Post Reply 7921 posts
Your last gig and your next gig...
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

Re: Your last gig and your next gig...

by last_candle » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:54 pm

pablov8 wrote:There's a South Park Jersey Shore episode???? My life has a meaning again, I have to watch that :shred: :shred:

I wonder if this episode is fun for those who don't know Jersey Shore...
    btw, I should watch the LOTR episode again...one of the funniest SP episodes I know...
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Feb 28, 2011 2:54 pm

I don't think there's such a thing as an UN-Funny SP episode. Never saw an episode I didn't like although some are just off-the-charts funny.

I've never watched an episode of Jersey shore but still enjoyed that episode immensely!
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Mon Feb 28, 2011 3:04 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:I don't think there's such a thing as an UN-Funny SP episode. Never saw an episode I didn't like although some are just off-the-charts funny.

really? for me they go from 'hilarious' to 'boring'...
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Mon Feb 28, 2011 7:42 pm

Saw Deicide last night with Belphegor, Neuraxis, and Pathology. There was one local opener that wasn't bad musically, but it's kinda hard to take a band seriously when they're sporting jewfros with their corpsepaint.
    Blackguard was absent since they were running late filming their video in Chicago. There was cheering (not started by me) when the vocalist for Pathology made the announcement.
    Good turnout for a metal show in Detroit on a Sunday. Belphegor was damn good, but I was expecting more craziness from a band that makes videos like this: http://www.youtube.com/user/BelphegorBand WARNING: NOT SUITABLE FOR WORK! BEWBS BLOOD & BLASPHEMY!
    In any case, it was cool to see Helmuth (vox and guitar) hanging out at the bar after the show still covered in blood. I didn't have the nerve to ask if it was real or not.

Deicide played a get set of tunes that completely ignored the sucky albums. Most stuff was from the self titled debut, Once Upon the Cross, Stench of Redemption and To Hell With God. Glen was damn funny, and there was a fight in the pit during the last song. Who could ask for anything more?

Next Up: Rotting Christ w/ Melechesh, Hate, Abigail Williams & Lecherous Nocturne St Patty's Day!
    wut3v4
    Petty Officer

by wut3v4 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:27 pm

Is anyone from 70,000 Tons going to the Philadelphia Finnish Metal Tour 2 concert Tuesday? I'm a 70,000 Tons survivor, but unfortunately have no shirt to prove it since they were sold out on the ship :[ But if anyone out there is, Tuesday we're gonna repuhzent!
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:50 pm

Bentz! wrote:Saw Deicide last night with Belphegor, Neuraxis, and Pathology. There was one local opener that wasn't bad musically, but it's kinda hard to take a band seriously when they're sporting jewfros with their corpsepaint.
    Blackguard was absent since they were running late filming their video in Chicago. There was cheering (not started by me) when the vocalist for Pathology made the announcement.
    Good turnout for a metal show in Detroit on a Sunday. Belphegor was damn good, but I was expecting more craziness from a band that makes videos like this: http://www.youtube.com/user/BelphegorBand WARNING: NOT SUITABLE FOR WORK! BEWBS BLOOD & BLASPHEMY!
    In any case, it was cool to see Helmuth (vox and guitar) hanging out at the bar after the show still covered in blood. I didn't have the nerve to ask if it was real or not.

Deicide played a get set of tunes that completely ignored the sucky albums. Most stuff was from the self titled debut, Once Upon the Cross, Stench of Redemption and To Hell With God. Glen was damn funny, and there was a fight in the pit during the last song. Who could ask for anything more?

Next Up: Rotting Christ w/ Melechesh, Hate, Abigail Williams & Lecherous Nocturne St Patty's Day!

Hey Bentz! We meet here again on this thread! ;) Glad you enjoyed the Deicide, et al show. As I mentioned earlier on this thread - they played here as well, but I decided not to go because I really don't know them at all - so felt it wasn't worth the effort for me to head back down to Reggie's again so soon. But anywaaay.....
    I must comment on Belphegor - I've seen them twice - first time I can't remember exactly when (would need to check my concert list which I don't have handy at the moment), second time was the Heathenfest America tour in fall 2009 with Eluveitie, Vreid, Kivimetsan Druidi and Alestorm. I'm surrprised to hear that Helmuth was covered in blood :shock: :lol: - when I saw him he wasn't and for part of both gigs he wore this black leather s&m looking mask...
    so has he turned in the mask for a "Carrie" look? ;)

