Post Reply 12 posts Page 1 of 1
2015 Fifa Women's World Cup
    Jimbo2392
    Petty Officer

2015 Fifa Women's World Cup

by Jimbo2392 » Tue Jun 09, 2015 5:15 pm

Sooo is anybody here watching it. Might not be as exciting as the men's Fifa. But it has preety good moments in my opinion. Anybody else?
    '15 7598
    '16 7455
    '17 Skip
    '18 3612
    Feanorgandalf
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: 2015 Fifa Women's World Cup

by Feanorgandalf » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:53 pm

Yeah I'm watching it. I love Soccer (Football) regardless. This year it's in Canada with one of the stadiums 3 hours away from where I live. Basically anything to advance the sport in this country is a great thing. Also gets us out there as a potential (although unlikely) host country for the mens cup.
  • klons
    Chief Petty Officer

by klons » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:04 pm

Feanorgandalf wrote:Yeah I'm watching it. I love Soccer (Football) regardless. This year it's in Canada with one of the stadiums 3 hours away from where I live. Basically anything to advance the sport in this country is a great thing. Also gets us out there as a potential (although unlikely) host country for the mens cup.

We also hosted the 2007 Men's U-20 World Cup. (In Vancouver) I got the chance to see Gerard Pique, Juan Mata and Edinson Cavani (among others) before they were actual stars!
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017 Survivor.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Jun 09, 2015 11:12 pm

Saw Japan defeat Switzerland 1 - 0 last night at BC Place and will be following lots on tv until hitting a quarter final game in a couple weeks or so. Canada looked very ill-prepared at times vs China and were super fortunate to get a late free kick for the win in their first prelim but hopefully shook the rust off and are ready to go deep vs some very tough opposition. Both my heart teams (Can/Jpn) got fortuitous calls in their openers. I hope that trend continues of course but really hope it's not necessary haha. Germany, USA and Brazil all scare the becrap outta me but am looking forward to all. :headbanger:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Jun 10, 2015 4:58 pm

Hoping the US can end their little drought. The loss in the Final last time was tough.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:09 pm

The US team has played well on the back end, but their attack leaves much to be desired. They just don't look like a contender at this point. Luckily, they should be able to get by China with even a mediocre performance.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:36 pm

US team are an arrogant bunch. Hope Australia get a second chance to smack them down! :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:56 pm

cowboy71 wrote:US team are an arrogant bunch. Hope Australia get a second chance to smack them down! :P

Hey! This is one soccer thing we're actually good at. I don't want the rest of the world catching up. :lol: :beerwink:
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 2:50 pm

Aussie girls fought well against Japan. They got hammered in the last 10 minutes though and it was inevitable that Japan would score :(
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Wed Jul 01, 2015 3:31 pm

Still grieving the loss to England on the weekend. Really had my heart set on battling Japan today to see who would face the US. My heart is full behind Japan now but really wanted to be torn in two over today's match lol. Ah well, England were full value for their win and it was just a Canadian blunder on their first tally that kept us from a very exciting finish. Enjoy the rest of the matches folks!

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:04 pm

Woohoo! Back on top. :deathhorns: Unfortunately, I didn't get to see most of the match because the cat had a vet appointment. At least I got to see the team celebrate.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Jul 14, 2015 10:36 am

mooyagi wrote:Woohoo! Back on top. :deathhorns: Unfortunately, I didn't get to see most of the match because the cat had a vet appointment. At least I got to see the team celebrate.

Not the most competitive game ever. I think if not for that 3rd goal going over the Japanese keeper the way it had, or if she'd gotten just a bit bigger piece of it, then it might have been a closer battle. As it was, even once the Japanese girls scored, it was still just so far out of reach. They sorta collapsed the same way Canada did after giving up 2 early tallies to England. Sort of shell-shocked to give up 2 quick goals like that so early that they could never recover. And the US got so much confidence out of their early goals they really just steamrolled their way through to the final whistle.

All in all, a very entertaining tournament and it was awesome to have it hosted here and see all the fans from all over the world. US fans really took over downtown Vancouver for much of the day of the final and it was strange to see. I don't mind it at the beginning of a hockey game but I REALLY don't wanna hear that song sung in victory in any of our barns again for a long time tyvm :evil: ;)

Post Reply 12 posts Page 1 of 1