Post Reply 4744 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2014 Megathread
    mindgrind
    Petty Officer

Re: It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year!

by mindgrind » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:54 am

Onenight was that the Amish at the saw mill, or duck dynasty moving in next door, ether way you had more going on at your place then this page.... :lol: :P happy new year bro
    2019 - Deck 2
    2018 - Deck 10
    2017 - Deck 7
    2016 -
    2015 - Deck 9
    2014 - Deck 4
    2013 - Deck 3
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 6
    2011 - Deck 7
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:43 am

Firewoks=NICKELBACK.

You're welcome

:beerwink:
    8 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:02 pm

No, no we're on a Heavy Metal Cruise not on the Love-Boat. :shred:
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board 2020!
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:03 pm

Jaimie38 wrote:Firewoks=NICKELBACK.

You're welcome

If so, I hope they start with Animals so I can get a nap during the rest of their set.
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Wed Jan 01, 2014 12:09 pm

meshuggah wrote:
    Jaimie38 wrote:Firewoks=NICKELBACK.

You're welcome

If so, I hope they start with Animals so I can get a nap during the rest of their set.

Could be a alternative. :lol:
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board 2020!
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:52 pm

Andy wrote:Sailors, there is something on the horizon... 70000TONS OF METAL, Round 4 of The World's Biggest Heavy Metal Cruise!

Almost 9 months since he posted this and we still have 15 bands unannounced

Yayyyyyyyyyy

i am rollin' with it. Because soon we will be traveling to Miami with or without 40 bands on the bill. Will we ever know ? Time will tell because those flipping FIREWORKS were Duds. Andy my brother.
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019 Cabin-6218- Barge to hell -2012
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 4:57 pm

Comparison between the 4 cruises, in January:

2011 - 39 bands announced. Circle II Circle, Arsis, and The Absence complete the lineup 10 day prior to sailing.

2012 - 35 bands announced. Edguy, Sapiency, Vicious Rumors, Massacre added in early January. Candlemass/Megora/Diamond Plate complete lineup 3 days prior to sailing

2013 - 30 bands announced. Ektomorf/Inquisition/Lizzy Borden/Holy Grail added early Jan. Threat Signal/Nightmare/Anaal Nathrakh/Etecc/Steel Engraved/Fatal Smile/Cryptosy added 3 days prior to sailing

2014 - 25 bands announced.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:44 pm

Also, if history serves as a guide, the chances of an announcement today are low.

Even when we had a shit-ton of bands still to be added last year, we had to wait until the 4th when Ektomorf got added.

So yeah I imagine everyone at UMC would be nursing hangovers and not working today.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
    Chris
    Petty Officer

by Chris » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:03 pm

If history serves as a guide, chances of an announcement on any day are low. :P
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:05 pm

Let's see no special guest mentioned so far
    No all star jam mentioned
    No pool girls

delayed or non existing fireworks (whatever that comment meant)

This is no way to say good-bye to the Majesty ... don't get me wrong , I know I will have a good time - have on all the other cruises - just wondering what is wrong this time :cheers: :beerhorns: :givebeer:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:13 pm

DragonLordJones wrote: just wondering what is wrong this time :cheers: :beerhorns: :givebeer:

What is wrong, is that we've all lowered our expectations significantly this time around, and Andy is trying his hardest to fail to meet them. :lol:

Too harsh? :?
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:39 pm

DragonLordJones wrote:Let's see no special guest mentioned so far
    No all star jam mentioned
    No pool girls
    :

Glad there's no pool girls. I took the description of them to mean we didn't have to worry about bringing our own sunscreen up to the deck, and it was like pulling teeth sometimes to get a handful of lotion.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:16 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Comparison between the 4 cruises, in January:

2011 - 39 bands announced. Circle II Circle, Arsis, and The Absence complete the lineup 10 day prior to sailing.

2012 - 35 bands announced. Edguy, Sapiency, Vicious Rumors, Massacre added in early January. Candlemass/Megora/Diamond Plate complete lineup 3 days prior to sailing

2013 - 30 bands announced. Ektomorf/Inquisition/Lizzy Borden/Holy Grail added early Jan. Threat Signal/Nightmare/Anaal Nathrakh/Etecc/Steel Engraved/Fatal Smile/Cryptosy added 3 days prior to sailing

Further to that, this is the breakdown by country of origin:

2011 - 3 USA
    2012 - 3 USA, 2 Germany, Sweden, Switzerland
    2013 - 3 USA, 2 Canada, 2 Germany, 1 Hungary, 1 UK, 1 France, 1 Sweden

I think it is fair to say that of the 15/16/17 remaining bands, there will be AT LEAST 3 US bands, at least 2 Canadian bands, a couple German, at least one Finnish, at least one dutch, one Swiss, maybe another UK band (or two), perhaps an Italian band.