Belphegor is one of those bands that simply doesn't do much for me (as Kevin now knows, that's about as far as I go in the "dislike" department). After seeing them I was not inspired to check them out more on the net or buy their stuff, etc. In comparison, I'll never forget seeing Behemoth for the first time only knowing about a half dozen of their songs....I was TOTALLY blown away by their power and awesomeness - which in turn led me to buy a bunch of their music and see them on subsequent tours. In other words, a very different - visceral - reaction.
    And re: that Belphegor video - thanks for posting the warning! Definitely something I would not want to view at work :P . And my comment on that is this: it falls in my "doesn't do anything for me" category as well. In my humble opinion - no artistry there - just lots of blatant blood, guts, blasphemy and nudity. On the other hand, there are so many great black metal videos that have one or more of those elements in them to some degree - but are expressed in a really theatrical, artistic, and kick-ass way (and in a few instances imo with some campy humor like Dimmu's Sacrilegious Scorn and anything Immortal does)! A few of my top favorites are: (and don't ask me why I'm posting all these cause I doubt anyone wants to watch them all...but at the very least - it gave me an excuse to watch them all again :beerwink: )

Satyricon: Fuel for Hatred (this is the censored version - looks like the uncensored version has been taken down - oh darn)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pRK3jjeF2zI

Satyricon: Mother North
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DD7bCRG3CG0

Behemoth: At the Left Hand ov God
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2shxcirl ... 6D11291354

Behemoth: Alas, Lord is Upon Me
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9U-bToFXUjs

Dimmu Borgir: Sacrilegious Scorn (my very favorite)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9cqKafnUrk

Dimmu Borgir: Progenies of the Great Apocalypse (extreme version - not work safe fyi)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joEAb_y7ZYA

Immortal: Call of the Wintermoon :lol:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VBdAY8e ... re=related

Immortal: Grim and Frostbitten Kingdoms
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_Q7TlcX ... re=related
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:45 am

An addendum to what I wrote above last night since this is the gig thread....
    It was great reading Cowboy and Evican's comments about the Dimmu gig in Australia, as well as Rhia and Bentz's comments about the current Immortal U.S. tour! The four bands I posted video links to (including those 2) above are definitely in my top favorites of all time and the shows I've seen of them (Satyricon and Immortal 2x each and Dimmu and Behemoth 3x each) also rank way up there for me. :D :beerhorns:
    Last edited by Laura on Tue Mar 01, 2011 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Mar 01, 2011 5:56 am

Not that I really wanted to see Deicide anyways, but would have been interested in seeing Belphegor and Hate. But in typical fashion, this tour totally skipped Florida.

Why bands from Florida decide to totally skip their home state is beyond me. Oh well, saves my ears the punishment and having to show up late to miss Blackguard.
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • NikiDT
    Oiler

by NikiDT » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:24 am

My next big one is Trans Siberian Orchestra in Antwerpen... :)
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:29 am

Hey Laura, I hear ya. That video is definitely not anything close to artistic. Basically it screams "Hey we're a middle tier black metal band that wants attention from Hot Topic kids who are into anything that their parent's despise." That said, I think it's pretty crazy since they supposedly used real blood. I do enjoy their music, though. They're more chaotic than Behemoth, who really have honed their assault over the years. I do love Behemoth as well. I've only seen them once, though. It was back in 2003(I think) when both Behemoth and Immortal were opening for Halford.

For Kevin: Hate is playing on the Rotting Christ and Sepultura tours. Looks like Both Hate and Belphegor are on the Orlando date:

Rotting Christ w/ Melechesh, Hate , Abigail WIlliams , Lecherous Nocturne
    04/07/11 Tampa ,FL Brass Mug

SEPULTURA, BELPHEGOR, HATE, KEEP OF KALESSIN, NEURAXIS, BONDED BY BLOOD (this is a great lineup despite "Sepultura" headlining)
    04/27/11 The Club at Firestone – Orlando, FL
    Last edited by Bentz! on Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:10 am

Bentz! wrote:For Kevin: Hate is playing on the Rotting Christ and Sepultura tours. Looks like Both Hate and Belphegor are on the Orlando date:

Rotting Christ w/ Melechesh, Hate , Abigail WIlliams , Lecherous Nocturne
    04/07/11 Tampa ,FL Brass Mug

SEPULTURA, BELPHEGOR, HATE, KEEP OF KALESSIN, NEURAXIS, BONDED BY BLOOD (this is a great lineup despite "Sepultura" headlining)
    04/27/11 The Club at Firestone – Orlando, FL

Thanks I was aware of those gigs, but......

