Post Reply 2037 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2020 Megathread
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: 1 MONTH Until Round X!

by acidbasement » Thu Dec 12, 2019 12:46 pm

cholernik wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 11:19 am I got so excited when I saw a 70k app notifcation on my watch. fuckin pre-cruise bullshit events. god damn it.
    I like the pre-cruise events, and they're not bullshit at all. Sorry you're having a bad day.
    I'm only here to do two things: play the bagpipes and gargle sulphuric acid. Looks like we're almost out of acid.
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:13 pm

I want to have time to listen at the announced bands, I dont wanna see 5 announcements per day the week before the cruise... I've been on the cruise 6 times and the communication about this year is really a total bullshit
    Frozen Crown-Therion-Iced Earth-Dimmu Borgir-Stratovarius-Powerwolf-Nanowar of Steel-Alestorm-Wintersun-Lacuna Coil-Sabaton-Amaranthe-Dalriada-Kalmah-Skeletonwitch-Mago de Oz-LuciferianLightOrchestra-Scepticflesh
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:00 pm

Captain Alex wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:13 pm I want to have time to listen at the announced bands, I dont wanna see 5 announcements per day the week before the cruise... I've been on the cruise 6 times and the communication about this year is really a total bullshit
    Agreed :'(

Given how shit the announcements have been the last few years, I would actually be okay if there were 4-5 left to announce before I leave Australia, but at this rate there will still be 15 or 20 which is, as you so PERFECTLY put it, is

TOTAL

BULLSHIT
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:50 pm

Yeah, this week was the week I was really feeling it coming, and I am a bit surprised that we've heard nothing yet. It's frustrating cause I just wanna keep this hype train going, and its confusing cause each day it gets harder to sell those last few cabins.

But we do have the first ever headline tour of North America by Swallow the Sun which was just announced, so I've got that going for me, which is nice.
    Seventh.Wonder/Theocracy/The.Night.Flight.Orchestra/Draconian/My.Dying.Bride/Primordial/Turisas/Katatonia/Swallow.the.Sun/Eluveitie/Seven.Spires/Tyr/Soilwork/Helloween/Countless.Skies/Anaal.Nathrakh/Frozen.Crown/Sonata.Arctica/Powerwolf/Blind.Guardian/Avantasia/Within.Temptation/Aephanemer/Serenity/Saturnus/Moonspell/Scardust/The.Halo.Effect/Sabaton/Noumena/Sojourner/Dragony/Omnium.Gatherum/Soen/Paradise.Lost/Shape.of.Despair/Hamferd/Aether.Realm/Brothers.of.Metal/Dawn.of.Solace/Tribulation/Twilight.Force/Be'lakor/Wilderun/Beast.in.Black/Ensiferum/Serenity.in.Murder/Dimmu.Borgir/Amon.Amarth/Visigoth/Satyricon/Cradle.of.Filth/Unleash.the.Archers/Moonsorrow/Epica
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:47 pm

Danny24601 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:50 pm Yeah, this week was the week I was really feeling it coming, and I am a bit surprised that we've heard nothing yet. It's frustrating cause I just wanna keep this hype train going, and its confusing cause each day it gets harder to sell those last few cabins.

But we do have the first ever headline tour of North America by Swallow the Sun which was just announced, so I've got that going for me, which is nice.
    I actually thought I would be wrong when I said earlier in the week that we wouldn't get any announcements this week.

Really cannot BELIEVE that we have in fact gone another full week with radio silence.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:01 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 8:47 pm
    Danny24601 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 7:50 pm Yeah, this week was the week I was really feeling it coming, and I am a bit surprised that we've heard nothing yet. It's frustrating cause I just wanna keep this hype train going, and its confusing cause each day it gets harder to sell those last few cabins.

I actually thought I would be wrong when I said earlier in the week that we wouldn't get any announcements this week.

