Post Reply 2037 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2020 Megathread
  • progsteph
    Crewman

Re: The Cruise I Remember

by progsteph » Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:39 am

Oh and now: why not Machine Head with burn my eyes?!!!! that would be amazing ...but also just dreaming....
    2017 survivor
    2018 survivor
    2020 survivor

Wishlist: Avatarium/Blind Guardian/Behemoth/Dimmu Borgir/Dream Theater/In Flames/Lacuna Coil/Machine Head/Oceans of Slumber/Paradise Lost/Savatage/Slayer/Stratovarius/Vanden Plas/Vuur/Zeal&Ardor
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:41 am

I would probably rule Power Trip out because the boys from Power Trip RUN that festival, so I couldn't see them skipping out to do 70K for the 4 days prior to their own festival, given all the logistics involved in running a festival.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • LoudStonedDrunk
    Oiler

by LoudStonedDrunk » Wed Jan 01, 2020 11:37 am

blasthead wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:32 am
    LoudStonedDrunk wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:25 am
    blasthead wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:23 am POWER TRIP!!!!!

Also book RAZOR, CARCASS and RED DEATH!

Pretty sure they're already booked for shows during cruise time
    Nope, no dates until Jan 11th in Dallas with Vio-lence at that show poster I posted. Same goes for Carcass, Razor and so if we got Vio-lence on the boat the bands I mentioned could all be potentials. Red Death have dates during the boat time frame...
    That could work logistically. I guess ibsaw the 11th and assumed cruise time but fuck man power trip would be amazing. I missed them at psycho
  • arivera14
    Oiler

by arivera14 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:42 pm

progsteph wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:39 am Oh and now: why not Machine Head with burn my eyes?!!!! that would be amazing ...but also just dreaming....
    It would be awesome Logan Mader is part of Once Human and Machine "Fucking" Head :shred:

:bangers: :bangers:
  • arivera14
    Oiler

by arivera14 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:46 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 10:41 am I would probably rule Power Trip out because the boys from Power Trip RUN that festival, so I couldn't see them skipping out to do 70K for the 4 days prior to their own festival, given all the logistics involved in running a festival.
    All right what about "P" ossessed? Is there any chance... :death:
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:03 pm

Wow probably not much money left to book bands and The Cripper bands usually represents bands from all over the World.Interesting to see what happens with the last 9 announcements.But 9 more USA bands?That would be an insanely high amount.The best thing about this cruise for USA people was it brought in so many bands that didn’t do USA tours or only a very few shows.Really glad I skipped this year but I have to admit Emperor is a really missing out.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Seventy Thousand Churches

by Andy » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:14 pm

Prepare to be POSSESSED at Sea and witness the malfeasance of the 70000 Churches of the apocalypse while you bask under the glowing Caribbean sun.

We can't wait to have all of you Sailors on broad for Round X, it's like a Heavy Metal Family reunion! 70000TONS OF METAL 2020 begins in just a few days, it's time to "S"tart counting the hours...

cowboy71
    Commander

Re: Seventy Thousand Churches

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:31 pm

OH LOOK *GASP*

Another US band.

This is just getting ridiculous now.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:41 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:31 pm OH LOOK *GASP*

Another US band.

U S band yes, but very talented at least , will see at least 1 set , Legendary band :shred:
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer

by Gratch » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:44 pm

Another US band.

You’re expecting something different at this point?
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
  • arivera14
    Oiler

by arivera14 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:47 pm

Andy wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:14 pm Prepare to be POSSESSED at Sea and witness the malfeasance of the 70000 Churches of the apocalypse while you bask under the glowing Caribbean sun.

We can't wait to have all of you Sailors on broad for Round X, it's like a Heavy Metal Family reunion! 70000TONS OF METAL 2020 begins in just a few days, it's time to "S"tart counting the hours...

Thank you Andy !!!! From San José, Costa Rica 🇨🇷🤘🏻🇨🇷

cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:51 pm

Gratch wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:44 pm

Another US band.

You’re expecting something different at this point?
    Well I had kinda hoped that Andy had a few non US bands booked long ago up his sleeve! But yeah at this point it seems unlikely.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:14 pm

Andy wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:14 pm Prepare to be POSSESSED at Sea and witness the malfeasance of the 70000 Churches of the apocalypse while you bask under the glowing Caribbean sun.

