Post Reply 97 posts
70K 2020 Forum Users' Meet'n'Greet Onbroad
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

70K 2020 Forum Users' Meet'n'Greet Onbroad

by Amalu » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:22 pm

I think it might be time to start planing our annual get-together onbroad.

We more or less agreed on changing the venue from last year, right?

Anyone still has the design for our name tags? I could print those for free.
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

Re: 70K 2020 Forum Users' Meet'n'Greet Onbroad

by cegr80 » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:26 pm

We agreed upon NOT doing it again in that Schooner Bar, way too crowded. Someone mentioned the Viking Crown, which I think it is well isolated for our needs BUT the only drawback being that the bar will be closed.

As far as nametags go, not sure if user cherrythorne had some of them stickers left. All I know is that she was requesting cash payment for them stickers due to "too many people offering drinks"
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:37 pm

cegr80 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:26 pm We agreed upon NOT doing it again in that Schooner Bar, way too crowded. Someone mentioned the Viking Crown, which I think it is well isolated for our needs BUT the only drawback being that the bar will be closed.

As far as nametags go, not sure if user cherrythorne had some of them stickers left. All I know is that she was requesting cash payment for them stickers due to "too many people offering drinks"
    I love the Viking Crown, the bar 'can' be open if Royal Caribbean knows people will be up there expecting drinks. I think Andy (or someone on Andy's staff) would need to request that. Does anyone want to reach out to UMC to see if they can request the bar in Viking Crown be staffed?
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:50 pm

slayergeek wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:37 pmDoes anyone want to reach out to UMC to see if they can request the bar in Viking Crown be staffed?
    Can we have a GIF requesting it? Pretty please. :mrgreen:
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:58 pm

cegr80 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:26 pm We agreed upon NOT doing it again in that Schooner Bar, way too crowded. Someone mentioned the Viking Crown, which I think it is well isolated for our needs BUT the only drawback being that the bar will be closed.

The Viking Lounge looks nice, should be calm enough for our needs.

Regarding name tags. All it takes me is a little work. I will print this at the office and nobody there cares if I print a few pages for private use. Printed 100s of pages for my scout troupe already. ;)
    If need be I'll bring a few dozen for free. Don't need drinks or money.
    I printed 20'ish name tags for last year and just gave them to cherrythorne for distribution. Can do the same next year.
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:26 pm

cegr80 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:26 pm ...All I know is that she was requesting cash payment for them stickers due to "too many people offering drinks"
    She got so wasted on those drinks she missed the muster drill, passed out in her cabin, haha!
    Wishlist 2024: Ranked in order of:
    1. Line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    70K Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 23
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:08 pm

Bob wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:26 pm
    cegr80 wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:26 pm ...All I know is that she was requesting cash payment for them stickers due to "too many people offering drinks"
    She got so wasted on those drinks she missed the muster drill, passed out in her cabin, haha!
    OMG that's hilarious. (But a pretty cool way to avoid muster drill...…..hmm.....)

Viking Crown Lounge sounds like a good plan. My only concern would be a conflict with the "ProgPower USA at 70K" group photo that we did last year on the helipad at the ship's bow...which is a long way from the Viking Crown. :lol:

Speaking of photos, did our group photo from last year ever surface?
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:56 pm

I didn't do it last year (even though I was literally in the Schooner) because I was a n00b. Viking Crown would be OK for me. I'm bringing two n00bs with me (my new wife and my daughter). Both new to 70K although experienced hands with metal and cruises (MORC and countless metal shows each).
    Survivor 2019,2020,2023,2024/Wishlist...
    A.Sound.Of.Thunder/Accept/Ad.Infinitum/Aether.Realm/Alabama.Thunderpussy/Amaranthe/Anthrax/Arch.Enemy/Art.Of.Anarchy/At.The.Gates/Avantasia/Avatar/Burning.Witches/Cattle.Decapitation/Corrosion.Of.Conformity/Crowbar/Dark.Tranquillity/Death.Angel/Death.Dealer.Union/Deathless.Legacy/Devin.Townsend/Dragony/Dream.Theater/Edguy/Elegant.Weapons/Eluveitie/Ensiferum/Exhorder/Exodus/Fates.Warning/Goatwhore/Haken/Hammerfall/Havok/Helloween/Hellscore/Jinjer/Kerry.King/King.Diamond/King's.X/Kobra.and.the.Lotus/Lacuna.Coil/Mercyful.Fate/Meshuggah/Metal.Church/Moonspell/Mors.Principium.Est/Myrath/Napalm.Death/Ne.Obliviscaris/Nekrogoblikon/Northern.Kings/Opeth/Orphaned.Land/Overkill/Paradise.Lost/Persefone/Powerwolf/Queensryche/Rage/Raven/Ravenous.EH/Riot.V/Sabaton/Scardust/Scorched.Moon/Seven.Spires/SIGH/Skiltron/Solemn.Vision/Sonata.Arctica/Soto/Stratovarius/Subway.to.Sally/Suicidal.Tendencies/Svartsot/Symphony.X/Testament/The.Black.Dahlia.Murder/The.Hu/The.Unity/Tribunal/Trouble/Twilight.Force/Unleash.The.Archers/Van.Canto/Within.Temptation
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:10 pm

