Post Reply 2037 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2020 Megathread
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: No Icebergs In The Caribbean

by Gratch » Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:49 pm

Downvod wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:43 pm
    PotatoPotahto wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:18 am
    Andy wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:04 am Kick off next year with THE AGONIST and 59 other world class Artists for the ultimate Heavy Metal festival experience onbroad 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

You don't want to be at home, "I"nconsolable, knowing that you won't be a part of Round X... secure your spot onbroad right away!

Man, I haven't listened to these guys since before Alyssa left them... any advice on where to start with their new vocalist?
    My advice is, don’t. They are pretty bad imo.
    Not much better live either. Saw them open for Fleshgod Apocalypse and they were awful
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
  • Cimmerian
    Crewman

by Cimmerian » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:37 pm

I for

Iced Earth
    Ihsahn
    Immortal
    Incantation
    Inferi
    In Flames, 20 year anniversary of Clayman?
    Ingested
    Insomnium
    Last edited by Cimmerian on Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    2020.Wishlist:1349-Abbath-Abigail.Williams-Adorned.Brood-Aether.Realm-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-And.Hell.Followed.With-Angelmaker-Antropomorphia-Any.Fabio.Lione/Turilli.band-Archspire-At.The.Gates-Aversions.Crown-Behemoth-Belphegor-Black.Crown.Initiate-Blind.Guardian-Borknagar-Cannibal.Corpse-Carach.Angren-Carnifex-Carpathian.Forest-Cattle.Decapatation-Celtachor-Children.of.Bodom-Cloak-Cradle.of.Filth-Cruachan—Demons.and.Wizards-Depths.of.Hatred-Dimmu.Borgir-Disentomb-Dragonland-Drudkh-Dying.Fetus-Emperor-Enslaved-Enterprise.Earth-Ereb.Altor-Fit.For.An.Autopsy-Goatwhore-Hate-Heathen.Foray-Iced.Earth-Incantation-Ingested-Kampfar-King.of.Asgard-Lorna.Shore-Manegarm-Marduk-Mgla-Moonsorrow-Phil.Anselmo.And.The.Illegals-Rivers.of.Nihil-Satyricon-Scour-Shadow.of.Intent-Signs.of.the.Swarm-Suffocation-Swashbuckle-The.Faceless-Thyrfing-Tsjuder-Uada-Unleashed-Vale.of.Pnath-Valhalore-Varg-Visceral.Disgorge-Vitriol-Vreid-Vulvodynia-Watain-Winterfylethal-Wintersun-Wolfchant-Wolves.In.The.Throne.Room-Wormwitch

2019: Survivor
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:42 pm

DudeBro wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:33 am
    Jotunheimr wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:27 am Looks like Iced Earth based on the iceberg clue.
    "No Ice" hmmm
    I’ll settle for slightly chilly, partially frozen Earth (thanks, global warming) featuring Stu IceBlock.
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
  • LoudStonedDrunk
    Oiler

by LoudStonedDrunk » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:18 pm

Weve had some weak announcements for a minute hopefully the good stuff picks up again.

Immortal
    Irreversible mechanism
    Inferi
    Ignu
    Internal bleeding were amazing in 2018 at the ice rink.
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Sat Nov 09, 2019 3:21 pm

Please let the I be INSOMNIUM :shred: !!!!!!!!!!!!
    I will have my first 2 set band to see for this cruise if it is INSOMNIUM :death:
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sat Nov 09, 2019 4:59 pm

The Agonist. Meh.

I is for... Ihsahn, I suspect, and that'd be fantastic.

I think Insomnium have been ruled out :cry: , but Iced Earth, Inferi, or (unlikely) Immortal would be good.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:08 pm

Maybe the Agonist can play The Anchor and the Sail in their set on broad!

I think I saw them in one of my trips to Montreal in 2006ish or 2007...were they the band that opened for Therion that night?
    Been a while. I gotta check my diaries.
    Forgot they even existed anymore basically.
    I'll check them out for at least a couple songs out of massive bouts of curiosity.
    But it's not really my sorta thing.

