Post Reply 45 posts
Final 24 predictions
    cowboy71
    Commander

Final 24 predictions

by cowboy71 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:55 pm

UPDATE: Putting in BOLD the bits I've nailed so far.

SURELY the announcements will start up again in a few days (considering the cruise is practically only "a few days" away).

So - what do you think?

Based on our setlist speculation we've maybe got room for one more 75-minute band, 4 60 minute bands, and the rest 45 minute bands.

And remember we are BOUND to get probably 50% of bands from the Americas.

75 minutes
    Powerwolf (wishful thinking)

60 minutes
    Annihilator
    Death Angel
    Dimmu Borgir (although if they ever did play 70K they would probably be a headliner, yes?)
    Turilli/Leone Rhapsody

45 minutes
    Aeternam
    Allegaeon
    Ancient Bards
    Battlelore
    Beast in Black
    Civil War
    Edenbridge (because of the leak, even though they may NOT be on as it maybe why the long announcement break)
    Exit Eden
    Havok (because, leak)
    In This Moment
    Living Sacrifice
    No Raza (just because need a couple of south american bands)
    Novembers Doom
    Rumahoy
    The Skull
    Thy Antichrist (because, Americas)
    Torniquet
    Trouble (been a few years since they were last on, and the remainder is bound to be full of repeats and US bands)
    Valhalore
    Last edited by cowboy71 on Fri Jan 03, 2020 12:07 am, edited 2 times in total.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    PotatoPotahto
    Petty Officer

Re: Final 24 predictions

by PotatoPotahto » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:00 pm

Just gonna post the list that started this on the Unofficial 70,000 Tons of Metal Discord Server(Please join) https://discord.gg/gmKEjJ

The final 24 bands will be

Powerwolf
    Behemoth
    Ex Deo
    Orden Ogan
    Cannibal Corpse
    Death Angel
    Whispered
    Anaal Nathrakh
    Nightwish
    Alestorm
    Valhalore
    Amon Amarth
    Sabaton
    Monstrosity
    Cryptopsy
    Beast in Black
    Blind Guardian
    Testament
    Amaranthe
    Aeternam
    Annihilator
    Dimmu Borgir
    Melechesh
    and Turisas

In my dreams
    Give me Behemoth and I'll be ecstatic
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:24 pm

Mine:

Lamentos Ancestrales (El Salvador)
    Hekate (Taiwan)
    Age of Reborn (Columbia)
    Full Blown AIDS (USA)
    Suspiral (Spain)
    Loits (Estonia)
    Prophecy (Germany)
    Spawn of Annihilation (Mexico)
    Uluun (France)
    Hillbilly Nightmare (USA)
    Leash Eye (Poland)
    Deshumanized (Peru)
    Blunt (USA)
    Bergrizen (Ukraine)
    Nokthe (Italy)
    Aberrated (USA)
    Blood of Sokar (USA)
    Drescher (Austria)
    Père Lachaise (France)
    Celestial Stag (USA)
    Machinage (Brazil)
    Carnographer (USA)
    Widow Eyes (Canada)
    Digerdöden (Sweden)
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Sat Dec 14, 2019 6:42 pm

Draconian
    October Tide
    Novembers Doom
    Dimmu Borgir
    Mgla
    Satyricon
    Dios Disciples
    Living Sacrifice
    Pentagram
    Place of Sculls
    Advent Sorrow
    None
    Eternal Tears of Sorrow
    Judas Priest
    Ozzy Osbourne
    Exhumed
    Ex Deo
    Insomnium
    Blue Oyster Cult
    Savage Master
    Sleep
    A Pale Horse Named Death
    Harakiri For the Sky
    Thrown into Exile
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:00 pm

I don't have the time to toss one of these together at the moment, but these are some really nice looking lists. Wildly unrealistic, but nice looking nonetheless.