Pellaz wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:08 pmSpeaking of photos, did our group photo from last year ever surface?
    Yes, it did. You even commented it with a "Huzzah!"

2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:04 pm

cegr80 wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 2:10 pm
    Pellaz wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:08 pmSpeaking of photos, did our group photo from last year ever surface?

"I feel old, Gandalf...like butter spread over too much bread." :D
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    spooky
    Petty Officer

by spooky » Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:51 am

i missed this last year...too much going on with Noobs. lol!
    to save money and hassle, could someone not just come out with a printable name tag that would fit inside a plastic holder on a lanyard? a lot of people just wear one with their room card in it anyway...
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2021: FUCK COVID
    2022: FUCK COVID
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    PotatoPotahto
    Petty Officer

by PotatoPotahto » Sat Nov 02, 2019 12:00 pm

Amalu wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:50 pm
    slayergeek wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:37 pmDoes anyone want to reach out to UMC to see if they can request the bar in Viking Crown be staffed?
    Can we have a GIF requesting it? Pretty please. :mrgreen:

JK. If you have a scene in mind I could do it with I should be able to pop one out pretty easily.
    Give me Behemoth and I'll be ecstatic
  • CherrysThorne2020
    Wiper

by CherrysThorne2020 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 11:26 am

Bob wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 2:26 pm
    Hi it's CherrysThorne checking in... It is true I was so fucked* up that I missed the muster drill... I won't be making the stickers this year because I had a few leftover and I got two drunk and I noticed a lot of people had made stickers besides myself So I think that there will be some available anyway ...I look forward to this 10th anniversary cruise and I already am very impressed with the ten bands already announced
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:09 am

Hey look at us... so fucking handsome and beautiful!

I will try to be there again to meet you all guys. Viking crown sounds good. Basketball court was also fine other years. Free stickers will be awesome too :)
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
  • CherrysThorne2020
    Wiper

by CherrysThorne2020 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:15 am

Pellaz wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:04 pm

"I feel old, Gandalf...like butter spread over too much bread." :D
    Oh look my daughter's in this photo I was already probably too drunk to get in to the group photo...
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:24 am

CherrysThorne2020 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:15 am Oh look my daughter's in this photo I was already probably too drunk to get in to the group photo...
    At least you had someone representing you :lol:
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:33 am

Let's see if I can remember the forum user names by looking at this photo, no cheating! Apologies for any mistakes or someone I don't recall.

From left to right, top row: cegr80 (c'est moi!), SgtB, Amalu, phoenix, RazorRamon, cowboy71, bodomdragon, Godflesh, mbob, dude with the horns up, kenwpuckett (can't remember his exact forum user name)

From left to right, middle row: dude with glasses and horns up, Pellaz, PotatoPotahto, AstridDragon, Ethrivas, CherryThorne's daughter?

From left to right, bottom row: jeyrow, slayergeek, taketheday
    taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer

by taketheday » Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:02 am

I agree, the Schooner was too crowded. I also think that the Viking Crowne Lounge would be great, much quieter and not far from my cabin too :lol:

2013: 7545
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016 and 2019: 7320
    2017/2018: 7624
    2020: 7324

https://www.facebook.com/Bands.support.and.promotion
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:46 am

cegr80 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:33 am Let's see if I can remember the forum user names by looking at this photo, no cheating! Apologies for any mistakes or someone I don't recall.
    Got it right as far as I can tell!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:00 am

From left to right, middle row: dude with glasses and horns up = "bob"

:)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Wed Nov 13, 2019 8:54 am

cowboy71 wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:00 am ....