Striker! Skullfist!
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
  • Ultramagnetikk
    Wiper

by Ultramagnetikk » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:31 pm

arivera14 wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:42 pm

It would be awesome Logan Mader is part of Once Human and Machine "Fucking" Head :shred:

Was. hasn't been since 1997, and I don't think Rob Flynn likes him anymore.
  • Ultramagnetikk
    Wiper

by Ultramagnetikk » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:35 pm

Another US band.

what's with the excess focus on the region? as others have said earlier, part of the fun of a festival is seeing bands you never get to see. well, I can safely attest that I've never seen or had the opportunity to see Possessed and they were a bucket lister for me. a band being European doesn't correlate to exclusivity. It depends on who it is.

I'd get the complaints if this was a band like Cannibal Corpse or Obituary who I can see twice a year every year, but it's not. meanwhile, I've seen people here publicly clamoring for Behemoth, which ok yeah, they're Polish, and yeah, I like them, but they aren't exactly hard to catch live (I saw them about 4 or 5 times in 2 years).
    Jephi
    Oiler

by Jephi » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:39 pm

Does Possessed still share members with Sadistic Intent? If so and the next band announced is Sadistic Intent I’m gonna laugh. (But also be happy.)
    2012 * BTH * 2015 * 2016 * 2017 * 2020
  • arivera14
    Oiler

by arivera14 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:42 pm

Any chance for Machine "Fucking" Head what do you think guys??

🇨🇷🤘🏻🇨🇷

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6wI3LjVR2xU
  • DudeBro
    Oiler

by DudeBro » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:43 pm

Jaimie38 wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:14 pm

Striker! Skullfist!
    Either would be awesome! I've only managed to see Skull Fist once, years ago!
    S:2015, 2020

Airbourne + Babymetal + Crystal Viper + Dethklok + Enforcer + Eternal Champion + Grand Magus + Hell + Slough Feg + Magic Circle + Nekrogoblikon + Powerwolf + Stormwarrior + Sumerlands + The Sword + Visigoth
  • Ultramagnetikk
    Wiper

by Ultramagnetikk » Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:57 pm

deathmetalpat wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:03 pm Wow probably not much money left to book bands and The Cripper bands usually represents bands from all over the World.Interesting to see what happens with the last 9 announcements.But 9 more USA bands?That would be an insanely high amount.The best thing about this cruise for USA people was it brought in so many bands that didn’t do USA tours or only a very few shows.Really glad I skipped this year but I have to admit Emperor is a really missing out.
    Vio-lence are American, barely tour at all outside of festivals. never seen them.
    Possessed are American, pretty much have exclusively done festivals the last few years. never seen them.
    Whiplash are American, barely play any shows at all, other than one-offs and festivals. never seen them.
    Toxik are American, don't play many shows at all. never seen them.
    November's Doom are American, they play festivals and one-off shows, no extensive tours - never seen them

Carach Angren are from the Netherlands, and have frequently come through the States. not hard to see.
    Orphaned Land are Israeli, and they just did two tours (albeit shorter ones) in the States in 2017-2018
    Omnium Gatherum are Finnish, and they have toured the US multiple times since 2014
    Grave Digger are German and I managed to see them about three times in two years in the States
    Aborted are Belgian and they have frequently toured the US since 2005
    At the Gates are Swedish and I saw them 4 or 5 times in two years in the States

Obviously cherry-picked examples but the assumption that European band = band we never get to see, and US band = band we see all the time is flawed. also, a lot of the overseas bands this year have been disappointing, outside of Emperor, Candlemass, Kampfar, and Aborted.
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:08 pm

Ultramagnetikk wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:57 pm
    deathmetalpat wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 1:03 pm Wow probably not much money left to book bands and The Cripper bands usually represents bands from all over the World.Interesting to see what happens with the last 9 announcements.But 9 more USA bands?That would be an insanely high amount.The best thing about this cruise for USA people was it brought in so many bands that didn’t do USA tours or only a very few shows.Really glad I skipped this year but I have to admit Emperor is a really missing out.
    Vio-lence are American, barely tour at all outside of festivals. never seen them.
    Possessed are American, pretty much have exclusively done festivals the last few years. never seen them.
    Whiplash are American, barely play any shows at all, other than one-offs and festivals. never seen them.
    November's Doom are American, they play festivals and one-off shows, no extensive tours - never seen them

