Post Reply 13 posts Page 1 of 1
2020 Band Recommendations
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

2020 Band Recommendations

by Jotunheimr » Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:20 am

Could someone recommend albums from Axxis, Soen, and Kissin' Dynamite to check out? Feel free to request other bands.
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: 2020 Band Recommendations

by cowboy71 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 1:48 am

Check out the ECSTASY album by Kissin' Dynamite.

I was unfamiliar with them other than their Powerwolf cover-song, but the Gifmaster recommended the above to me and now they are a guaranteed 2-setter :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:58 am

AXXIS - a little difficult. They started off as sort of a Scorpions-like hard rock band, but progressively became more Power Metal.

Of what I've heard (which isn't a lot) I really like the UTOPIA album.

Plus, the cover has a girl dressed in leather carrying a flaming whip, while riding a massive serpent on a wave, with a futuristic city encased in a glass dome in the background. How metal can you get? :D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:20 am

Jotunheimr wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 12:20 am Could someone recommend albums from Axxis, Soen, and Kissin' Dynamite to check out? Feel free to request other bands.
    For Soen, you should check out their newest, Lotus. I've fallen in love with it, spinning it daily since they were announced, and as it is their newest record it is likely what they will play the most on the boat.
    Seventh.Wonder/Theocracy/The.Night.Flight.Orchestra/Draconian/My.Dying.Bride/Primordial/Turisas/Katatonia/Swallow.the.Sun/Eluveitie/Seven.Spires/Tyr/Soilwork/Helloween/Countless.Skies/Anaal.Nathrakh/Frozen.Crown/Sonata.Arctica/Powerwolf/Blind.Guardian/Avantasia/Within.Temptation/Aephanemer/Serenity/Saturnus/Moonspell/Scardust/The.Halo.Effect/Sabaton/Noumena/Sojourner/Dragony/Omnium.Gatherum/Soen/Paradise.Lost/Shape.of.Despair/Hamferd/Aether.Realm/Brothers.of.Metal/Dawn.of.Solace/Tribulation/Twilight.Force/Be'lakor/Wilderun/Beast.in.Black/Ensiferum/Serenity.in.Murder/Dimmu.Borgir/Amon.Amarth/Visigoth/Satyricon/Cradle.of.Filth/Unleash.the.Archers/Moonsorrow/Epica
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:19 pm

Can someone recommend a Bloodbound album?
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:32 pm

Jotunheimr wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:19 pm Can someone recommend a Bloodbound album?
    HELLS YES. I STRONGLY recommend their latest album "Rise of the Dragon Empire". Power metal at its most over-the-top best :)

Their first two albums, Nosferatu and Book of the Dead, are also excellent but they had different lead singers back then.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:44 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:32 pm
    Jotunheimr wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 9:19 pm Can someone recommend a Bloodbound album?
    HELLS YES. I STRONGLY recommend their latest album "Rise of the Dragon Empire". Power metal at its most over-the-top best :)

Their first two albums, Nosferatu and Book of the Dead, are also excellent but they had different lead singers back then.
    Just checked our their live show on YouTube and was blown away. Really looking forward to seeing them no matter what songs they play.
    2025:

Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:27 pm

Jotunheimr wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:44 pm

Just checked our their live show on YouTube and was blown away. Really looking forward to seeing them no matter what songs they play.
    Funny, I saw Bloodbound at that same festival back in 2010 and it was quite a disappointing performance and the post-Urban Breed music at that time did nothing for me so I pretty much gave up on them. Just watched most of that show you posted and I'm really happy to see they are very much on form. I must go check out the latest release now.

Andy needs a lot more than this to get me booked, but it's a start.

1914-/-Alkaloid-/-Annihilator-/-Be'lakor-/-Cage-/-Civil War-/-Deus mortem-/-Eternity's End-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Ghoul-/-Glyph-/-Grai-/-Grimner-/-Hellripper-/-Helloween-/-Igorrr-/-Iron Griffin-/-Jack Starr's Burning Starr-/-Kanonenfieber-/-Krux-/-Lör-/-Madder mortem-/-Mephorash-/-Metalian-/-Narzissus-/-Nocturnal Rites-/-Old Season-/-Paladin-/-Qantice-/-Riot V-/-Riot City-/-Sulphur Aeon-/-Stormkeep-/-Tad morose-/-Tankard-/-Tower-/-Ungfell-/-Vhaldemar-/-Walg-/-XIV Dark Centuries-/-Yoth iria
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:38 pm

Ravenlord wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:27 pm
    Jotunheimr wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 10:44 pm

Funny, I saw Bloodbound at that same festival back in 2010 and it was quite a disappointing performance and the post-Urban Breed music at that time did nothing for me so I pretty much gave up on them. Just watched most of that show you posted and I'm really happy to see they are very much on form. I must go check out the latest release now.

Andy needs a lot more than this to get me booked, but it's a start.
    Which festival?
    2025:

Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Fri Nov 15, 2019 12:15 am

Jotunheimr wrote: Thu Nov 14, 2019 11:38 pm Which festival?
    Masters Of Rock in Czech Republic

1914-/-Alkaloid-/-Annihilator-/-Be'lakor-/-Cage-/-Civil War-/-Deus mortem-/-Eternity's End-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Ghoul-/-Glyph-/-Grai-/-Grimner-/-Hellripper-/-Helloween-/-Igorrr-/-Iron Griffin-/-Jack Starr's Burning Starr-/-Kanonenfieber-/-Krux-/-Lör-/-Madder mortem-/-Mephorash-/-Metalian-/-Narzissus-/-Nocturnal Rites-/-Old Season-/-Paladin-/-Qantice-/-Riot V-/-Riot City-/-Sulphur Aeon-/-Stormkeep-/-Tad morose-/-Tankard-/-Tower-/-Ungfell-/-Vhaldemar-/-Walg-/-XIV Dark Centuries-/-Yoth iria
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Tue Nov 19, 2019 5:55 pm

For each band announced that you may not know I recommend you to look for it on setlist.com, check their last setlist so that you can see which songs are they playing live lately.. Otherwise you may be disappointed if you start to like some specific songs or albums and they dont play them live on the cruise :bangers:
    Frozen Crown-Therion-Iced Earth-Dimmu Borgir-Stratovarius-Powerwolf-Nanowar of Steel-Alestorm-Wintersun-Lacuna Coil-Sabaton-Amaranthe-Dalriada-Kalmah-Skeletonwitch-Mago de Oz-LuciferianLightOrchestra-Scepticflesh
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:54 am

I usually just check out metal archives, listen to the latest release, and then check out the one(s) with the highest ratings. If I like what I hear I listen to the whole discography. If they aren't on metal archives, fuck em.
    2020: Survivor
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Wed Nov 20, 2019 8:25 am

In addition to metal archives I find Last FM to be a helpful resource , especially when certain bands are not listed on Metal Archives.
Post Reply 13 posts Page 1 of 1