Really cannot BELIEVE that we have in fact gone another full week with radio silence.
    The way UMC is running things this year is putting a HUGE damper on the cruise for me. Andy said he wanted a lot of newbees to have a chance to be onbroad? Well, I think that in 2021 he'll get his wish. Way sick of this bullshit.
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:12 pm

Do u have some rumors or stats about what will be announced or anything that gonna happen? .. This is weird cause Ive never came to this dates so near the flight with so few information
    Frozen Crown-Therion-Iced Earth-Dimmu Borgir-Stratovarius-Powerwolf-Nanowar of Steel-Alestorm-Wintersun-Lacuna Coil-Sabaton-Amaranthe-Dalriada-Kalmah-Skeletonwitch-Mago de Oz-LuciferianLightOrchestra-Scepticflesh
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:32 pm

Captain Alex wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:12 pm

Do u have some rumors or stats about what will be announced or anything that gonna happen? .. This is weird cause Ive never came to this dates so near the flight with so few information
    Nah. I heard a lot of names of bands earlier in the year via my sources that were "sure to be on board" this year. Some of those have been added, some have not.

As far as the ones that have not, did they fall through due to Andy going missing for so many months? Are they still coming and for some unfathomable reason they are among the 24 WE ARE STILL WAITING TO FIND OUT? Are they on fence and Andy is busy scrambling tp try to win them back?

Who knows. Andy. And he is never gonna tell.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:38 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:32 pm
    Captain Alex wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:12 pm

Nah. I heard a lot of names of bands earlier in the year via my sources that were "sure to be on board" this year. Some of those have been added, some have not.

As far as the ones that have not, did they fall through due to Andy going missing for so many months? Are they still coming and for some unfathomable reason they are among the 24 WE ARE STILL WAITING TO FIND OUT? Are they on fence and Andy is busy scrambling tp try to win them back?

Who knows. Andy. And he is never gonna tell.
    It's weird, I'm sure we'll get some cool names in the last 24, but it would be bizarre for Andy to be sitting on cabin-sellers this late in the game.

I don't know which would shock me more, a finale of nothing but small names or the announcement of some big names that would move units but for the late hour. Though I suppose big late announcements help sell next year's cruise.

I'm not too worried, as most of the bands I'm hoping for are small-medium names anyways, but I am getting antsy for something new to get hype about.

I'm guessing you have too much respect for the trust shown by your sources to share what names you've heard?
    Seventh.Wonder/Theocracy/The.Night.Flight.Orchestra/Draconian/My.Dying.Bride/Primordial/Turisas/Katatonia/Swallow.the.Sun/Eluveitie/Seven.Spires/Tyr/Soilwork/Helloween/Countless.Skies/Anaal.Nathrakh/Frozen.Crown/Sonata.Arctica/Powerwolf/Blind.Guardian/Avantasia/Within.Temptation/Aephanemer/Serenity/Saturnus/Moonspell/Scardust/The.Halo.Effect/Sabaton/Noumena/Sojourner/Dragony/Omnium.Gatherum/Soen/Paradise.Lost/Shape.of.Despair/Hamferd/Aether.Realm/Brothers.of.Metal/Dawn.of.Solace/Tribulation/Twilight.Force/Be'lakor/Wilderun/Beast.in.Black/Ensiferum/Serenity.in.Murder/Dimmu.Borgir/Amon.Amarth/Visigoth/Satyricon/Cradle.of.Filth/Unleash.the.Archers/Moonsorrow/Epica
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:48 pm

Yeah cannot say those that have been added or those that were revealed and not added so far.

Don't want to compromise my sources.

Lets just say some pretty big names across multiple genres that would have surely moved cabins.

As you say, MAYBE if big names got added now, at least it might help the next (will there BE a next after this?) cruise - eg "Remember that he added [INSERT MASSIVE DRAWCARD HERE] last year with like 3 weeks to go!!??!! We have to book early just in case that happens again!"

