Post Reply 3601 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2015 Megathread
  • User avatar
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1765
    Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:35 am
    Location: Fond du Lac/Beaver Dam, Wisconsin
    Contact:

    Re: New VENOM Album World Premiere Onbroad!

    by Azazel101 » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:27 pm

    How about VoiVod for cyber Monday?
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1672
    Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:07 am
    Location: Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
    Contact:

    Re: New VENOM Album World Premiere Onbroad!

    by bodomdragon » Tue Dec 02, 2014 1:45 am

    So no Christmas Calendar, no Cyber Monday announcement, nearly 50% of the lineup to be announced... I just wish this cruise had at least one serious competitor that forced Andy to actually care about the way he does things.
    Wishlist:
    Signs of life.

    2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor
  • User avatar
    Dimma
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 263
    Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:25 pm

    Re: New VENOM Album World Premiere Onbroad!

    by Dimma » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:15 am

    FrenchMachoBoy wrote:Will we have 29 scouting parties before the departure ?


    There will be definitely be 29 cancellations.
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
  • User avatar
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 4802
    Joined: Mon May 03, 2010 10:03 pm
    Location: Hellsinki, Funland
    Contact:

    Re: New VENOM Album World Premiere Onbroad!

    by Memnoch » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:34 am

    Come on guys, this all just adds to the anticipation! They know how to keep the customers on their toes. :P
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1672
    Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:07 am
    Location: Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
    Contact:

    Re: New VENOM Album World Premiere Onbroad!

    by bodomdragon » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:50 am

    Memnoch wrote:Come on guys, this all just adds to the anticipation! They know how to keep the customers on their toes. :P

    You're so damn right, I take back what I said. Andy, please, give us the 28 remaining bands once we get to Ft. Lauderdale, you're doing it right! :D
    Wishlist:
    Signs of life.

    2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor
  • User avatar
    FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 301
    Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:55 am
    Location: Paris, France, Europe, Earth, World

    Re: New VENOM Album World Premiere Onbroad!

    by FrenchMachoBoy » Tue Dec 02, 2014 2:54 am

    I'm pretty sure the anouncement of Venom was there just because it leaked.

    Again, what is upsetting me the most is that last year it was "non anouncements was due to personal problems", and this year it's the same thing. So last year they were really mocking us, and they are doing this again this year. Well, two times is enough for me.

    At least, we could have an advent calendar, not one day/one band, but one clue or one band or an activity on the boat...
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
  • User avatar
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1554
    Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:41 pm
    Location: Spijkcity!! - The Netherlands

    Re: New VENOM Album World Premiere Onbroad!

    by Dutchguy-Tim » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:03 am

    lol, maybe andy will keep 1 band a surprise. just because he can :lol:
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

    what the hell did you do this winter?
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1672
    Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:07 am
    Location: Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
    Contact:

    Re: New VENOM Album World Premiere Onbroad!

    by bodomdragon » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:24 am

    Dutchguy-Tim wrote:lol, maybe andy will keep 1 band a surprise. just because he can :lol:

    Or 28 :D
    Wishlist:
    Signs of life.

    2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor
  • User avatar
    Dundee
    Crewman
    Posts: 64
    Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:10 am

    Re: New VENOM Album World Premiere Onbroad!

    by Dundee » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:34 am

    bodomdragon wrote:So no Christmas Calendar, no Cyber Monday announcement, nearly 50% of the lineup to be announced... I just wish this cruise had at least one serious competitor that forced Andy to actually care about the way he does things.


    Well, maybe we get some x-mas-presents or some happy-new-year-announcements.. :roll:
  • User avatar
    AmelieM
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 136
    Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 3:46 am
    Location: Quebec City
    Contact:

    Re: New VENOM Album World Premiere Onbroad!

    by AmelieM » Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:45 am

    I was kind of hoping for a Christmas calendar too. Would have been awesome to have one band announced each day of the month. Anyway, I'm more than happy with the current lineup, so anything from here is just a bonus for me.

