Post Reply 2037 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2020 Megathread
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Brethren Of The Sword

by Andy » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:05 pm

EINHERJER returns from Valhalla to embark on the great journey known as Round X of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise! Will you join these sword brethren in the feasting halls starting on January 7th, 2020?

Don't make the mistake of staying shoreside all by your "L"onesome...

• Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

Re: Brethren Of The Sword

by Jotunheimr » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:06 pm

Awesome! Another 2 setter! :headbanger:
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:19 pm

Lacuna Coil next?
    Seventh.Wonder/Theocracy/The.Night.Flight.Orchestra/Draconian/My.Dying.Bride/Primordial/Turisas/Katatonia/Swallow.the.Sun/Eluveitie/Seven.Spires/Tyr/Soilwork/Helloween/Countless.Skies/Anaal.Nathrakh/Frozen.Crown/Sonata.Arctica/Powerwolf/Blind.Guardian/Avantasia/Within.Temptation/Aephanemer/Serenity/Saturnus/Moonspell/Scardust/The.Halo.Effect/Sabaton/Noumena/Sojourner/Dragony/Omnium.Gatherum/Soen/Paradise.Lost/Shape.of.Despair/Hamferd/Aether.Realm/Brothers.of.Metal/Dawn.of.Solace/Tribulation/Twilight.Force/Be'lakor/Wilderun/Beast.in.Black/Ensiferum/Serenity.in.Murder/Dimmu.Borgir/Amon.Amarth/Visigoth/Satyricon/Cradle.of.Filth/Unleash.the.Archers/Moonsorrow/Epica
  • gunsngreens
    Wiper

by gunsngreens » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:22 pm

Andy wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:05 pm EINHERJER returns from Valhalla to embark on the great journey known as Round X of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise! Will you join these sword brethren in the feasting halls starting on January 7th, 2020?

Don't make the mistake of staying shoreside all by your "L"onesome...

That L may stand for Lacuna Coil since Epica's on the ship. Would love to see Leprous get announced there.
    Tiki108
    Petty Officer

by Tiki108 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:26 pm

I’d lose my mind of Lacrimosa, but I know that’s highly unlikely.
    70K: 2014, 2020
    MDF: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    Summer Breeze: 2014, 2015
    Party.San: 2015
    ProgPower: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2022, 2023
    Trveheim: 2018

2024_Wishlist:

Probably skipping again :cry:
      Cardest
      Midshipman

by Cardest » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:25 pm

Well, I thought for sure, being soooooo far behind schedule, we'd all get 10 bands right off the bat.
      Or more!
      Where were we last year at this time for bands? 35 by this stage?
      5 bands so far only.
      I find this disappointing, but happy we are getting bands at last.
      But this trickle, I just find it to be silly.
      Hopefully, less repeats over the coming days too.

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
      Cardest
      Midshipman

by Cardest » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:28 pm

Tiki108 wrote: Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:26 pm I’d lose my mind of Lacrimosa, but I know that’s highly unlikely.

I liked Kreator's Endorama song with Lacrimosa guy being the guest on that.

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
      Cardest
      Midshipman

by Cardest » Sat Oct 19, 2019 10:30 pm

L

L = Lantlos!
      L = Lucifer (Sweden)
      L = Lord Dying (Portland)
      L = L'Acephale (Portland)
      L = Lamb of God ( sorta like 'em, but, meh...)

Let the band Loose!
      C'mon! haha

cowboy71
      Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:45 pm

Lacuna Coil or Leaves Eyes most likely.