But I'm not expecting much anymore. I'm resigned to it being 2015-bad for me. I know some people loved that lineup but for me, and particularly looking at the last 24... they were SO BAD for me. Collectively giving each band a rating out of 10, that last 24 got a grand total of 41 out of 240 from me. 16 zeroes, and only 2 bands (Trouble and Wintersun) that I ended up seeing.

IF that happens again, then I will sadly vote with my wallet and not attend next(?) time.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:39 pm

Captain Alex wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 6:13 pm I want to have time to listen at the announced bands, I dont wanna see 5 announcements per day the week before the cruise... I've been on the cruise 6 times and the communication about this year is really a total bullshit
    I also fully agree!

What is the hold up?
    Seriously!

I leave for the US in 9 days and I should have had a stack more bands under my ears by now, so I can get used to their
    songs etc.
    Hard to keep up with bands announced once I hit the road. Only spending a limited time in hotels to sleep and unpack
    and barely time to sit down and play bandcamp songs/youtube clips etc. On my feet sight seeing all day until my feet can't cope!
    I still hold a strong belief that 2021 will either be no cruise, or it's given away to someone else!

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:59 pm

But 2021 will be the 10th anniversary.
    That has to be **special**, right? :lol:
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:11 am

Cardest wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:39 pm
    I also fully agree!

What is the hold up?
    Seriously!

I leave for the US in 9 days and I should have had a stack more bands under my ears by now, so I can get used to their
    songs etc.
    Hard to keep up with bands announced once I hit the road. Only spending a limited time in hotels to sleep and unpack
    and barely time to sit down and play bandcamp songs/youtube clips etc. On my feet sight seeing all day until my feet can't cope!
    I still hold a strong belief that 2021 will either be no cruise, or it's given away to someone else!
    I've said this many times in this forum. I want time to listen to bands that I either haven't listened to in a while or haven't heard before. If we average a band a day (hopeful) that's really not enough time, especially because I'm guessing multiple bands will be announced on my flight to florida the day before. This is such a dumb way to run things. I don't know how you expect to make money without announcing bands. You can't rely on reputation and a "good time" to sell cabins.

I'm guessing like zero or a handful of the cabins left will be sold from now until ship sail. Nobody is going to drop that kind of money this close to cruise time with half the bands not announced. the only person andy can blame is himself.
    2020: Survivor
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:20 am

Godflesh wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:59 pm But 2021 will be the 10th anniversary.
    That has to be **special**, right? :lol:
    One of the big reasons we came back for "one last ride" this year is because we expected the 10th anniversary to be something amazing. While I'm happy with the lineup so far, the way it's all happened (or hasn't, more accurately) is certainly disappointing.

I'm fascinated by the logistics of adding new bands very late in the game. Just simple things like getting them included in the printed program, coordinating running times, getting all the equipment on board, managing travel, etc. It's amazing to me that all of that manages to come together when a band gets added with only a week or two notice.
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Dec 13, 2019 7:51 am

I'm pretty glad I'm not going this year, because if I was, I'd be really disappointed. The silence speaks volumes. And I'm disappointed for you guys, who have had to deal with all the nonsense.

Bit of a downer, really.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:37 am

Cardest wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 10:39 pm
    I also fully agree!

What is the hold up?
    Seriously!

songs etc.
    Yep, Im playing video games with the music of the announced bands and just the effects of the game so that I can knownthe songs on record time.. I realize many years ago that knowing the bands before the cruise give you a much better experience 'cause at the end some bands you didn't know are pretty good ones and have them accompanying you through all the year makes the final experience very epic, seeing the bands you were listen at live on the cruise.. Actually that was a kind of change of life for me; that + the excitement of the announcements give me a good activity for all the year and not only the week of the cruise.. This year wasn't possible at all.. Its lasting just 2 months
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:23 am

There is a D S B M band formed in 2015 from Portland Oregon called NONE .
    All the band members are anonymous .
    They have 3 full length albums .
    I am listening to their album they released this year , Damp Chill of Life .
    These guys are quite talented , the album is very good.
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:47 am

None discography

None Full-length 2017
    Life Has Gone On Long Enough Full-length 2018
    Where Life Should Be Single 2018
    Damp Chill of Life Full-length 2019
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:29 pm

Someone in the FB group linked to an ad in a French magazine that had logos for Edenbridge and Havok, so those are likely next two up.

