Post Reply 2908 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2016 Megathread
    Rjturtle9
    Crewman

Re: 70 Days To Departure!

by Rjturtle9 » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:22 pm

He'll probably announce 10 on Christmas. All within 24 hours like with a couple of the other announcements. Hopefully...
    Angra-Amon Amarth-Autopsy-Cancer-Cavalera Conspiracy-Chthonic-Coroner-Iron Reagan-Kreator-Masacre-Mayham-Necrophagist-Nightwish-Nuclear Assault-Obituary-Obscura-Onslaught-Overkill-Pagans Mind-Razor-Revocation-Sonata Arctica-Toxik-Ulver-Unisonic
    taketheday
    Chief Petty Officer

by taketheday » Mon Dec 21, 2015 9:51 am

My ideal birthday gift (tomorrow) would be that Freedom Call is announced :D Ok, just dreaming :lol:

2013: 7545
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016 and 2019: 7320
    2017/2018: 7624
    2020: 7324

http://www.bandspromo.biz/home.html
    SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:39 am

I know that I predicted we get nothing, but I'd be super thrilled for a new round of 10 starting today. I'm bored as hell and would love the distraction.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
  • zeitgeist777
    Oiler

by zeitgeist777 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 2:33 pm

Same here ! Hope 10shitty bands for Chritmas !
    Rjturtle9
    Crewman

by Rjturtle9 » Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:06 pm

taketheday wrote:My ideal birthday gift (tomorrow) would be that Freedom Call is announced :D Ok, just dreaming :lol:

I agree with this! :wank: Can never have enough power metal on board.

Hopefully there's more thrash and death metal too for Diane. Fingers still crossed for Amon Amarth. :viking:
    Angra-Amon Amarth-Autopsy-Cancer-Cavalera Conspiracy-Chthonic-Coroner-Iron Reagan-Kreator-Masacre-Mayham-Necrophagist-Nightwish-Nuclear Assault-Obituary-Obscura-Onslaught-Overkill-Pagans Mind-Razor-Revocation-Sonata Arctica-Toxik-Ulver-Unisonic
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Tue Dec 22, 2015 6:56 pm

Andy still MIA - hasn't been on the forum since December 4.

43 days to go and 20 bands still to add, with most of the more expensive cabin categories still available.

Wonder if they are going to be offered to bands as last minute incentives to get them on broad?
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Wolves-In-The-Throne-Room-/-Halestorm-/-70K
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Tue Dec 22, 2015 7:36 pm

Just saw him on Friday, don't worry he's alive and they're all working hard. Same thing every year and every year we're all happy when we get there.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:08 am

Stained Class wrote:Just saw him on Friday, don't worry he's alive and they're all working hard. Same thing every year and every year we're all happy when we get there.

RIGHT!!!! :shred:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    Survived2011/12/13/14/15/16/17/18/19/BTH
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Dec 23, 2015 2:54 pm

2011, 2012 and 2014 we got announcements close to xmas day. 2013 and 2015 not THIS close.

So going on history you could say we have a slightly better than even money chance of announcements occuring today or tomorrow.

But given we've only got 40 days to go and still 20 bands to announce you could say that about ANY day from this point to cruise time!! :P :lol:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    hornile
    Oiler

by hornile » Thu Dec 24, 2015 12:19 am

Page been updated :-)

Santa Andy!!!
    70k 2013 survivor
    (cabin 6040)

70k 2015 survivor
    (cabin 7275)

70k 2016 survivor
    (cabin 9284)

70k 2019 ....hope to survive
    FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:08 am

Where dyu see updates ? o_O
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:10 am

FrenchMachoBoy wrote:Where dyu see updates ? o_O

On the main page. Snow, christmas lights and the metalhead has a Santa hat. Hopefully also a bag somewhere, full of announcements.
    Wishlist:
    AETERNAM--Alestorm--Allegaeon--
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019: Survivor | 2020: BOOKED
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:44 am

Guys, it's only 70 days to departure! Wohoo! :P
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Thu Dec 24, 2015 6:13 am

I guess we are all here, pressing F5 every 10minutes :D
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Thu Dec 24, 2015 9:57 am

