Post Reply 31 posts Page 1 of 1
How's the merch situation?
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

How's the merch situation?

by Jotunheimr » Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:02 pm

I haven't been on the cruise since 2016. On both 2015 and 2016 the merch situation was horrendous. Have they changed anything since then? Can you offer any tips on when to start lining up?
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

Re: How's the merch situation?

by Pellaz » Fri Nov 01, 2019 5:10 pm

Jotunheimr wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:02 pm I haven't been on the cruise since 2016. On both 2015 and 2016 the merch situation was horrendous. Have they changed anything since then? Can you offer any tips on when to start lining up?
    They will likely use the same numbered ticket system as last year and the year before. It's an improvement, but there are still lots of complaints.
    They should have photos posted of the band merch running on the in-room TV channel that will help a little as far as choosing in advance. They did this last year.

The "70,000 Tons of Merch Complaints" group on FB is a great resource, as the merch mavens will be posting info there SOOOOOON as far as which bands will be bringing merch, which are boat-exclusives, etc.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:23 pm

2020 is my return cruise since 2015.
    In 2012,2013,2014 and 2015, the merch lines seemed to get worse each year and longer.
    I made new friends lining up in those merch lines, so that's at least one positive spin on it.
    But it was horrendous, to line up at 6am, after 3hr sleep, no energy, no patience. No Weet-Bix (best breakfast cereal on Earth!)
    To reach the end of the line and only 2 staffers running up/down the merch wall and sailors
    making tough decisions.
    I am glad to see at least some improvements have been made with a ticket system thingy and
    having shirts visible on our TVs in our cabins etc.
    It could be better though.
    I found it not so bad, going to the merch many hours later instead and the lines are down to a few people.
    And still managed to get 2 or 3 out of 5 band shirts I wanted (basically).
    Even when lining up for hours I still missed out on certain shirts anyway!

I don't have all the solutions though.

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:25 pm

Cardest wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 6:23 pm I don't have all the solutions though.
    I think we've established over on FB that there are NO easy solutions. The current method has its flaws (not enough places to see the "current" ticket number, disallowing entry sometimes when your number has passed by), but it's a lot better IMO than before and it's just about the best we could hope for, given all the unavoidable restrictions and barriers in the way.

Robin Mazen and Lindsey Turnbullet have been the merch staffers on FB that have been really informative and helpful. It's a thankless job and they really try to do the best they can.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:30 pm

Where do you go to take a number?
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:41 pm

Jotunheimr wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:30 pm Where do you go to take a number?
    The entrance to the dining room on the 5th (Promenade) floor, if it's like all the years I've been on.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:39 pm

Phoenix wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:41 pm
    Jotunheimr wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:30 pm Where do you go to take a number?
    The entrance to the dining room on the 5th (Promenade) floor, if it's like all the years I've been on.
    Yep, that's where it should be unless things have been radically changed. It's also where the line will form for people to get those "early" numbers...not sure when that starts. 6 AM or so on the second day?
    2025 Wishlist:
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:58 pm

Pellaz wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:25 pm
    I think we've established over on FB that there are NO easy solutions. The current method has its flaws (not enough places to see the "current" ticket number, disallowing entry sometimes when your number has passed by), but it's a lot better IMO than before and it's just about the best we could hope for, given all the unavoidable restrictions and barriers in the way.

Robin Mazen and Lindsey Turnbullet have been the merch staffers on FB that have been really informative and helpful. It's a thankless job and they really try to do the best they can.
    Do we know why they don't have more staff running merch? That seems like the obvious low-hanging fruit here in terms of merch improvements, and I can imagine that a lot of people in the metal scene would be happy to work a few shifts on merch in exchange for a discount on their cabins.
    Seventh.Wonder/Theocracy/The.Night.Flight.Orchestra/Draconian/My.Dying.Bride/Primordial/Turisas/Katatonia/Swallow.the.Sun/Eluveitie/Seven.Spires/Tyr/Soilwork/Helloween/Countless.Skies/Anaal.Nathrakh/Frozen.Crown/Sonata.Arctica/Powerwolf/Blind.Guardian/Avantasia/Within.Temptation/Aephanemer/Serenity/Saturnus/Moonspell/Scardust/The.Halo.Effect/Sabaton/Noumena/Sojourner/Dragony/Omnium.Gatherum/Soen/Paradise.Lost/Shape.of.Despair/Hamferd/Aether.Realm/Brothers.of.Metal/Dawn.of.Solace/Tribulation/Twilight.Force/Be'lakor/Wilderun/Beast.in.Black/Ensiferum/Serenity.in.Murder/Dimmu.Borgir/Amon.Amarth/Visigoth/Satyricon/Cradle.of.Filth/Unleash.the.Archers/Moonsorrow/Epica
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

by slayergeek » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:07 pm

Danny24601 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:58 pm
    Pellaz wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 1:25 pm

Do we know why they don't have more staff running merch? That seems like the obvious low-hanging fruit here in terms of merch improvements, and I can imagine that a lot of people in the metal scene would be happy to work a few shifts on merch in exchange for a discount on their cabins.
    I've heard from the merch people you can only have so many people in the work area before they start getting in each others way and hit diminishing returns.