Of course, we saw that same thing with Candlemass a couple years ago (they were in a magazine ad, but were never announced), so YMMV.

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:36 pm

Gratch wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:29 pm Someone in the FB group linked to an ad in a French magazine that had logos for Edenbridge and Havok, so those are likely next two up.

Of course, we saw that same thing with Candlemass a couple years ago (they were in a magazine ad, but were never announced), so YMMV.
    Please noooooooooooooooo to both bands , would be going from bad to worse , LOL!!!!!!!!!!!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:40 pm

I like Edenbridge. Missed them last time so I'm okay with that.

Havok I don't care about, but I fully expect a LOT of bands I don't care about in the remaining announcements.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:18 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 1:40 pm I like Edenbridge. Missed them last time so I'm okay with that.

Havok I don't care about, but I fully expect a LOT of bands I don't care about in the remaining announcements.
    Easy haha not all should be bad news.. In stat average of past years it should remain at least 1.5 big good news for anyone in the cruise no matter which genders you like.. And as I know your taste is pretty similar to mine I think we also will get a awesome name more.. and a very good one more.. I dont know when haha but I can tell in less than 2 months :lol:

At this point I really can't bitch too more and blame Andy.. Is not that Im getting sentimental for this to be the 10th cruise but in this 10 years he in fact changed my life with this idea and all this years Ive had so much fun seeing bands which I never thought I was going to see.. Know them.. Seeing live songs that I thought was impossible and making so many good friends that Ive recived in my country and also visited them on their coutries.. All of this is priceless so I really cant complain too much.. This years have been very good in all those aspects thanks to him, his idea and efforts (in the mid time he surely became rich also :lol: thats ok for me)
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:22 pm

Finally booked our flights. They were incredibly cheap. The times are a little rough but worth the price. :death:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:11 pm

Me either.

Makes you wonder... What if Something Has Happened and they actually CAN'T confirm 60 bands before sailing? I don't expect that to happen, but the legal ramifications are intriguing.

We're not promised 60 "amazing world-renowned" bands or anything, so in a pinch 70K could just start calling up random bands from the Southeast U.S. "Hey, y'all got anything planned for early January? Wanna go on a vacation? Can you fill 45 minutes with at least one original song and maybe a slew of Misfits and Motorhead covers?" :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • Fulorian
    Crewman

by Fulorian » Sat Dec 14, 2019 12:46 am

Pellaz wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 8:11 pm

Me either.

Makes you wonder... What if Something Has Happened and they actually CAN'T confirm 60 bands before sailing? I don't expect that to happen, but the legal ramifications are intriguing.

We're not promised 60 "amazing world-renowned" bands or anything, so in a pinch 70K could just start calling up random bands from the Southeast U.S. "Hey, y'all got anything planned for early January? Wanna go on a vacation? Can you fill 45 minutes with at least one original song and maybe a slew of Misfits and Motorhead covers?" :lol:
    That's literally half of the last batch of bands every year. As has been confirmed over and over again, about half of the final batch of 20ish bands that gets faceblasted in the last month before sailing are last minute requests.
    Survivor - 16 / 17 / 18 / 19
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:12 am

Ok times up Skip!

24 days with 24 bands to bring us.
    It starts today mate!

Hop to it!