I'd love Living Sacrifice but that ain't gonna happen!
      Upcoming Gigs:
      -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
      2025 Wishlist
      Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
      Ethrivas
      Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:31 am

Hell yeah, first green for my wishlist!
      Lahmia, Lucifer's Child, Legion of the Damned, Lost Society or Lacrimas Profundere would be awesome for next. (since Lamb of God is highly unlikely)

BTW do you agree that Amon Amarth is not confirmed (yet), coz if it was it would have been the very first announcement.
      Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
      2018, 2019, 2020, 2024: Survivor
      2023: Skip year
      cowboy71
      Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:41 am

Lovebites? That would be cool :P
      Lagerstein? Too 'unknown' for this early?
      Lacuna Coil and Leaves Eyes maybe way too 'samey' for this soon as we already have Haggard and Epica...
      Upcoming Gigs:
      2025 Wishlist
      Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
      ShoreSlayer
      Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:12 am

It will be Loudness
      So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
      :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    • rocking apple
      Crewman

by rocking apple » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:44 am

LIONHEART, Oakland, California 👊
    • Godflesh
      Ensign

by Godflesh » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:20 am

It will be LACUNA COIL. Their new album just came out, and they’re promoting it heavily, including a full interview on Sirius XM. Very interesting interview, too bad I don’t care for their music.
    • clegane
      Petty Officer

by clegane » Sun Oct 20, 2019 2:26 am

LIK
      Loudblast
      Loudness
      Lethal
      Letherwolf

...they all would be nice, but I think thats unlikely.
      Still 0/5.
      Where are the Bands for the 40+ People? We need some old school shit! :headbanger:
      Wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Infernal Majesty, Meliah Rage,Toranaga, Evildead, Triptykon, Brutality, Massacre, Dismember, Flotsam a Jetsam, Protector, Razor, Helstar, Omen, Running Wild, Vltimas, Lik, Sorcery (SWE), Attacker

Survivor:
      Cardest
      Midshipman

by Cardest » Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:37 am

Whenever I see Lacuna Coil, I think Hot Topic shop in the malls of America.

Hope this L band is something new!

• Downvod
      Midshipman

by Downvod » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:16 am

cowboy71 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:41 am Lovebites? That would be cool :P
      Lagerstein? Too 'unknown' for this early?
      Lacuna Coil and Leaves Eyes maybe way too 'samey' for this soon as we already have Haggard and Epica...
      Too unknown? I think we all expected the first 10 to be 60+ minute set bands, but we’ve gotten Origin and Einherjer in the first 5, so all bets are off at this point.
      70k 2016: Cabin 7279
      70k 2017: Cabin 6361
      70k 2018: Cabin 1704
      70k 2019: Cabin 1402
      70k 2020: Cabin 9220
      70k 2023: Cabin 1704
      70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
      Razor Ramon
      Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:40 am

EMPEROR

EPICA

HAGGARD

ORIGIN

EINHERJER
      70000 Tons 2019
      Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
      My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
      Danny24601
      Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:00 am

Ethrivas wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:31 am BTW do you agree that Amon Amarth is not confirmed (yet), coz if it was it would have been the very first announcement.
      Not sure. The first announcement is always a headliner who has never been on before, so it wouldn't be Amon Amarth (on in 2011). Indeed, looking at 2018 they announced Sabaton quite late, and Sabaton are about as big as Amon Amarth. That said, I think Amon Amarth is unlikely anyhow.
      Seventh.Wonder/Theocracy/The.Night.Flight.Orchestra/Draconian/My.Dying.Bride/Primordial/Turisas/Katatonia/Swallow.the.Sun/Eluveitie/Seven.Spires/Tyr/Soilwork/Helloween/Countless.Skies/Anaal.Nathrakh/Frozen.Crown/Sonata.Arctica/Powerwolf/Blind.Guardian/Avantasia/Within.Temptation/Aephanemer/Serenity/Saturnus/Moonspell/Scardust/The.Halo.Effect/Sabaton/Noumena/Sojourner/Dragony/Omnium.Gatherum/Soen/Paradise.Lost/Shape.of.Despair/Hamferd/Aether.Realm/Brothers.of.Metal/Dawn.of.Solace/Tribulation/Twilight.Force/Be'lakor/Wilderun/Beast.in.Black/Ensiferum/Serenity.in.Murder/Dimmu.Borgir/Amon.Amarth/Visigoth/Satyricon/Cradle.of.Filth/Unleash.the.Archers/Moonsorrow/Epica
      Ethrivas
      Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:08 am

Danny24601 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:00 am The first announcement is always a headliner who has never been on before,
      Oh OK. Didn't know that. Fingers crossed.
      Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
      2018, 2019, 2020, 2024: Survivor
      2023: Skip year
      Danny24601
      Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:12 am