    But I understand how frustrating it must be for those of you who aren't thrilled with the bands announced so far. :|
    Alestorm-/-Amon-Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Be'lakor-/-Dark-Tranquillity-/-Edguy-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Gloryhammer-/-Gojira-/-Omnium-Gatherum-/-Ophaned-Land-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Kamelot-/-Kataklysm-/-Sabaton-/-Septic-Flesh-/-Seventh-Wonder-/-Suidakra-/-Tarot-/-Therion-/-Wintersun
  • User avatar
    manamachine
    Crewman
    Posts: 75
    Joined: Mon Nov 03, 2014 10:22 am
    Location: Montréal, Canada

    Re: New VENOM Album World Premiere Onbroad!

    by manamachine » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:21 am

    AmelieM wrote:I was kind of hoping for a Christmas calendar too. Would have been awesome to have one band announced each day of the month. Anyway, I'm more than happy with the current lineup, so anything from here is just a bonus for me.

    But I understand how frustrating it must be for those of you who aren't thrilled with the bands announced so far. :|

    Yeah, for me, seeing Blind Guardian at all is sort of a bucket-list item. I don't go to as many shows as a lot of folks here do, so the idea of dishing out thousands of dollars for the trip is a bit steep. If there were more of my favourites, I'd be a lot more confident (waiting eagerly on that Hamburg announcement).
    Wishlist:
    All the power/symphonic/thrash.
  • User avatar
    Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 541
    Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:18 am
    Location: São Paulo, Brasil
    Contact:

    Re: New VENOM Album World Premiere Onbroad!

    by Mr.Kito » Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:59 am

    FrenchMachoBoy wrote:
    not one day/one band, but one clue or one band or an activity on the boat...


    Simple.. yet awesome. The whole cruise experience would be way better if they did something like this.
    Wishlist:Accept-After.Forever-Alestorm-Almah-Amorphis-Angra-Annihilator-Cradle.Of.Filth-Children.Of.Bodom-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-DSO-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Eluveitie-Evergrey-Final.Disaster-Gloryhammer-Gotthard-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Jinjer-Kreator-Mors.Principium.Est-Nervosa-Nightwish-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Queensryche-Rammstein-Sabaton-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Shaman-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2016, 2017, 2019- :(
    2020- SOON
    RIP Andre Matos
  • User avatar
    AmelieM
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 136
    Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 3:46 am
    Location: Quebec City
    Contact:

    Re: New VENOM Album World Premiere Onbroad!

    by AmelieM » Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:02 am

    manamachine wrote:Yeah, for me, seeing Blind Guardian at all is sort of a bucket-list item. I don't go to as many shows as a lot of folks here do, so the idea of dishing out thousands of dollars for the trip is a bit steep. If there were more of my favourites, I'd be a lot more confident (waiting eagerly on that Hamburg announcement).


    Last year was my first year. I booked blindly and in the end, there were NONE of my wishlist bands on the lineup. I still had a blast, made many new friends and discovered tons great bands! I don't regret it one second. Yes, it is a big chunk of money, but I think it's all worth it (if you can afford it)! :)
    Alestorm-/-Amon-Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Be'lakor-/-Dark-Tranquillity-/-Edguy-/-Ensiferum-/-Equilibrium-/-Finntroll-/-Finsterforst-/-Gloryhammer-/-Gojira-/-Omnium-Gatherum-/-Ophaned-Land-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Kamelot-/-Kataklysm-/-Sabaton-/-Septic-Flesh-/-Seventh-Wonder-/-Suidakra-/-Tarot-/-Therion-/-Wintersun
  • User avatar
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman
    Posts: 794
    Joined: Sat Feb 22, 2014 3:46 pm
    Location: Philadelphia, PA
    Contact:

    Re: New VENOM Album World Premiere Onbroad!

    by Razor Ramon » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:01 pm

    Just booked my flight and hotel.

    I sure as hell hope something from my list gets added... come on!
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Hanging-Garden-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-Inactive-Messiah-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Saor-/-Process-Of-Guilt-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Numenorean-/-Clouds-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Oranssi-Pazuzu-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
  • User avatar
    cowboy71
    Commander
    Posts: 7077
    Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:52 pm
    Location: Brisbane, Australia
    Contact:

    Re: New VENOM Album World Premiere Onbroad!

    by cowboy71 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:05 pm

    Razor Ramon wrote:I sure as hell hope something from my list gets added... come on!