So yeah - that's how I reckon its gonna play out :) Please note the above may or may not constitute bands that I know about that are rumoured to be on broad :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
  • Mindcrime
    Petty Officer

by Mindcrime » Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:30 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    DragonLordJones wrote: just wondering what is wrong this time :cheers: :beerhorns: :givebeer:

What is wrong, is that we've all lowered our expectations significantly this time around, and Andy is trying his hardest to fail to meet them. :lol:

Too harsh? :?

Not harsh at all. After the "non-Christmas" announcement. (A peek in your stocking implys that there is more in there and one would think you would get to see the rest on Christmas) I shouldn't have been suprised at the New Year's letdown. Unless something will still come tonight which I doubt. Is it maybe his handling of the English Language? At least in the Americanized version if you question if something will happen "perhaps" before the end of the year in this context- people expect something to happen. I know with a lot of the Germans I have known, relatives and otherwise, their meaning often gets lost or distorted when they speak it in English. I have actually come to expect it with the people I know but hadn't thought about it being a possibility with Andy till these last two incidents.
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:38 am

I feel like a submissive slave in a dungeon and andy is the dominant BSDM and were his whipping post. :)
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019 Cabin-6218- Barge to hell -2012
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:49 am

cowboy71 wrote:What is wrong, is that we've all lowered our expectations significantly this time around, and Andy is trying his hardest to fail to meet them.

I'd say he's doing great in that respect. Kudos to the Skipper. :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:07 am

:lol:
    Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mr.Kito » Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:34 am

cowboy71 wrote:
    cowboy71 wrote:Comparison between the 4 cruises, in January:

Further to that, this is the breakdown by country of origin:

2011 - 3 USA
    2012 - 3 USA, 2 Germany, Sweden, Switzerland
    2013 - 3 USA, 2 Canada, 2 Germany, 1 Hungary, 1 UK, 1 France, 1 Sweden

I think it is fair to say that of the 15/16/17 remaining bands, there will be AT LEAST 3 US bands, at least 2 Canadian bands, a couple German, at least one Finnish, at least one dutch, one Swiss, maybe another UK band (or two), perhaps an Italian band.

So yeah - that's how I reckon its gonna play out :) Please note the above may or may not constitute bands that I know about that are rumoured to be on broad :P

Nice line of thought... but I would bet 2 or 3 Finnish bands... don't know why, but I think we will have more finnish bands.
    Wishlist:Accept-After.Forever-Alestorm-Almah-Amorphis-Angra-Annihilator-Cradle.Of.Filth-Children.Of.Bodom-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-DSO-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Eluveitie-Evergrey-Final.Disaster-Gloryhammer-Gotthard-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Jinjer-Kreator-Mors.Principium.Est-Nervosa-Nightwish-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Queensryche-Rammstein-Sabaton-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Shaman-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-Tarot-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2016, 2017, 2019- :(
    2020- SOON
    RIP Andre Matos
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:46 am

Yeah no Canadian bands yet. I'm thinking Sacrifice and Annihilator.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:49 am

It's about time we got Gorguts onbroad.
    Wishlist:
  • mfrap
    Petty Officer

by mfrap » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:50 am

At least we are getting announcements now. No point complaining anymore. Its less than a month and the silence has been broken.
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:51 am

I will go with Anvil and Sacrifice and a Jeff Waters jam
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:51 am

Memnoch wrote:It's about time we got Gorguts onbroad.

They already said no :cry: but we'll see.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:07 am

Are there any other good death metal bands hailing from Canada? Hmm, maybe we could get Cryptopsy again?
    Wishlist:
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:11 am

Memnoch wrote:Are there any other good death metal bands hailing from Canada? Hmm, maybe we could get Cryptopsy again?

Couldn't bring myself to get into them, the vocals kill it for me. Here I'll post some bands, see if you like any. I'm never really sure if you will like a band or not (I'm guessing you don't like Kataklysm :mrgreen: )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7qrGk_SJNg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0MkJtI3FvU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfTSesADKDU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEUTlyRVZjM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MM94mzCQI-8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDeKMhf6ptU
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:16 am

I'd love to see Borealis. Not exactly death metal though :D but Canadian...
    Wishlist:
    ALLEGAEON--Amaranthe--Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Devin.Townsend.Project--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--Dream.Theater--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Epica--Fleshgod-Apocalypse--Fractal.Gates--Gamma.Ray--Gloryhammer--Haken--HELLOWEEN.REUNION--In.Vain--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--MOONSORROW--MORS.PRINCIPIUM.EST--NE.OBLIVISCARIS--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--Onslaught--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Power.Quest--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--Soilwork--Stratovarius--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Teramaze--Therion--Unisonic--Unleash.the.Archers--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Witherscape

