Locked 94 posts
Will this sell out immediately ???
  • KevinP
    Commander

Will this sell out immediately ???

by KevinP » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:17 pm

Holy mother of god, I didn't hear about this until Blabbermouth just posted this yesterday (03/11/10).

I'm in Orlando, so getting there won't be cost prohibitive.

Is this one of those things that will sell out immediately the day you can book cabins? Just needed to prepare myself mentally for any potential disappointment.

:deathmetal: :deathmetal: :deathmetal:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Chopper
    Petty Officer

Re: Will this sell out immediately ???

by Chopper » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:43 am

the pre reg. sales ended 2/28. So I was told they were going on sale soon after for the public, but you might want to call and ask the exact date or maybe now you can buy it, if they are not on sale to the public now, im sure they are going to hammered when it does and im sure it will sell out.
  • audrey
    Petty Officer

by audrey » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:45 am

KevinP wrote:Holy mother of god, I didn't hear about this until Blabbermouth just posted this yesterday (03/11/10).

I'm in Orlando, so getting there won't be cost prohibitive.

Is this one of those things that will sell out immediately the day you can book cabins? Just needed to prepare myself mentally for any potential disappointment.

:deathmetal: :deathmetal: :deathmetal:

I really hope that it doesn't sell out before I get a cabin! **ANXIETY!*
    My husband called, but they aren't selling to the public yet.
    AlestormHail of Bullets/Asphyx/11th HourTurisasDark FortressDying FetusVomitoryHeidevolkArkonaDeeds of FleshImmortalAura NoirKalmahInsomniumWarbringerHoly GrailHavokEvileAnthraxMoonsorrowAmorphisUnleash The ArchersTriptykonThyrfingStormlordSatyriconPrimordialNaglfarEntombedWintersunEnslavedAbortedLeaves EyesPrimal FearManegarmVreidKampfar
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:03 am

KevinP wrote:Will this sell out immediately???

Affirmative.

I talked with the booking agents yesterday and they told me that they sold the last of the less expensive cabins on Thursday,. That is the one i am booked in Also they sold out of a level of Ocean Villas as well.

The whole event will be sold out within a week of the Public on sales so I would not hesitate and get your plans made up QUICK before they go on sale because they have only announced 13 bands and this is going to be something that nobody wants to miss. First of its kind from US to Carribean side of Mexico...And one HELL of a party.

Good luck to everyone who are thinking of going .. Hope to see you on board. :viking:
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:27 am

The ocean view was sold out several weeks ago i think?
    Not surprised that the cheapest cabins have also sold out.
    It seems that a lot of people like myself pregistered.I only did it on the offchance that i'd go but ended up booking a cabin shortly after the presale was announced.
    The main factors you gotta remember about this is the fact that it's in AMerica.Much bigger population than any other European country so you have a much higher demand for the cruise along with the fact that it's exclusive to only 2000 people.
    Alos from experiences from metal cruises in other countries that are only for 24 or 48 hours they sell out well in advance.
    Best best is to keep checking to see when the public sales start and book immediatly.
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Mar 13, 2010 6:52 am

It is only showing that Ocean View I being sold out at this time.

Did they not update the main site yet ???
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:29 am

I'd say they are finalising the rest of the presales and will probably wait till it goes on public sales before they update the situation with the cabins.
    Zeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Zeh » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:00 am

I don't believe the immediate sold out, but in terms that only the most expensive will last in a week when the public sales come.

For me, more than 1000 bucks is sold out. Glad I've already booked mine @ deck 2 :D
    -----------------
    Zeh
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:04 am

As far as i know my drinking base is on deck 3.
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Mar 13, 2010 8:52 am

Zeh wrote: For me, more than 1000 bucks is sold out. Glad I've already booked mine @ deck 2 :D

What does that mean ???
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:40 am

I think he' means that ones less that cabins less than 1k are sold out and just worded it wrong maybe.
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:28 am

Yeah ok well I was probably exaggerating a bit on the 1 week because a 3,000 cabin won't be selling out within one week. hehe
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    CharleneThrashes
    Petty Officer

by CharleneThrashes » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:47 pm

I am hoping that I will be able to find out about this the moment that it comes available since I am following the updates in every possible way. This is a once-in-a-lifetime for my husband and I. We have been saving money like crazy for 2 years for some kind of honeymoon (didn't have a chance for one 3 years ago) , and then THIS comes along. My marriage depends on this! Well, maybe not entirely, but tears will be shed if we miss it. We live in KY and, like many of you, never have any chance of seeing these bands in the states. Hell, I have never seen an ocean in my life. Whining over, fingers crossed haha.