FrenchMachoBoy wrote:I guess we are all here, pressing F5 every 10minutes :D

If you're doing this, you haven't learnt enough from previous years :)
    Wishlist:
    Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--CALIGULA'S.HORSE--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Dark.Tranquillity--Devin.Townsend--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--DREAM.THEATER--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Freedom.call--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--GAMMA.RAY--Haken--Helloween--IN.MOURNING--INSOMNIUM--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--KISSIN'.DYNAMITE--Kreator--Masterplan--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--Moonsorrow--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SABATON--Seven.Spires--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--SOEN--Soilwork--Stratovarius--SYMPHONY.X--TERAMAZE--_Tomorrows.Eve--Triosphere--Therion--THRESHOLD--Unisonic--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Wolfheart

• Andy
    THE SKIPPER

SEASONS GREETINGS!

by Andy » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:06 am

We wish all Sailors and Metal Heads around the world Happy Holidays.

Cheers,

Your 70000TONS OF METAL Team
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

Re: SEASONS GREETINGS!

by Razor Ramon » Thu Dec 24, 2015 11:39 am

Alright..
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    Warphine
    Ensign

by Warphine » Thu Dec 24, 2015 1:12 pm

Happy Holidays dudes... see you all in another month or so. I'm ready to party. :heavydrink:
    Survivor of 2012, BTH, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017

Aborted/Abysmal-Dawn/Abyssal/Ade/Adversarial/Aenaon/Aeon/Aeternam/Alkaloid/Antichrist/APMD/Archspire/Autopsy/Barren-Earth/Benighted/Beyond-Creation/Black-Breath/Blues-Pills/Bodyfarm/Bölzer/Byzantine/Carnal-Forge/Church-of-Misery/Condition-Critical/Condor/Craven-Idol/The-Crown/Cut-Up/Dark-Fortress/Darkest-Hour/Dark-Tranquillity/Dead-Congregation/Death-Breath/Deathhammer/Defeated-Sanity/Degial/Denner-Shermann/Deströyer-666/Deviant-Process/Diabolic-Night/Dew-Scented/Divinity/Division-Speed/Dyscarnate/Ensnared/Evil-Invaders/Execration/Firespawn/Foreseen/Funeral-Whore/Goatwhore/Gorod/Graveyard(Sweden-or-Spain)/Gruesome/Hail-of-Bullets/Haken/Harlott/Harm(Norway)/Hellbringer/Hooded-Menace/Hypocrisy/Igorrr/In-Twilight's-Embrace/Inanimate-Existence/Inculter/Inferi/Infestus/Insomnium/Jess-And-The-Ancient-Ones/King's-Evil/Kreator/Legion-of-the-Damned/Lich-King/Lvcifyre/Maat/Mammoth-Grinder/Man-Must-Die/Meshuggah/Mgla/Miasmal/Miseration/Mitochondrian/Mutoid-Man/Nader-Sadek/Nails/Ne-Obliviscaris/Necrophobic/Necrot/Negative-Plane/Nekrofilth/Nekromantheon/Nevermore/Nightbreed/Night-Flight-Orchestra/Nigredo/Nocturnal-Graves/Obliteration(Norway)/Obscura/Obscure-Infinity/Obsequiae/October-Tide/Onslaught/Opeth/Orator/Outre/Pallbearer/Persefone/Perversifier/Pestifer/Phrenelith/Power-Trip/Pro-Pain/Protector/Purson/Ranger/Ramming-Speed/Razor/Recueil-Morbide/Repugnant/Ripper/Scorched/Scythian/Septicflesh/Serpents-Lair/Shape-of-Despair/Shrine-of-Insanabilis/Skeletonwitch/Solipsist/Solution-.45/Sorcery/Soreption/Speedtrap/Speedwolf/Suffering-Hour/Sulphur-Aeon/Svart-Crown/Swallow-The-Sun/Swallowed/Sylosis/Take-Over-And-Destroy/Teethgrinder/Temple-of-Baal/Temple-of-Void/Terrifier/Thantifaxath/Thy-Darkened-Shade/Toxic-Holocaust/Tribulation/Triptykon/Triumvir-Foul/Turbid-North/Ulsect/Uncle-Acid/Unfathomable-Ruination/Vampire/Vastum/Vektor/Venefixion/Venenum/Vicious-Art/Vomitory/Vorum/Warbringer/Watain/Witchcraft/Witchery/Wolfheart/Year-of-the-Goat/Zhrine/ZOM

