Post Reply 2037 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2020 Megathread
    Cardest
    Midshipman

Re: Cabin With A View

by Cardest » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:00 pm

If this (supposedly) health issue continues way into December, then what?
    I know a way to get better!
    Announce more bands!
    The perfect distraction from whatever is (perhaps) going on.
    Music is the best invention in human history.
    Let's get distracted!

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Thu Nov 28, 2019 5:05 pm

if not now, when?
    if not if, what?
    if not things, stuff?

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
  • clegane
    Petty Officer

by clegane » Fri Nov 29, 2019 2:09 am

We need more bands to be announced!

E??

What about Exumer?
    Wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Infernal Majesty, Meliah Rage,Toranaga, Evildead, Triptykon, Brutality, Massacre, Dismember, Flotsam a Jetsam, Protector, Razor, Helstar, Omen, Running Wild, Vltimas, Lik, Sorcery (SWE), Attacker

Survivor:
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:29 am

Cattle Decapitation , Death Atlas album just had its premier 8 hours ago , truly great as expected !!!!!!!!!!! :shred:
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Fri Nov 29, 2019 6:55 am

Today is Black Friday would it be asking to much to have some black metal announced today , toooooooo much of a stretch I guess LOL !!!!!!!!!!!! :bitch: :bitch: :bitch:
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:08 pm

Aether Realm just posted on Facebook suggesting that they might play the entirety of "The Sun, The Moon, The Star" on board. It's their 20 min masterpiece, and just about doubled my level of hype for their sets. If you haven't heard it before, you really should check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw3UygAi2oo
    Seventh.Wonder/Theocracy/The.Night.Flight.Orchestra/Draconian/My.Dying.Bride/Primordial/Turisas/Katatonia/Swallow.the.Sun/Eluveitie/Seven.Spires/Tyr/Soilwork/Helloween/Countless.Skies/Anaal.Nathrakh/Frozen.Crown/Sonata.Arctica/Powerwolf/Blind.Guardian/Avantasia/Within.Temptation/Aephanemer/Serenity/Saturnus/Moonspell/Scardust/The.Halo.Effect/Sabaton/Noumena/Sojourner/Dragony/Omnium.Gatherum/Soen/Paradise.Lost/Shape.of.Despair/Hamferd/Aether.Realm/Brothers.of.Metal/Dawn.of.Solace/Tribulation/Twilight.Force/Be'lakor/Wilderun/Beast.in.Black/Ensiferum/Serenity.in.Murder/Dimmu.Borgir/Amon.Amarth/Visigoth/Satyricon/Cradle.of.Filth/Unleash.the.Archers/Moonsorrow/Epica
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:55 am

Danny24601 wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:08 pm Aether Realm just posted on Facebook suggesting that they might play the entirety of "The Sun, The Moon, The Star" on board. It's their 20 min masterpiece, and just about doubled my level of hype for their sets. If you haven't heard it before, you really should check it out.

I gave it an honest try, but I’m still allergic to this kind of MDM.
    To each their own.
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:53 pm

Godflesh wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:55 am
    Danny24601 wrote: Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:08 pm Aether Realm just posted on Facebook suggesting that they might play the entirety of "The Sun, The Moon, The Star" on board. It's their 20 min masterpiece, and just about doubled my level of hype for their sets. If you haven't heard it before, you really should check it out.

To each their own.
    I've never quite understood why everyone goes gaga over that song. It's not even the best song on that album. "King of Cups" "The Chariot" and "The Emperor" are all better tunes.
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:03 pm

I am listening to Tarot album by Aether Realm , I am enjoying the opening track ,The Fool :shred:
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:56 pm

Gratch wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 12:53 pm
    Godflesh wrote: Sat Nov 30, 2019 2:55 am

To each their own.
    I've never quite understood why everyone goes gaga over that song. It's not even the best song on that album. "King of Cups" "The Chariot" and "The Emperor" are all better tunes.
    Oh, I'll hype every tune on this record, and agree with you that each of those tracks are better songs moment-to-moment. But there is something exceptional about pulling off a 20 minute track that works this well, and it is something of an event that we will get to see it done live.
    Seventh.Wonder/Theocracy/The.Night.Flight.Orchestra/Draconian/My.Dying.Bride/Primordial/Turisas/Katatonia/Swallow.the.Sun/Eluveitie/Seven.Spires/Tyr/Soilwork/Helloween/Countless.Skies/Anaal.Nathrakh/Frozen.Crown/Sonata.Arctica/Powerwolf/Blind.Guardian/Avantasia/Within.Temptation/Aephanemer/Serenity/Saturnus/Moonspell/Scardust/The.Halo.Effect/Sabaton/Noumena/Sojourner/Dragony/Omnium.Gatherum/Soen/Paradise.Lost/Shape.of.Despair/Hamferd/Aether.Realm/Brothers.of.Metal/Dawn.of.Solace/Tribulation/Twilight.Force/Be'lakor/Wilderun/Beast.in.Black/Ensiferum/Serenity.in.Murder/Dimmu.Borgir/Amon.Amarth/Visigoth/Satyricon/Cradle.of.Filth/Unleash.the.Archers/Moonsorrow/Epica
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Sun Dec 01, 2019 4:14 am

