Post Reply 220 posts
How Fast Will 2020 Sell Out?
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: How Fast Will 2020 Sell Out?

by cowboy71 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:28 am

Another minor update - 1L doubles gone, and 2B single female gone.

Type / Double / Triple / Quad / Quin/ SEX / Sept / Oct /
    Standard Interior 6V / 90 /
    Standard Interior 4V / 225 /
    Standard Interior 3V / ?? / 1 / 151 /
    Standard Interior 2V / 121 /
    Standard Interior 1V / ?? / ?? / 26 /
    Promenade View 2T / 168 /
    Spacious Interior 1R / -- / -- / ?? / ?? / 2 /
    Spacious Prome 1Q / -- / -- / ?? / ?? / 4 /
    --------------------------------------------------------
    Ocean View 8N / 47 / / /
    Ocean View 3N / ?? / ?? / 41 /
    Ocean View 2N / 69 /
    Ocean View 1N / ?? / ?? / 61** /
    Spacious Ocean 4M / 16 /
    Spacious Ocean 1M / ?? / ?? / 7 /
    Ultra Spacious 1K / -- / -- / ?? / ?? / 10 /
    Spacious Pano 1L / 6 / ?? / 33 /
    Standard Balcony 6D / 20 /
    Standard Balcony 5D / ?? / 22 /
    Standard Balcony 2D / 223 /
    Standard Balcony 1D / ?? / 64 / 7 /
    Spacious Balcony 4B / 237 /
    Spacious Balcony 3B / ?? / ?? / 74** /
    Spacious Balcony 2B / 64 /
    Spacious Balcony 1B / ?? / ?? / 14 /
    Pano Suite VP / -- / -- / ?? / ?? / 2 /
    Balcony Suite J4 / 56 /
    Balcony Suite J3 / ??** / ?? / 62 /
    Grand Suite GS / ?? / ?? / 24 /
    Grand Suite GT / -- / -- / ??? / ?? / ?? / ??? / 6 /
    Owner Suite OS / ?? / ?? / 6 /

Total Cabins, by my count: 1961
    Total Cabins, according to cruisedeckplans website: 1918
    Total Cabins in sold out categories: 1235
    **Previously sold out. Only 1 or 2 left.

Single Male still available
    Double - 4V, 2V, 2T, 2N, 2D, 4B, 2B
    Quad - 3N

Single Female still available
    Double - 4V, 2T, 2N, 2D, 4B
    Quad - 3V, 1V, 3N
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:29 am

cowboy71 wrote: Fri Nov 08, 2019 11:13 pm A quick comparison to previous cruises as people have asked about it:

2018 - SOLD OUT. Sept 23rd 2017. (Public Sales opened Sept 21).
    2019 - SOLD OUT. Oct 29th 2018. (Public Sales opened Oct 3).
    2020 - ????. (Public Sales opened Oct 26).
    So unless the SOLD OUT sign goes up tomorrow (highly unlikely), sales are officially slower than last year.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:56 am

Imagine that, people don't want to shell out a couple grand up front on something with only 60% of the bands announced with 48 days left.
    2020: Survivor
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:14 am

cholernik wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 5:56 am Imagine that, people don't want to shell out a couple grand up front on something with only 60% of the bands announced with 48 days left.
    The cruise selling out or not has pretty much nothing to do with bands being announced.
    Announcements are pretty much as fast as always.

But this cruise costs several thousands of Dollars. People need time to prepare for the trip (flights, hotels, etc) and most everyone wants to have their booking confirmation before committing to the rest.
    You could open booking with no bands announced in August and the cruise would easily sell out. It is a matter of time.
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:47 am

Amalu wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:14 am
    You could open booking with no bands announced in August and the cruise would easily sell out. It is a matter of time.
    I really doubt that. You'll get a lot of survivors, but not that many new people. With how slow sales are going now, with these bands announced I say again, I really doubt that.
    This thing seems to get the same folk and joke metal bands year after year. I haven't thought of half these bands in over 5 years, and I was surprised to see people even wanting some of these bands. Maybe I just outgrew the viking and battle gimmicky crap in my metal, but it seems to me that whole thing is dying. But it's strong on this cruise, and in this clique. I could be wrong, but it seems like none of those bands in that genre, outside of amon amarth, ever headline their own tours anymore.
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:49 am

cholernik wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:47 am I really doubt that. You'll get a lot of survivors, but not that many new people. With how slow sales are going now, with these bands announced I say again, I really doubt that.
    This thing seems to get the same folk and joke metal bands year after year. I haven't thought of half these bands in over 5 years, and I was surprised to see people even wanting some of these bands. Maybe I just outgrew the viking and battle gimmicky crap in my metal, but it seems to me that whole thing is dying. But it's strong on this cruise, and in this clique. I could be wrong, but it seems like none of those bands in that genre, outside of amon amarth, ever headline their own tours anymore.
    I feel like this is your first (or possibly second) year on this cruise? Because I've been four time and seen how the sheer reputation of this cruise proceeds itself. There will be people booking for a good time and less because of the bands, hands down. The bands will come - they always do, and people will be drawn to it. This year, because of the late start, newbies and survivors alike dropped out because of frustration, and because life happens and fund were no longer available.