Ethrivas wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:08 am
      Danny24601 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 10:00 am The first announcement is always a headliner who has never been on before,
      I mean, it's not a real rule, just an observation that has always held true. Andy could break it whenever he wants.
    • Downvod
      Midshipman

by Downvod » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:50 pm

Danny24601 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:12 am
      I mean, it's not a real rule, just an observation that has always held true. Andy could break it whenever he wants.
      It hasn’t always held true, just the past 4 cruises (including this one). 2015 and 2016 had Blind Guardian and Iced Earth as the first bands, and they both played in 2011. That said, it has been the trend as of late to announce someone new first.

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
      jeyrow
      Petty Officer

by jeyrow » Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:56 pm

What's about Linndemann like headliner? And Maybe a 3x1, Linndemann, Pain and Hypocrisy
      70000Tons - 2015 - 7307
      70000Tons - 2016 - 7531
      70000Tons - 2017 - 6231
      70000Tons - 2018 - No
      70000Tons - 2019 - 6131
      70000Tons - 2020 - No
      Danny24601
      Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 1:55 pm

Downvod wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:50 pm
      Danny24601 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:12 am
      It hasn’t always held true, just the past 4 cruises (including this one). 2015 and 2016 had Blind Guardian and Iced Earth as the first bands, and they both played in 2011. That said, it has been the trend as of late to announce someone new first.
      Oooh, good to know. For some reason I thought that Apocalyptica and Cradle were the first announced those years, but looks like I was wrong.
      SavaRon
      Crewman

by SavaRon » Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:29 pm

For the first 5 bands does this seem lackluster? Besides Emporer, seems kind of meh. Plus only 5 bands so far with one being known for a couple months. I don't know, maybe it's just me.
      cegr80
      Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:00 pm

Don't know anything about Origin. As far as Einherjer goes, I was so damn wasted when they played back in 2017, I barely remember them but they struck me as odd as fuck, which was kinda interesting.

I'm rooting for Loch Vostok next
      2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
      cowboy71
      Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:01 pm

SavaRon wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:29 pm For the first 5 bands does this seem lackluster? Besides Emporer, seems kind of meh. Plus only 5 bands so far with one being known for a couple months. I don't know, maybe it's just me.
      Tend to agreed with you.

Now don't get me wrong because for ME the first 5 are great - love haggard, love epica, and emperor will be cool and don't mind Einherjer. BUT, if we are playing devils advocate here, we have:

- 2 bands that haven't put out new albums in over a decade (Emperor and Haggard)
      - 4 repeats - three of which are now appearing for a 3rd time
      - Nothing from the top 10 wishlists
      - 2 bands with sub-100k listeners on last.fm

Skipper is hardly hitting it out of the park :p
      Last edited by cowboy71 on Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
      Upcoming Gigs:
      2025 Wishlist
      jeyrow
      Petty Officer

by jeyrow » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:04 pm

Einherjer is a great show, I recommend both sets

Next Band: Linndemann

cegr80 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:00 pm Don't know anything about Origin. As far as Einherjer goes, I was so damn wasted when they played back in 2017, I barely remember them but they struck me as odd as fuck, which was kinda interesting.

70000Tons - 2015 - 7307
      70000Tons - 2016 - 7531
      70000Tons - 2017 - 6231
      70000Tons - 2018 - No
      70000Tons - 2019 - 6131
      70000Tons - 2020 - No
    • Godflesh
      Ensign

by Godflesh » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:07 pm

cegr80 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:00 pm Don't know anything about Origin. As far as Einherjer goes, I was so damn wasted when they played back in 2017, I barely remember them but they struck me as odd as fuck, which was kinda interesting.

EINHERJER played in 2015 so yeah, you were so damn wasted.
      cegr80
      Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:10 pm

Godflesh wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:07 pmEINHERJER played in 2015 so yeah, you were so damn wasted.
      Don't know about 2015, mate. I started attending in 2017 and I assure you they played that year :lol:
      2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    • Jotunheimr
      Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:14 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:01 pm
      SavaRon wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 5:29 pm For the first 5 bands does this seem lackluster? Besides Emporer, seems kind of meh. Plus only 5 bands so far with one being known for a couple months. I don't know, maybe it's just me.
      Tend to agreed with you.