Carach Angren are from the Netherlands, and have frequently come through the States. not hard to see.
    Orphaned Land are Israeli, and they just did two tours (albeit shorter ones) in the States in 2017-2018
    Omnium Gatherum are Finnish, and they have toured the US multiple times since 2014
    Grave Digger are German and I managed to see them about three times in two years in the States

Obviously cherry-picked examples but the assumption that European band = band we never get to see, and US band = band we see all the time is flawed. also, a lot of the overseas bands this year have been disappointing, outside of Emperor, Candlemass, Kampfar, and Aborted.
    Exactly!
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:12 pm

Problem for us aussies is that the money-making tours down under are predominantly death and thrash.

We are getting Cattle Decap and Revocation, and Sacred Reich and Vio-lence already next month. These type of bands tour Australia all the time. If I knew that was all 70k was gonna book this time around I would have stayed home.

And its not necessarily the VOLUME of the US bands, its the fact that it is ALL WE HAVE GOT for the last month of announcements. At least mix it up. 2011 we got a similar percentage of US bands, but not 20 one after the other!

The way its going with American band after American band, makes it look like there was no plan at all for the 2020 festival and they are just grabbing any band they can get hold of willing to do 70K at short notice.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:13 pm

Ultramagnetikk wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:31 pm
    arivera14 wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 12:42 pm

Was. hasn't been since 1997, and I don't think Rob Flynn likes him anymore.
    Logan Mader toured with Machine Head in Europe this past fall doing the "Burn My Eyes" portion of the set. They go out in North America a week or so after the boat returns. He may not be a current member, but is part of this touring cycle. I think Rob is fine with him.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
    2014: Survivor
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2023: Survivor
    2024: Survivor
    BtH(2012): Survivor
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:15 pm

Jephi wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:39 pm Does Possessed still share members with Sadistic Intent? If so and the next band announced is Sadistic Intent I’m gonna laugh. (But also be happy.)
    Not anymore, as far as I recall.
    1914-Abbath-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-Alestorm-AmonAmarth-Amorphis-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-AnnekeVanGeirsbergen/VUUR-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlindGuardian-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Candlemass-CarpenterBrut-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-CravenIdol-Cruachan-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DeathAngel-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DevinTownsend-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-Dyscarnate-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-EsotericUK-Evocation-Exodus-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Feral-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-HoodedMenace-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-Incantation-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-KingGoat-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LacunaCoil-LegionOfTheDamned-LIK-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Manegarm-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-MiseryIndex-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-Necrot-NovembersDoom-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-Overkill-PagansMind-Panopticon-Perturbator-Portal-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-PowerTrip-Prong-Queensryche-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Sanctuary-Saor-Sarke-Saturnus-Satyricon-Saxon-Schammasch-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-SkeletalRemains-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vemod-Vio-Lence-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vreid-WakeTheDead-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

• deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:17 pm

3 out of those 5 are repeats if you count BTH
    November’s Doom is a repeat of both.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
  • progsteph
    Crewman

by progsteph » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:30 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:12 pm Problem for us aussies is that the money-making tours down under are predominantly death and thrash.

We are getting Cattle Decap and Revocation, and Sacred Reich and Vio-lence already next month. These type of bands tour Australia all the time. If I knew that was all 70k was gonna book this time around I would have stayed home.

And its not necessarily the VOLUME of the US bands, its the fact that it is ALL WE HAVE GOT for the last month of announcements. At least mix it up. 2011 we got a similar percentage of US bands, but not 20 one after the other!

The way its going with American band after American band, makes it look like there was no plan at all for the 2020 festival and they are just grabbing any band they can get hold of willing to do 70K at short notice.
    Exactly. No real mix. its really strange - i thought there actually was a plan to it - especially being the 10th time cruise.
    And i hoped its gonna mix up as it usually does...