Yes, the genres here are more representative of the client base, because of course they are. People who are on it for a good time don't mind Viking and folk metal, because those bands are fun to be in a pit for. And the thing is, lots of bands on 70k don't headline, because we love the obscure stuff that maybe doesn't get enough exposure. I think it's much more fun that way. Sadly yes, sometimes there's a lack of doom and black, usually the death and thrash flows freely for a time but this year has been a lot of last minute bookings.

Perhaps you may respond "but it shouldn't do that, people shouldn't be blind booking on faith" - I agree with you, but that doesn't stop anyone. Because you can have fun on the boat no matter how many bands you love. And for a lot of people that's good enough.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:57 am

cholernik wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 7:47 am
    I really doubt that. You'll get a lot of survivors, but not that many new people. With how slow sales are going now, with these bands announced I say again, I really doubt that.
    Booking you're room on broad 70k for the bands is a really stupid thing to do. If you're going to see this or that particular band and just for that, then there are are ways that would be a lot cheaper.
    Hey even if you would want the comfort and luxury of the 70k you could still book something like Metalhammer Paradise (which by the way sold out for 2020 without announcing a single (sic!) band!!) for a fraction of the price.
    Let's not even start talking about the larger festivals as Hellfest, Wacken and so on.

Enjoy you're first cruise for what it is. You will get to notice that people don't really care that much about bands. The boat-bands tend to be smaller, yes. They also tend to be somewhat repetitive, yes.
    At the end of the day it is still one hell of a ride that you won't have anywhere else.

As Phoenix is saying, it has a huge reputation. If people are given enough time to prepare between booking confirmation and sales date, the thing will sell out. With or without bands.
    Ethrivas
    Chief Petty Officer

by Ethrivas » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:18 pm

Well, for me, the lineup does matter. Of course it is not the only thing that matters, but still. Coming from overseas, spending like 7k+ USD and listening to majority of bands that i find not-so-interested is a no-go. I can frankly tell this because on my second year, i let silver bookings pass by and once Mors Principium Est and Fleshgod Apocalypse were added, i was dragged.
    Phoenix wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 9:49 am Yes, the genres here are more representative of the client base, because of course they are. People who are on it for a good time don't mind Viking and folk metal, because those bands are fun to be in a pit for. And the thing is, lots of bands on 70k don't headline, because we love the obscure stuff that maybe doesn't get enough exposure. I think it's much more fun that way. Sadly yes, sometimes there's a lack of doom and black, usually the death and thrash flows freely for a time but this year has been a lot of last minute bookings.
    I like the obscure bands they book (Aeternam, Allegaeon, Wolfheart, etc), usually less interested in super duper headliners. As long as they form the announcements in a balanced way genre and repetition-wise, it is cool.
    Wishlist 2025:1914-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aeternam-/-AETHERIAN-/-AGATHODAIMON-/-ALESTORM-/-ALLEGAEON-/-AMORPHIS-/-ANAAL.NATHRAKH-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Avatar-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-BLACKBRAID-/-BRYMIR-/-CLOAK-/-Cryptosis-/-Dååth-/-Dark.Oath-/-DESTINITY-/-DIMMU.BORGIR-/-Ensiferum-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Finntroll-/-Foretoken-/-Gaerea-/-GROZA-/-Hypocrisy-/-Ignea-/-IMMORTAL-/-In.Aphelion-/-Kalmah-/-Kanonenfieber-/-King.of.Asgard-/-KVAEN-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-MELECHESH-/-Mezarkabul(Pentagram)-/-MGŁA-/-MOONSHADE-/-MÖRK.GRYNING-/-NAILED.TO.OBSCURITY-/-Necrophobic-/-NETHERBIRD-/-Orbit.Culture-/-OUROBOROS-/-PERPETUAL.NIGHT-/-PSYCROPTIC-/-Rhapsody(Turilli-Lione)-/-SATYRICON-/-SHADE.EMPIRE-/-SHYLMAGOGHNAR-/-SODOMISERY-/-STORTREGN-/-Stratovarius-/-SYLOSIS-/-Testament-/-THE.COMMITTEE-/-THE.CROWN-/-THE.SEER-/-THE.SPIRIT-/-THULCANDRA-/-Tryglav-/-TRIBULATION-/-Trivium-/-Turisas-/-Ulfven-/-Unanimated-/-VREID-/-Warbringer-/-Whispered-/-Wintersun-/-WORMWITCH-/-WORMWOOD-/-Zornheym
    2018, 2019, 2020, 2024: Survivor
    2023: Skip year
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Thu Nov 21, 2019 1:53 pm