Tampa = total pain in the ass to get to, especially when I'm not super excited for any of the bands. If it was Orlando I "might go", Tampa = snowball's chance in Florida.

The Sepultura gig, that's alot of "slop" to wade thru to see Belph & Hate, which are not priorities by any means.

I'm definitely not a "gig whore" even though I would like to be. I just need to see bands I really enjoy for me to bother with.
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    kramww
    Oiler

by kramww » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:24 am

wut3v4 wrote:Is anyone from 70,000 Tons going to the Philadelphia Finnish Metal Tour 2 concert Tuesday? I'm a 70,000 Tons survivor, but unfortunately have no shirt to prove it since they were sold out on the ship :[ But if anyone out there is, Tuesday we're gonna repuhzent!

I'll be there! I usually hang in the seated section of the balcony if it's not too crowded. Don't know what to expect attendence-wise though. I'll try to wear my 70k Tons or Gamma Ray shirt that I picked up on the cruise. Have fun!
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Tue Mar 01, 2011 10:26 am

I'm a raging gig whore. :heavydrink:
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Tue Mar 01, 2011 1:27 pm

Bentz! wrote:I'm a raging gig whore. :heavydrink:

Ha - so am I - well, to the extent that I can be - I try to keep gigs to 2-3/month max. There's always at least 5 more a month that I usually have interest in...but, well, that's my self-imposed limit.

Bentz! wrote:Hey Laura, I hear ya. That video is definitely not anything close to artistic. Basically it screams "Hey we're a middle tier black metal band that wants attention from Hot Topic kids who are into anything that their parent's despise." That said, I think it's pretty crazy since they supposedly used real blood. I do enjoy their music, though. They're more chaotic than Behemoth, who really have honed their assault over the years. I do love Behomoth as well. I've only seen them once, though. It was back in 2003(I think) when both Behemoth and Immortal were opening for Halford.

The fact that you posted the link to the Belphegor video with:
    Bentz! wrote:http://www.youtube.com/user/BelphegorBand WARNING: NOT SUITABLE FOR WORK! BEWBS BLOOD & BLASPHEMY!

made me figure you might have felt the same way about it. I had some second thoughts about saying that I didn't find artistic, though, and therefore didn't care for it. Again, that's my opinion - I'm sure there are people out there who would really like this kind of thing and find it artistic. But damn-it, I want some artistry with my bewbs, blood & blasphemy!!!! (and that video just doesn't cut it for me) :twisted: :P :beerhorns:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:02 pm

Bentz! wrote:...That said, I think it's pretty crazy since they supposedly used real blood.

Great publicity buzz to get out there no doubt but the number of health concerns that would raise is a bit overwhelming. Considering the uses they put the 'blood' to, it would be incredibly risky to use blood from any source other than one with trustworthy screening implements. And any such source would likely be very unwilling to part with large quantities of safe, usable blood that would be far more appreciated by those in real need of it. But who knows? Maybe they're as crazy as they want to appear and they just swam around in bacteria ridden animal blood or had enough willing and physically healthy fans to line up and donate for the cause. Seriously though, if there's any documentation supporting the idea that they used real (human?) blood, I'd love to hear where they got their hands on it.

System of a Down just announced here and I really enjoyed seeing them years ago but the cruise fund won't allow it this time around.

Next up, Death Angel early April and Destruction a couple weeks after that. Go AWAY March!
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Mar 01, 2011 7:46 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:Go AWAY March!

Tell me about it. This month is going to be the longest month of the year. I have a trip home to New England in the beginning of April followed by the large gathering at the Amon Amarth show in LA just a few days later. Add in Disneyland and a Red Sox game in Anaheim against the Angels and April is going to kick ass!