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg, Hammers of Misfortune
  • LoudStonedDrunk
    Oiler

by LoudStonedDrunk » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:32 am

Psycho 2020 for August announced more bands 2 days ago than 70k has for quite some time. Take note Andy. Bright side is mgla and mayhem to look forward to
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:15 am

As a crabby old vet, even I am getting nervous. Radio silence so close to the event? Still have Dec 7 as the last day to cancel with refund.
    The Forum is a ghost town and the limited social media posts are blah and unexciting. I've watched the Aftermovie about 50 times to maybe spark some interest. haha. The event itself, while is always awesome, but it's hanging out with you muppets that makes it truly special.
    I know life is good when I hear the first "BOAT, BOAT!!" chant as I wander through the airport en route to FLL that immediately sparks new friendships over some beers with total strangers that invite you over because you're wearing a 70k. shirt--happens every year.

Chins up, stiff upper lip and all that. Those that can/will celebrate the holidays with family, friends, beer and metal--fuck'n giv'r.
    I'll be probably at work. :P
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    ollyhills
    Crewman

by ollyhills » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:27 am

Just consider this. They've had Havok and the E band who's name I can't remember long enough to design a poster, approve the poster, shop it around to magazines, have it printed in the magazines, and have those magazines out on sale. And in all this time they prefer to keep quiet and not tell us anything.

Also, I'd suggest that, at least were I to be buying ad space, I'd make sure to put every single band I had booked onto that poster. It would be stupid not to. So I guess, besides Havok and the E band, we really are waiting for them to book more last minute Napalm Deaths, Nekrogoblikons and Wintersuns.
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:53 am

Jaimie38 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:15 am As a crabby old vet, even I am getting nervous. Radio silence so close to the event?
    Yeah, the complete radio silence has me more than a little nervous, tbh. There's a part of me that wouldn't be surprised one bit to see some sort of "Due to circumstances beyond our control/Andy's health/etc., we regret to inform you that this year's 70K will be cancelled" message.

And then we all end up as part of a Netflix documentary about failed music festivals. ;)

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:12 pm

When will be announcements wtf?! Ok now Im mad
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:23 pm

Countdown clock ticked over to under 24 days to go.

Now officially have more bands left than days left!
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:29 pm

Are we gonna get a "Online Check-In for 70000TONS OF METAL 2020" post before the next band?
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Sat Dec 14, 2019 3:55 pm

Captain Alex wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 1:12 pm When will be announcements wtf?! Ok now Im mad
    I'm more disgusted than mad. After 8 years of 70K, this will most likely be our last. Tired of the bullshit.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:04 pm

Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:15 pm

Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Sat Dec 14, 2019 4:19 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Thu Dec 12, 2019 9:48 pm I'm resigned to it being 2015-bad for me.
    I'm feeling the same way. I got two wishlist in Wintersun and Haggard, happy about that. I'm not a huge fan but Emperor will be cool to see. Other than that there is nothing here I really give a fuck about. Sure there are some bands I like but nothing here is must see, I've seen all this shit many times and have no difficulty seeing.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:15 pm

Sailors!

Tomorrow (Tuesday) is 3 weeks to sailing!
    We've been uh....calm, sorta, these last few weeks. Ha ha
    But seriously starting to worry now.

Not sweating bullets yet, but geez...

E - elimination!
    E - give us the band now!
    E - eliminate this radio silence!
    E - Eliminate, Eliminate!

C'mon Skipper!
    Prrrrronto!

• metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Sun Dec 15, 2019 9:05 pm

Cardest wrote: Sun Dec 15, 2019 6:15 pm Sailors!

Tomorrow (Tuesday) is 3 weeks to sailing!
    We've been uh....calm, sorta, these last few weeks. Ha ha
    But seriously starting to worry now.

Not sweating bullets yet, but geez...

E - elimination!
    E - give us the band now!
    E - eliminate this radio silence!
    E - Eliminate, Eliminate!

C'mon Skipper!
    Prrrrronto!
    I notice that you have Vastum on your wish list , those guys are great , this is a link to a show they did in Oakland. :death:

https://youtu.be/Vi6N_AYttkQ
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Mon Dec 16, 2019 12:56 am

The amount of bitching here is too damn high
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
Post Reply 2037 posts