Seems very unlikely that there's a 75'er yet to come though. It would be completely unprecedented and remarkably illogical (even by Andy standards) to drop one this late in the game, and we already have four likely artists fighting over 3 slots (Emperor, Venom, Devin Townsend, and MSF). I suspect we'll get another 5-6 decent names (enough to light up the forums a bit), and a raft of lesser-known and unknown (but still potentially really cool) artists.
    Seventh.Wonder/Theocracy/The.Night.Flight.Orchestra/Draconian/My.Dying.Bride/Primordial/Turisas/Katatonia/Swallow.the.Sun/Eluveitie/Seven.Spires/Tyr/Soilwork/Helloween/Countless.Skies/Anaal.Nathrakh/Frozen.Crown/Sonata.Arctica/Powerwolf/Blind.Guardian/Avantasia/Within.Temptation/Aephanemer/Serenity/Saturnus/Moonspell/Scardust/The.Halo.Effect/Sabaton/Noumena/Sojourner/Dragony/Omnium.Gatherum/Soen/Paradise.Lost/Shape.of.Despair/Hamferd/Aether.Realm/Brothers.of.Metal/Dawn.of.Solace/Tribulation/Twilight.Force/Be'lakor/Wilderun/Beast.in.Black/Ensiferum/Serenity.in.Murder/Dimmu.Borgir/Amon.Amarth/Visigoth/Satyricon/Cradle.of.Filth/Unleash.the.Archers/Moonsorrow/Epica
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:03 pm

Danny24601 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:00 pm I don't have the time to toss one of these together at the moment, but these are some really nice looking lists. Wildly unrealistic, but nice looking nonetheless.

Seems very unlikely that there's a 75'er yet to come though. It would be completely unprecedented and remarkably illogical (even by Andy standards) to drop one this late in the game, and we already have four likely artists fighting over 3 slots (Emperor, Venom, Devin Townsend, and MSF). I suspect we'll get another 5-6 decent names (enough to light up the forums a bit), and a raft of lesser-known and unknown (but still potentially really cool) artists.
    This Î
  • Metaltrout
    Petty Officer

by Metaltrout » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:13 pm

I say add Mgla, My Dying Bride, Obsequiae and Draconian sail with 40 bands and be done with it.
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:24 pm

Metaltrout wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:13 pm I say add Mgla, My Dying Bride, Obsequiae and Draconian sail with 40 bands and be done with it.
    I always wanted to see My Dying Bride , but so far have not had the opportunity .
    Danny24601
    Petty Officer

by Danny24601 » Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:29 pm

Metaltrout wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:13 pm I say add Mgla, My Dying Bride, Obsequiae and Draconian sail with 40 bands and be done with it.
    Any one of those four would be enough for me to call it hella fine cruise. Well, at least Draconian (WITH HEIKE THIS TIME <3) or MDB, though both Mgla and Obsequiae would be highly appreciated.
    Seventh.Wonder/Theocracy/The.Night.Flight.Orchestra/Draconian/My.Dying.Bride/Primordial/Turisas/Katatonia/Swallow.the.Sun/Eluveitie/Seven.Spires/Tyr/Soilwork/Helloween/Countless.Skies/Anaal.Nathrakh/Frozen.Crown/Sonata.Arctica/Powerwolf/Blind.Guardian/Avantasia/Within.Temptation/Aephanemer/Serenity/Saturnus/Moonspell/Scardust/The.Halo.Effect/Sabaton/Noumena/Sojourner/Dragony/Omnium.Gatherum/Soen/Paradise.Lost/Shape.of.Despair/Hamferd/Aether.Realm/Brothers.of.Metal/Dawn.of.Solace/Tribulation/Twilight.Force/Be'lakor/Wilderun/Beast.in.Black/Ensiferum/Serenity.in.Murder/Dimmu.Borgir/Amon.Amarth/Visigoth/Satyricon/Cradle.of.Filth/Unleash.the.Archers/Moonsorrow/Epica
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:11 pm

The only proper response to the original question on this thread
    https://youtu.be/Qo7qoonzTCE
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:04 pm

deathmetalpat wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 9:11 pm The only proper response to the original question on this thread
    https://youtu.be/Qo7qoonzTCE

funny clip , I needed a good laugh .
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Sun Dec 15, 2019 1:16 am

I'm expecting around 8 more bands from 2015/2017. Overkill would be a cool add I haven't seen. Not my favorite band in the world but I've passed up so many chances to see them and they aren't getting any younger. With Haggard, Kampfar, and Moonsorrow already onbroad, I daresay nothing else could make me happier than I already am. Venom will probably headline. Sure they're far from popular around here but it doesn't look like Andy cares much about popularity, or even relevance, when choosing headliners. The big question is can we expect anymore power metal?
    2015: 6511
    2016: 7455
    2020: 3240
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Mon Dec 16, 2019 6:12 am