At least March has St. Patty's Day :party: :cheers: :beerwink: :trashdrink: :heavydrink: :givebeer: :beerhorns:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Ktulured55
    Ensign

by Ktulured55 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 11:02 pm

LAST SHOW: A LIFE ONCE LOST

Next shows:

tomorrow night,
    3/2 - Finntroll and Ensiferum at Jaxx, Springfield, VA

3/6 - Cradle of Filth, Nachtmystium, @ Baltimore (Bourbon Street)
    3/9- Rotting Christ, Melechesh @ Jaxx
    3/21 - Agalloch @ Baltimore (Sonar)

Chimaira/Meshuggah/Sybreed/TheAgonist/HoodedMenace/SwallowtheSun/MyDyingBride/HumanAbstract/HeavenShallBurn/Whitechapel/Goatwhore/Mnemic/CradleofFilth/ArchEnemy/CannibalCorpse/AftertheBurial/Witchery/Opeth/Katatonia/Chthonic/Behemoth/InFlames
    Evil Red
    Midshipman

by Evil Red » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:30 am

Hodge and I hit up Malevolent Creation tonight. Fucking awesome to see our 70,000 boys!!!

Good fun and got to hang out with them and bullshit.
    The poor guys though almost didn't make it over the snowy pass (Absence was absent for that reason) and they were all sick AND to make matters worse, this was the most poorly attended national I've ever seen. Maybe 30 people and half of those were in the opening bands. Gads. How humiliating for them and for us that went. :oops: :|
    I'm worried they'll never come back now.

I also tried to buy Lj's 70K hoodie literally off of him for almost double but to no evail. Damn. Will they ever put the merch up online? I WANT ONE!!!

Next show ~ Tomorrow . Or later tonight technically; Stryper.

Step right up Ladies and Gentlemen and watch the amazing redhead literally burst into flames before your very eyes!!!
    I made the Devil do it.
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:19 am

Evil Red wrote:

Step right up Ladies and Gentlemen and watch the amazing redhead literally burst into flames before your very eyes!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:07 am

Evil Red wrote:Hodge and I hit up Malevolent Creation tonight. Fucking awesome to see our 70,000 boys!!!

The poor guys though almost didn't make it over the snowy pass (Absence was absent for that reason) and they were all sick AND to make matters worse, this was the most poorly attended national I've ever seen. Maybe 30 people and half of those were in the opening bands. Gads. How humiliating for them and for us that went. :oops: :|

I also tried to buy Lj's 70K hoodie literally off of him for almost double but to no evail. Damn. Will they ever put the merch up online? I WANT ONE!!!

........*****first in line******...burn baby burn!! he he heee...have fun tonite!
    2011 MAIDEN VOYAGE SURVIVOR!
    2012 cabin #7538.....2nd time survivor!!
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2014.....3RD TIME SURVIVOR
    2015.....BOOKED
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:59 am

gnoff wrote:
    Evil Red wrote:Step right up Ladies and Gentlemen and watch the amazing redhead literally burst into flames before your very eyes!!!

Cool!

:death:

need pics! :cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:07 am

LMFAO!!!.....This Friday going to see Quiet Riot....havent seen them boys since the 80's! :cheers:
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:24 am

Next gig - Master, March 14th in Denver. YEAH! :death: :death: :death:
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
    wut3v4
    Petty Officer

by wut3v4 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:04 pm

LAST GIG:
    Finnish Metal Tour 2 in Philadelphia (third time seeing Ensiferum and Finntroll after seeing them twice on the boat). The show was eh. I unfortunately missed most of Barren Earth due to the incorrect time being listed on the website (it said the show started at 7:30 when it actually started at 7:15). I literally caught the ending of their last song. But it still sounded nice. Rotten Sound isn't exactly my kind of music, but they were definitely a fun band who got the crowd riled up for Ensiferum. As expected, Ensiferum blew the crowd away with their ass kicking music. I personally feel they sounded way more awesome on the boat, but they were still good. I was a little disappointed in them not playing a few more songs off of their new album, but the set list was still great. Now, time for Finntroll. I've always enjoyed Finntroll's music (especially the very first album) but they don't live up to their music during their live performances. The cruise was my first time seeing them, so I figured their lifeless, sloppy playing was probably due to the effects of being on a rocking boat. Nope. They seem to play just like that on tours as well. They mainly played songs off of Nifelvind (which the crowd was not at all excited for) and only played one off of Midnattens Widunder (which the crowd WAS VERY excited for). They were so dead. They seemed like they were rushing to finish the set just so they could get off stage, get booze, and get laid. You've gotta put on a show first, THEN comes the fun. At least they sounded cleaner than they did on the cruise, but it was still boring. Shame on them, I was very disappointed.