The issue is that a lot of people had to pay much more this cruise. for me the flights were more than double the price, hotel before and after the cruise also more expensive. im not sure if avoiding the superbowl made so much sense now.
    Because the flights must be much more expensive for non-US-bands too right? so close to new years.
    so they don't book too much of them, otherwise its gonna be crazy expensive. Bad planning?
    Still: they have the possibility to book more diverse bands and they ...well they did not so much i would say :(
    2017 survivor
    2018 survivor
    2020 survivor

Wishlist: Avatarium/Blind Guardian/Behemoth/Dimmu Borgir/Dream Theater/In Flames/Lacuna Coil/Machine Head/Oceans of Slumber/Paradise Lost/Savatage/Slayer/Stratovarius/Vanden Plas/Vuur/Zeal&Ardor
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Wed Jan 01, 2020 3:31 pm

Depends on where in the US you live in. Not ever part of the US gets those European bands making local stops as often as you mention. The East Coast, Chicago & LA get most tours. Not everywhere else in the country. Out of the 6 European bands you mentioned, only ATG & OG have played in my market in the last few years.

cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:31 pm

Possessed is a nice add to the boat. Glad I get the chance to see them live
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 4:53 pm

I wish Shining from Norway would play on the boat, with their 10th anniversary of Blackjazz. We will have Jørgen Munkeby already on the boat, he will be playing with Emperor/Ihsahn. This I know from the very Jørgen himself
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
  • Andy
    THE SKIPPER

Are You A Winner?

by Andy » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:07 pm

Do you play to win? STRIKER certainly does, and they'll be playing on broad Round X of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise! Once on our outbound voyage to beautiful Cozumel and again on the way back.

There's no better place in the "W"orld to start off the new year than the Caribbean sea on board our 154,000ton colossus of a ship, we can't contain our excitement!

Danny24601
    Petty Officer

Re: Are You A Winner?

by Danny24601 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:15 pm

Andy wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:07 pm Do you play to win? STRIKER certainly does, and they'll be playing on broad Round X of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise! Once on our outbound voyage to beautiful Cozumel and again on the way back.

There's no better place in the "W"orld to start off the new year than the Caribbean sea on board our 154,000ton colossus of a ship, we can't contain our excitement!

This cruise is hefty with dad rock, though Striker is dad rock I muchly approve of.

If this is Wilderun I'll screech.
    Seventh.Wonder/Theocracy/The.Night.Flight.Orchestra/Draconian/My.Dying.Bride/Primordial/Turisas/Katatonia/Swallow.the.Sun/Eluveitie/Seven.Spires/Tyr/Soilwork/Helloween/Countless.Skies/Anaal.Nathrakh/Frozen.Crown/Sonata.Arctica/Powerwolf/Blind.Guardian/Avantasia/Within.Temptation/Aephanemer/Serenity/Saturnus/Moonspell/Scardust/The.Halo.Effect/Sabaton/Noumena/Sojourner/Dragony/Omnium.Gatherum/Soen/Paradise.Lost/Shape.of.Despair/Hamferd/Aether.Realm/Brothers.of.Metal/Dawn.of.Solace/Tribulation/Twilight.Force/Be'lakor/Wilderun/Beast.in.Black/Ensiferum/Serenity.in.Murder/Dimmu.Borgir/Amon.Amarth/Visigoth/Satyricon/Cradle.of.Filth/Unleash.the.Archers/Moonsorrow/Epica
  • Downvod
    Midshipman

by Downvod » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:28 pm

Danny24601 wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:15 pm
    Andy wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:07 pm Do you play to win? STRIKER certainly does, and they'll be playing on broad Round X of 70000TONS OF METAL, The Original, The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise! Once on our outbound voyage to beautiful Cozumel and again on the way back.

This cruise is hefty with dad rock, though Striker is dad rock I muchly approve of.

If this is Wilderun I'll screech.
    Same here. It’s a way to stick to the current streak of American bands, and still offer something very exciting and different.
    70k 2016: Cabin 7279
    70k 2017: Cabin 6361
    70k 2018: Cabin 1704
    70k 2019: Cabin 1402
    70k 2020: Cabin 9220
    70k 2023: Cabin 1704
    70k 2024: Cabin 1688

