Locked 32 posts Page 1 of 1
Help get Chain Mail Santa back on board this year
    slayergeek
    Chief Petty Officer

Help get Chain Mail Santa back on board this year

by slayergeek » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:47 pm

Apparently Martin Geckeler (AKA Chain Mail Santa) was not going to go this year because he could not afford it. When word leaked out on Facebook that this was the case, people started hounding him to create a Go Fund Me Page to help him out. It would not be the same without Chain Mail Santa after all.

He has semi reluctantly, and rather late done so. This was just setup today and I and others have already contributed. If you don't want to miss the 70K ritual of seeing Chain Mail Santa enjoying his metal self in ways that few can, you should contribute ASAP and help get him on the ship!

https://www.gofundme.com/7uz5y55z?fb_ac ... 1935%22%5D
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,See_You_In_2019

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    • iPhone Version-https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/70k-bands/id958759290?mt=8
    • Android Version-https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Bands70k

WishList
    • The_Crown-/-Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/-Violence-/
    SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Help get Chain Mail Santa back on board this year

by SaraMarie » Fri Jan 08, 2016 12:51 pm

There's already a few forum members here who have donated or are going to do it, and honestly the more of us who chip in a fiver or more, the better the chances. We can totally do this.

I'd hate to see the children (AKA the newbies) missing out on a time honored tradition of seeing Chain Mail Santa passed out in various places. I've also met him in the airport going home last year, and he seemed like a very nice person.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:55 pm

2500€ ? Isn't that 1000€ too much ? o_O
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
    metalmaciejmetal
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalmaciejmetal » Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:58 pm

When I first read "chain mail" I didn't clue in that it had to do with the armour. I thought it was one of those silly send 5 of these letter to find love or for good luck. I was wondering why Santa is involved in these sorts of gimmicks.
    Survivor 2016 and 2017
    slayergeek
    Chief Petty Officer

by slayergeek » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:08 pm

FrenchMachoBoy wrote:2500€ ? Isn't that 1000€ too much ? o_O

Maybe, but the mans alcohol budget has to be enormous :)
    Last edited by slayergeek on Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Survivor

WishList
    • The_Crown-/-Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/-Violence-/
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:40 pm

slayergeek wrote:

Maybe, but the mans alcohol budget has to me enormous :)

Or airfare!
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - Very unlikely...dates suck and tired of waiting!

Please...AEther.Realm-|-Alestorm-|-Amaranthe-|-Amon.Amarth-|-Ancient.Bards-|-Anthrax-|-Apocalyptica-|-Astral.Doors-|-Atlas.Pain-|-Avantasia-|-Battle.Beast-|-Beast.in.Black-|-Behemoth-|-Belzebubs-|-Blind.Guardian-|-Borknagar-|-Brymir-|-Cain's.Offering-|-Chthonic-|-Civil.War-|-Dark.Moor-|-Dark.Tranquility-|-Death.Angel-|-Demons.and.Wizards-|-Dimmu.Borgir-|-Doro-|-DragonForce-|-Dragonland-|-Edguy-|-Epica-|-Equilibrium-|-Ex.Deo-|-Exodus-|-Firewind-|-Flotsam.and.Jetsam-|-Gamma.Ray-|-Grailknights-|-Grave.Digger-|-Gyze-|-Haggard-|-Hammerfall-|-Heathen.Foray-|-Helloween-|-Helstar-|-Holy.Grail-|-Hypocrisy-|-Iced.Earth-|-In.Extremo-|-Insomnium-|-Korpiklaani-|-Kreator-|-Lacuna.Coil-|-Lizzy.Borden-|-Moonspell-|-Myrkur-|-Nightwish-|-Nothgard-|-Oceans.of.Slumber-|-Omnium.Gatherum-|-Orden.Ogan-|-Powerwolf-|-Primordial-|-Psychostick-|-Refuge-|-Running.Wild-|-Sabaton-|-Saltatio.Mortis-|-Savatage-|-Saxon-|-Serious.Black-|-Shylmagoghnar-|-Skiltron-|-Stratovarius-|-Testament-|-Therion-|-Turisas-|-U.D.O.-|-Uli.Jon.Roth-|-Unisonic-|-Venom-|-Visigoth-|-Wintersun-|-Wolfheart-|-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
  • Mark
    Petty Officer

by Mark » Fri Jan 08, 2016 2:51 pm

mbob wrote:
    slayergeek wrote:

Maybe, but the mans alcohol budget has to me enormous :)

Or airfare!