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:25 pm

Gratch wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:49 pm
    Downvod wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:43 pm
    PotatoPotahto wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:18 am

Man, I haven't listened to these guys since before Alyssa left them... any advice on where to start with their new vocalist?
    My advice is, don’t. They are pretty bad imo.
    Not much better live either. Saw them open for Fleshgod Apocalypse and they were awful
    Same here, that’s pretty much what I was basing my opinion on.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:27 pm

Cimmerian wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:37 pm I for

Iced Earth
    Ihsahn
    Immortal
    Incantation
    Inferi
    Ingested
    Insomnium
    A Clayman set? As much as I still have great, great love for that album... that version of the band no longer exists. Even when they do play songs from that era now, they are cringeworthy.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
  • Cimmerian
    Crewman

by Cimmerian » Sat Nov 09, 2019 6:35 pm

Downvod wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 5:27 pm
    Cimmerian wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:37 pm I for

Iced Earth
    Ihsahn
    Immortal
    Incantation
    Inferi
    Ingested
    Insomnium
    A Clayman set? As much as I still have great, great love for that album... that version of the band no longer exists. Even when they do play songs from that era now, they are cringeworthy.
    Haha yeah I know I just would hope if they were to pick them as the I band that it would be better to have old songs played over newer stuff
    2020.Wishlist:1349-Abbath-Abigail.Williams-Adorned.Brood-Aether.Realm-Alestorm-Amon.Amarth-And.Hell.Followed.With-Angelmaker-Antropomorphia-Any.Fabio.Lione/Turilli.band-Archspire-At.The.Gates-Aversions.Crown-Behemoth-Belphegor-Black.Crown.Initiate-Blind.Guardian-Borknagar-Cannibal.Corpse-Carach.Angren-Carnifex-Carpathian.Forest-Cattle.Decapatation-Celtachor-Children.of.Bodom-Cloak-Cradle.of.Filth-Cruachan—Demons.and.Wizards-Depths.of.Hatred-Dimmu.Borgir-Disentomb-Dragonland-Drudkh-Dying.Fetus-Emperor-Enslaved-Enterprise.Earth-Ereb.Altor-Fit.For.An.Autopsy-Goatwhore-Hate-Heathen.Foray-Iced.Earth-Incantation-Ingested-Kampfar-King.of.Asgard-Lorna.Shore-Manegarm-Marduk-Mgla-Moonsorrow-Phil.Anselmo.And.The.Illegals-Rivers.of.Nihil-Satyricon-Scour-Shadow.of.Intent-Signs.of.the.Swarm-Suffocation-Swashbuckle-The.Faceless-Thyrfing-Tsjuder-Uada-Unleashed-Vale.of.Pnath-Valhalore-Varg-Visceral.Disgorge-Vitriol-Vreid-Vulvodynia-Watain-Winterfylethal-Wintersun-Wolfchant-Wolves.In.The.Throne.Room-Wormwitch

2019: Survivor
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:58 pm

So, at this rate the bands are coming in, we are currently 58 days to go and 25 bands in.
    In 8 days time, 50 days to go, do you all think we'll be 30 bands in?
    Half way there.
    Slow going.
    Snail pace at the moment.
    How many bands (on 9 other cruises) were we at with 58 days to go?
    Love to see the stats on that!

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:07 am

Also with the band guessing game, how many of us have predicted the Letter bands?
    We have a Rank Bank.
    We had a Guess the First Announcement game.
    How about the who's predicted the most bands so far game?

'I' could be...Iced Earth
    Immortal
    Incantation
    Immolation

But there's been a few surprises!

Soen and Archon Angel threw me right off the scent and Devin too.

'I' - wonder if there'll be a complete 'I' surprise.