I'm just hoping for a handful of bands I enjoy like mgla, vader, gatecreeper, behexen, tsjuder, enisum, hypocrisy, kreator, obscura, taake, watain, wolves in the throne room. wishful thinking for most of them, but just two of those bands would be fine by me
    2020: Survivor
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:46 pm

Danny24601 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 7:00 pm I don't have the time to toss one of these together at the moment, but these are some really nice looking lists. Wildly unrealistic, but nice looking nonetheless.

Yep. And while I'd love for B.O.C. to be onbroad, I'm pretty sure Andy can't or won't meet their guarantee. :lol:
    ^^^ THAT, in a nutshell.... Assuming things haven't gone completely tits-up and we DO get 24 more announcements. This silence is getting quite disturbing.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    2015-2020; 2023-2024: Survivor
    2025: most likely
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:26 pm

He always comes through in the end. Try to sit back and enjoy the ride.
    2025:

2024 Gigs: Tyr&Trollfest-/-Korpiklaani-/-Firewind-/-Kamelot-/-Exhumed-/-AmonAmarth

Wishlist: AdornedBrood-/-Alestorm-/-Arcturus-/-Arkona-/-Arsis-/-Artension-/-BeastInBlack-/-Blackguard-/-BlackMessiah-/-Borknagar-/-Carcass-/-CarpathianForest-/-CircleIICircle-/-Crownshift-/-Cruachan-/-Cryptosis-/-Dalriada-/-DerWegEinerFreiheit-/-DimmuBorgir-/-Einherjer-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-Falconer-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Feuerschwanz-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Firewind-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Folkearth-/-Forefather-/-Gåte-/-Glittertind-/-Gorguts-/-Haggard-/-HarakiriForTheSky-/-Heidevolk-/-Isengard-/-JonOlivasPain-/-Kampfar-/-KingOfAsgard-/-KivimetsanDruidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Krisiun-/-LornaShore-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Metsatoll-/-Mithotyn-/-Moonsorrow-/-Moonspell-/-Necrophagist-/-Nightwish-/-OfTheWandAndTheMoon-/-Otyg-/-Primordial-/-RiotV-/-RottingChrist-/-Sabaton-/-Savatage-/-SevenSpires-/-Skalmold-/-Skiltron-/-Skyforger-/-Sodom-/-Solstafir-/-Spellblast-/-SpiritsOfFire-/-SteelPanther-/-Svartsot-/-Swashbuckle-/-Testament-/-TheBlackDahliaMurder-/-TheHaunted-/-Thorondir-/-Thyrfing-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Trollfest-/-Turisas-/-Tyr-/-Ulver-/-Varg-/-Verikalpa-/-Vintersorg-/-Warmen-/-Wintersun-/-Wolfchant
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:08 am

Jotunheimr wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:26 pm He always comes through in the end. Try to sit back and enjoy the ride.
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:24 am

Jotunheimr wrote: Mon Dec 16, 2019 11:26 pm He always comes through in the end. Try to sit back and enjoy the ride.
    There hasn't been anything to enjoy for a long time. People are mad. Let them be mad.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:42 am

Phoenix wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:24 am
    There hasn't been anything to enjoy for a long time. People are mad. Let them be mad.
    enjoy what ride? nothing is happening. If we were upset because we didn't like bands that were being announced that's one thing. but we're upset because we shelled out a ton of money and aren't even sure who we're seeing, that's stupid. Being a little irritated is justified.
    hypercube33
    Oiler

by hypercube33 » Tue Dec 17, 2019 8:23 am

>> If In This Moment is on the boat I'll take a dump in my hat
    Captain Alex
    Chief Petty Officer

by Captain Alex » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:26 am

cowboy71 wrote: Sat Dec 14, 2019 5:55 pm SURELY the announcements will start up again in a few days (considering the cruise is practically only "a few days" away).

So - what do you think?

Based on our setlist speculation we've maybe got room for one more 75-minute band, 4 60 minute bands, and the rest 45 minute bands.