headliners got me here. of course, I do like smaller, obscure bands, but not in the power metal or viking genre. So it'll take a lot for me to be a repeat customer. However, I know what to expect on this cruise outside of music and I'm excited for it. So an overall great time can trump bands I don't give a shit about.
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:32 pm

I definitely 100% agree that the cruise is not sold out strictly because of the late rollout, not because of the band announcements/lack there of. There was easily enough people ready to book over the summer that this thing woulda sold out crazy fast.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:45 pm

Downvod wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:32 pm I definitely 100% agree that the cruise is not sold out strictly because of the late rollout, not because of the band announcements/lack there of. There was easily enough people ready to book over the summer that this thing woulda sold out crazy fast.
    Yep. As (un)official statistician I concur you are 100% correct :P

The anticipation after the 2019 edition of something big for Round #10 was huge. I have little doubt that if we had exactly the same bands announced now, in the same timeframe as now, BUT everything started 6 months ago.... it would have sold out in a week.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Nov 21, 2019 6:27 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:45 pm
    Downvod wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 5:32 pm I definitely 100% agree that the cruise is not sold out strictly because of the late rollout, not because of the band announcements/lack there of. There was easily enough people ready to book over the summer that this thing woulda sold out crazy fast.
    Yep. As (un)official statistician I concur you are 100% correct :P

The anticipation after the 2019 edition of something big for Round #10 was huge. I have little doubt that if we had exactly the same bands announced now, in the same timeframe as now, BUT everything started 6 months ago.... it would have sold out in a week.
    Absolutely. If announcements had started back in August with Emperor and Devy and the rest, this cruise would have been a FAST sellout. The people at UMC -- Andy, and whoever SHOULD have been designated as his proxy while he was sick -- have no-one to blame but themselves.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:58 am

where are they now? If you're anticipating something in the summer, surely you're still stoked about it in October?
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Fri Nov 22, 2019 9:55 am

cholernik wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:58 am
    where are they now? If you're anticipating something in the summer, surely you're still stoked about it in October?
    Stoked? Yes. BUT, people tend to get their holidays from work approved AFTER they have their booking confirmation. Some also just don't want to wait that long to spend their money. Or in the meantime other unforeseeable circumstances lead to the fact that they can no longer go.
    People tend to be not to patient when waiting for something you know? ;)
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:01 am

it's no sweat off my nuts if they don't sell anymore tickets. Less people on board means more pool time and shitty pizza for me.
    Amalu
    Chief Petty Officer

by Amalu » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:45 pm

cholernik wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:01 am it's no sweat off my nuts if they don't sell anymore tickets. Less people on board means more pool time and shitty pizza for me.
    You know that the only real pool is basically covered by a stage, right? ;-)
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:51 pm

Amalu wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:45 pm
    cholernik wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 10:01 am it's no sweat off my nuts if they don't sell anymore tickets. Less people on board means more pool time and shitty pizza for me.
    You know that the only real pool is basically covered by a stage, right? ;-)
    pool, hot tub whatever. whatever water that isn't the sea
    Lala
    Midshipman

by Lala » Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:11 pm

cholernik wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:51 pm pool, hot tub whatever. whatever water that isn't the sea
    i don't hink there is much real water in the tubs. or did you see anyone leave to go pissing? :chug:
    2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - survived
    2023 - NO

www.lalasreisen.de
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:16 pm

Amalu wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:45 pmYou know that the only real pool is basically covered by a stage, right? ;-)
    Not quite right. There's a small pool in the Solarium. I take a dip every now and then there
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:17 pm

Amalu wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:45 pmYou know that the only real pool is basically covered by a stage, right? ;-)
    Not quite right. There's a small pool in the Solarium. I take a dip there every now and then. You also got the kiddie/water park
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:57 pm

Lala wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 2:11 pm
    cholernik wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 1:51 pm pool, hot tub whatever. whatever water that isn't the sea
    i don't hink there is much real water in the tubs. or did you see anyone leave to go pissing? :chug:
    Yep, and also, it all gets splashed out. :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:02 pm

cholernik wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:58 am
    "They" have made other plans, decided to go to other festivals, decided to commit their paid time off to other things, realized that airfare now is much higher than it was during the summer, etc. They might be regretting that decision now based on the bands that have been confirmed, and they WOULD have been stoked for it, but it's too late.
    The announcement process for 70k has been an increasingly unexplainable shit-show for years. Who can blame them for bailing?