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor
  • mfrap
    Petty Officer

by mfrap » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:21 am

Bring Unexpect back on board and I'll be ecstatic. :beerbang:
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:22 am

There's a bunch of still relatively small bands out west here that are starting to get noticed that I would love to have on. Striker, Order Of Chaos, Scythia, Kobra And The Lotus, Unleash The Archers.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Emily
    Crewman

by Emily » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:31 am

Did a quick search and didn't see anything posted about this. I was doing some looking around today, and it appears we will have company in Costa Maya. The Carnival Legend is scheduled to be there from 8am until 4pm.

http://www.cruisetimetables.com/visitingcostamayamexico-29jan2014.html

Personally, as long as there is a warm beach and beer, I'm happy. I do feel for those who voted for it over the other ports hoping we'd have it all to ourselves.
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:43 am

Apparently we wouldn't have had Turks and Caicos all to ourselves anyways.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:45 am

Stained Class wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:Are there any other good death metal bands hailing from Canada? Hmm, maybe we could get Cryptopsy again?

Couldn't bring myself to get into them, the vocals kill it for me. Here I'll post some bands, see if you like any. I'm never really sure if you will like a band or not (I'm guessing you don't like Kataklysm :mrgreen: )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7qrGk_SJNg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v0MkJtI3FvU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfTSesADKDU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEUTlyRVZjM
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MM94mzCQI-8
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDeKMhf6ptU

Screw Archspire - those dudes are absolute pricks and can quite frankly just eat my ass and balls. Augury is pretty awesome though and worth checking out.

LOL Dallas that breakdown of bands announced at this time of year every cruise - oh my word. I don't even know where to begin to comment on it. Trying my best to bite my lip (well fingers I guess) and refrain. Curious what next year will be like :roll:
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
  • mfrap
    Petty Officer

by mfrap » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:47 am

Augury would be great! :headbanger:
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:48 am

:lol: Yeah Archspire are pretty ridiculous, at least the singer for sure is an asshole. I thought he was hilarious on stage though.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:54 am

Yeah, no love for Kataklysm (especially after the last album).

Fuck, I totally forgot Beneath the Massacre, Augury, Martyr and Neuraxis were from Canuckia. Not familiar with Archspire, but I'm liking what I'm hearing. Oh, yeah, Beyond Creation too.
    Bring them all onbroad! :lol:

Moar Canuck tech death = moar betterer
    Wishlist:
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:06 am

Stained Class wrote::lol: Yeah Archspire are pretty ridiculous, at least the singer for sure is an asshole. I thought he was hilarious on stage though.

I was talking to the guitarist with Cody and Boyko when we were at Armstrong Metalfest - he was a complete asshole to all of us, 70,000 Tons of ego. I was also very unimpressed with the way the vocalist was prancing around on stage for like five minutes with his balls out and pushed up to show the crowd.
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:14 am

vikingbitch wrote:
    Stained Class wrote::lol: Yeah Archspire are pretty ridiculous, at least the singer for sure is an asshole. I thought he was hilarious on stage though.

I was talking to the guitarist with Cody and Boyko when we were at Armstrong Metalfest - he was a complete asshole to all of us, 70,000 Tons of ego. I was also very unimpressed with the way the vocalist was prancing around on stage for like five minutes with his balls out and pushed up to show the crowd.

ic ic. That sucks, I hate when guys like that have egos like that. It's not like they're a big band yet.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:26 am

Azazel101 wrote:I will go with Anvil and Sacrifice and a Jeff Waters jam

Sword - A reunion playing Metalized LP
    metal4ever
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:18 am

c'mon Andy book 'em already ... and announce them :lol: :cheers: :beerhorns:
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:22 am

DragonLordJones wrote:Image

c'mon Andy book 'em already ... and announce them :lol: :cheers: :beerhorns:

That would be fuckin' awesome.
    Wishlist:
    ALLEGAEON--Amaranthe--Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Devin.Townsend.Project--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--Dream.Theater--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Epica--Fleshgod-Apocalypse--Fractal.Gates--Gamma.Ray--Gloryhammer--Haken--HELLOWEEN.REUNION--In.Vain--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--MOONSORROW--MORS.PRINCIPIUM.EST--NE.OBLIVISCARIS--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--Onslaught--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Power.Quest--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--Soilwork--Stratovarius--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Teramaze--Therion--Unisonic--Unleash.the.Archers--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Witherscape

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:26 am

Isn't one of their members busy during the cruise, so we got Victory in stead?
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
Post Reply 4744 posts