And remember we are BOUND to get probably 50% of bands from the Americas.

75 minutes
    Powerwolf (wishful thinking)

60 minutes
    Annihilator
    Death Angel
    Dimmu Borgir (although if they ever did play 70K they would probably be a headliner, yes?)
    Turilli/Leone Rhapsody

45 minutes
    Aeternam
    Allegaeon
    Ancient Bards
    Battlelore
    Beast in Black
    Civil War
    Edenbridge (because of the leak, even though they may NOT be on as it maybe why the long announcement break)
    Exit Eden
    Havok (because, leak)
    In This Moment
    Living Sacrifice
    No Raza (just because need a couple of south american bands)
    Novembers Doom
    Rumahoy
    The Skull
    Thy Antichrist (because, Americas)
    Torniquet
    Trouble (been a few years since they were last on, and the remainder is bound to be full of repeats and US bands)
    Valhalore
    I see very optimistic names in this list but I can say if Powerwolf is announced It will change all te experience for me.. I would forgive everithing to UMC I've never seen them live and it would be awesome..

Dimmu Borgir would be a great announcement also and really like the setlist they lately have.. I dont know if thats possible as they've never been on the cruise

Talking about this kind of whishlist bands I should say for me It would be great to have Iced Earth, their last setlist tour is awesome the same as their last shows onboard but I dont know if its possible this year.. I havent check their agenda

Edenbridge have been very mencioned but thats a band I dont care about ..is a boring band for me.. It would be much better to have Evergrey for the E

To the guy who mencioned Nightwish I think that's not possible as they will be starting their new album's tour on next years spring, they will not be on tour around cruise dates and they never make exceptions to their agenda.. It was an astrological miracle that they decided to start their tour on the cruise on 2012, that was announced many months before the cruise, I dont think we will see that again
    Frozen Crown-Therion-Iced Earth-Dimmu Borgir-Stratovarius-Powerwolf-Nanowar of Steel-Alestorm-Wintersun-Lacuna Coil-Sabaton-Amaranthe-Dalriada-Kalmah-Skeletonwitch-Mago de Oz-LuciferianLightOrchestra-Scepticflesh
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:58 pm

Don't you see how stupid it is to complain about something you're willingly participating in? Nobody's being forced to go. Stay home if you're unhappy and the rest of us will have an amazing time as we always do. Don't ruin it for us.
    2025:

• metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:14 pm

Jotunheimr wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:58 pm
    Don't you see how stupid it is to complain about something you're willingly participating in? Nobody's being forced to go. Stay home if you're unhappy and the rest of us will have an amazing time as we always do. Don't ruin it for us.
    It is great that people can express their points of view , positive or negative , expressing freely and honestly does not ruin anything for anyone , people have their minds made up .
    You point out staying home , are you going to refund the people their thousands of dollars invested in this trip.
    There are certain expectations and they have not been met in a honest and transparent way.
    you seem to set the bar pretty low .
    little late to stay home now and lose all that money , unless as I say you are refunding all the money.
    At best this experience has been at least somewhat disappointing .
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:17 pm

metalforever wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 2:14 pm

It is great that people can express their points of view , positive or negative , expressing freely and honestly does not ruin anything for anyone , people have their minds made up .
    You point out staying home , are you going to refund the people their thousands of dollars invested in this trip.
    There are certain expectations and they have not been met in a honest and transparent way.
    you seem to set the bar pretty low .
    little late to stay home now and lose all that money , unless as I say you are refunding all the money.
    At best this experience has been at least somewhat disappointing .
    additional key point meeting expectations in a TIMELY MANNER !!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:25 pm

Jotunheimr wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:58 pm Don't you see how stupid it is to complain about something you're willingly participating in? Nobody's being forced to go. Stay home if you're unhappy and the rest of us will have an amazing time as we always do. Don't ruin it for us.
    He says, to the person who vocally is in fact not participating. Watch who you call stupid.

Look at the other threads. People are already saying it's BEEN ruined for them in part. They miss discovering bands beforehand, they miss listening to the new stuff. "We'll have an amazing time as we always do" isn't cutting it for a lot of people anymore. I personally think it's silly that people are saying that but still going this year, but I've been four times so I'm not judging them too hard for it.