He's german, so the flight alone is going to cost ~1000$
    Alestorm/Amaranthe/Anneke/Avantasia/Blind Guardian/Civil War/Devin Townsend/Apokalyptische Reiter/Edguy/Ensiferum/Equilibrium/Falconer/Gloryhammer/Grave Digger/Heidevolk/Korpiklaani/Omnium Gatherum/Powerwolf/Rage/Sabaton/Saxon/Therion/Trollfest/Wintersun
    SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Fri Jan 08, 2016 3:18 pm

He's mentioned that $1500 would be the bare minimum if he can get an $800 cabin and $700 airfare. That airfare might be possible, but I don't know about the cabin, he'd have to find someone willing to sell him a spot in a cheap one. There's a guy trying to offload one for $800, but there's also $100 or $300 fee on top of that (it might be $300 now since it's so late).

So I don't think it's too outlandish, but he could go on less in a pinch for sure. Plenty of people will be buying him beers, anyway, I assume, and he can sleep wherever... as he's shown us so many times before.

70k should give him a discount maybe for being an unofficial mascot, heh.
    Top Picks: Allegaeon, Angelus Apatrida, Arkona, At the Gates, Chthonic, Devin Townsend, Down, Eluveitie, Enabler, Ex Mortus, Exodus, Eyehategod, Finntroll, Havok, Hypocrisy, Iced Earth, Ihsahn, Kreator, Nervosa, Nylithia, Rotting Christ, Sabaton, Sodom
    FrenchMachoBoy
    Chief Petty Officer

by FrenchMachoBoy » Fri Jan 08, 2016 4:18 pm

$700 airplane can be lowered ; because of oil decrease the flights costs have been highly lowered.
    Berlin Miami departure 1st; back on the 9th : 471€.
    2019 for ABBATH+AGENT STEEL+CORONATUS+DARK ANGEL+DARK SARAH+KING DIAMOND+LEE AARON+LITA FORD+MIDNATTSOL+NECRODEATH+NOCTURNUS+ONSLAUGHT+PARADOX+REPULSION+SACRIFICE+THE DARK ELEMENT+VENOM INC.
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 1:55 am

FrenchMachoBoy wrote:$700 airplane can be lowered ; because of oil decrease the flights costs have been highly lowered.

If you live in Berlin.
    Mail Santa lives in small place close to Hailderberg. It would cost him €200 to get to Berlin by train. And get from Miami to FL = costs.
    Besides, he will be buying his tickets last minute, more expensive for sure that today.
    I have been to 5 cruises flying from Europe. You really need minimum of €2000 for cabin, flights, get to and back from airport, food, drinks (not even alcoholic) during the trip and before boarding.

I agree with Sara Marie - he is official mascot of 70k :bangers:
    70K 2012, Barge to Hell, 70K 2014, 70K 2016, 70K 2018, 70K 2019
    SaraMarie
    Chief Petty Officer

by SaraMarie » Sat Jan 09, 2016 7:03 am

Mal2000 wrote:
    FrenchMachoBoy wrote:$700 airplane can be lowered ; because of oil decrease the flights costs have been highly lowered.

If you live in Berlin.
    Mail Santa lives in small place close to Hailderberg. It would cost him €200 to get to Berlin by train. And get from Miami to FL = costs.
    Besides, he will be buying his tickets last minute, more expensive for sure that today.
    I have been to 5 cruises flying from Europe. You really need minimum of €2000 for cabin, flights, get to and back from airport, food, drinks (not even alcoholic) during the trip and before boarding.

I agree with Sara Marie - he is official mascot of 70k :bangers:

Yeah, living away from an airport that is a major hub really does raise the cost of flying. I can say that when I've looked up flying to Europe (about the same distance) it takes around $500 off if I just take a Greyhound to Toronto. Santa lives straight down from Frankfurt, he should take a train up there and then fly, but in my experience an inter-city train ride in Europe isn't cheap.

Anyway, I think if it comes close, someone will hook him up with a floor or couch to sleep on, and many people will be buying him beers.

