posts Page 1 of 1
FUCK. SOON.
    cowboy71
    Commander

FUCK. SOON.

by cowboy71 » Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:34 pm

I planted the seed that grew into this. I feel like a proud parent.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbuC8tR-2Iw
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    jeyrow
    Petty Officer

Re: FUCK. SOON.

by jeyrow » Thu Sep 26, 2019 4:01 pm

definitely deserves a whole six pack of beers
    the official anthem of the event
    70000Tons - 2015 - 7307
    70000Tons - 2016 - 7531
    70000Tons - 2017 - 6231
    70000Tons - 2018 - No
    70000Tons - 2019 - 6131
    70000Tons - 2020 - No
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Thu Sep 26, 2019 9:36 pm

At the very least this needs to be performed at the pre cruise party. :mrgreen:
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:05 am

Has there ever been in the history of all music festivals, a festival where tickets have yet to go on sale with 100 days to go?
    Or, IF they even go on sale with 100 days to go, or 99 days to go.
    This must be a world first.
    Where all the tickets/cabins go on sale with such little time left.

1. bands finally go up and we all ponder (by now they surely can't just add 1 band a day....surely not) the list.
    2. We decide, OK....looks good. Let's roll.
    3. Golds, then silvers, then public...how many days left by now at this stage? 95? 90?
    4. Flights....hotels....not just Americans. But from as far away as Argentina, Sri Lanka, Japan, New Zealand, Scotland, Botswana...
    5. car rentals, other rentals.
    6. Insurance. Visas (for those coming from countries that require time to sort that out for example)
    7. Organizing friends, for cabins, for meet ups, for catching same flights together, beach shenanigans, booking hotels and rooms together. Friends is one thing, randoms - where friends drop off and randoms step in. That takes time too.
    8. Saving up $$$$$ I think, a lot of us have already started that one. Hope so. Good luck sailors!
    9. Getting time off work, or those ducking out from Uni/College...
    10. Cancellations - in a perfect world, everything is sorted but in terms of a cancellation, ALL of the above on this list needs to be sorted in a SHORT time frame.
    HOLY CROW!

HOW is this boat gonna sail?
    We are down to a slim window.
    INSANE.

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
  • Ti7aNiC
    Crewman

by Ti7aNiC » Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:34 am

Cardest wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:05 am Has there ever been in the history of all music festivals, a festival where tickets have yet to go on sale with 100 days to go?
    Outside of metal and some EDM, the average start time for lineup details and tickets for festivals seems to be 3-4 months out. So right now would totally be AVERAGE if you base it on all genres/festivals...

Let's look at some of the most popular music festivals in Canada, since I'm Canadian;
    - Amnesia Rockfest: June 14th+; tickets early March, lineup late April.
    - Heavy Montréal: July 27th; Slayer & tickets in December, lineup announced mid-February.
    - Ottawa Bluesfest: July 4th; lineup & tickets in early March.
    - Osheaga: August 2nd; lineup & tickets in late March.
    - Shambhala: August 9th; lineup late March, tickets 10 months in advance.
    - Veld: August 2nd; lineup mid-March, tickets March 21st.

When you start looking at slightly smaller festivals, and despite 70k being an international festival - remember there's still only 3,000 tickets, the window gets smaller. Around here: Evolve, Future Forest, Celtic Colours, & Halifax Pop Explosion all with a mere 1-3 months notice for lineup and tickets.

I really don't understand why people think this is so late. Get out of the metal bubble for a moment and look around.

HOWEVER, I will agree that due to the extra logistics involved with this being centered around a cruise, and $$$$, I would say that I believe UMC *should* do bands and tickets much earlier than the overall festival average.
    Survivor:
    70K 2016, 70K 2017, 70K 2018, 70K 2019, & 70K 2020
    70K 2023?

C A P E   B R E T O N
    C A N A D A

#fuckNewguyme
  • Hulk RT
    Crewman

by Hulk RT » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:18 am

Glorious, now that shit is stuck in my head. I do agree with the message.

:death:
    2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023 Survivor
    Tiki108
    Petty Officer

by Tiki108 » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:26 am

I fully support us all memorizing this song and singing it at the pre-party.

Also, as far as other fests go, I can understand small ones announcing stuff later, but most of those aren't drawing an international crowd. I have already paid for my gold badge for ProgPower 2020, I already know the line up for days 3 & 4 as well. Look at most of the larger metal fests and you know when stuff will go on sale and when you'll know the bulk of the line up. Let's also consider other themed cruises. I booked next year's Star Trek cruise on the boat and knew the bulk of who would be there before I got off of that boat. The other issue is that we don't know when things will start, it's been random most years and of course now seems to just be getting later and later.
    70K: 2014, 2020
    MDF: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    Summer Breeze: 2014, 2015
    Party.San: 2015
    ProgPower: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
    Trveheim: 2018

2024_Wishlist:

Probably skipping again :cry:
    • Bob
      Petty Officer

by Bob » Fri Sep 27, 2019 10:28 am

cowboy71 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:34 pm I planted the seed that grew into this. I feel like a proud parent.