And how is complaining going to ruin it for you, exactly? It's the internet. People vent here. It'll happen no matter what. It will not stop you from turning your phone off on broad and having a [good/bad/mediocre] time. Let people vent, it'll let them feel better.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:28 pm

Phoenix wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:25 pm
    Jotunheimr wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 1:58 pm Don't you see how stupid it is to complain about something you're willingly participating in? Nobody's being forced to go. Stay home if you're unhappy and the rest of us will have an amazing time as we always do. Don't ruin it for us.
    He says, to the person who vocally is in fact not participating. Watch who you call stupid.

Look at the other threads. People are already saying it's BEEN ruined for them in part. They miss discovering bands beforehand, they miss listening to the new stuff. "We'll have an amazing time as we always do" isn't cutting it for a lot of people anymore. I personally think it's silly that people are saying that but still going this year, but I've been four times so I'm not judging them too hard for it.

And how is complaining going to ruin it for you, exactly? It's the internet. People vent here. It'll happen no matter what. It will not stop you from turning your phone off on broad and having a [good/bad/mediocre] time. Let people vent, it'll let them feel better.
    I'm not calling anyone stupid and I'm sorry if I came across that way. It's the complaining thats stupid, not the complainer. There are so many people spending their hard-earned money on other fests including Wacken, MDF, Hellfest, etc instead of 70K because they're not happy with the way it's being run. More power to them. Would it not make more sense to just go to another fest if you're unhappy? That's like going to a sushi joint and complaining that they won't serve you a hamburger. Just go somewhere else.
    2025:

• metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:00 pm

Jotunheimr wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 9:28 pm
    Phoenix wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 3:25 pm

I'm not calling anyone stupid and I'm sorry if I came across that way. It's the complaining thats stupid, not the complainer. There are so many people spending their hard-earned money on other fests including Wacken, MDF, Hellfest, etc instead of 70K because they're not happy with the way it's being run. More power to them. Would it not make more sense to just go to another fest if you're unhappy? That's like going to a sushi joint and complaining that they won't serve you a hamburger. Just go somewhere else.
    For 2020 ------------70000 Tons there is zero refund available because it is after December 7, so going to the other festivals at this time is not a viable option , people are allowed to present different points of view freely, they are aware of the other festivals as options, but does not help with the current 70000 Tons Festival that is a final sale right now , no refunds to be able to attend another festival. Thankfully people are approaching the current festival issues from different perspectives ,everyone's unique point of view is helpful to perhaps have positive changes for the 70000 Tons Festival moving forward.
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Dec 18, 2019 7:12 am

metalforever wrote: Tue Dec 17, 2019 11:00 pm For 2020 ------------70000 Tons there is zero refund available because it is after December 7, so going to the other festivals at this time is not a viable option , people are allowed to present different points of view freely, they are aware of the other festivals as options, but does not help with the current 70000 Tons Festival that is a final sale right now , no refunds to be able to attend another festival. Thankfully people are approaching the current festival issues from different perspectives ,everyone's unique point of view is helpful to perhaps have positive changes for the 70000 Tons Festival moving forward.
    It is not that difficult to understand, is it? Well, apparently for some people it is.
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    toby
    Midshipman

by toby » Wed Dec 18, 2019 9:54 am

Just sent in my ticket requests for a couple shows of tour packages that have gaps that would fit the boat.