Well, we got a pool girl update and nothing else!
    2 weeks without band updates.
    BORING!!

cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:16 am

So I leave this forum for one week and nothing happened? Shocking!
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Sun Dec 01, 2019 9:06 am

Here is a really talented band never heard anyone mention here , ADVENT SORROW from Perth Western Australia :death: :death:
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Sun Dec 01, 2019 5:56 pm

36 days to go!
    36 bands so far and 24 bands to come.
    How do we process 24 bands in such a short space of time?
    Sorry, let me change that question a little.
    How do we have time to process NEW bands that many sailors don't know, in that time?
    With Xmas coming, Xmas work parties, wrapping up shit for the break, packing, flying ( I leave Dec 22 for this)
    Just not enough time imo!
    2 weeks of useless days have passed us by.
    December is here - where are the band announcement Xmas cheer?

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:47 pm

I’m really hoping Andy hasn’t had a recurrence of whatever health issue sidelined him for a few months.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:00 pm

Final payments for cabins are due by the 5th of January.

Reckon we are within our rights to withhold our final payment if we don't know the full lineup by then?

"You haven't given me a full lineup, so I'm not giving you a full payment!"

:P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:19 pm

My sources are saying Exumer for ‘E’. Any guesses when he’ll start announcing multiple Cripper bands per day?
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:22 pm

Jotunheimr wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:19 pm My sources are saying Exumer for ‘E’. Any guesses when he’ll start announcing multiple Cripper bands per day?
    SOON
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:52 pm

EXUMER, meh.

Fun fact: Michael Schenker will celebrate his 65th birthday on day 4.
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Sun Dec 01, 2019 11:28 pm

Jotunheimr wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:19 pm My sources are saying Exumer for ‘E’. Any guesses when he’ll start announcing multiple Cripper bands per day?
    Alas, not my thing. Though I suppose we are due for more thrash anyhow.

I think last year they dropped the first Cripper pack less than 3 weeks out, then the second two packs the week of sailing.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:34 am

Totally dug the first 2+ minutes :headbanger:

Then the vocals came in :cry:

Not even so much that it's the style of vocals I'm used to encountering and ruining great music for me in the past 15 years or so but even more so how horribly high they are in the mix. They don't even sound like they're being sung in the same 'room' as the music the band is playing. Not blended at all. It's like the band was recorded and mixed in a nice hall and the singer was placed in the coat check closet with an old Radio Shack mic.

I just really need to get my hands on the karaoke tracks for all these bands so many of you like so much. So many great guitar, bass and drum performances lost on me cuz I have to jump ship when the dogs start barking :evil:

Ah well. Keep enjoying it as you do. I'm probably lucky it hits me this way. Already too many amazing bands, albums and songs to listen to in my world as it is lol

;)
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Lala
    Midshipman

by Lala » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:39 am

cowboy71 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:47 pm I’m really hoping Andy hasn’t had a recurrence of whatever health issue sidelined him for a few months.
    it's absolutely unprofessional when it's all on one person. time to sell the 70k brand to a professional agency....
    2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - survived
    2023 - NO

www.lalasreisen.de
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:21 am

Lala wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:39 am
    cowboy71 wrote: Sun Dec 01, 2019 6:47 pm I’m really hoping Andy hasn’t had a recurrence of whatever health issue sidelined him for a few months.
    it's absolutely unprofessional when it's all on one person. time to sell the 70k brand to a professional agency....
    mmm...will there even be a 2021 cruise?
    If this year's an indication, this is it. The last stand.

cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:03 am

Cardest wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:21 ammmm...will there even be a 2021 cruise?
    If this year's an indication, this is it. The last stand.
    I don't see a reason why there wouldn't be another cruise for 2021
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:08 am

Well I didn't expect anything over the thanksgiving weekend. But it's December now, we should probably get going on announcing some bands, eh? I hate this slow announcement crap, I know it's what andy does here, but it's really stupid.
    2020: Survivor
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:12 am

cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:16 am

it's like when Wayne and Garth announced Waynestock but didn't have any confirmed bands, so ya know, nobody bought tickets.
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Mon Dec 02, 2019 6:45 am

The deadline to cancel the cruise is December 7 , to get some money back , after that date it is a complete financial loss . I imagine a few more people will cancel before that date ,all things considered .
  • Bolt_Thrower
    Petty Officer

by Bolt_Thrower » Mon Dec 02, 2019 2:10 pm

I’m tired of waiting so...