From left to right, middle row: dude with glasses and horns up = "bob"

:)
    Haha! You are correct Sir.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-IGNEA-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Mgla-/-Opeth-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Spiritbox-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Visigoth-/-Wagakki_Band
    Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Behemoth-/-Corrosion_of_Conformity-/-Fleshgod_Apocalypse-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Nov 14, 2019 4:30 pm

taketheday wrote: Wed Nov 13, 2019 2:02 am I agree, the Schooner was too crowded. I also think that the Viking Crowne Lounge would be great, much quieter and not far from my cabin too :lol:
    Now that I think of it, it wouldn't be too far from my cabin either. Inasmuch as it's still a long damned walk from the elevators to the very back of the ship.... :)

BTW, welcome back!
    2025 Wishlist:
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Mon Nov 18, 2019 2:29 pm

slayergeek wrote: Thu Oct 31, 2019 1:37 pm
    I love the Viking Crown, the bar 'can' be open if Royal Caribbean knows people will be up there expecting drinks. I think Andy (or someone on Andy's staff) would need to request that. Does anyone want to reach out to UMC to see if they can request the bar in Viking Crown be staffed?
    ^^^^ This needs to happen else it will be locked up tight.

We can always return to the basketball court.

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:08 am

Let's start arranging stuff...

Is is official we can do it on the Viking Crown?

Let's also set meeting time and photo time
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:49 pm

spooky wrote: Sat Nov 02, 2019 10:51 am i missed this last year...too much going on with Noobs. lol!
    to save money and hassle, could someone not just come out with a printable name tag that would fit inside a plastic holder on a lanyard? a lot of people just wear one with their room card in it anyway...
    Has anyone indicated they'd be able to make our awesome rainbow "Hail Satan" nametags yet?
    cegr80 wrote: Let's start arranging stuff...
    Is is official we can do it on the Viking Crown?
    Let's also set meeting time and photo time

I don't think it was made official yet because we don't know for sure if the Viking Crown will be open. The bar probably will NOT be, even if the room itself is open.

As for meeting time and photo time.... Maybe 3pm? Virtually everyone should be onbroad by then and it should be far enough in advance of muster drill to avoid the confusion of two years ago. :D
    Last edited by Pellaz on Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    2025 Wishlist:
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:34 pm

I received a phone call from the 70K Customer Service team. They confirmed we can use the Viking Crown as a meeting place, but the bar will not be open due to the muster drill, unfortunately.

So, Viking Crown 3:00pm? Group photo at 3:30pm?
  • Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:28 pm

cegr80 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:34 pm I received a phone call from the 70K Customer Service team. They confirmed we can use the Viking Crown as a meeting place, but the bar will not be open due to the muster drill, unfortunately.

Awesome cegr80! U-da-get-things-done-man. Thank you for setting this up.

Viking Crown sure beats standing in the sun on the ass-end of the ship. Plus the sky-bar is right below, right? Does anyone remember if that is open before the muster-drill?

Konvent
    2. Never seen them live.
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:08 pm

Bob wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:28 pm
    cegr80 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 1:34 pm I received a phone call from the 70K Customer Service team. They confirmed we can use the Viking Crown as a meeting place, but the bar will not be open due to the muster drill, unfortunately.

Awesome cegr80! U-da-get-things-done-man. Thank you for setting this up.

Viking Crown sure beats standing in the sun on the ass-end of the ship. Plus the sky-bar is right below, right? Does anyone remember if that is open before the muster-drill?
    Viking Crown is one of my favorite places on the ship, but the bar is most often closed and it is pretty far from everything else. I would assume the only drink near there will be the ones we bring ourselves.
    Survivor

WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:28 pm

I'm in for 3pm in VC. I'll just bring up a bucket of beer from the Schooner.
    Survivor 2019,2020,2023,2024/Wishlist...
    A.Sound.Of.Thunder/Accept/Ad.Infinitum/Aether.Realm/Alabama.Thunderpussy/Amaranthe/Anthrax/Arch.Enemy/Art.Of.Anarchy/At.The.Gates/Avantasia/Avatar/Burning.Witches/Cattle.Decapitation/Corrosion.Of.Conformity/Crowbar/Dark.Tranquillity/Death.Angel/Death.Dealer.Union/Deathless.Legacy/Devin.Townsend/Dragony/Dream.Theater/Edguy/Elegant.Weapons/Eluveitie/Ensiferum/Exhorder/Exodus/Fates.Warning/Goatwhore/Haken/Hammerfall/Havok/Helloween/Hellscore/Jinjer/Kerry.King/King.Diamond/King's.X/Kobra.and.the.Lotus/Lacuna.Coil/Mercyful.Fate/Meshuggah/Metal.Church/Moonspell/Mors.Principium.Est/Myrath/Napalm.Death/Ne.Obliviscaris/Nekrogoblikon/Northern.Kings/Opeth/Orphaned.Land/Overkill/Paradise.Lost/Persefone/Powerwolf/Queensryche/Rage/Raven/Ravenous.EH/Riot.V/Sabaton/Scardust/Scorched.Moon/Seven.Spires/SIGH/Skiltron/Solemn.Vision/Sonata.Arctica/Soto/Stratovarius/Subway.to.Sally/Suicidal.Tendencies/Svartsot/Symphony.X/Testament/The.Black.Dahlia.Murder/The.Hu/The.Unity/Tribunal/Trouble/Twilight.Force/Unleash.The.Archers/Van.Canto/Within.Temptation
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:50 pm