I'm surprised to see how much he's already raised. I think he'll make it! :beerbang:
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 8:56 am

SaraMarie wrote:
    Santa lives straight down from Frankfurt, he should take a train up there and then fly, but in my experience an inter-city train ride in Europe isn't cheap.

I'm surprised to see how much he's already raised. I think he'll make it! :beerbang:

well, he still has about 120km to Frankfurt :) one way
    Anyway, we do all we can and he can already book from the amount I see :)
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:50 am

The cost of the train really depends if you take regional or IC or the ICE.
    Although seeming as he'd be traveling to the airport after the weekend he couldn't use the weekender pass ticket which saves a lot of money if you use only regional.
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:46 am

Donation made. Hope we can get Martin, a living mascot of 70K, back again!

metalmaciejmetal wrote:When I first read "chain mail" I didn't clue in that it had to do with the armour. I thought it was one of those silly send 5 of these letter to find love or for good luck. I was wondering why Santa is involved in these sorts of gimmicks.

Now THAT's funny....and yet totally understandable. :lol:
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
    slayergeek
    Chief Petty Officer

by slayergeek » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:27 pm

Anyone have a cabin space/hotel for Martin Geckeler (Chain Mail Santa). He has 1,100 for for both. He already has a flight. Anyone able to step up the plate. Time is running short.
    Survivor

WishList
    General Zod
    Chief Petty Officer

by General Zod » Fri Jan 29, 2016 1:21 pm

slayergeek wrote:Anyone have a cabin space/hotel for Martin Geckeler (Chain Mail Santa). He has 1,100 for for both. He already has a flight. Anyone able to step up the plate. Time is running short.
    There's someone on the ProgPower forum looking for a last minute roommate:

http://www.ultimatemetal.com/forum/thre ... e.1000195/
    ***WISH-LIST***Accept-†-Aether-Realm-†-Ajattara-†-Almanac-†-Amon-Amarth-†-Antropomorphia-†-Anubis-Gate-†-Ashes-of-Ares-†-Aska-†-Asphyx-†-Bastard-Sapling-†-Be'lakor-†-Behemoth-†-Below-†-Binary-Creed-†-Blind-Guardian-†-Blood-Red-Throne-†-Brainstorm-†-Brothers-of-Metal-†-Craven-Idol-†-Cult-of-Luna-†-Dark-Tranquillity-†-Darkest-Era-†-Deafheaven-†-Demons-&-Wizards-†-Diviner-†-Ex-Deo-†-Fallujah-†-Gatecreeper-†-God-Dethroned-†-Gorgoroth-†-Grand-Magus-†-Hyperion-†-Iced-Earth-†-Immolation-†-InnerWish-†-Inquisition-†-Iron-Savior-†-Jag-Panzer-†-Junius-†-Manimal-†-Manowar-†-Mantar-†-Mastodon-†-Mechina-†-Mgla-†-My-Dying-Bride-†-Mystic-Prophecy-†-Necrot-†-Nevermore-†-Night-Demon-†-Nokturnal-Mortem-†-Oak-Pantheon-†-Phrenelith-†-Pillorian-†-Powerwolf-†-Primal-Fear†-Primordial-†-Rotting-Christ-†-Samael-†-Shade-Empire-†-Sorcerer-†-Sulphur-Aeon-†-Sumerlands-†-Temple-of-Void-†-Thyrfing-†-Tribulation-†-Triptykon-†-UADA-†-Unleash-the-Archers-†-Visigoth-†-Vredehammer-†-Wiegedood-†-Wildernessking-†-Woe-†-Zhrine
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Jan 29, 2016 3:41 pm

There were a couple of "looking for someone" posts on the Forum Fiends FB Group also. :bangers:
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Fri Jan 29, 2016 4:00 pm

Single male $666 quads are still for sale,that eats up the entire $1,100 unfortunately .If he could get someone to share a room in Miami or somewhere close ,I doubt he would need any other money.Just wear his chain jail and cap and he is go for free drinks .
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    slayergeek
    Chief Petty Officer

by slayergeek » Fri Jan 29, 2016 5:20 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:Single male $666 quads are still for sale,that eats up the entire $1,100 unfortunately .If he could get someone to share a room in Miami or somewhere close ,I doubt he would need any other money.Just wear his chain jail and cap and he is go for free drinks .