Hydraform/Exhorder/Overkill
    Art of Shock/Crowbar/Sacred Reich/Sepultura
    Survivor 2019,2020,2023,2024/Wishlist...
    A.Sound.Of.Thunder/Accept/Ad.Infinitum/Aether.Realm/Alabama.Thunderpussy/Amaranthe/Anthrax/Arch.Enemy/Art.Of.Anarchy/At.The.Gates/Avantasia/Avatar/Burning.Witches/Cattle.Decapitation/Cemetery.Skyline/Corrosion.Of.Conformity/Crowbar/Dark.Tranquillity/Death.Angel/Death.Dealer.Union/Deathless.Legacy/Devin.Townsend/Dragony/Dream.Theater/Edguy/Elegant.Weapons/Eluveitie/Ensiferum/Exhorder/Exodus/Fates.Warning/Goatwhore/Haken/Hammerfall/Havok/Helloween/Hellscore/Jinjer/Kerry.King/King.Diamond/King's.X/Kobra.and.the.Lotus/Lacuna.Coil/Mercyful.Fate/Meshuggah/Metal.Church/Moonspell/Mors.Principium.Est/Myrath/Napalm.Death/Ne.Obliviscaris/Nekrogoblikon/Northern.Kings/Opeth/Orphaned.Land/Overkill/Paradise.Lost/Persefone/Powerwolf/Queensryche/Rage/Raven/Ravenous.EH/Riot.V/Sabaton/Scardust/Scorched.Moon/Seven.Spires/SIGH/Skiltron/Solemn.Vision/Sonata.Arctica/Soto/Stratovarius/Subway.to.Sally/Suicidal.Tendencies/Svartsot/Symphony.X/Testament/The.Black.Dahlia.Murder/The.Hu/The.Unity/Tribunal/Trouble/Twilight.Force/Unleash.The.Archers/Van.Canto/Within.Temptation
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:24 pm

Don't you see how stupid it is to complain about something you're willingly participating in? Nobody's being forced to go.
    Uh, in point of fact, anyone who has already booked 70K IS being forced to go. No refunds available now whatsoever. Either you go on the cruise, or you waste all that cash.
    Stay home if you're unhappy and the rest of us will have an amazing time as we always do. Don't ruin it for us.
    I'm not so much "unhappy" as disgusted. The lineup is fairly decent for me, as-is. But, to be clear, THERE IS NO EXCUSE for what we're seeing here. I realize that it's become "par for the course" for 70K, but this year in particular has been a shit-show, and the slow sales are indicative of that.
    2025 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Bloodbath--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Countless.Skies--Cynic--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dark.Tranquillity--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Evergrey--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fires.In.the.Distance--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Hypocrisy--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Ryujin--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Scorched.Moon--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfchant--Yyrkoon
    bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:06 pm

Pellaz wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:24 pm but this year in particular has been a shit-show, and the slow sales are indicative of that.
    And yet, unfortunately, it is very close to selling out. Damn, we don't learn...
    Wishlist:
    Ad.Infinitum--Aephanemer--Alestorm--Anthriel--AVANTASIA--Axxis--
    Battle.Beast--Beast.in.Black--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--BEYOND.THE.BLACK--Borealis--BORKNAGAR--Brymir--Caligula's.Horse--CHAOSBAY--Countless.Skies--Crowne--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DragonForce--Dream.Theater--Eclipse.(Sweden)--ELECTRIC.CALLBOY--Ensiferum--Evergrey--FEUERSCHWANZ--Fractal.Gates--Freedom.Call--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Hei'an--Helloween--In.Mourning--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--MERCENARY--Moonsorrow--Ne.Obliviscaris--Orden.Ogan--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--PYRAMAZE--SABATON--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Skeletoon--SOEN--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Tremonti--Trollfest--Unleash.The.Archers--VISIONS.OF.ATLANTIS--VOLA--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wilderun--Wintersun

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2023, 2024: Survivor

Unofficial 70K User Guide: https://70kguide.wordpress.com
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:25 pm

bodomdragon wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:06 pm
    Pellaz wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:24 pm but this year in particular has been a shit-show, and the slow sales are indicative of that.
    And yet, unfortunately, it is very close to selling out. Damn, we don't learn...
    THIS. OOOOOH SO THIS :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:58 am

Pellaz wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:24 pm
    Don't you see how stupid it is to complain about something you're willingly participating in? Nobody's being forced to go.
    Uh, in point of fact, anyone who has already booked 70K IS being forced to go. No refunds available now whatsoever. Either you go on the cruise, or you waste all that cash.
    not only that, if there were refunds available, good luck getting refunded on your airline ticket and hotel stay.
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:59 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 3:25 pm
    I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't manually marking some categories as sold out, just for the hype factor. "Cabins going fast! Get booked sooooooon!"
    It will also make it a bit more believable when the cruise "sells out" right before sailing. :lol:
    2025 Wishlist:
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:53 pm