toby wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:28 pm I'm in for 3pm in VC. I'll just bring up a bucket of beer from the Schooner.
    Awesome! Let's begin making the RSVP list to see how we can manage the amount of Hail Satan labels/stickers/nametags:

toby
    cegr80
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:58 pm

cegr80 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:50 pm
    toby wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:28 pm I'm in for 3pm in VC. I'll just bring up a bucket of beer from the Schooner.
    Awesome! Let's begin making the RSVP list to see how we can manage the amount of Hail Satan labels/stickers/nametags:
    toby
    cegr80
    Pellaz

Now I need to talk my PPUSA boat-friends into having THAT group photo at a different time. :D
    2025 Wishlist:
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Thu Dec 05, 2019 5:47 pm

Pellaz wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:58 pm
    cegr80 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:50 pm
    toby
    cegr80
    Pellaz

Now I need to talk my PPUSA boat-friends into having THAT group photo at a different time. :D
    Count me in!
    Survivor

WishList
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:47 pm

toby
    cegr80
    Pellaz
    slayergeek
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:48 pm

Pellaz wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:58 pmNow I need to talk my PPUSA boat-friends into having THAT group photo at a different time. :D
    This year it worked. Wasn't the PPUSA pic at 3:45pm-4:00pm?
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:03 pm

cegr80 wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:48 pm
    Pellaz wrote: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:58 pmNow I need to talk my PPUSA boat-friends into having THAT group photo at a different time. :D
    This year it worked. Wasn't the PPUSA pic at 3:45pm-4:00pm?
    I think so. It was on the helipad at the very front of the ship. Unfortunately, very far from the back. :twisted:

I believe Alexander T. is the planner for it; I'll send him a FB message about it.
    2025 Wishlist:
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:43 am

I'm on the fence about doing this for a few reasons. It's my first time, so I wanna explore everything. and the other is I know my wife doesn't give a shit about you people, and won't want to waste time doing this, lol.
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:45 am

I'm on the fence about doing this for a few reasons. It's my first time, so I wanna explore everything. and the other is I know my wife doesn't give a shit about you people, and won't want to waste time doing this, lol.
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:58 am

cholernik wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:45 am I'm on the fence about doing this for a few reasons. It's my first time, so I wanna explore everything. and the other is I know my wife doesn't give a shit about you people, and won't want to waste time doing this, lol.

Dude , you can cut loose from the ball and chain for a few minutes LOL !!!!!!!!!!
    I would like to meet up with you for at least a few minutes to just chat a little.
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:09 am

metalforever wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:58 am
    cholernik wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:45 am I'm on the fence about doing this for a few reasons. It's my first time, so I wanna explore everything. and the other is I know my wife doesn't give a shit about you people, and won't want to waste time doing this, lol.

Dude , you can cut loose from the ball and chain for a few minutes LOL !!!!!!!!!!
    I would like to meet up with you for at least a few minutes to just chat a little.
    eh there's no ball and chain in our relationship, we're friends. and she's my only friend so yeah. i'm sure you'll meet me. i'll be the one in a black band shirt :lol:
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Fri Dec 06, 2019 12:03 pm

cholernik wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 11:09 am
    metalforever wrote: Fri Dec 06, 2019 9:58 am

eh there's no ball and chain in our relationship, we're friends. and she's my only friend so yeah. i'm sure you'll meet me. i'll be the one in a black band shirt :lol:
    If this is your first year, you should come check out the Viking Crown anyway. It's a great observation and hang out place that is quiet and isolated from the rest of the ship. Also Andy keeps his offices in a room off the lounge. It was even better on the Majesty, because you got a view of the main pool stage, even if the sound was majorly muffled. On the Freedom class ships though it's view of the stage is obscured by the kids water park area, but still cool place to know about and check out.
    Survivor

WishList
Post Reply 97 posts