    You have about a dozen acts on your list that I'd be happy to see, so I hope so too :)
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
  • User avatar
    cowboy71
    Commander
    Posts: 7077
    Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:52 pm
    Location: Brisbane, Australia
    Contact:

    Re: New VENOM Album World Premiere Onbroad!

    by cowboy71 » Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:59 pm

    50 days to go, 28 bands still to announce.

    Comparison to previous years (obviously they had 40 bands not 60):

    50 days to go:
    2014 - 23 bands to announce
    2013 - 16 bands to announce
    2012 - 15 bands to announce
    2011 - 6 bands to announce

    So as far as pure number of bands announced, we are better off than any previous year other than the first. But as far as number of bands LEFT, 2015 is easily the worst.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
  • User avatar
    FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 301
    Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:55 am
    Location: Paris, France, Europe, Earth, World

    Re: New VENOM Album World Premiere Onbroad!

    by FrenchMachoBoy » Wed Dec 03, 2014 12:49 am

    cowboy71 wrote:50 days to go, 28 bands still to announce.

    Comparison to previous years (obviously they had 40 bands not 60):

    50 days to go:
    2014 - 23 bands to announce
    2013 - 16 bands to announce
    2012 - 15 bands to announce
    2011 - 6 bands to announce

    So as far as pure number of bands announced, we are better off than any previous year other than the first. But as far as number of bands LEFT, 2015 is easily the worst.


    Interesting also is to compare in % : 2014 was the worst (more than half of the rooster was to be anounced !), and this year (2015)
    is the second one (little less than 50%).
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
  • User avatar
    taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 520
    Joined: Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:46 am
    Location: Switzerland
    Contact:

    Re: New VENOM Album World Premiere Onbroad!

    by taketheday » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:23 am

    I don't say that I am not complaining on the FB page about the lack of announcements, but in same time, even if the last year we all complained, we had the 40 bands on the ship in January :D Of course, 28 bands have to be announced again, but there will be all 60 on the ship in January 2015 :wank:

    2013: 7545
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016 and 2019: 7320
    2017/2018: 7624


    http://www.bandspromo.biz/home.html
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1672
    Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:07 am
    Location: Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
    Contact:

    Re: New VENOM Album World Premiere Onbroad!

    by bodomdragon » Wed Dec 03, 2014 1:49 am

    taketheday wrote:I don't say that I am not complaining on the FB page about the lack of announcements, but in same time, even if the last year we all complained, we had the 40 bands on the ship in January :D Of course, 28 bands have to be announced again, but there will be all 60 on the ship in January 2015 :wank:

    Nobody's questioning that, I think we all take for granted that we'll have the 60 bands. It's not about the what, it's about the how.
    Wishlist:
    Signs of life.

    2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor
  • Jotunheimr
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 647
    Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:54 pm
    Contact:

    Re: New VENOM Album World Premiere Onbroad!

    by Jotunheimr » Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:01 am

    bodomdragon wrote:
    taketheday wrote:I don't say that I am not complaining on the FB page about the lack of announcements, but in same time, even if the last year we all complained, we had the 40 bands on the ship in January :D Of course, 28 bands have to be announced again, but there will be all 60 on the ship in January 2015 :wank:

    Nobody's questioning that, I think we all take for granted that we'll have the 60 bands. It's not about the what, it's about the how.


    How as in how much time will we have to check out music from each band before heading out.
    2020 Wishlist: Borknagar-/-Finntroll-/-Haggard-/-Kampfar-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Moonsorrow-/-Savatage-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Turisas
  • User avatar
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1554
    Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:41 pm
    Location: Spijkcity!! - The Netherlands

    Re: New VENOM Album World Premiere Onbroad!

    by Dutchguy-Tim » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:07 am

    Jotunheimr wrote:
    How as in how much time will we have to check out music from each band before heading out.


    none. just check it out abroad :-)
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

    what the hell did you do this winter?
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1672
    Joined: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:07 am
    Location: Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain
    Contact:

    Re: New VENOM Album World Premiere Onbroad!

    by bodomdragon » Wed Dec 03, 2014 7:45 am

    Dutchguy-Tim wrote:
    Jotunheimr wrote:
    How as in how much time will we have to check out music from each band before heading out.


    none. just check it out abroad :-)

    You must be the first person I know about who enjoys the concerts just as much whether you're familiar with the band or not. Lucky you! :)
    Wishlist:
    Signs of life.