Iggorr (France)
    Impiety (Singapore)
    In Extremo (again haha)
    Ihsahn (Norge)
    ....IN THE WOODS (Norge) Far out! Would blow my mind!!!!
    Inverloch (Australia)
    Izegrim (again)
    Impaled Nazarene (Suomi)

Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:17 am

Impellitteri would get my attention...

1914-/-Alkaloid-/-Annihilator-/-Be'lakor-/-Cage-/-Civil War-/-Deus mortem-/-Eternity's End-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Ghoul-/-Glyph-/-Grai-/-Grimner-/-Hellripper-/-Helloween-/-Igorrr-/-Iron Griffin-/-Jack Starr's Burning Starr-/-Kanonenfieber-/-Krux-/-Lör-/-Madder mortem-/-Mephorash-/-Metalian-/-Narzissus-/-Nocturnal Rites-/-Old Season-/-Paladin-/-Qantice-/-Riot V-/-Riot City-/-Sulphur Aeon-/-Stormkeep-/-Tad morose-/-Tankard-/-Tower-/-Ungfell-/-Vhaldemar-/-Walg-/-XIV Dark Centuries-/-Yoth iria
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:06 am

Ravenlord wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:17 am Impellitteri would get my attention...
    SO MUCH THIS!!

But, another Christian band, so a big nope from Andy I'm guessing :cry:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:09 am

Cardest wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:58 pm How many bands (on 9 other cruises) were we at with 58 days to go?
    Love to see the stats on that!
    Did I see the Stat-signal?

2011 - knew 35 of 42 bands
    2012 - knew 28 of 42
    2013 - knew 25 of 41
    2014 - knew only 17 of 41
    **Sixty band lineups**
    2015 - knew 32 of 61
    2016 - knew 40 of 60
    2017 - knew 39 of 62
    2018 - knew 45 of 61
    2019 - knew 38 of 60
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:36 am

Jotunheimr wrote: Sat Nov 09, 2019 11:27 am Looks like Iced Earth based on the iceberg clue.
    The thread title always refers to the band being announced.
    I looked but failed to see a connection between icebergs and THE ANONIST, must be an obscure reference to one of their songs or albums.
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:16 am

Godflesh wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:36 am
    I looked but failed to see a connection between icebergs and THE ANONIST, must be an obscure reference to one of their songs or albums.
    mmm...Sepultura have the song 'Iceberg dances'.
    But this bands starts with an 'I'
    SLEEP (doom band) have that song 'Antarctician's thawed' and mention icebergs in that one.
    But not an I band.
    Ice-T has the song "The Iceberg' and, unless Ice T is doing a Body Count thing on the boat....Ice-T and Body Count...
    oh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT? haha Are we onto something here?

IMMORTAL have the song 'Antarctica' and mention icebergs in that track!
    Ohhhhhh There's the answer!!!!!!!!!

• clegane
    Petty Officer

by clegane » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:13 am

Horrible choice of bands yet. Just a few exceptions...!
    Hope it gets better soon..!

Infernal Majesty
    Incantation

Come on Andy, give us some Old School Thrash and Death Bands!!!!
    Wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Infernal Majesty, Meliah Rage,Toranaga, Evildead, Triptykon, Brutality, Massacre, Dismember, Flotsam a Jetsam, Protector, Razor, Helstar, Omen, Running Wild, Vltimas, Lik, Sorcery (SWE), Attacker

Survivor:
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:50 am

I’m guessing it’s because they’re Canadian
    2020: Survivor
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 10:16 am

cholernik wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:50 amI’m guessing it’s because they’re Canadian
    They also have a song on their latest album called So Cold. Yup, I was so intrigued by the title I actually looked on Wikipedia. I was bored
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Sun Nov 10, 2019 12:12 pm

You’re right. I couldn’t find anything either.
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

And We Shall Walk In Sunny Places

by Andy » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:03 pm

There's no better place to watch IHSAHN than onbroad Round X of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

"A"re you prepared to have the time of your life starting on January 7th next year?

mooyagi
    Captain

Re: And We Shall Walk In Sunny Places

by mooyagi » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:05 pm

Fuck yeah! :headbanger:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:27 pm

Well duh. Now what, Alestorm?
    2020: Survivor
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:36 pm

Predictable? Yeah, kinda.