Green - Most Wanted | Red - Booked
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 4:26 pm

Fuck Yeah I'm ready to Party!!! :3drunks:
    ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-ArchEneny-/-AmonAmarth-/-Atrophy-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-SLAYERlastshow-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-Doyle-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-ViscularAssault-/-Clutch-/-Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-JungleRot-/-BrokenHope-/-NuclearAssault-/-Solstafir-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Dec 24, 2015 5:56 pm

Hoping I'm not the only pathetically nostalgic non-cruiser who swings by here regularly just to see what's up and how things are going. Even though I'm not sailing next year and may not for some time to come, I was thinking back to 70K forum xmases past and how many great friendships I found here and all the laughter and good times we've had onbroad and off.

So, with that, here's wishing you all, UMC cast n' crew, sailors old and new, a kickass fun, safe and happy holiday season and I hope Santandy has some great announcements to unwrap for ya over the coming weeks!

Cheers 70K! :beerbang:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:27 pm

:beerbang:
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    Jimbo2392
    Petty Officer

by Jimbo2392 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:37 pm

To all those who I was fortunate enough to meet on broad on my 1st edition in '15 and to the ones I will meet next year perhaps haha..happy holidays! :beerhorns: :bangers:
    '15 7598
    '16 7455
    '17 Skip
    '18 3612
    Azazel101
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Azazel101 » Thu Dec 24, 2015 7:46 pm

Again, 70K, Best week of the Year.
    Thank You St. Andyclaws
    now give me a present
    Marry Christmas too all my fellow Metal Heads
  • bodomdragon
    Sub-Lieutenant

by bodomdragon » Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:57 am

Merry Christmas everyone! Hope to see you all in a few weeks.
    Wishlist:

Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Fri Dec 25, 2015 4:33 am

Joyful Yuletide for everyone! Or "Hyvää joulua!" :beerwink:

I have a friend from the U.S. over for her first Yule ever (apparently Jews don't celebrate Santa's birthday), so trying to have a traditional celebration. You know, a Yule tree, ham and all sorts of casseroles, visit from Santa and announcements for 70k.
    Wishlist:
    FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Fri Dec 25, 2015 11:14 am

OMG, Christmas isn't SANTA's birthday o_O
    DragonLordJones
    Lieutenant

by DragonLordJones » Fri Dec 25, 2015 3:30 pm

FrenchMachoBoy wrote:OMG, Christmas isn't SANTA's birthday o_O

When is Santa's birthday ? Has it even been mentioned throughout tale/history ?

I don't recall ... why can't it be the 25th ? :lol: :cheers: :givebeer: :chug: :lol:
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Sat Dec 26, 2015 2:39 am

DragonLordJones wrote:
    FrenchMachoBoy wrote:OMG, Christmas isn't SANTA's birthday o_O

When is Santa's birthday ? Has it even been mentioned throughout tale/history ?

I don't recall ... why can't it be the 25th ? :lol: :cheers: :givebeer: :chug: :lol:

Saint Nicholas, now commonly known as Santa Claus, is said to have been born on the 15th of March 270.
    2012: 2093
    2015: 8671
    2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:42 am

That's Christian propaganda.
    Wishlist:
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:52 am

No kidding, hence the reason I specifically mentioned "is said to have been...". We're talking about Santa's birthday here, don't take that too seriously. :lol:

2019 Wishlist:
    AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-Candlemass-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
    Rjturtle9
    Crewman

by Rjturtle9 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:09 am

Alright now that Santa's birthday has come and gone I'm really starting to worry about those band announcements! :|
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Sat Dec 26, 2015 4:26 am

If you're already booked on the cruise, you're already going anyway so don't worry about it. It's those people on the fence that should really be worried.

2019 Wishlist:
    cronos23462
    Oiler

by cronos23462 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:31 am

do we get some kind of refund if there is only 40 bands? Not looking good for 20 more to be announced
    soilwork ,scar symmetry ,solution .45,dream evil, overkill, accept, venom inc,
    doomguy
    Sub-Lieutenant

by doomguy » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:46 am

40 days is plenty of time to announce 20 bands, I'm sure there will be 60 bands.