Pellaz wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:59 pm
    I wouldn't be surprised if they aren't manually marking some categories as sold out, just for the hype factor. "Cabins going fast! Get booked sooooooon!"
    It will also make it a bit more believable when the cruise "sells out" right before sailing. :lol:
    70k runs concert and sales promotions ,they also have 10 years of cruise data that shows everything.Sales less than 30 ,less than 60 dates etc.
    They also have marketing and salespeople as probably the vast majority of employees.
    Some here is a basic Marketing 101

It’s 4:45 ,you market closes at 5 and you have 10 apples on the shelves and 5 customers.You know each customer buys only 1 Apple when there are are perceived scarcity of Apples,but waits if there are an oversupply.
    The shopkeeper takes 7 apples off the shelf,leaves 3 if one customer buys an Apple he replaced it leaving 3 Apples and 4 customers,then waits until 3 out of the 4 buy an Apple.When the last customer asks if he has any more Apples,he checks and says “I found one more ,you want it” ,then with all the customers gone he looks like he sold out but still has 5 Apples.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Dec 19, 2019 9:34 pm

deathmetalpat wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:53 pm
    Pellaz wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:59 pm
    70k runs concert and sales promotions ,they also have 10 years of cruise data that shows everything.Sales less than 30 ,less than 60 days etc.
    They also have marketing and salespeople as probably the vast majority of employees.
    Some here is a basic Marketing 101

It’s 4:45 ,you market closes at 5 and you have 10 apples on the shelves and 5 customers.You know each customer buys only 1 Apple when there are are perceived scarcity of Apples,but waits if there are an oversupply.
    The shopkeeper takes 7 apples off the shelf,leaves 3 if one customer buys an Apple he replaced it leaving 3 Apples and 4 customers,then waits until 3 out of the 4 buy an Apple.When the last customer asks if he has any more Apples,he checks and says “I found one more ,you want it” ,then with all the customers gone he looks like he sold out but still has 5 Apples.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
  • Jotunheimr
    Midshipman

by Jotunheimr » Mon Dec 23, 2019 2:16 am

Pellaz wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 2:24 pm Uh, in point of fact, anyone who has already booked 70K IS being forced to go. No refunds available now whatsoever. Either you go on the cruise, or you waste all that cash.
    I see your point but this isn't the first time that this has happened. I've only been cruising since 2015 but I seem to remember this same radio silence happening every year, at least since then. Newbie cruisers might not know that our skipper likes to drag things out between announcements, sure, but the people who do know this and choose to keep attending hardly have anyone to blame but themselves. For those of us who are naive enough to blindly trust him to deliver an excellent lineup without knowing the full roster (myself included), we know what we are getting ourselves into. For those are aren't, then maybe this isn't the fest for you, especially if you have the means to save a lot of money and spare yourself the stress and anxiety by attending another fest. Just my two cents worth.
    2025:

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 3:13 am

My main issue.

It didn't start off like this.

The first cruise was ON POINT compared to later cruises. We knew 39 of the anticipated 40 bands by Christmas!

And EVEN though announcements started the previous december, EVEN though there were 40 bands not 60, the longest period without an announcement was, wait for it .... 35 days! The amount of time in fact that we have currently gone without an announcement this year!

Every year I hope for a return to the "good old days". Every year I am disappointed :|
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Mon Dec 23, 2019 8:48 am

Seems Ex-Deo are getting ready to make an announcement.
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
  • jafo
    Wiper

by jafo » Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:30 am

Yeah, the lack of information is pretty indefensible. I was on the first three cruises plus Barge to Hell and was fully paid for the 2014 cruise, but got fed up with the poor communication and ate the $250 cancellation fee that year.

I came back in 2019 & enjoyed it, but, like the rest of you can’t understand why Andy acts this way towards his loyal customers. I decided to come back again in 2020 as I expected Andy would do something extra special for year 10, but this is definitely the last one for us.
    2011-13: Survived
    BTH: Survived
    2014: Canceled
    2015-18: Abandoned Ship
    2019: Returned
    2020: Final Sailing
  • jafo
    Wiper

by jafo » Mon Dec 23, 2019 11:53 am

I make my first ever post, and within minutes Andy breaks radio silence and announces Edenbridge. Coincidence? You’re all welcome! :P
    2011-13: Survived
    BTH: Survived
    2014: Canceled
    2015-18: Abandoned Ship
    2019: Returned
    2020: Final Sailing
Post Reply 45 posts