    2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor
  • Jotunheimr
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 647
    Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 2:54 pm
    Contact:

    Re: New VENOM Album World Premiere Onbroad!

    by Jotunheimr » Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:18 am

    bodomdragon wrote:
    Dutchguy-Tim wrote:
    Jotunheimr wrote:
    How as in how much time will we have to check out music from each band before heading out.


    none. just check it out abroad :-)

    You must be the first person I know about who enjoys the concerts just as much whether you're familiar with the band or not. Lucky you! :)


    Yeah I like to be familiar with the bands' songs before seeing their sets. I've been going on setlist.fm and seeing what songs get played live the most and checking those out. Sometimes surprises are nice though, like getting to hear the new Venom album for the first time on the boat.
    2020 Wishlist: Borknagar-/-Finntroll-/-Haggard-/-Kampfar-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lumsk-/-Manegarm-/-Moonsorrow-/-Savatage-/-ToxicHolocaust-/-Turisas
  • User avatar
    Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 541
    Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:18 am
    Location: São Paulo, Brasil
    Contact:

    Re: New VENOM Album World Premiere Onbroad!

    by Mr.Kito » Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:38 am

    Jotunheimr wrote:
    Yeah I like to be familiar with the bands' songs before seeing their sets. I've been going on setlist.fm and seeing what songs get played live the most and checking those out. Sometimes surprises are nice though, like getting to hear the new Venom album for the first time on the boat.


    When you're a die hard fan, those special sets are always nice. But i like to be familiar with the songs.

    I would like to know most smaller bands many days before we sail, those bands need our support. :death:
    Wishlist:Accept-After.Forever-Alestorm-Almah-Amorphis-Angra-Annihilator-Cradle.Of.Filth-Children.Of.Bodom-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-DSO-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Eluveitie-Evergrey-Final.Disaster-Gloryhammer-Gotthard-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Jinjer-Kreator-Mors.Principium.Est-Nervosa-Nightwish-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Queensryche-Rammstein-Sabaton-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Shaman-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2016, 2017, 2019- :(
    2020- SOON
    RIP Andre Matos
  • User avatar
    cowboy71
    Commander
    Posts: 7077
    Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:52 pm
    Location: Brisbane, Australia
    Contact:

    Re: New VENOM Album World Premiere Onbroad!

    by cowboy71 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:22 pm

    For those of you that aren't big Facebook users, this was the latest update from 70K:

    "Are you as excited as we are for the new Blind Guardian album? Do you think we will hear some of the album when 70000tons OF METAL"

    Considering the fact that it was leaked in one of the German metal magazines three weeks ago that there is to be a listening party for the new album on broad, I find the above quite condescending and pointless.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
  • meshuggah
    Ensign
    Posts: 1219
    Joined: Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:33 pm
    Location: New York, NY
    Contact:

    Re: New VENOM Album World Premiere Onbroad!

    by meshuggah » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:29 pm

    cowboy71 wrote:For those of you that aren't big Facebook users, this was the latest update from 70K:

    "Are you as excited as we are for the new Blind Guardian album? Do you think we will hear some of the album when 70000tons OF METAL"

    Considering the fact that it was leaked in one of the German metal magazines three weeks ago that there is to be a listening party for the new album on broad, I find the above quite condescending and pointless.


    ...as was the VENOM announcement which was leaked at the same time. We haven't had a true new announcement in how long now?
  • User avatar
    cowboy71
    Commander
    Posts: 7077
    Joined: Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:52 pm
    Location: Brisbane, Australia
    Contact:

    Re: New VENOM Album World Premiere Onbroad!

    by cowboy71 » Wed Dec 03, 2014 6:39 pm

    26 November VENOM (confirmation leaked several weeks prior, obvious clue prior to that)
    26 September ARTILLERY
    23 September AMORPHIS (hotly rumoured prior to that)
    27 August EINHERJER

    So really, Artillery has been the only surprise since late August.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
  • User avatar
    Dundee
    Crewman
    Posts: 64
    Joined: Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:10 am

    Re: New VENOM Album World Premiere Onbroad!