Outstanding! Rav did an excellent job, so fun!
      Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
      1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
      2. Never seen them live.
      Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
      3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
      Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
      70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
      spooky
      Petty Officer

by spooky » Sat Sep 28, 2019 12:22 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:34 pm I planted the seed that grew into this. I feel like a proud parent.

BRILLIANT!!!!!!!!!! :bangers:
      2016: Survivor
      2017: Survivor
      2018: Survivor
      2019: Survivor
      2020: Survivor
      2021: FUCK COVID
      2022: FUCK COVID
      2023: Survivor
      2024: Survivor
      Cardest
      Midshipman

by Cardest » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:01 pm

Ti7aNiC wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 8:34 am
      Cardest wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 6:05 am Has there ever been in the history of all music festivals, a festival where tickets have yet to go on sale with 100 days to go?
      Outside of metal and some EDM, the average start time for lineup details and tickets for festivals seems to be 3-4 months out. So right now would totally be AVERAGE if you base it on all genres/festivals...

Let's look at some of the most popular music festivals in Canada, since I'm Canadian;
      - Amnesia Rockfest: June 14th+; tickets early March, lineup late April.
      - Heavy Montréal: July 27th; Slayer & tickets in December, lineup announced mid-February.
      - Ottawa Bluesfest: July 4th; lineup & tickets in early March.
      - Osheaga: August 2nd; lineup & tickets in late March.
      - Shambhala: August 9th; lineup late March, tickets 10 months in advance.
      - Veld: August 2nd; lineup mid-March, tickets March 21st.

When you start looking at slightly smaller festivals, and despite 70k being an international festival - remember there's still only 3,000 tickets, the window gets smaller. Around here: Evolve, Future Forest, Celtic Colours, & Halifax Pop Explosion all with a mere 1-3 months notice for lineup and tickets.

I really don't understand why people think this is so late. Get out of the metal bubble for a moment and look around.

Yeah mate, I agree, same with Dark MoFo (Hymns to the Dead) in Hobart, Tasmania, but they always let you know that for that festival, in June every year, thay always announce the line up on April 1st. But at least we know that each year.
      But with 70k, it's a whole different beast.
      Imagine Wacken each year, of not knowing and guessing like this madness we have here with this cruise.
      For me, I am 9, 331 miles away from Miami and all this guessing of if/when/if/who/what the hell is going on crap, bad exchange rates, Aussie/US dollar, asking time off work, is it worth it this time....those sorta thoughts and the bands means everything in making a decision.
      Anyway, so far, it's 70000 Tons of Sadness right now.
      Go Sens Go!
      :deathhorns:

HOWEVER, I will agree that due to the extra logistics involved with this being centered around a cruise, and $$$$, I would say that I believe UMC *should* do bands and tickets much earlier than the overall festival average.

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
      cowboy71
      Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:17 pm

70K is not a regular festival. It's not even a regular SMALL festival.

It is a cruise. So if you are to compare apples to apples, you need to compare it to the other cruises out there. Lets look at the 'big four':

Megacruise
      Shiprocked
      Monsters of Rock
      Full Metal Cruise

SHIPROCKED - Sailing Feb 1-6. Bands announced June 2019
      MONSTERS OF ROCK - Sailing Feb 8-13. Bands started getting announced May 2019
      MEGACRUISE - Sailing Oct 13-18. Bands started getting announced February 2019
      FULL METAL CRUISE 2020 - Sailing Sep 23-28. Fuck don't have to check when they started announcing that one because its a YEAR AWAY and they already have bands!!
      Upcoming Gigs:
      -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
      2025 Wishlist
      Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
      Tiki108
      Petty Officer

by Tiki108 » Sat Sep 28, 2019 8:01 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 6:17 pm 70K is not a regular festival. It's not even a regular SMALL festival.

It is a cruise. So if you are to compare apples to apples, you need to compare it to the other cruises out there. Lets look at the 'big four':

Megacruise
      Shiprocked
      Monsters of Rock
      Full Metal Cruise

SHIPROCKED - Sailing Feb 1-6. Bands announced June 2019
      MONSTERS OF ROCK - Sailing Feb 8-13. Bands started getting announced May 2019
      MEGACRUISE - Sailing Oct 13-18. Bands started getting announced February 2019
      FULL METAL CRUISE 2020 - Sailing Sep 23-28. Fuck don't have to check when they started announcing that one because its a YEAR AWAY and they already have bands!!
      I know we are all pretty confident 70k will happen, but I'm half ready to jump ship to Full Metal Cruise. I want the to do Full Metal Mountain again cause that looked badass.
      70K: 2014, 2020
      MDF: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
      Summer Breeze: 2014, 2015
      Party.San: 2015
      ProgPower: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
      Trveheim: 2018

2024_Wishlist:

Probably skipping again :cry:
        ShoreSlayer
        Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Sep 29, 2019 4:28 pm