Post Reply 14 posts Page 1 of 1
Coronavirus impacting festivals?
    Tiki108
    Petty Officer

Coronavirus impacting festivals?

by Tiki108 » Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:37 pm

So, anyone else worried that this won't get better before the summer music festivals start and they'll get cancelled? I'm supposed to be going to Graspop, but I haven't even booked our flights yet cause there's been a lot of issues surrounding cancellations and refunds. In my line of work I often handle dispute claims and we've had so many right now with not only airline disputes, but travel insurance not wanting to cover cancellations, even when they have been "cancel for any reason" policies.
    70K: 2014, 2020
    MDF: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    Summer Breeze: 2014, 2015
    Party.San: 2015
    ProgPower: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
    Trveheim: 2018

2021_Wishlist:

Just please be on Royal Caribbean....
    • meshuggah
      Ensign

Re: Coronavirus impacting festivals?

by meshuggah » Tue Mar 10, 2020 7:45 pm

Coachella and Stagecoach have both been moved to October.
      cegr80
      Ensign

by cegr80 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 8:19 am

My next festival is Psycho Las Vegas, which is in August. Hopefully by then all this coronacrap has vanished??
      2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 Survivor
      2021 Wishlist:
      1349|A.Pale.Horse.Named.Death|Aephanemer|Akercocke|Alkaloid|Arcturus|Augury|Avatar|Avslut|Be'lakor|Belzebubs|Black.Crown.Initiate|Borknagar|Carpathian.Forest|Chthonic|Dark.Fortress|Darkthrone|Deicide|Dethklok|Diablo.Swing.Orchestra|Dimmu.Borgir|Dødheimsgard|Edguy|Finsterforst|First.Fragment|Galaktikon|Gamma.Ray|Helmet|Inferi|Irreversible.Mechanism|Kaoteon|Keep.Of.Kalessin|Lillake|Loch.Vostok|Melechesh|Mgła|Micawber|Moonshade|My.Dying.Bride|Nightwish|Nocny.Kochanek|Novembre|Old.Man's.Child|Pallbearer|Pyrexia|Sarke|Satyricon|Schammasch|Scour|Shape.The.Above|Shining(Nor)|Slugdge|Sulphur.Aeon|The.Kovenant|Tomb.Mold|Triptykon|Tryglav|Turisas|Uada|Ulver|Virvum|Wardehns|Watain|Wind.Rose
      Tiki108
      Petty Officer

by Tiki108 » Wed Mar 11, 2020 11:24 am

I really hope it's all gone before then, but seems like it's only getting worse. :cry:

2021_Wishlist:

Pellaz
        Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:18 pm

Tiki108 wrote:
        Tue Mar 10, 2020 5:37 pm
        So, anyone else worried that this won't get better before the summer music festivals start and they'll get cancelled? I'm supposed to be going to Graspop, but I haven't even booked our flights yet cause there's been a lot of issues surrounding cancellations and refunds. In my line of work I often handle dispute claims and we've had so many right now with not only airline disputes, but travel insurance not wanting to cover cancellations, even when they have been "cancel for any reason" policies.
        Yes, because this became a "named event." Once a disaster is named, then CFAR insurance purchased after the event start doesn't cover it. :evil:
        2021 Wishlist:
        1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Bloodbath--Blood.Red.Throne--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce
        --Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--
        Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon
        2015: Survivor
        2016: Survivor
        2017: Survivor
        2018: Survivor
        2019: Survivor
        2020: Survivor
        2021: SoooOOOooooooon
        cowboy71
        Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:21 am

DARK MOFO festival in Tasmania won't go ahead this year because of this.

My Chemical Romance have pulled out of DOWNLOAD JAPAN, scheduled to take place 29th March. So, without a headliner I'm guessing that one won't go ahead.

No word on Download Australia yet, scheduled to take place next weekend.

But yeah, this isn't blowing over in a hurry. I wouldn't want to planning to hit any Euro festivals in the summer :(
        Upcoming Gigs:
        **crickets chirping**
        2021 Wishlist
        Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
        mbob
        Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:37 pm

Houston...