70000 Tons of Metal Onboard Success: Take Fucking 2! Divorce
    kept me from the last one, but I won't take "no" for an answer this time.
    GhostMemory
    Crewman

by GhostMemory » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:49 pm

CharleneThrashes wrote:Hell, I have never seen an ocean in my life.

That's unfortunate. I often forget that living on an island makes visiting the beach so much easier.
    2011: CABIN #6526
    2012: CABIN #8074
    2013: AWOL
    2014: AWOL

Current mood: Just ate a pinecone...
    CharleneThrashes
    Petty Officer

by CharleneThrashes » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:53 pm

GhostMemory wrote:

That's unfortunate. I often forget that living on an island makes visiting the beach so much easier.

With any luck and timing, that will change.
    Living on an island must be amazing. It is easy for my husband and I to take for granted the surrounding forests and their beauty at times also.

GhostMemory
    Crewman

by GhostMemory » Sat Mar 13, 2010 12:55 pm

CharleneThrashes wrote:
    GhostMemory wrote:

With any luck and timing, that will change.
    Living on an island must be amazing. It is easy for my husband and I to take for granted the surrounding forests and their beauty at times also.

Well, the UK is a fairly big island and I live about 70 miles inland, but yeah, it's nice to just have a fairly short drive down to the nearest beach. But of course there are many things that I have not seen also, despite being fairly well traveled.
    2011: CABIN #6526
    2012: CABIN #8074
    2013: AWOL
    2014: AWOL

Current mood: Just ate a pinecone...
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:10 pm

CharleneThrashes wrote:I am hoping that I will be able to find out about this the moment that it comes available since I am following the updates in every possible way. This is a once-in-a-lifetime for my husband and I. We have been saving money like crazy for 2 years for some kind of honeymoon (didn't have a chance for one 3 years ago) , and then THIS comes along. My marriage depends on this! Well, maybe not entirely, but tears will be shed if we miss it. We live in KY and, like many of you, never have any chance of seeing these bands in the states. Hell, I have never seen an ocean in my life. Whining over, fingers crossed haha.

As a fellow metal brother i hope you manage to get on this cruise.
    Zeh
    Chief Petty Officer

by Zeh » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:12 pm

KevinP wrote:
    Zeh wrote: For me, more than 1000 bucks is sold out. Glad I've already booked mine @ deck 2 :D

What does that mean ???

Rephrasing, more than 1k bucks is too expensive for me. I think the cheapest cabins will be sold-out instantly.
    -----------------
    Zeh
    CharleneThrashes
    Petty Officer

by CharleneThrashes » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:14 pm

Metalwrath wrote:
    CharleneThrashes wrote:I am hoping that I will be able to find out about this the moment that it comes available since I am following the updates in every possible way. This is a once-in-a-lifetime for my husband and I. We have been saving money like crazy for 2 years for some kind of honeymoon (didn't have a chance for one 3 years ago) , and then THIS comes along. My marriage depends on this! Well, maybe not entirely, but tears will be shed if we miss it. We live in KY and, like many of you, never have any chance of seeing these bands in the states. Hell, I have never seen an ocean in my life. Whining over, fingers crossed haha.

Thank you, truly. We hope to finally see some of our metal family members as they do not really exist anywhere near us.

• Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:27 pm

Sorry to hear that.
    From all my travels i have true metal family from all over the world.
    I'm sure you will be able to do the same on this trip
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:29 pm

Metalwrath wrote:Sorry to hear that.
    From all my travels i have true metal family from all over the world.
    I'm sure you will be able to do the same on this trip

Me too!!!!!! I have metal family in UK, Ireland, Sweden, Norway, Germany, Holland and Aus. as well as Portugal and Spain...
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:33 pm

Well I hope you get to come! We wish you well in your quest! I really like Kentucky. But would not want to live in the Midwest. I am an ocean, mountains, lakes, rivers, fjords kind of man. :) We have all that up here in Washington and so much more.
  • audrey
    Petty Officer

by audrey » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:44 pm

CharleneThrashes wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:

Thank you, truly. We hope to finally see some of our metal family members as they do not really exist anywhere near us.

Yes! Good luck sister! Send some luck our way too please :D
    Hope to see you all aboard the METAL SHIP!
    :metalguy:
    AlestormHail of Bullets/Asphyx/11th HourTurisasDark FortressDying FetusVomitoryHeidevolkArkonaDeeds of FleshImmortalAura NoirKalmahInsomniumWarbringerHoly GrailHavokEvileAnthraxMoonsorrowAmorphisUnleash The ArchersTriptykonThyrfingStormlordSatyriconPrimordialNaglfarEntombedWintersunEnslavedAbortedLeaves EyesPrimal FearManegarmVreidKampfar
    CharleneThrashes
    Petty Officer

by CharleneThrashes » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:51 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:

Well I hope you get to come! We wish you well in your quest! I really like Kentucky. But would not want to live in the Midwest. I am an ocean, mountains, lakes, rivers, fjords kind of man. :) We have all that up here in Washington and so much more.

I have always felt drawn to Washington or the New England states, yet we remain here for now. Thanks for the well-wishes!

CharleneThrashes
    Petty Officer

by CharleneThrashes » Sat Mar 13, 2010 2:54 pm

As a fellow metal brother i hope you manage to get on this cruise.[/quote]

Thank you, truly. We hope to finally see some of our metal family members as they do not really exist anywhere near us.[/quote]

Yes! Good luck sister! Send some luck our way too please :D
    Hope to see you all aboard the METAL SHIP!
    :metalguy:[/quote]

I'm rooting for you as well! We will both succeed come hell or high seas!

TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:02 pm

CharleneThrashes wrote:
    TOM CRUISE wrote:

I have always felt drawn to Washington or the New England states, yet we remain here for now. Thanks for the well-wishes!
    your quite welcome. so far it seems like a very nice and respectable crowd of Metalheads!! :)
    CharleneThrashes
    Petty Officer

by CharleneThrashes » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:18 pm

Naturally, of course. :)

bangers
    Chief Petty Officer

by bangers » Sat Mar 13, 2010 3:32 pm

never seen the ocean??????????????
    omg talk about sheltered haha nah jj
    def. once in a lifetime trip.
    looks like there are still tickets out there as we woulda heard by now if its sold out
    what does KY stand for Kentucky?
    Winging it in the west (Western Australia that is)
    Room 3612
    Black Metal - The best metal - Emperor FOREVER
    CharleneThrashes
    Petty Officer

by CharleneThrashes » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:43 pm

bangers wrote:never seen the ocean??????????????
    omg talk about sheltered haha nah jj
    def. once in a lifetime trip.
    looks like there are still tickets out there as we woulda heard by now if its sold out
    what does KY stand for Kentucky?

I kid you not! Never, not once.
    Well, does a glance at Chesepeake Bay count? And yep, it is for good ol' Kentucky.
    You also give me hope in saying that it shouldn't be sold out. I can't afford the captain's quarters or what have you, but anything non-ocean view should be within our reach. I'd throw the money down this instant if possible, but have to hope my timing is right when the time comes, whenever that may be.

bangers
    Chief Petty Officer

by bangers » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:55 pm

having a ocean view room is not worrth the money.
    we arent gunna be in our rooms for most of the trip, and when we get back into our rooms we'll be that pooped we'll just fall into bed, ready to do it all again the next day
    Room 3612
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:57 pm

bangers wrote:having a ocean view room is not worrth the money.

yup. its nice to have a private bathroom. That is the only thing I will use my room for. :lol:

Oh and room service breakfast in the morning to try and cure my hangovers
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:04 pm

Call me spoiled but I've done 3 cruises, had a balcony 2 of those times and it was totally worth it. People say you never spend time in your room, but I like having breakfast outside in the morning, leaving the door open at night for the sound of the ocean and the feeling of openess when I was in and out during the day.