I think that unless Andy decides to relax his restrictions that prevent boat merchandise from being marketed in ways none-survivors could take advantage of, or other major changes to the confines they are operating under happen, we will only get minor changes to the current procedures.
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:43 pm

slayergeek wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:07 pm
    Danny24601 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:58 pm Do we know why they don't have more staff running merch? That seems like the obvious low-hanging fruit here in terms of merch improvements, and I can imagine that a lot of people in the metal scene would be happy to work a few shifts on merch in exchange for a discount on their cabins.
    I've heard from the merch people you can only have so many people in the work area before they start getting in each others way and hit diminishing returns.
    They had 5 or 6 "personal shoppers" running back and forth last year, and I can totally see where more people would just be running into eachother.
    I think that unless Andy decides to relax his restrictions that prevent boat merchandise from being marketed in ways none-survivors could take advantage of, or other major changes to the confines they are operating under happen, we will only get minor changes to the current procedures.
    Concur. The requirement that all merch sales be processed through Royal, the inability to do preorders for that reason (and others, including liability), and other restrictions make it a real challenge.
    I give them a lot of credit for installing the numbered ticket system, which had to have cost them some money and was basically fan-service "just for us." It's far from perfect, but about the best we can hope for.
    2025 Wishlist:
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:49 pm

Pellaz wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:43 pm
    slayergeek wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:07 pm
    Danny24601 wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:58 pm Do we know why they don't have more staff running merch? That seems like the obvious low-hanging fruit here in terms of merch improvements, and I can imagine that a lot of people in the metal scene would be happy to work a few shifts on merch in exchange for a discount on their cabins.
    They had 5 or 6 "personal shoppers" running back and forth last year, and I can totally see where more people would just be running into eachother.
    That makes sense, last time I was there (2017) I recall them only having 2 people running it at the time, 5-6 is about as much as you can reasonably do.
    Seventh.Wonder/Theocracy/The.Night.Flight.Orchestra/Draconian/My.Dying.Bride/Primordial/Turisas/Katatonia/Swallow.the.Sun/Eluveitie/Seven.Spires/Tyr/Soilwork/Helloween/Countless.Skies/Anaal.Nathrakh/Frozen.Crown/Sonata.Arctica/Powerwolf/Blind.Guardian/Avantasia/Within.Temptation/Aephanemer/Serenity/Saturnus/Moonspell/Scardust/The.Halo.Effect/Sabaton/Noumena/Sojourner/Dragony/Omnium.Gatherum/Soen/Paradise.Lost/Shape.of.Despair/Hamferd/Aether.Realm/Brothers.of.Metal/Dawn.of.Solace/Tribulation/Twilight.Force/Be'lakor/Wilderun/Beast.in.Black/Ensiferum/Serenity.in.Murder/Dimmu.Borgir/Amon.Amarth/Visigoth/Satyricon/Cradle.of.Filth/Unleash.the.Archers/Moonsorrow/Epica
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:51 pm

Thanks for the info, guys! Do people still bring pizza and booze to Robin and her overworked crew?
    2025:

Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:26 am

Jotunheimr wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:51 pm Thanks for the info, guys! Do people still bring pizza and booze to Robin and her overworked crew?
    Sorrento's Pizza? We're trying to HELP them, not kill them! :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:39 am

Pellaz wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 2:26 am
    Jotunheimr wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:51 pm Thanks for the info, guys! Do people still bring pizza and booze to Robin and her overworked crew?
    Sorrento's Pizza? We're trying to HELP them, not kill them! :lol:
    Indeed! We want them running for merch, not running to the bathroom!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • rocking apple
    Crewman

by rocking apple » Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:27 am

The Merch - Situation in Cozumel could be difficult...

https://www.cruisetimetables.com/visiti ... n2020.html

:roll:
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:09 am

rocking apple wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:27 am The Merch - Situation in Cozumel could be difficult...

Not for shipboard (festival and band) merch, but yeah, 8 ships in port that day. Anywhere we go will be pretty crowded. :|

Aside from Brilliance, I think all those ships are pretty big and pretty new, too. :evil:
    2025 Wishlist:
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:21 am

how does this ticket thing work? Like at the DMV? Head somewhere and pick a number, then wait for your number?
    2020: Survivor
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:16 pm

Pellaz wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:09 am
    rocking apple wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 5:27 am The Merch - Situation in Cozumel could be difficult...