BUT ALSO INCREDIBLY EXCITING!!!! While Emperor are legends, I honestly spend much more time listening to his solo stuff, so I'm really glad to see this, no doubt.

Allegaeon or Archspire next?
    Seventh.Wonder/Theocracy/The.Night.Flight.Orchestra/Draconian/My.Dying.Bride/Primordial/Turisas/Katatonia/Swallow.the.Sun/Eluveitie/Seven.Spires/Tyr/Soilwork/Helloween/Countless.Skies/Anaal.Nathrakh/Frozen.Crown/Sonata.Arctica/Powerwolf/Blind.Guardian/Avantasia/Within.Temptation/Aephanemer/Serenity/Saturnus/Moonspell/Scardust/The.Halo.Effect/Sabaton/Noumena/Sojourner/Dragony/Omnium.Gatherum/Soen/Paradise.Lost/Shape.of.Despair/Hamferd/Aether.Realm/Brothers.of.Metal/Dawn.of.Solace/Tribulation/Twilight.Force/Be'lakor/Wilderun/Beast.in.Black/Ensiferum/Serenity.in.Murder/Dimmu.Borgir/Amon.Amarth/Visigoth/Satyricon/Cradle.of.Filth/Unleash.the.Archers/Moonsorrow/Epica
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:38 pm

That was a no-brainer, but still very cool. I really like his solo stuff.

Still holding out hope for either Aeternam, Abbath, or Atlas Pain for the next one.

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 3:00 pm

Statsman getting depressed. Statsson even more so :(

Amaranthe, Avantasia, Ancient Bards, or Atlas Pain would help.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:02 pm

Absu!

Arcturus!

Acid Witch!

Abbath!

Angelcorpse!

Atlantean Codex!

Autopsy!

Fuckin' A!

• Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:27 pm

Is Ihsahn pronounced ICE-sawn? Otherwise I can’t find a connection to the clue.

EDIT: Never mind. They have a song called Frozen Lakes on Mars.
    2025:

Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:41 pm

I always thought it was EE-sawn, but I could be wrong.

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:01 pm

Gratch wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:41 pm I always thought it was EE-sawn, but I could be wrong.
    I think he answers to "ee-shawn."

Looking forward to seeing him twice in one year, now.
    It's possible -- though unlikely -- that the announcement had to wait until ProgPower USA sold out, which it did a few days ago.

Abbath? Aeternam? Allegaeon? Alestorm? Amorphis? (ruled out, maybe)

Amon Amarth? :mrgreen:

Ayreon? :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:51 pm

IHSAHN has a song called "And He Shall Walk In Empty Places" on his first record.
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:31 pm

Another big zero. And I remember when I was worried about having too much to watch. :lol:
    Any guesses for ‘A’? If we’re following the 2015/2017 trend, possibilities are Alestorm, Annihilator, Amorphis, Avatarium, Amaranthe, Allegaeon, Axxis, and Artillery. Less likely but still possible are Apocalyptica (possible but I think all headliner spots have been filled), Angra (not many power metal 3-peats at this point), and Arch Enemy (not sure if having the Agonist rules them out). And if we have new blood? Asphyx, Alcest, Avantasia (not too likely but hey, you never know), Autopsy, Abbath. And if they decide to break the no-repeats-from-the-previous-year rule, I would not object to Arkona.
    Last edited by Jotunheimr on Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    2025:

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:40 pm

Jotunheimr wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:31 pm Another big zero. And I remember when I was worried about having too much to watch. :lol:
    Any guesses for ‘A’? If we’re following the 2015/2017 trend, possibilities are Alestorm, Annihilator, Amorphis, Avatarium, Amaranthe, Allegaeon, Axxis, and Artillery. Less likely but still possible are Apocalyptica (possible but I think all headliner spots have been filled), Angra (not many power metal 3-peats at this point), and Arch Enemy (not sure if having the Agonist rules them out. And if we have new blood? Asphyx, Alcest, Avantasia (not too likely but hey, you never know), Autopsy, Abbath. And if they decide to break the no-repeats-from-the-previous-year rule, I would not object to Arkona.
    I'm gonna be spending a lot of time trying to keep my son entertained outside of music this time around. 2019 he had Eluveitie, Gloryhammer, VoA, Twilight Force, Van Canto, Dragony, Kamelot. So far 2020 has nothing for him.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:00 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:40 pm
    Jotunheimr wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:31 pm Another big zero. And I remember when I was worried about having too much to watch. :lol:
    Any guesses for ‘A’? If we’re following the 2015/2017 trend, possibilities are Alestorm, Annihilator, Amorphis, Avatarium, Amaranthe, Allegaeon, Axxis, and Artillery. Less likely but still possible are Apocalyptica (possible but I think all headliner spots have been filled), Angra (not many power metal 3-peats at this point), and Arch Enemy (not sure if having the Agonist rules them out. And if we have new blood? Asphyx, Alcest, Avantasia (not too likely but hey, you never know), Autopsy, Abbath. And if they decide to break the no-repeats-from-the-previous-year rule, I would not object to Arkona.
    I'm gonna be spending a lot of time trying to keep my son entertained outside of music this time around. 2019 he had Eluveitie, Gloryhammer, VoA, Twilight Force, Van Canto, Dragony, Kamelot. So far 2020 has nothing for him.
    Plenty of good stuff on this edition. He just needs less weenie in his life. :P
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:12 pm

It looks like a repeat of 2015 but even then, at least we had Blind Guardian. He definitely made up for a lack of power metal (and then some) when booking bands for 2016. It seems like the 2021 cruise is not something your son will want to miss.
    2025:

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:13 pm

mooyagi wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 8:00 pm
    Plenty of good stuff on this edition. He just needs less weenie in his life. :P
    NOPE. MOAR WEENIE. Listening to the most recent Kissin' Dynamite album for the first time and fucking love it, so gonna put him onto these guys :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:15 pm

Jotunheimr wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:12 pm
    It looks like a repeat of 2015 but even then, at least we had Blind Guardian. He definitely made up for a lack of power metal (and then some) when booking bands for 2016. It seems like the 2021 cruise is not something your son will want to miss.
    It would SUCK if it ends up like 2015 - that lineup was so out of balance.

I'm still hoping for a repeat of 2018. At least then we already had some early power with Sonata and Rhapsody, but then after a stream of death and melodeath we ended up getting Sabaton, Masterplan, Freedom Call and Battle Beast in quick succession.

But yeah you are right, at least in 2015 we had arguably THE biggest name in power metal.

This year there is absolutely nothing.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:33 pm

mooyagi wrote:Fuck yeah! :headbanger:
    :bangers: YES!!! Wishlist band!!! :bmhorns:

I'd like Allegaeon, Alestorm or Amorphis for the A, please. But I'm not greedy, so I'd also accept any band that would make our Statsman and his son happy :beerwink:
    Voyager-Vuur-GrandMagus-Myrath-Borknagar-NovembersDoom-Aeternam-Havok-TheHaloEffect-Moonspell-SepticFlesh-Sigh-BarrenEarth-Iotunn-ScarSymmetry-Nekrogoblikon
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:51 pm

Daenerys wrote: Sun Nov 10, 2019 9:33 pm
    mooyagi wrote:Fuck yeah! :headbanger:
    :bangers: YES!!! Wishlist band!!! :bmhorns:

I'd like Allegaeon, Alestorm or Amorphis for the A, please. But I'm not greedy, so I'd also accept any band that would make our Statsman and his son happy :beerwink:
    Awww thanks!

And if we got Powerwolf from your wishlist all three of us would be happy :D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
Post Reply 2037 posts