Locked 94 posts
Will this sell out immediately ???
    HitemHard
    Oiler

Re: Will this sell out immediately ???

by HitemHard » Mon May 17, 2010 4:56 pm

I've heard that its about 50% sold already I wonder how close it is to being accurate.
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Ventura<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Mon May 17, 2010 4:57 pm

HitemHard wrote:I've heard that its about 50% sold already I wonder how close it is to being accurate.

Sell out!? Hell, they won't even take our money! :lol: :lol: :lol:
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

Vet of 2011,12,14,15,16
    vainglory
    Petty Officer

by vainglory » Mon May 17, 2010 5:00 pm

If you look under the pricing section under the "more info" tab on the main website you can see which rooms are sold out. Predictable the least expensive are already gone but there are still plenty of rooms left.
    onenight
    Midshipman

by onenight » Sat May 22, 2010 7:25 am

This won't sell out anytime soon, they're taking too long to announce the bands. Even though it's a killer lineup already, most of it's thrash metal, which is fine with me but there are alot of people that don't care for that type of metal. There's not enough variety yet.

Need some black metal and some more power metal.
    2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sat May 22, 2010 8:34 am

Judging by the current lineup it's not gonna attract many more people from Europe to be honest because most of those bands play nearly every fucking festival in Europe.I guess as someone has said they probably for the most part have the same tour manager appointed to them who has strong connections with most of the metal festivals in Europe.
    But i seriously don't think now that a lot of europeans will want to pay the price for the cruise + the flights to America for what is considered a boring and bland lineup in Europe considering they can pay a lot less to see most at a festival for about 60-100 euro in Europe.
    They really need to put a few rarer bands or just big bands who don't play so often on if they want to ensure a lot more european customers.
    The cruise will probably sell out either way considering the fact that a lot of these band performances don't happen anywhere near as often for people in the states.
    Chopper
    Petty Officer

by Chopper » Sat May 22, 2010 11:52 am

Lets rephrase this post, as it has not sold out immediately. When is the question? It should sell out, with only 2000 tickets, but then again I thought it would have sold out in March.

I agree with the post above, its taking too long to release bands. 2 bands in April, 1 this month. Thats not cutting it...Do the math.

We all need some good news this week.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat May 22, 2010 12:09 pm

Metalwrath wrote:Judging by the current lineup it's not gonna attract many more people from Europe to be honest because most of those bands play nearly every fucking festival in Europe.I guess as someone has said they probably for the most part have the same tour manager appointed to them who has strong connections with most of the metal festivals in Europe.
    But i seriously don't think now that a lot of europeans will want to pay the price for the cruise + the flights to America for what is considered a boring and bland lineup in Europe considering they can pay a lot less to see most at a festival for about 60-100 euro in Europe.
    They really need to put a few rarer bands or just big bands who don't play so often on if they want to ensure a lot more european customers.
    The cruise will probably sell out either way considering the fact that a lot of these band performances don't happen anywhere near as often for people in the states.

Yeah, I've actually been amazed at how many people from parts of the world that already get great festivals have booked for this thing. I thought it would attract primarily North Americans that never get to see 40 bands over 4/5 days. Honestly, I suspect most of the rest of the line up to disappoint you further in this regard. With all the festivals you've been to, you've kind of spoiled yourself rotten already. I hope ya get at least a few more pleasant surprises though. For me, it's already likely to be the greatest thing I've ever experiences, or maybe ever will.
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sat May 22, 2010 1:00 pm

I'll still enjoy watching a fair amount of the bands playing and i've already paid fully for my cabin.Even if not for the bands it will still be a great experience but for the likes of myself and many other Europeans it's a pretty crap lineup so far.
    I'm really hoping that they book some American bands that don't play in Europe much or ever.It's one of the reasons i booked the cruise in the first place because there are a lot of great Heavy metal bands from America.Unforutunaly they aren't as big as Testament and co.
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue May 25, 2010 3:54 pm

Metalwrath wrote:I'll still enjoy watching a fair amount of the bands playing and i've already paid fully for my cabin.Even if not for the bands it will still be a great experience but for the likes of myself and many other Europeans it's a pretty crap lineup so far.
    I'm really hoping that they book some American bands that don't play in Europe much or ever.It's one of the reasons i booked the cruise in the first place because there are a lot of great Heavy metal bands from America.Unforutunaly they aren't as big as Testament and co.

As an American who had never been to Europe, the more Europeans bands the better. Too many bands that play all the fests you have access to never have a chance to get over here. So I'm hoping they are able to get bands like Hail of Bullets, My Dying Bride, Bolt Thrower, Hollenthon, Bloodbath, Dismember, God Dethroned, Grave, etc.

What US bands are you looking for? Personally I can't think of anything else (off the top of my head) besides Autopsy, Immolation, Morbid Angel and Nevermore that would make me all wet and giggly. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Wed May 26, 2010 4:51 am

Jag Panzer,Virgin Steele,Cage,Iced Earth,Symphony X,Ruthless,Obsession,Verbel Deception,Winters Bane,The Reign of Terror etc.
    Can't remember most of the bands at the moment.But yeah there's a fuck load of great American Heavy metal bands from the 80's too.
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed May 26, 2010 5:00 am

Metalwrath wrote:Jag Panzer,Virgin Steele,Cage,Iced Earth,Symphony X,Ruthless,Obsession,Verbel Deception,Winters Bane,The Reign of Terror etc.
    Can't remember most of the bands at the moment.But yeah there's a fuck load of great American Heavy metal bands from the 80's too.

:shock: I'm so not into that "type of metal" that I heard of most of those bands but never even realized they were from the US. :lol:

Hopefully Doro & Joey Demaio conceive a child on this cruise and create the "Ultimate Metal Baby". That will be worth it for ya :P
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    jassiak
    Crewman

by jassiak » Wed May 26, 2010 6:08 am

onenight wrote:
    Need some black metal and some more power metal.

I vote for the power metal ones - and actually agree with Metalwrath ... Iced Earth or some others from states would make my day. :shred: However some more european bands would be nice as well.
    I can see clearly now, a painful vision indeed
    An attack on hallowed ground, from high above
    Alien to us, the species known as man
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Wed May 26, 2010 7:27 am

Metalwrath wrote:Verbel Deception

Yeah these guys are my buddies from here in Calgary. They likely won't be doing anything for a long while.
    Combination of writer's block, side projects, and member disputes has kind of put them on the shelf.
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

• Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Wed May 26, 2010 7:54 am

viathyn wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:Verbel Deception

Yeah these guys are my buddies from here in Calgary. They likely won't be doing anything for a long while.
    Combination of writer's block, side projects, and member disputes has kind of put them on the shelf.

Ah that sucks.I always thought the majority of the members were from the states.
Locked 94 posts