Abbath-/-AEPHANEMER-/-Aetherian-/-Alestorm-/-Allegaeon-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Andy.Gillion-/-Animals.as.Leaders-/-Annihilator-/-Arkona-/-Armageddon-/-Arsis-/-Ashes.of.Ares-/-Battlecross-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Belzebubs-/-Beyond.Creation-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-BLIND.GUARDIAN-/-Bloodbath-/-Bloodred.Hourglass-/-BORKNAGAR-/-Brymir-/-Carcass-/-Children.of.Bodom-/-Conjurer-/-The.Crown-/-Cthonic-/-Dalriada-/-Dark.Funeral-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Death.Angel-/-Death.to.All-/-Decapitated-/-Demonic.Resurrection-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Destruction-/-DGM-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dragonlord-/-Enslaved-/-Equilibrium-/-ETERNAL.TEARS.OF.SORROW-/-Evocation-/-Finsterforst-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Galactic.Empire-/-Ghoul-/-Gojira-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Heidevolk-/-Hypocrisy-/-Iced.Earth-/-Immortal-/-Inferi-/-IN.MOURNING-/-Insomnium-/-In.Vain-/-Irreversible.Mechanism-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Kreator-/-Kvelertak-/-Lovebites-/-Manegarm-/-Mastodon-/-Melechesh-/-Midnight-/-MGLA-/-Myrkur-/-Naglfar-/-Necrophagist-/-Necrophobic-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Night.Demon-/-Nile-/-Obscura-/-Old.Man's.Child-/-Onslaught-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Powerglove-/-Power.Trip-/-Psycroptic-/-Rage-/-Refuge-/-Revocation-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Septicflesh-/-Solution.45-/-Swallow.the.Sun-/-SYMPHONY.X-/-TAAKE-/-Tankard-/-Testament-/-TRIBULATION-/-Uada-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vader-/-Vallenfyre-/-Vektor-/-Warbringer-/-Watain-/-Winterfylleth-/-Winterhymn-/-WITCHERY-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
    PotatoPotahto
    Petty Officer

by PotatoPotahto » Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:31 pm

I'm okay with Striker but this W better finally be fucking WHISPERED!!
    Give me Behemoth and I'll be ecstatic
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:03 pm

W
    +
    Thrash Metal
    +
    America
    +
    Dad Rock
    =
    Wrathchild America
    :lol:
    They were great ,don’t know if they are actively playing but they teased playing together.Shannon Larkin could do a one off and play with them as well.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
  • DudeBro
    Oiler

by DudeBro » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:11 pm

PotatoPotahto wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 7:31 pm

I'm okay with Striker but this W better finally be fucking WHISPERED!!
    Striker is the first band I've been excited about in awhile. Whispered would keep that going for me!
    S:2015, 2020

Airbourne + Babymetal + Crystal Viper + Dethklok + Enforcer + Eternal Champion + Grand Magus + Hell + Slough Feg + Magic Circle + Nekrogoblikon + Powerwolf + Stormwarrior + Sumerlands + The Sword + Visigoth
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:22 pm

Here Skipper. Allow me to help you out. You seem to have forgotten that there are a world of countries OUTSIDE of North America where bands ALSO come from.

I've drawn you a picture in the hopes that it jogs your memory. See the circled blue bit? Bands come from out there too:

Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
    Sgt. B
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Sgt. B » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:31 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:22 pm Here Skipper. Allow me to help you out. You seem to have forgotten that there are a world of countries OUTSIDE of North America where bands ALSO come from.

I've drawn you a picture in the hopes that it jogs your memory. See the circled blue bit? Bands come from out there too:

“Please welcome this Italian thrash band, this South African thrash band & this Australian thrash band ...”

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:38 pm

Andy, if the W is Wilderun I will promise to stop calling you a Doodoohead behind your back.*

*For two hours.
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • BearWithNoName
    Oiler

by BearWithNoName » Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:43 pm

cowboy71 wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 8:22 pm Here Skipper. Allow me to help you out. You seem to have forgotten that there are a world of countries OUTSIDE of North America where bands ALSO come from.

Thank you cowboy, I laughed so hard I spit vodka on my keyboard! :heavydrink:
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:01 pm

Fun fact:
    Sgt. B has 13 bands from his 209 bands wishlist, or 6%
    I have 8 bands out of 80, or 10%
    The official wishlist has 17 bands out of 102, or 17%.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:07 pm

Godflesh wrote: Wed Jan 01, 2020 9:01 pm Fun fact:
    Sgt. B has 13 bands from his 209 bands wishlist, or 6%
    I have 8 bands out of 80, or 10%
    The official wishlist has 17 bands out of 102, or 17%.
    And I have 1 band from the 52 bands on my wishlist, or 2%

:cry:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2025 Wishlist
Post Reply 2037 posts