NEXT GIG:
    Symphony X with Nevermore, Soilwork, Powerglove, and Blackguard. I'm really excited for this tour. I'll cross my fingers so it won't be as a disappointing as the Finnish Metal Tour 2 was.

Oh, and perhaps Accept with Sabaton, Season of Mourning, and Kennedy Red. But that's only if I can get the day off from work (I'm already taking it off for the Symphony X tour and I sure as hell ain't missing it).
    metalgoddess
    Midshipman

by metalgoddess » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:04 pm

Evil Red wrote:Hodge and I hit up Malevolent Creation tonight. Fucking awesome to see our 70,000 boys!!!

Yep, Seattle can be very lame. I'm surprised at the number of shows actually coming here this month and next.

You enjoy Stryper, darlin. ;)

I'm gonna do the industrial metal show at Studio 7 tonight, seeing that our friends Sexy Johnny and Donnie (TSID) are opening for Hanzel und Gretyl & the Genitorturers! Metalgrrl's gonna join me for TSID.

The sideshow freaks will be there between bands hanging themselves from hooks, laying on beds of nails, and stapling their testicles . Bwahahaha! I just don't get it. :shock:
    70K 2011 - 5062
    70K 2012 - 8568
    Barge 2012 - 6520
    70K 2014 - 8092
    70K 2015 - 7584
    70K 2017 - 6517
    70K 2018 - 6451
    debborah1
    Commander

by debborah1 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 12:08 pm

The sideshow freaks will be there between bands hanging themselves from hooks, laying on beds of nails, and stapling their testicles . Bwahahaha! I just don't get it. :shock:[/quote]
    FTW!...HA HAA...YOU DONT "GET IT" BUT YA JUST GOTTA SEE IT!! I know I would
    \m/ >.< \m/
    2015.....BOOKED
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:17 pm

Last gig, Taking Dawn, Coheed & Cambria, and Slash (with Myles Kennedy from Alterbridge on vocals).

Taking Dawn are a fun band. Very LA, very rockin', very enjoyable. Hope those boys go far.

Coheed....wow. How does that voice, come out of that man? Complex, rivetting music. Loved every second and then when they closed with Welcome Home....amazing.

Slash was Slash. Guitar work was incredible, perfect. But Myles doing Velvet Revolver and Gunners songs (Night Train, Civil War, etc) I dunno - just didn't seem to 'fit'. Maybe if I wasn't so familiar with his voice from being a long-time fan of Alterbridge I might have got more out of it.

But still - top night. As far as I was concerned I'd got my money's worth by the time Coheed walked off stage :)

Photos on my facebook here

Videos:
    Welcome Home - Coheed & Cambria
    Night Train - Slash

Next up - FINNTROLL with CLAIM THE THRONE in a couple of weeks :cheers:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
    Evil Red
    Midshipman

by Evil Red » Wed Mar 02, 2011 3:18 pm

metalgoddess wrote:

Yep, Seattle can be very lame. I'm surprised at the number of shows actually coming here this month and next.

I'm gonna do the industrial metal show at Studio 7 tonight, seeing that our friends Sexy Johnny and Donnie (TSID) are opening for Hanzel und Gretyl & the Genitorturers! Metalgrrl's gonna join me for TSID.

The sideshow freaks will be there between bands hanging themselves from hooks, laying on beds of nails, and stapling their testicles . Bwahahaha! I just don't get it. :shock:

Yeah, I was super bummed when Genitorturers cancelled the Halloween show, so I'm again bummed these are the same night. I'm really more interested in going tonight with H not because of the band playing, because I really don't care about them other than curiousity's sake and of course to go look at all the Jesus Chrispies in attendance, but because I know he loves them. Just that fact that after all these years, I've FINALLY got him to start going to death metal shows with me (Thank you, Dethklok!) well... I can go to this and see what all the fuss is about. That's good enough for me. ;)
    Donnie TSID must be super torn about tonight, he loves them too.