And yeah, emptier boat means shorter lines at Sorrentos.
    Eek.
    2025 Wishlist:
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Sat Nov 23, 2019 1:53 pm

Pellaz wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 5:02 pm

And yeah, emptier boat means shorter lines at Sorrentos.
    Eek.
    Yea shorter lines for crap pizza and shorter lines for other things. Can't complain really, although it's bad for people putting this on
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:16 pm

VERY MINOR update.

1N Single Male, Quad. Back.
    4B Single Female, Double. Gone.

Type / Double / Triple / Quad / Quin/ SEX / Sept / Oct /
    Standard Interior 6V / 90 /
    Standard Interior 4V / 225 /
    Standard Interior 3V / ?? / 1 / 151 /
    Standard Interior 2V / 121 /
    Standard Interior 1V / ?? / ?? / 26 /
    Promenade View 2T / 168 /
    Spacious Interior 1R / -- / -- / ?? / ?? / 2 /
    Spacious Prome 1Q / -- / -- / ?? / ?? / 4 /
    Ocean View 8N / 47 / / /
    Ocean View 3N / ?? / ?? / 41 /
    Ocean View 2N / 69 /
    Ocean View 1N / ?? / ?? / 61** /
    Spacious Ocean 4M / 16 /
    Spacious Ocean 1M / ?? / ?? / 7 /
    Ultra Spacious 1K / -- / -- / ?? / ?? / 10 /
    Spacious Pano 1L / 6 / ?? / 33 /
    Standard Balcony 6D / 20 /
    Standard Balcony 5D / ?? / 22 /
    Standard Balcony 2D / 223 /
    Standard Balcony 1D / ?? / 64 / 7 /
    Spacious Balcony 4B / 237 /
    Spacious Balcony 3B / ?? / ?? / 74** /
    Spacious Balcony 2B / 64 /
    Spacious Balcony 1B / ?? / ?? / 14 /
    Pano Suite VP / -- / -- / ?? / ?? / 2 /
    Balcony Suite J4 / 56 /
    Balcony Suite J3 / ??** / ?? / 62 /
    Grand Suite GS / ?? / ?? / 24 /
    Grand Suite GT / -- / -- / ??? / ?? / ?? / ??? / 6 /
    Owner Suite OS / ?? / ?? / 6 /

Total Cabins, by my count: 1961
    Total Cabins, according to cruisedeckplans website: 1918
    Total Cabins in sold out categories: 1235
    **Previously sold out. Only 1 or 2 left.

Single Male still available
    Double - 4V, 2V, 2T, 2N, 2D, 4B, 2B
    Quad - 1N, 3N

Single Female still available
    Double - 4V, 2T, 2N, 2D
    Quad - 3V, 1V, 3N
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:18 pm

Those handful of cheap quad cabins are STILL available and have been for several weeks now.

Can only assume that if THEY are not moving, then sales of all the other remaining categories have stagnated as well.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Dick
    Oiler

by Dick » Sun Nov 24, 2019 3:23 pm

More intimate setting this time around. Lines won't be as long for merch, or the meet and greets. Not exactly a bad thing. I don't even go for the bands, I mostly just go to meet people from around the world and get away from the monotony of my life.
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:15 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 3:18 pm Those handful of cheap quad cabins are STILL available and have been for several weeks now.

Can only assume that if THEY are not moving, then sales of all the other remaining categories have stagnated as well.
    Can't see too much in the way of movement now unless they manage to book a drop-dead AMAZING band. We're well into the $100 booking change-fee period, and that goes up to $300/change SOOOOON. So booked pax who need to swap roommates in or out will be more heavily punished. :evil:

--signed, someone who fucked up and had to pay the change fee for his cruise-mates (it was my fault)
    Dick wrote: More intimate setting this time around. Lines won't be as long for merch, or the meet and greets. Not exactly a bad thing. I don't even go for the bands, I mostly just go to meet people from around the world and get away from the monotony of my life.
    I'm not getting my hopes up too much on THAT score, either. Even a 70% or 80% full boat will still have substantial lines.