    by Dundee » Wed Dec 03, 2014 11:30 pm

    Not to forget that many people brings the cds to get them signed by the bands. Obviously I can't bring my whole collection on board. But no matter how many reasons we mention here for new announcements, Andy doesn't care :roll:
  • User avatar
    Dimma
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 263
    Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:25 pm

    Re: New VENOM Album World Premiere Onbroad!

    by Dimma » Thu Dec 04, 2014 1:55 am

    Dundee wrote:Not to forget that many people brings the cds to get them signed by the bands. Obviously I can't bring my whole collection on board. But no matter how many reasons we mention here for new announcements, Andy doesn't care :roll:


    Smaller boat next year for mine.
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
  • User avatar
    FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 301
    Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:55 am
    Location: Paris, France, Europe, Earth, World

    Re: New VENOM Album World Premiere Onbroad!

    by FrenchMachoBoy » Thu Dec 04, 2014 2:24 am

    Andy is a seller, not a fan or a listener. He just want his boat filled, independent on what we say.
    So what was leaked (venom & blind guardian listening session or so) is now becoming anouncements.

    So, if this hadn't leaked we would probably have nothing new now.
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
  • User avatar
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1554
    Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:41 pm
    Location: Spijkcity!! - The Netherlands

    Re: New VENOM Album World Premiere Onbroad!

    by Dutchguy-Tim » Thu Dec 04, 2014 5:28 am

    bodomdragon wrote:
    Dutchguy-Tim wrote:
    Jotunheimr wrote:
    How as in how much time will we have to check out music from each band before heading out.


    none. just check it out abroad :-)

    You must be the first person I know about who enjoys the concerts just as much whether you're familiar with the band or not. Lucky you! :)


    lol don't be suprised, but there lots more people doing this
    it's way better getting surprised (in a good way) when listening to a band you never knew before
    i had that with blackguard (despite everyone says)
    i was drinking a beer and talking to this guy. after a certain time he asks me if i was going to see blackguard.
    i replied i didn't know yet, could be because there wasn't a band playing at that time i was really excited about
    so he told me, you should see blackguard. good band.
    so i did
    turned out to be the bass player of blackguard, and he was right. had a great time

    but maybe i would have never seen blackguard and had such a great time if had listened to them
    now i got a nice story to tell which i won't forget and is one of reasons why this cruise is so fucking epic
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

    what the hell did you do this winter?
  • User avatar
    Dimma
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 263
    Joined: Sun Jul 29, 2012 7:25 pm

    Re: New VENOM Album World Premiere Onbroad!

    by Dimma » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:47 am

    Impress me live and i'll most likely buy your cd's.
    2013 Wishlist : Doro
    2014 Wishlist : Bands
    2015 Wishlist : Money
    2016 Wishlist : Majesty
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant
    Posts: 1923
    Joined: Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:29 pm
    Location: Calgary, AB, Canada

    Re: New VENOM Album World Premiere Onbroad!

    by Phoenix » Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:59 am

    cowboy71 wrote:26 November VENOM (confirmation leaked several weeks prior, obvious clue prior to that)
    26 September ARTILLERY
    23 September AMORPHIS (hotly rumoured prior to that)
    27 August EINHERJER

    So really, Artillery has been the only surprise since late August.


    So what I learned from this is that we will be getting another announcement around Christmas, based on this trend.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

    Save these guys for 2021, Andy.
  • User avatar
    FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 301
    Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 6:55 am
    Location: Paris, France, Europe, Earth, World

    Re: New VENOM Album World Premiere Onbroad!

    by FrenchMachoBoy » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:24 am

    A news about TANK :

    http://www.progarchives.com/forum/forum ... TID=100508

    We will also have the pleasure of playing songs from the new album for the very first time at our performance on the ‘70,000 Tons of Metal’ cruise in January 2015.


    May be this will be used tomorrow for the useless facebook add.
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
  • User avatar
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 554
    Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:41 pm
    Location: Erickson, Manitoba

    Re: New VENOM Album World Premiere Onbroad!

    by acidbasement » Thu Dec 04, 2014 8:28 am

    Phoenix wrote:So what I learned from this is that we will be getting another announcement around Christmas, based on this trend.