2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
        2016 - Survivor (2292)
        2017 - Survivor (9618)
        2018 - Survivor (9678)
        2019 - Survivor (9272)
        2020 - Late booking and terrible dates kept me away.
        2021- What might the future hold?
        cowboy71
        Commander

by cowboy71 » Thu Mar 12, 2020 9:58 pm

DOWNLOAD AUSTRALIA cancelled.
        Upcoming Gigs:
        **crickets chirping**
        2021 Wishlist
        Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
        cowboy71
        Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Mar 15, 2020 1:13 am

Australia has now imposed a 14-day quarantine for all visitors to Australia.

No end date at this stage.

Can say goodbye to any International tours at all for the foreseeable future.
        Upcoming Gigs:
        **crickets chirping**
        2021 Wishlist
      • DudeBro
        Oiler

by DudeBro » Tue Mar 24, 2020 12:27 pm

mbob wrote:
        Thu Mar 12, 2020 5:37 pm
        Houston...

This one hurt for me.
        S:2015, 2020

Airbourne + Babymetal + Crystal Viper + Demons & Wizards + Dethklok + Enforcer + Eternal Champion + Grand Magus + Hell + Slough Feg + Magic Circle + Nekrogoblikon + Powerwolf + Stormwarrior + Sumerlands + The Sword + Visigoth
        Zed3
        Crewman

by Zed3 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 1:53 pm

Lions Metal Festival has been postponed, initial dates were June 5th & 6th and now scheduled for Sept 4th and 5th with the same line-up (incl notably Fleshgod Apocalypse and Primordial) minus 1 band. I already had my tix so still going...
        2017: Survivor - 2018, 2019, 2020: :(

Wishlist 2021:
        Aephanemer-/-Alestorm-/-Audrey.Horne-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Amorphis-/-Arkona-/-Athanasia-/-Atlantean.Kodex-/-Avatarium-/-Battle.Beast-/-Be'lakor-/-Belzebubs-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Brothers.of.Metal-/-Bucovina-/-Carcariass-/-Carcass-/-Dark.Tranquillity-/-Demons.&.Wizards-/-Dirty.Shirt-/-Diviner-/-E-An-Na-/-Ex.Libris-/-Frozen.Crown-/-Fvneral.Fvkk-/-Ghoultown-/-Gojira-/-Grand.Magus-/-Immortal-/-In.Mourning-/-Inferi-/-Khemmis-/-Lagerstein-/-Lör-/-Lord.of.the.Lost-/-Majestica-/-Mantar-/-Moonspell-/-Mors.Principium.Est-/-Municipal.Waste-/-Myrath-/-Nailed.To.Obscurity-/-Nanowar.of.Steel-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Paladin-/-Paradise.Lost-/-Powerwolf-/-Serenity-/-Seventh.Wonder-/-Skälmold-/-Skull.Fist-/-Tankard-/-The.Crown-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Therion-/-Toxic.Holocaust-/-Unleash.the.Archers-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Voice.of.Ruin-/-VUUR
      • deathmetalpat
        Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:28 pm

Maryland Deathfest just postponed the entire event to next year,this is going to be the equivalent of The Year Without a Summer -culture wise.
        2012-14 Survivor
        2015-16 Abandoned Ship
        2017 Returned
        2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
        2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
        2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
        2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
        cowboy71
        Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:33 pm

Cannot be long until Wacken 2020 calls it.

Not until the end of July but the logistics around that festival would be insanely complex so they can't sit on the fence for much longer.

And experts are saying it will be maybe a year until a vaccine is released, so I cannot see a festival of 100,000 people from all over the world 4 months time will happen.
        Upcoming Gigs:
        **crickets chirping**
        2021 Wishlist
        Tiki108
        Petty Officer

by Tiki108 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:07 am

I'm hoping Graspop announces their postponement soon. I'm sure it will be, but flights are cheap and I don't want to book anything until I know what's happening. I also have a cruise in Europe in August and I'm sure that'll be cancelled to, but I'm supposed to pay for it May 1st.

2021_Wishlist:

Post Reply 14 posts Page 1 of 1