2019 Wishlist:
    Razor Ramon
    Midshipman

by Razor Ramon » Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:47 am

For 2015 there were 24 left with a month to go.
    70000 Tons 2019
    Wishlist:Anneke-Van-Geirsbergen-VUUR-/-Battlelore-/-Borknagar-/-My-Dying-Bride-/-Draconian-/-Harakiri-For-The-Sky-/-The-Gathering-/-Anathema-/-Within-Temptation-/-Novembre-/-Katatonia-/-Lacuna-Coil-/-Rainover-/-Moonspell-/-Liv-Kristine-/-Funeral-/-Isole/-Nightwish-/-Riverside-/-The-Crown-/-Autumnal-/-Aeonian-Sorrow-/-Throes-Of-Dawn-/-Thurisaz-/-Daylight-Dies-/-Shape-Of-Despair-/-Asphyx-/-Wintersun-/-Arcturus-/-Be'lakor-/-Ereb-Altor-/-Evocation-/-Tyranny-/-The-Foreshadowing-/-Sulphur-Aeon-/-Saturnus-/-Noumena-/-Blackthorn-/-Ajattara-/-Sojourner-/-Oceans-Of-Slumber-/-Lik-/-Thyrfing-/-In-The-Woods-/-Skepticism-/-Heaven-Shall-Burn-/-Darkwell-/-Vetrar-Draugurinn-/-Dark-Fortress-/-Orphaned-Land-/-Therion-/-Haggard-/-Draconian-/-Novembers-Doom-/-Bloodred-Hourglass-/-Bowel-Fuck-/-Batushka-/-Mork-/-Devour-The-Fetus-/-Perturbator-/-Carpenter-Brut-/-Hallatar-/-Infiltration-/-Myrkur-/-Before-The-Dawn-/-Letters-From-The-Colony-/-Demonical-/-Helevorn-/-Viscera-Infest-/-Wormrot-/-And-Oceans
    My musical taste:http://www.last.fm/user/Anthony3
    slayergeek
    Chief Petty Officer

by slayergeek » Sat Dec 26, 2015 10:16 am

cronos23462 wrote:do we get some kind of refund if there is only 40 bands? Not looking good for 20 more to be announced

All bands will be announced before the cruise, this is classic Andy...for better or worse.

10 band will probably announced for New Years, with the final 10 sometime before sail. Or....he could even wait until 20 days before sail and announce one band per day until we board.

Either way there will be at least 60 band and possible 61 (he has been know to go one over in case someone cancels at the last min)
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,See_You_In_2019

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    • iPhone Version-https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/70k-bands/id958759290?mt=8
    • Android Version-https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Bands70k

WishList
    • The_Crown-/-Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/-Violence-/
    Madkill
    Petty Officer

by Madkill » Sat Dec 26, 2015 1:46 pm

Feliz Navidad, and a prosperous (announcements filled) new year.
    "All in the same boat
    Rockin' on the same route,
    We gotta get together, join each other"
    - Bob Marley
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:18 pm

cronos23462 wrote:do we get some kind of refund if there is only 40 bands? Not looking good for 20 more to be announced

LOL - can tell you are new around here :lol:

As others have said, this is classic UMC. Even though its nearly 3 months since the last band got added, we've still got more at this point than we had at the same time last year.

So we will absolutely get 20 more bands. Just don't expect 20 headliners :P There will be hopefully a few big names (we had bands like Soulfly, Trouble and Anvil in the final 20 this year), maybe a big surprise final announcement like Wintersun, then a bunch of lesser-known bands.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    2020 Wishlist
    Rjturtle9
    Crewman

by Rjturtle9 » Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:47 pm

True, but there are still tons of cabin categories available then last round this time though. It would be pretty smart thinking to throw out some bands in order to capitalize on some of the younger early 20 crowd that looked under the tree and found cash from lazy santas. Now the last chance I feel that most would have to money to book that would.
  • Mr. HCI
    Crewman

by Mr. HCI » Sat Dec 26, 2015 9:20 pm

Trying to figure out Andy's logic is like trying to understand quantum field theory. We can all make our educated guesses and pretend like we understand, but in reality there are only about 5 people in the world who will ever know what in the hell he's thinking. But don't worry.. as others have said, it somehow miraculously seems to work out in the end.
Post Reply 2908 posts