Post Reply 76 posts
The 70000 Tons of Metal 2016 anticipation thread!
    ZarTh_Vader
    Wiper

Re: The 70000 Tons of Metal 2016 anticipation thread!

by ZarTh_Vader » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:08 pm

I believe we will be heading to Cozumel, Mexico on Independence of the Seas from Feb 4th to 8th...leaving from Ft Lauderdale.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:18 pm

ZarTh_Vader wrote:I believe we will be heading to Cozumel, Mexico on Independence of the Seas from Feb 4th to 8th...leaving from Ft Lauderdale.

Well, we're long overdue for a repeat destination. :P

Seriously though, I don't think it'll be Cozumel, even if that's the Independence's normal route.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • mfrap
    Petty Officer

by mfrap » Thu Feb 05, 2015 12:32 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:I kinda hope it's another year like 2013 where there's really only 1 band that made me wish was there... I kinda need a chance to build up my finances better and use all my vacation time for something different... BUT a good lineup on 70k is hard to resist, so we'll just wait and see...

IF I'm onbroad again I hope for Grand Turk, though Labadee would be cool too... otherwise, no care

Oh you'll be there Humphries! Non negotiable!
    manooel
    Oiler

by manooel » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:58 pm

ZarTh_Vader wrote:I believe we will be heading to Cozumel, Mexico on Independence of the Seas from Feb 4th to 8th...leaving from Ft Lauderdale.

That would mean missing the Super Bowl... :?
    70k 2015 - Cabin #6668
    70k 2016 - Cabin #6111
    70k 2017 - Cabin #6513
    70k 2018 - Cabin #6521
    70k 2019 - Cabin #6659
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:19 pm

manooel wrote:

That would mean missing the Super Bowl... :?

According to USA Today ,Royal Caribbean has an agreement to show the Super Bowl on their ships.UMC spends a lot of time and energy on stuff like the hockey game this year (which was a waste).My advice to them would be to make it clear early if there was going to be a Super Bowl viewing party on the ship.And if there is ,where will it be held and which bands are going to be playing ?ROTFLOL!,Yeah this is something they will epically fuck up also,so don't plan on being able to see the game even if they say you will,cancelled due to "medical reasons" LOL.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:36 pm

mfrap wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:I kinda hope it's another year like 2013 where there's really only 1 band that made me wish was there... I kinda need a chance to build up my finances better and use all my vacation time for something different... BUT a good lineup on 70k is hard to resist, so we'll just wait and see...

IF I'm onbroad again I hope for Grand Turk, though Labadee would be cool too... otherwise, no care

maybe that Humphries guy can afford it... but Humphrey has to wait and see, even if he'd really like to go
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Thu Feb 05, 2015 2:49 pm

I am sure you can watch the Super Bowl on the tv in your room.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Hanging-Garden-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-Inactive-Messiah-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Saor-/-Process-Of-Guilt-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Numenorean-/-Clouds-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Oranssi-Pazuzu-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    manooel
    Oiler

by manooel » Thu Feb 05, 2015 5:50 pm

The thing is that I was planning on actually going to the Super Bowl, not just watching it on TV....

Damn ! :bitch:
    70k 2015 - Cabin #6668
    70k 2016 - Cabin #6111
    70k 2017 - Cabin #6513
    70k 2018 - Cabin #6521
    70k 2019 - Cabin #6659
    Lala
    Midshipman

by Lala » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:54 am

Time, Port, Bands and Destination doesn't matter - i'll do it again.
    50 Bands would be enuff, even 40. 60 Bands are too many.....
    2011 - survived - 2012 - survived - 2013 - survived - 2014 - survived - 2015 - survived - 2016 - survived - 2017 - survived - 2018 - survived - 2019 - survived - 2020 - yes

www.lalasreisen.de
  • mfrap
    Petty Officer

by mfrap » Fri Feb 06, 2015 12:42 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    mfrap wrote:

maybe that Humphries guy can afford it... but Humphrey has to wait and see, even if he'd really like to go

No comment. That was just plain ignorance on my part.
    Kingslayer
    Chief Petty Officer

by Kingslayer » Fri Feb 06, 2015 1:09 pm

Apart from the obvious suggestions, I would really like the Canadian dollar to get back on its feet by the time the cruise rolls around. But I guess that's a whole other conversation
    2016: 9231
    2017: 6521
    2018: TBD

Wishlist: Amon Amarth, Candlemass, Devin Townsend Project, Doomsword, Ex Deo, Gloryhammer, Grand Magus, Hypocrisy, King Diamond, Nile, Powerwolf, Running Wild, Septicflesh, Steel Panther, Unleash The Archers
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:05 pm

Kingslayer wrote:Apart from the obvious suggestions, I would really like the Canadian dollar to get back on its feet by the time the cruise rolls around. But I guess that's a whole other conversation

Not so much the Canadian dollar that is the problem. It is the strength of the US Dollar that is the problem, because we have the same issue here.