    Last year the multiple-band announcements started coming in fast and furious on Dec. 23 and didn't stop until people were en route to Miami or already there. At this point I believe (statsman?) that with 28 to go, we have a few more bands yet to be announced than at the same time last year.
    motherfucker announce some bands #FORTHWITH and let us book
  • User avatar
    Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 541
    Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:18 am
    Location: São Paulo, Brasil
    Contact:

    Re: New VENOM Album World Premiere Onbroad!

    by Mr.Kito » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:25 am

    acidbasement wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:So what I learned from this is that we will be getting another announcement around Christmas, based on this trend.


    Last year the multiple-band announcements started coming in fast and furious on Dec. 23 and didn't stop until people were en route to Miami or already there. At this point I believe (statsman?) that with 28 to go, we have a few more bands yet to be announced than at the same time last year.


    How many bands were to be announced before that?
    Wishlist:Accept-After.Forever-Alestorm-Almah-Amorphis-Angra-Annihilator-Cradle.Of.Filth-Children.Of.Bodom-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-DSO-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Eluveitie-Evergrey-Final.Disaster-Gloryhammer-Gotthard-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Jinjer-Kreator-Mors.Principium.Est-Nervosa-Nightwish-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Queensryche-Rammstein-Sabaton-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Shaman-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2016, 2017, 2019- :(
    2020- SOON
    RIP Andre Matos
  • User avatar
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 554
    Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:41 pm
    Location: Erickson, Manitoba

    Re: New VENOM Album World Premiere Onbroad!

    by acidbasement » Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:48 am

    Mr.Kito wrote:How many bands were to be announced before that?


    Pretty sure there were about 15 bands announced by this date last year, with 25 to go.

    This year, there are 32 announced as of today, with 28 to go.
    motherfucker announce some bands #FORTHWITH and let us book
  • User avatar
    Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 541
    Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:18 am
    Location: São Paulo, Brasil
    Contact:

    Re: New VENOM Album World Premiere Onbroad!

    by Mr.Kito » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:36 am

    acidbasement wrote:
    Mr.Kito wrote:How many bands were to be announced before that?


    Pretty sure there were about 15 bands announced by this date last year, with 25 to go.

    This year, there are 32 announced as of today, with 28 to go.


    So we are in a close race with last year.

    So i guess its not unsafe to say we may have 3 more announcements before Andy starts rushing like last time.
    Wishlist:Accept-After.Forever-Alestorm-Almah-Amorphis-Angra-Annihilator-Cradle.Of.Filth-Children.Of.Bodom-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-DSO-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Eluveitie-Evergrey-Final.Disaster-Gloryhammer-Gotthard-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Jinjer-Kreator-Mors.Principium.Est-Nervosa-Nightwish-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Queensryche-Rammstein-Sabaton-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Shaman-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2016, 2017, 2019- :(
    2020- SOON
    RIP Andre Matos
  • User avatar
    acidbasement
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 554
    Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:41 pm
    Location: Erickson, Manitoba

    Re: New VENOM Album World Premiere Onbroad!

    by acidbasement » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:07 am

    Mr.Kito wrote:So we are in a close race with last year.

    So i guess its not unsafe to say we may have 3 more announcements before Andy starts rushing like last time.


    Given what a clusterfuck last year was, my guess is that any comparisons to it mean all bets are off. Let's drink.
    motherfucker announce some bands #FORTHWITH and let us book
  • User avatar
    Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 541
    Joined: Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:18 am
    Location: São Paulo, Brasil
    Contact:

    Re: New VENOM Album World Premiere Onbroad!

    by Mr.Kito » Thu Dec 04, 2014 11:12 am

    acidbasement wrote: Let's drink.


    :bangers:
    Wishlist:Accept-After.Forever-Alestorm-Almah-Amorphis-Angra-Annihilator-Cradle.Of.Filth-Children.Of.Bodom-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-DSO-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Eluveitie-Evergrey-Final.Disaster-Gloryhammer-Gotthard-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Jinjer-Kreator-Mors.Principium.Est-Nervosa-Nightwish-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Queensryche-Rammstein-Sabaton-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Shaman-Soilwork-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2016, 2017, 2019- :(
    2020- SOON
    RIP Andre Matos
  • Post Reply 3601 posts

    Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: bodomdragon and 27 guests