BUT! While you're there, corner Evil D, Gen's husband. David Vincent is the singer for Morbid Angel, so find out if they'll be on 70K 2012. :mrgreen:
    I made the Devil do it.
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:58 pm

Evil Red wrote:BUT! While you're there, corner Evil D, Gen's husband. David Vincent is the singer for Morbid Angel, so find out if they'll be on 70K 2012. :mrgreen:

Yeah!!! Morbid Angel for 70000TOM 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :death: :death: :death: :death: :death:
    Evil Red
    Midshipman

by Evil Red » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:31 pm

Without intending any blasphemy to a few of you, I actually prefer Steve Tucker on vocals...
    I made the Devil do it.
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:33 pm

Evil Red wrote:Without intending any blasphemy to a few of you, I actually prefer Steve Tucker on vocals...

WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Evil Red
    Midshipman

by Evil Red » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:37 pm

Yes, I WAS apologizing to you, Kevin. Sorry, but Steve's hotter too.
    I made the Devil do it.
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:49 pm

Evil Red wrote:Yes, I WAS apologizing to you, Kevin. Sorry, but Steve's hotter too.

Steve IS hotter, but damn, i do like DV's vox. not that he's not a weirdo, but he has a great growl and i love how he enunciates.
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:49 pm

Evil Red wrote:Yes, I WAS apologizing to you, Kevin. Sorry, but Steve's hotter too.

Well you're one of the few who can get away with that. ;) I'll admit seeing Dave in black spandex these days is a tad "off putting"

But Dave has more character to his voice, while Steve had a more typical death metal growl. I had no problems with Steve as the replacement though.

And I don't want to jump either of their bones, so that's not a factor for me :lol:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Evil Red
    Midshipman

by Evil Red » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:05 pm

KevinP wrote:

Well you're one of the few who can get away with that. ;) I'll admit seeing Dave in black spandex these days is a tad "off putting"

But Dave has more character to his voice, while Steve had a more typical death metal growl. I had no problems with Steve as the replacement though.

And I don't want to jump either of their bones, so that's not a factor for me :lol:

Yeah, David's Genitorturer look just doesn't do it for me at all. *shakes head in disapproval*

I've seen MA a bizillion times but I had the MOST fun at their show when Steve sang. He's huge, hot, has the imposing stage presence that I love and my kind of growl. Either way, it'd be cool to see 'em booked next year. I'm sure you won't argue that with me though, huh? ;)
    I made the Devil do it.
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:30 pm

Evil Red wrote:
    KevinP wrote:
    Evil Red wrote:
    I've seen MA a bizillion times but I had the MOST fun at their show when Steve sang. He's huge, hot, has the imposing stage presence that I love and my kind of growl. Either way, it'd be cool to see 'em booked next year. I'm sure you won't argue that with me though, huh? ;)

I'v never seen them with Steve so i really have no idea how he handled the old material. But I'm one of those "wants the original members intact" types anyway.

And like my sig says would love to see them. I wonder if Trey would be into this sort of thing though ? Doesn't come across as that type of person.
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:33 pm

metalgoddess wrote:

The worst turn out I have ever seen at a show was down in Tacoma. It was a friday night and 5 bucks at the door and there were 4 people there. SATAN'S HOST/DRAWN AND QUARTERED/SCORCHED EARTH @ Hell's Kitchen
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019 Cabin-6218- Barge to hell -2012
    Evil Red
    Midshipman

by Evil Red » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:05 pm

KevinP wrote:I'v never seen them with Steve so i really have no idea how he handled the old material. But I'm one of those "wants the original members intact" types anyway.

And like my sig says would love to see them. I wonder if Trey would be into this sort of thing though ? Doesn't come across as that type of person.

Well, they never were my favorite (I almost always went to see whoever they were actually touring with) but I'd take them ANYDAY over any power metal on the boat. :mrgreen:
    I made the Devil do it.
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:56 pm

Evil Red wrote:
    KevinP wrote:I'v never seen them with Steve so i really have no idea how he handled the old material. But I'm one of those "wants the original members intact" types anyway.

Well, they never were my favorite (I almost always went to see whoever they were actually touring with) but I'd take them ANYDAY over any power metal on the boat. :mrgreen:

or folk metal.
    Evil Red
    Midshipman

by Evil Red » Thu Mar 03, 2011 2:46 am

rhiawiz wrote:
    Evil Red wrote:

or folk metal.

Or power folk.

*waits for Disaster Area to chime in*
    I made the Devil do it.
Post Reply 7921 posts