Over the last 12 months the Aussie Dollar has dropped almost 20% against the US, but only 4% against the Canadian Dollar.

I imagine that would be impacting UMC too - considering they are a Canadian company, but the cruise sails from the US.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Feb 06, 2015 2:22 pm

Well, it's a bit the Canadian dollar. Wealthiest province in Canada? That'd be Alberta, even though that might not be true now it normally is. Major business in Alberta? Oil and gas. What just got hammered into the ground? Yeah... we're actually just in a pile of trouble. Americans keep telling me their economy is shit, but it is rebounding off this since it's trying to supply more of its oil and gas in-nation.
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

Save these guys for 2021, Andy.
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Fri Feb 06, 2015 3:13 pm

Being an American who is going to Sweden in June and plans to visit other places in the World,I just wanna say yeah and as long as oil prices stay low ,the PIGS rape the Euro and Russia keeps screwing up this will not change anytime SOOOOON!
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    Tono_Fyr
    Crewman

by Tono_Fyr » Fri Feb 06, 2015 4:01 pm

Phoenix wrote:Well, it's a bit the Canadian dollar. Wealthiest province in Canada? That'd be Alberta, even though that might not be true now it normally is. Major business in Alberta? Oil and gas. What just got hammered into the ground? Yeah... we're actually just in a pile of trouble. Americans keep telling me their economy is shit, but it is rebounding off this since it's trying to supply more of its oil and gas in-nation.

That's because those Americans aren't Economists and don't know what they're talking about.

The drop in oil prices came at a pretty opportune time - it really gave our economy the last "bump" it needed to get rolling decently again. Plus, anything that's good for the people and bad for big business just puts a smile on my face.
    Wishlist:
    --Æther_Realm--Alarum--Amon_Amarth--Arcturus--Arjen_Luccassen--Atheist--Battlecross--Blind_Guardian--Borknagar--Candlemass--Cynic--Demons_&_Wizards--Devin_Townsend--DOLL$BOXX--Dread_Crew_of_Oddwood--Dysrhythmia--Ensiferum--Freak_Kitchen--Gamma_Ray--Glittertind--Gloryhammer--Goatwhore--Gojira--Gordian_Knot--Green_Carnation--Holy_Grail--Iced_Earth--Ihsahn--Katatonia--Leprous--Machinae_Supremacy--Ne_Obliviscaris--Nightingale--Nile--Opeth--Pain_Of_Salvation--Raintime--Riverside--Sigh--Skeletonwitch--Steel_Panther--Symphony_X--Tengger_Cavalry--Thank_You_Scientist--Three--Turisas--Tyr--Unleash_The_Archers--Winds--Wintersun--Words_of_Farewell--Zimmer's_Hole--

2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:11 pm

Phoenix wrote:Americans keep telling me their economy is shit, but it is rebounding off this since it's trying to supply more of its oil and gas in-nation.

Those are just morons that fall for the Republican tactic of making everyone think everything is terrible because of Obama.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Hanging-Garden-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-Inactive-Messiah-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Saor-/-Process-Of-Guilt-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Numenorean-/-Clouds-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Oranssi-Pazuzu-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Fri Feb 06, 2015 5:45 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:Americans keep telling me their economy is shit, but it is rebounding off this since it's trying to supply more of its oil and gas in-nation.

Those are just morons that fall for the Republican tactic of making everyone think everything is terrible because of Obama.

Yea, Obama is such a horrible president, right? The dollar is strong, unemployment is WAY down, the stock market is WAY up, we all have health insurance...for the most part at lower prices than we've already been paying, etc...all in spite of the Republicans trying to sabotage everything Obama tries to do. Republicans blow!

Whoops...wrong thread. CAN'T WAIT FOR 70000 TONS 2016!!!!! (that makes it better)
  • RoArgentina
    Wiper

by RoArgentina » Fri Feb 06, 2015 7:00 pm

oh :( I won't be able to go, I'm sad, february it's complicated for me
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:32 pm

RoArgentina wrote:oh :( I won't be able to go, I'm sad, february it's complicated for me

Yeah its very difficult for us too :(

Not impossible, but more difficult than late January.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:10 pm

Razor Ramon wrote:I am sure you can watch the Super Bowl on the tv in your room.

That's OK. I'll skip it. I don't need to see a Raiders/Redskins game.
    ewest305
    Oiler

by ewest305 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:18 pm

The main page says 362 days left (today is Feb 6). So, that means Feb 3, 2016 or Feb 4, 2016 is the next sail date?