Good idea, I passed it onto him via Facebook. I hope he pulls this off. I fear he has waited too long.
    Survivor

WishList
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:43 pm

He booked his flight already & keeps looking for cheap cabin
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:17 pm

Mal2000 wrote:He booked his flight already & keeps looking for cheap cabin

Someone sneak him onbroad in a steamer trunk. He can crash in our shower. :mrgreen:
    2020 Wishlist:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:38 pm

He might want to hurry. Booking is going to close very soon i think. Maybe this weekend?
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:33 pm

Saw the Facebook post ,that sucks very much ,someone gave 1,000 euros just 2 days ago to help with cruise.Whoever helped him ,I salute you :viking: .
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    slayergeek
    Chief Petty Officer

by slayergeek » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:38 pm

Actually he got every he needed. Was in Florida with his ship passage secure and he got robbed. From what I hear he has the cloths on his back and his passport. He should still be on board, but not a great start to his trip.
    Last edited by slayergeek on Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Survivor

WishList
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:39 pm

And apparently just got robbed, luggage, tickets etc in South Beach
    8 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:00 pm

Be careful everybody ,Miami is just like any other tourist town with many criminals,they problably target some black t-shirt people now because it screams tourist .I sure the local thieves are aware of the metal cruises now that so many have been leaving from there.In the beginning they problably just thought black shirts were just poor Flordia Metal heads and didn't bother with them.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    biertroll
    Midshipman

by biertroll » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:55 pm

And don't get drunk alone.
    70000tons 2020 Wishlist: EYEHATEGOD, Carpathian Forest, Demons & Wizards, SSS, Magrudergrind, Asphyx

Deck ? 2020
    Survived 70K 12,14,15,16, 17. PsychoCA 15. PsychoLV 16, 17, 18. MDF 13,14,15. QDF 18.
    Hoppy McGee
    Chief Petty Officer

by Hoppy McGee » Tue Feb 02, 2016 9:33 am

This is disgusting.....There is no place for scumbags like this in society.... :evil: .

Someone posted a "Chainmail Santa sighting" to one of the Facebook groups but I don't think they realized what was actually going on in this picture. Judging by the high heeled boots beside the dudes on the bench that are going through his stuff I don't think he was their first victim of the day. Aren't there any police in South Beach!?!....can't believe people would have the balls to just shake people down out in the open like this...and in broad daylight no less!! But then again I'm just a small town naive Canadian.