Not for shipboard (festival and band) merch, but yeah, 8 ships in port that day. Anywhere we go will be pretty crowded. :|

Aside from Brilliance, I think all those ships are pretty big and pretty new, too. :evil:
    Plenty of targets for a "Your boat sucks!" chant.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:43 pm

Sgt. B wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 12:16 pm
    Pellaz wrote: Tue Nov 05, 2019 11:09 am Not for shipboard (festival and band) merch, but yeah, 8 ships in port that day. Anywhere we go will be pretty crowded. :|

Plenty of targets for a "Your boat sucks!" chant.
    Maybe we'd better not. They'd outnumber us 8-to-1 and would be armed with shuffleboard implements. :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:22 am

Did the quality of the pizza drop over time? I really liked it in 2016.
    2025:

Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:28 am

Jotunheimr wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:22 am Did the quality of the pizza drop over time? I really liked it in 2016.
    We joke about the pizza being terrible -- and it isn't particularly good -- but it's probably about the same as before. It's serviceable, and actually "good" at 4 am when nothing else is open and you're three sheets to the wind. (I will attest that Carnival's 24-hour pizza is much better.)
    2025 Wishlist:
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:41 am

There is no 70K without Sorrento’s pizza for me, and vice-versa.
    But now that the Winjammer is open until 3am, I have to admit, I favor the hot dogs and fries.
    70000 Tons of Metal: come for the bands, return for the food.
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Wed Nov 06, 2019 6:07 am

Pellaz wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:28 am
    Jotunheimr wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 12:22 am Did the quality of the pizza drop over time? I really liked it in 2016.
    We joke about the pizza being terrible -- and it isn't particularly good -- but it's probably about the same as before. It's serviceable, and actually "good" at 4 am when nothing else is open and you're three sheets to the wind. (I will attest that Carnival's 24-hour pizza is much better.)
    side note: everything is amazing when you're three sheets to the wind, and I'm pretty sure nothing contains calories
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Nov 06, 2019 11:38 am

Godflesh wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 1:41 am But now that the Winjammer is open until 3am, I have to admit, I favor the hot dogs and fries.
    Just not the hamburgers. Please GOD, not the hamburgers. :lol:
    70000 Tons of Metal: come for the bands, return for the food.
    Ehhh. I'd trade the free ("included") food options on Royal for those on Carnival any day of the week and twice on Sundays.... I wouldn't book a Royal cruise for the food (except maybe on an Oasis-class), but it's been a factor when booking my "normal" cruises on Carnival. Mongolian Wok, Guy's Burger Joint, Blue Iguana Cantina, Captain's Pasta Bar, Jiji's Asian stir-fry...all free for lunch, on various ships. :twisted:

But meanwhile, about that band-merch... :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:10 pm

It's far better than it was on Majesty. On our current ship it's passable but nothing to get too excited about. I just hope the crew carries around random trays of food on the nighttime pool deck again.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Nov 07, 2019 3:55 pm

mooyagi wrote: Wed Nov 06, 2019 5:10 pm
    It's far better than it was on Majesty. On our current ship it's passable but nothing to get too excited about. I just hope the crew carries around random trays of food on the nighttime pool deck again.
    Oh, yeah, I remember seeing that once. That was cool and unexpected.
    2025 Wishlist:
    jeyrow
    Petty Officer

by jeyrow » Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:49 am

Jotunheimr wrote: Fri Nov 01, 2019 4:02 pm I haven't been on the cruise since 2016. On both 2015 and 2016 the merch situation was horrendous. Have they changed anything since then? Can you offer any tips on when to start lining up?
    Any information about the Merch?
    70000Tons - 2015 - 7307
    70000Tons - 2016 - 7531
    70000Tons - 2017 - 6231
    70000Tons - 2018 - No
    70000Tons - 2019 - 6131
    70000Tons - 2020 - No
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:11 pm

jeyrow wrote: Mon Dec 30, 2019 11:49 am
    As far as I know, it's the same numbered ticketing system as last year. Far from perfect but IMHO a huge improvement over the previous years.

Robin Mazen, who heads up the merch operation for 70K, indicated she would be posting advance intel as to which bands will have merch and what types (CDs, t-shirts, boat-specific shirts etc.) in the "70,000 Tons of Merch Complaints" Facebook group SOOOOOOON.
    2025 Wishlist:
    jeyrow
    Petty Officer

by jeyrow » Mon Dec 30, 2019 12:13 pm

[/quote]
    [/quote]

As far as I know, it's the same numbered ticketing system as last year. Far from perfect but IMHO a huge improvement over the previous years.

Robin Mazen, who heads up the merch operation for 70K, indicated she would be posting advance intel as to which bands will have merch and what types (CDs, t-shirts, boat-specific shirts etc.) in the "70,000 Tons of Merch Complaints" Facebook group SOOOOOOON.
    [/quote]

Thanks Bro!!!
    70000Tons - 2015 - 7307
    70000Tons - 2016 - 7531
    70000Tons - 2017 - 6231
    70000Tons - 2018 - No
    70000Tons - 2019 - 6131
    70000Tons - 2020 - No
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Sat Jan 04, 2020 2:55 pm

Kampfar posted a picture of their boat shirt design. Now this is something worth waiting in line for.

2025:

Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sat Jan 04, 2020 8:10 pm

Robin has now posted a list of merch that bands are bringing. Not all data is in yet, but most of it seems to be.
    There's a post in the "main" 70K FB group and I'm assuming she has posted it in the "Merch Complaints" group as well.
    2025 Wishlist:
Post Reply 31 posts Page 1 of 1