Any word on a destination? I really want to see Turks and Caicos someday.
    2017: Cabin #8660
    2015: Cabin #6314
    2014: Cabin #2534
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:47 pm

ewest305 wrote:The main page says 362 days left (today is Feb 6). So, that means Feb 3, 2016 or Feb 4, 2016 is the next sail date?

Any word on a destination? I really want to see Turks and Caicos someday.

Yeah it will be Thursday Feb 4 2016. No word on destination yet.

I imagine that the feedback results will be the first order of business for the next week or two so I doubt we will get any further information until late February.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    feanorfelagund
    Crewman

by feanorfelagund » Sun Feb 08, 2015 10:49 am

Weeeew, just checked out Freedom of the seas and it's a carbon copy of Liberty which is great coz I got to know my way around. I know most here seem to have the opinion that the smaller boats were better, but I for one thought the boat was sick! Biggest ship I've ever seen and I was able to find my way around quickly even when smashed.

It's a year until the next cruise... I've never waited a year to do a thing. Is it long? I bet it's long.
    "Mirror mirror on the wall
    True hope lies beyond the coast
    You're a damned kind, can't you see
    That tomorrow bears insanity?"
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 8:12 pm

feanorfelagund wrote:Weeeew, just checked out Freedom of the seas and it's a carbon copy of Liberty which is great coz I got to know my way around. I know most here seem to have the opinion that the smaller boats were better, but I for one thought the boat was sick! Biggest ship I've ever seen and I was able to find my way around quickly even when smashed.

It's a year until the next cruise... I've never waited a year to do a thing. Is it long? I bet it's long.

It can be too long sometimes.
    I am ready to do it again
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:35 am

feanorfelagund wrote:Weeeew, just checked out Freedom of the seas and it's a carbon copy of Liberty which is great coz I got to know my way around. I know most here seem to have the opinion that the smaller boats were better, but I for one thought the boat was sick! Biggest ship I've ever seen and I was able to find my way around quickly even when smashed.

I think next year's ship is likely to be Independence of the Seas, but that's okay...like Liberty, it is also a Freedom-class vessel and is very similar.

I liked the Liberty, too, although there are some design issues that make me scratch my head and go "huh?" (Why only two elevator banks on a 154,000-ton ship when Carnival's Conquest-class ships, which are smaller, have three? Etc.)
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2019: Booked!
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Feb 09, 2015 1:38 am

Pellaz wrote:I think next year's ship is likely to be Independence of the Seas, but that's okay...like Liberty, it is also a Freedom-class vessel and is very similar.

I think the Independence is also a twin, so not only very similar, but exactly the same boat. I'm ok with that :)
    Wishlist:
    ALLEGAEON--Amaranthe--Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Devin.Townsend.Project--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--Dream.Theater--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Epica--Fleshgod-Apocalypse--Fractal.Gates--Gamma.Ray--Gloryhammer--Haken--HELLOWEEN.REUNION--In.Vain--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--MOONSORROW--MORS.PRINCIPIUM.EST--NE.OBLIVISCARIS--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--Onslaught--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Power.Quest--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--Soilwork--Stratovarius--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Teramaze--Therion--Unisonic--Unleash.the.Archers--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Witherscape

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:00 am

bodomdragon wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:I think next year's ship is likely to be Independence of the Seas, but that's okay...like Liberty, it is also a Freedom-class vessel and is very similar.

I think the Independence is also a twin, so not only very similar, but exactly the same boat. I'm ok with that :)

There are reports a-swirl over on CruiseCritic that these Freedom-class ships are losing their nightclubs (The Catacombs, The Crypt, etc.) in favor of yet another for-fee restaurant during their next drydock.
    So, there might be some differences between the ships.

No great loss, maybe, since the one time I wandered into the Catacombs it was (wait for it...) quiet as a tomb. Not even a bartender. And I'm still wondering what the hell they play in there during a regular cruise. Bauhaus? VNV Nation? The Cure? 'Cause nothin' says "Dance, grandma!" like the dulcet tones of Bauhaus. :lol:
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:10 am

Pellaz wrote:There are reports a-swirl over on CruiseCritic that these Freedom-class ships are losing their nightclubs (The Catacombs, The Crypt, etc.) in favor of yet another for-fee restaurant during their next drydock.

No great loss, maybe, since the one time I wandered into the Catacombs it was (wait for it...) quiet as a tomb. Not even a bartender.