70k 2016 Cabin 9399
    70k 2017 Cabin 2364
    70k 2018 Cabin 9678
    70K 2019 Cabin 2358
    MY.LITTLE.WISHLIST_____**CAPS=MOST.WANTED**
    /-3.Inches.of.Blood.(Reunion)-/1914-/-ABBATH-/-Ablaze.My.Sorrow-/-Abysmal.Dawn-/-Aether.Realm-/-Alkaloid-/-ALLEGAEON-/-Anciients-/-AMON.AMARTH-/-Amorphis-/-ARCHSPIRE-/-Armored.Saint-/-Ash.Borer-/Asphyx-/-AT.THE.GATES-/-AUTOPSY-/-Barren.Earth-/-Battlelore-/-Behemoth-/-BE'LAKOR-/-Benighted-/-Black.Crown.Initiate-/-Black.Earth-/-Black.Fast-/-Blood.Incantation-/-Bloodhunter-/-Bolt.Thrower,(wishful.thinking)-/-Bölzer-/-Borknagar-/-Brymir-/-Cancer-/-Cannabis.Corpse-/-CARCASS-/-CATTLE.DECAPITATION-/-Cloak-/-Coffins-/-Cormorant-/Corrosion.of.Conformity-/-Craven.Idol-/-Crypt.Sermon-/-Critical.Mess-/-Cut.Up-/-Dark.Angel-/-DARK.FORTRESS-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-DAWN.OF.DISEASE-/-Daylight.Dies-/-Dead.Congregation-/-Damnation.Defaced-/-Death.Angel-/-Decapitated-/-Demolition.Hammer-/-Demonical-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Desaster-/-Deserted.Fear-/-DESTROYER.666-/-Desultory.(more.wishful.thinking)/-DISMEMBER.(wishful.thinking.that's.actually.possible.now!!!)-/-Draconian-/-Drakwald-/-Dying.Fetus-/-Dyscarnate-/-Emperor-/-Enforcer-/-Entombed-/-Entrails-/-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-/-Feral-/-FINNTROLL-/-Firespawn-/-Flotsam.&.Jetsam-/-GHOUL-/-Goatwhore-/-GOJIRA-/-Gorguts-/-Gorod-/-Grand.Magus-/-Grave-/-Grave.Miasma-/-Graveworm-/-Gruesome-/-Gutter.Instinct-/-Hallatar-/-Harakiri.for.the.Sky-/-Hate.Eternal-/-Hatesphere-/-Hath-/-Haunt-/-Hellbringer-/-High.on.Fire-/-Hooded.Menace-/-HORRENDOUS-/-Horrified-/-HYPOCRISY-/-Ihsahn-/-Immolation-/-Inanimate.Existence-/-Insomnium-/-Jungle.Rot-/-Kadaver-/-Kaoteon-/-Keep.of.Kalessin-/-Khemmis-/-King.Goat-/-King.of.Asgard-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-LEGION.OF.THE.DAMNED-/-LIK-/-Lucifer's.Child-/-Magic.Circle-/-Magoth-/-Mammoth.Grinder-/-Master-/-Mastodon-/-MGLA-/-Miasmal-/-MIDNIGHT-/-MISERY.INDEX-/-Moonspell-/-Morta.Skuld-/-My.Dying.Bride-/-Necrophobic-/-Necrot-/-Nuclear.Assault-/-Okkultist-/-Orange.Goblin-/-Ossuarium-/-Outre.Tomb-/-Phlebotomized-/-Power.Trip-/-Powerwolf-/-PRIMORDIAL-/-Profanal-/-Protector-/-Psycroptic-/-Replacaire-/-Revocation-/-Ripper-/-Rivers.of.Nihil-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Ruby.the.Hatchet-/-Sacred.Monster-/-Sacrifice-/-SATAN-/-Satyricon-/-Skálmöld-/-Skeletal.Remains-/-SOEN-/-Suffocation-/-Sulphur-/-SULPHUR.AEON-/-Taake-/-TANKARD-/-Tau.Cross-/-Temple.of.Void-/-Terrorizer-/-Testament-/-The.Crown-/-The.Lurking.Fear-/-The.Wretched.End-/-THULCANDRA-/-Thyrfing-/-Tomb.Mold-/-Tribulation-/-Uada-/-Unleashed-/-VADER-/-Vampire-/-Vanum-/-Vektor-/-Venom.Inc.-/-Vesperia-/-Vredehammer-/-Watain-/-Xentrix/{white=booked}/{red=ruled.out}
    slayergeek
    Chief Petty Officer

by slayergeek » Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:39 am

Hoppy McGee wrote:This is disgusting.....There is no place for scumbags like this in society.... :evil: .

Someone posted a "Chainmail Santa sighting" to one of the Facebook groups but I don't think they realized what was actually going on in this picture. Judging by the high heeled boots beside the dudes on the bench that are going through his stuff I don't think he was their first victim of the day. Aren't there any police in South Beach!?!....can't believe people would have the balls to just shake people down out in the open like this...and in broad daylight no less!! But then again I'm just a small town naive Canadian.

Is this really is a picture of him getting robbed. If your interpretation is correct, then we need to get the police involved. Saying my stuff was stolen doesn't get you very far. Saying my stuff was stolen, and here is picture of the crime when it happened, and most of the faces are clearly identifiable is another matter.
    Survivor

WishList
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:43 am

biertroll wrote:And don't get drunk alone.

This is an important part!!!
    metal4ever
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:10 pm

That area in the picture is a place to avoid or just not have any contact with the people.I walked by there and the people where all "hey can I talk to you a minute " ,I am very tall and thin and until I speak most people assume I am a Northern European person in Miami during the cruise.I just walk away,I hear that whiney shit all the time ,I grew around people like that.This explains why I mainly listen to Black Metal these days lol.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:54 pm

Sucks to hear but yeah like stated.thieves are aware of the random Europeans over for 70k and targeting them.miami is rough in a lot of areas anyway.same shit happens at European metal festivals btw.best device drink in. Group.dont approach dodgy looking groups on your own.myself and Paul have gotten around rough situations in the past by letting said goons know in advance we are people who aren't gonna take shit.
Locked 32 posts Page 1 of 1