Anyone who was on Barge: how sold-out was the boat (70%?) and was there a big difference in line lengths and "feel"?
    2025 Wishlist:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Nov 25, 2019 3:56 pm

Pellaz wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 12:15 pm Anyone who was on Barge: how sold-out was the boat (70%?) and was there a big difference in line lengths and "feel"?
    I don't know how ticket sales were but it there was a very obvious difference in crowd size. Also a bit tough to compare since it was on a smaller boat to begin with and the venues were set up different then on the current class. It felt like it was a lot easier to find a good spot at each venue, the buffet was easier to navigate and I don't recall a horrible wait for cruise merch, at least at the spot that was selling 70K branded only merch.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:18 pm

I also saw some sailors dropping out on the facebook forum. Selling their spots.
    Already people quitting.
    I don't think I saw their reasons posted, but it made me wonder.
    With cabins STILL available all over the decks, what Pellaz was saying, drop one AMAZING band and
    woosh! They come back.
    JUDAS PRIEST!

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Mon Nov 25, 2019 8:55 pm

It would be great to see Judas Priest on 70000 Tons !!!!!!!!!!!!
    I notice he is headlining the final day of Bloodstock in August coming up , how cool is that :shred:
  • alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:07 pm

I am definitely a fan of Judas Priest too, his solo material after leaving Maiden has been really good
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:11 pm

alex_canada wrote: Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:07 pm I am definitely a fan of Judas Priest too, his solo material after leaving Maiden has been really good
    I like Judi Priest. His version of WIld World is really good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S4ZWD_0VRK8
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Mon Nov 25, 2019 10:38 pm

I’m also a big fan of JUST DIAPERS.
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:32 am

JUDAS PRIEST true rock and metal ICON 50 years of successful performing cannot be wrong !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shred:
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:01 am

trying to figure out , with limited information available , I would think that the cruise is roughly 75% sold out . :|
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:13 pm

metalforever wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:01 am trying to figure out , with limited information available , I would think that the cruise is roughly 75% sold out . :|
    No changes to the sold out categories IN WEEKS. Not even those categories we know for fact only have 1 or 2 cabins left.

So yeah - I reckon 75% at most.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    SavaRon
    Crewman

by SavaRon » Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:25 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:13 pm
    metalforever wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 8:01 am trying to figure out , with limited information available , I would think that the cruise is roughly 75% sold out . :|
    No changes to the sold out categories IN WEEKS. Not even those categories we know for fact only have 1 or 2 cabins left.

If it is only 75% sold out that is going to be devastating to their bottom line. That's probably a million in lost money. That may impact the cruise going forward. They aren't going to sell that many more cabins at this point. I hope it isn't that bad, because I want them to be successful for years to come. I wouldn't expect any bigger bands being announced either. They are going to have to cut costs one way or another.

They really need to look at their practices going forward. Too many mistakes this year.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:25 pm

SavaRon wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:25 pm

If it is only 75% sold out that is going to be devastating to their bottom line. That's probably a million in lost money. That may impact the cruise going forward. They aren't going to sell that many more cabins at this point. I hope it isn't that bad, because I want them to be successful for years to come. I wouldn't expect any bigger bands being announced either. They are going to have to cut costs one way or another.

They really need to look at their practices going forward. Too many mistakes this year.
    We've been saying for years that UMC will never change until people start voting with their wallets.

Guess what? UMC shot themselves (and I'm being polite here saying "UMC". We all know I mean the skipper) in the foot SO BADLY this time around that people have voted with their wallets.

From that perspective it has been the perfect storm to screw them up - the late commencement any other year could still have been salvaged. But combined with being forced to move the cruise to an incredibly inconvenient (and more expensive!) time of the year means that people just cannot afford to go.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Wed Dec 04, 2019 5:57 am

part of the reason I can afford to go is my wife and I are flying for free, thanks to credit card points from an airline. Living in the states helps a bit also.
    SavaRon
    Crewman

by SavaRon » Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:43 am

cowboy71 wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:25 pm
    SavaRon wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:25 pm

We've been saying for years that UMC will never change until people start voting with their wallets.

Guess what? UMC shot themselves (and I'm being polite here saying "UMC". We all know I mean the skipper) in the foot SO BADLY this time around that people have voted with their wallets.

From that perspective it has been the perfect storm to screw them up - the late commencement any other year could still have been salvaged. But combined with being forced to move the cruise to an incredibly inconvenient (and more expensive!) time of the year means that people just cannot afford to go.
    I definitely think having the cruise so early in January is a huge problem for a lot of people. It is for us and we live in Florida! The prices going up and the announcement process hurts as well. The other thing is people just get bored and move on. Progpower kind of went through this around year 10 or so. You have to bring in new blood to replace the people that drop out. Plus there is a ton of competition compared to 10 years ago. It is a perfect storm...of shit.