I also thought it was a pity to have it like that in a, you know, metal cruise. You could create an excellent atmosphere ther with a bartender and music, the place was excellent, too bad noone thought of it. It would be an excellent improvement for next year. But if we have a free restaurant instead I'd also be ok with that as long as the food quality resembles what we had in Majesty :D
    Wishlist:
    ALLEGAEON--Amaranthe--Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Devin.Townsend.Project--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--Dream.Theater--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Epica--Fleshgod-Apocalypse--Fractal.Gates--Gamma.Ray--Gloryhammer--Haken--HELLOWEEN.REUNION--In.Vain--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--MOONSORROW--MORS.PRINCIPIUM.EST--NE.OBLIVISCARIS--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--Onslaught--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Power.Quest--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--Soilwork--Stratovarius--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Teramaze--Therion--Unisonic--Unleash.the.Archers--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Witherscape

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:20 pm

bodomdragon wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:There are reports a-swirl over on CruiseCritic that these Freedom-class ships are losing their nightclubs (The Catacombs, The Crypt, etc.) in favor of yet another for-fee restaurant during their next drydock.

No great loss, maybe, since the one time I wandered into the Catacombs it was (wait for it...) quiet as a tomb. Not even a bartender.

I also thought it was a pity to have it like that in a, you know, metal cruise. You could create an excellent atmosphere ther with a bartender and music, the place was excellent, too bad noone thought of it. It would be an excellent improvement for next year.

Heck, if there was a need for black and death-metal in the Catacombs ("for five days this will be the darkest nightclub at sea" or whatever), I'd have happily let Andy borrow one of my iPods and a wall-charger. :death:

But if we have a free restaurant instead I'd also be ok with that as long as the food quality resembles what we had in Majesty :D

Unfortunately, the replacement restaurant ("Sabor") is a for-fee or "specialty" restaurant...I think it's Mexican cuisine or something. Makes me really miss the Compass Deli on Majesty.
    2020 Wishlist:
  • Mr. HCI
    Crewman

by Mr. HCI » Tue Feb 10, 2015 4:45 pm

Yeah, what was up with that? I went through the Catacombs several times hoping for something interesting.. every time I was the only one in there! As was said, not even a bartender! I would have stayed and had a few beers if they had staffed the place.
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:00 am

Pellaz wrote:Unfortunately, the replacement restaurant ("Sabor") is a for-fee or "specialty" restaurant...I think it's Mexican cuisine or something. Makes me really miss the Compass Deli on Majesty.

I'd be fine with a Mexican restaurant onbroad. And, yes, the quesadillas at the Compass Deli were awesome. :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Wed Feb 11, 2015 3:10 pm

Mexican would be awesome.
    70000 Tons 2019
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Feb 11, 2015 5:23 pm

Memnoch wrote:
    Pellaz wrote:Unfortunately, the replacement restaurant ("Sabor") is a for-fee or "specialty" restaurant...I think it's Mexican cuisine or something. Makes me really miss the Compass Deli on Majesty.

I'd be fine with a Mexican restaurant onbroad. And, yes, the quesadillas at the Compass Deli were awesome. :beerwink:

Mexican food rules. I'm all for having it on the ship. Wonder if it'll be real Mexican food or the Tex-Mex stuff you tend to find in the States. I know Kate will be pissed if it's Tex-Mex. :lol:

The Compass Deli was sure missed this year. Was my favorite food spot on the Majesty.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:51 pm

Memnoch wrote:

I'd be fine with a Mexican restaurant onbroad.

Oh, I wouldn't mind Mexican fare.... But I DO mind yet another pay-extra restaurant. $25 per person for a Mexican restaurant? It had BETTER be damned good.

EDIT: here's the menu for Sabor: http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/sabor.pdf

I really liked the Blue Iguana Cantina they have on some Carnival ships. They fresh-make a big burrito or a taco to your specs as you watch...and there's no extra charge. (Mongolian Wok stir-fry...same thing and also free.)

And, yes, the quesadillas at the Compass Deli were awesome. :beerwink:

Panini sandwiches were awesome too!
    2020 Wishlist:
    jurjenmetal
    Oiler

by jurjenmetal » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:43 am

when do we get the dates and port information????????????????????????? :deathmetal:
    2014 cabin 2026
    2016 cabin 7300
    2019 cabin 9401
    Krys
    Chief Petty Officer

by Krys » Fri Feb 13, 2015 8:49 am

jurjenmetal wrote:when do we get the dates and port information????????????????????????? :deathmetal:

Well, sooooooooooooooooooooon, of course :lol:

I'd love to see Haiti or Turks & Caicos next time. Still not sure I'll be able to afford next year though. Maybe a break and some land locked festivals for me next year?
    2014 - Cabin 4537!
    2015 - Cabin 6471!
    2016 - ???
    2017 - Likely my return :D .