Band 37 is the off-duty Royal Caribbean staff choir! :headbanger:
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

by acidbasement » Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:20 pm

24 bands to announce with 35 days to go. Are we going to wait till 24 days out, and then do one band per day? This is driving me nuts.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:10 pm

Next letter is E, right?

Eternal Tears of Sorrow would be dope
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:02 pm

Lala wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:39 am
    Sixthman, one of the largest ship charter companies around, would pick 70K up in a heartbeat if it was available.
    And they are VERY professional at what they do...even more so than the cruise lines in some cases (like the Walker Stalker Cruise).
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Dec 02, 2019 5:03 pm

cegr80 wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 4:10 pm Next letter is E, right?

Eternal Tears of Sorrow would be dope
    AND they'd already have their work-visas in order. Not that they are NEEDED for 70K, but....
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:10 am

How exciting..ughh.
    Sorry, I mean, how BORING.
    Dec. 7th is the cut off hey?
    Wow!
    This is really reassuring for everyone. Hardly!
    36 bands only so far and 4 days to the cut off for cancellations.
    Um, yeah, someone at UMC needs to send that message out and get things active again.
    Far out.
    2 and a half weeks of silence at this time, so close to sailing, is just nuts to me.
    2021 I would be surprised that there will be a cruise and/or the Skip hands over the reigns to someone else.
    The delays are longer than ever now. Last year that 4 month silence thing. This year, was full of anxiety for us all too!
    We were sweating bullets!
    Given the body language of you know who, of all this recent stuff, in the last two cruises etc. I really would be
    surprised if 2021 comes around and the same shit continues.
    Heavy Montreal is taking a year off!
    Imagine 70k does too!
    I know.......I know, speculation.
    But this is what all this silence does to us!
    Nothing better to do than...guess!
    No hype!
    35 days to go. 24 bands to come.
    This E band had better be worth the wait.

bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Tue Dec 03, 2019 5:11 am

acidbasement wrote: Mon Dec 02, 2019 3:20 pm 24 bands to announce with 35 days to go. Are we going to wait till 24 days out, and then do one band per day? This is driving me nuts.
    One band per day??? Expect at least 10 bands in the last 3-4 days.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:24 am

I know delays and droughts are normal but they're dumb. It doesn't sell cabins, it pisses off everyone that is booked, and it makes everybody lose interest. I saw a post on facebook saying that last year there weren't any bands announced for like all of December with like 30 bands to go. The difference this year is the cruise is just about a month sooner.
    In all seriousness though, is anybody able to check if Andy is okay and not having health issues again?
  • clegane
    Petty Officer

by clegane » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:25 am

Next announcements in January???
    Wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Infernal Majesty, Meliah Rage,Toranaga, Evildead, Triptykon, Brutality, Massacre, Dismember, Flotsam a Jetsam, Protector, Razor, Helstar, Omen, Running Wild, Vltimas, Lik, Sorcery (SWE), Attacker

Survivor:
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:27 am

clegane wrote: Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:25 am Next announcements in January???
    I would not be surprised
  • Ti7aNiC
    Crewman

by Ti7aNiC » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:48 am

In all seriousness - everyone needs to chill tf out.

I totally agree that UMC should have started announcements far earlier this year, that having almost half the lineup unannounced by the refund cutoff date is poor business, and that Andy holds the reigns far too tight. But there's an entire UMC staff behind him probably as frustrated as we are, and if we're being real - the boat isn't going to truly sell out this year, not because of the Superbowl, not because of the holiday season, but because Andy left things too long for people to get their vacations and finances in order. Bitching and complaining here does nothing, though. If you don't want to support these bad business practices, then don't buy a ticket. If you know they are gonna pull it off and it'll be an amazing time but are frustrated, then leave comments in the Survivor Feedback Survey. Things certainly haven't appeared professional this year, but coming to here to the forum just reeks of entitlement, anxiety, and bitching. This is still the best festival out there and I'm starting to feel bad for anyone who's never attended coming here to read all the bullshit in these threads.
    Survivor:
    70K 2016, 70K 2017, 70K 2018, 70K 2019, & 70K 2020
    70K 2023?

C A P E   B R E T O N
    C A N A D A

#fuckNewguyme
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:00 pm

Bitching about things on an internet forum "reeks of entitlement"? Ooooooookay...

I'm pretty sure that the ability to anonymously bitch about stuff was the main reason the internet was invented.
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
Post Reply 2037 posts