Now don't get me wrong because for ME the first 5 are great - love haggard, love epica, and emperor will be cool and don't mind Einherjer. BUT, if we are playing devils advocate here, we have:

- 2 bands that haven't put out new albums in over a decade (Emperor and Haggard)
      - 4 repeats - two of which are now appearing for a 3rd time
      - Nothing from the top 10 wishlists
      - 2 bands with sub-100k listeners on last.fm

Skipper is hardly hitting it out of the park :p
      3/5 are appearing for a third time. Haggard, Epica, and Einherjer. I’d like some newer bands but there are plenty of quality repeat bands I’d love to see.
      2015: 6511
      2016: 7455
      2020: 3240
      2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
      cowboy71
      Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:28 pm

Right you are. Forgot Einherjer is a threepeat as well.
      Upcoming Gigs:
      2025 Wishlist
    • Godflesh
      Ensign

by Godflesh » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:38 pm

cegr80 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:10 pm
      Godflesh wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:07 pmEINHERJER played in 2015 so yeah, you were so damn wasted.
      Don't know about 2015, mate. I started attending in 2017 and I assure you they played that year :lol:
      Indeed. I’m shocked to realize that Wikipedia is not reliable.
    • Downvod
      Midshipman

by Downvod » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:41 pm

This all feels pretty calculated to me. They had to start sales next week, and therefore they had to start giving us a couple of bands. However, I think they either have a big band or two they cannot announce quite yet, or they are saving the big hitters for public sales. It just definitely seems to me like they are trying to kill time right now.

I definitely don’t think Einherjer and Origin are going to be our marquee bands when we look at the lineup in a couple of weeks.

Cardest
      Midshipman

by Cardest » Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:44 pm

and the clock is ticking and sales about to start this week.
      Only 5 bands and I'm not exactly thrilled right now in all massive bouts of honesty.
      I've seen all 5 bands before in various places and previous cruises.
      Hope we get at least another 5 before the first cabin is booked.
      At this rate, hardly seems so.
      Ah! The angst!
      Grr.

Pellaz
      Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:27 pm

Godflesh wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:38 pm
      cegr80 wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:10 pm
      Indeed. I’m shocked to realize that Wikipedia is not reliable.
      PLEASE tell me that was sarcasm. :lol:

Einherjer is a cool add. Met them in the hot-tub randomly in 2015 and checked them out 'cause they were cool. It will be cool to ride "Dragons of the North" again.

L is probably for Lacuna Coil (and I like 'em), but Leprous would be awesome.
      2025 Wishlist:
      1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
      2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
      2025: most likely
      DragonLordJones
      Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:40 pm

c.mon Andy 4 more before booking (and please make 'em count) :beerhorns: :givebeer:
      Cardest
      Midshipman

by Cardest » Sun Oct 20, 2019 11:23 pm

DragonLordJones wrote: Sun Oct 20, 2019 9:40 pm c.mon Andy 4 more before booking (and please make 'em count) :beerhorns: :givebeer:
      Yeah!

Tell us about it.

Where's all the band announcements for today?
      This is bollocks!

Cardest
      Midshipman

by Cardest » Mon Oct 21, 2019 12:58 am

L

it could be LUCIFER!!!
      They start a US tour on January 15th.

Now, if this is the L band, that thrills me very much so.

https://www.facebook.com/luciferofficial

• deathmetalpat
      Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Mon Oct 21, 2019 7:14 am

Sadly both Sunday and Monday tend to be no announcement days ,along with the fact Black cards are either going or they are not.At this point it is just a matter of do they want to keep their streak going ,bands don’t even matter to them and there aren’t enough of them to make a big dent in sales.Maybe a band ,Golds will be booking with 7-10 bands probably.
      2012-14 Survivor
      2015-16 Abandoned Ship
      2017 Returned
      2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
      2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
      2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
      2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    Post Reply 2037 posts