The only time I had an inside room was for a 3 day and thankfully it wasn't longer as I would have gone stir crazy without a window/door.

This time around there will be so many bands to see I can see how you might not even be conscious when you get back to the room at night. But I'm not a drinker or gambler, so I'm usually awake more than others.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:22 pm

Well i could have spoiled myself but thought "Why waste my money"? I had a lower interior room on the cruise I took in 2008 and if I wanted to have breakfast with fresh air and a view of the ocean, I could take it to the sun deck or upper deck.
    CharleneThrashes
    Petty Officer

by CharleneThrashes » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:29 pm

I swear if it were humanly possible to sleep on the propellers or anything of the sort, I would do so.

• KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:40 pm

TOM CRUISE wrote:Well i could have spoiled myself but thought "Why waste my money"? I had a lower interior room on the cruise I took in 2008 and if I wanted to have breakfast with fresh air and a view of the ocean, I could take it to the sun deck or upper deck.

That requires EFFORT and leaving your room though (and potentially a shower). LOL
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    CharleneThrashes
    Petty Officer

by CharleneThrashes » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:45 pm

I'm all about any pennies saved and we don't mind any effort involved. My number one goal is to not have cabin roomies simply because we are trying to make this our EXTRA belated honeymoon. I know a lot of you can get where I am coming from. Horns/fingers crossed!

TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:47 pm

KevinP wrote:
    TOM CRUISE wrote:Well i could have spoiled myself but thought "Why waste my money"? I had a lower interior room on the cruise I took in 2008 and if I wanted to have breakfast with fresh air and a view of the ocean, I could take it to the sun deck or upper deck.

That requires EFFORT and leaving your room though (and potentially a shower). LOL

not on a metal cruise it doesn't I will go up there in my camo shorts and a metal shirt my hair looking like a brillo pad from hell. I have the energy and effort. I will be using the gym on the ship and probably jogging at some point. But I said that before and I was drunk the entire cruise. :lol: My vacation will be the one day before the cruise in Miami and the 2 days after the cruise in Miami...
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:51 pm

CharleneThrashes wrote:I'm all about any pennies saved and we don't mind any effort involved. My number one goal is to not have cabin roomies simply because we are trying to make this our EXTRA belated honeymoon. I know a lot of you can get where I am coming from. Horns/fingers crossed!

Well, lets hope for a miracle!! I was lucky, I got in on the pre booking and then they have a payment plan so I threw down 261 bucks and the next payment is April 15th. Then the cruise is 1/2 paid for!

I plan to use my frequent flyer miles for the airfare to Miami.......

This cruise is going to be a blast. It really IS like everyone has VIP. Because there is no VIP on the cruise and the bands will be hanging out and doing the tourist thing in Cozumel right along with us.......... It's going to be wild and crazy and I must remember to pace myself. :lol:
    CharleneThrashes
    Petty Officer

by CharleneThrashes » Sat Mar 13, 2010 5:56 pm

Damn, I can't get this off my mind. Wish I had heard about the pre-sale but as the saying goes : Wish in one hand and shit in the other to see which one fills up faster.
    Since we have saved for 2 years we can put it all down for any of the 2 cabins. Now the booze money and getting a flight there (*note, I haven't ever been in a plane or anything of the sort either) will be wingin' it!

Pace/schmace. My only goal (other than getting a ticket for us in the first place) is to A) survive and B) remember something/anything.

bangers
    Chief Petty Officer

by bangers » Sat Mar 13, 2010 7:13 pm

Ring up then!! quickly haha
    Room 3612
Locked 94 posts