Post Reply 3 posts Page 1 of 1
DECIBEL magazine greed
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

DECIBEL magazine greed

by meshuggah » Wed May 24, 2017 10:12 am

I just received a "your subscription is about to expire...renew now" e-mail from Decibel. It seems that they are charging an extra $30/2-year subscription if you want the flexi-discs. Considering how this points to outright greed, I think I'll drop my subscription and suggest to friends that we chip in, pass the issue around, and make dubs of the flexi-discs onto CDs.
    slayergeek
    Midshipman

Re: DECIBEL magazine greed

by slayergeek » Wed May 24, 2017 11:30 am

meshuggah wrote:I just received a "your subscription is about to expire...renew now" e-mail from Decibel. It seems that they are charging an extra $30/2-year subscription if you want the flexi-discs. Considering how this points to outright greed, I think I'll drop my subscription and suggest to friends that we chip in, pass the issue around, and make dubs of the flexi-discs onto CDs.

Considering how difficult it is to make money from anything music related, and also how everything is going digital instead of physical media, maybe you should re-consider. They probably have to charge more because they have a smaller and smaller user base. Do what you need to do, if it's not worth it to, that's fine, but I somehow doubt that Decibel is going to use the extra cash to line its wall with money, and it's more likely that 'if' the price increase works the way they hope it will allow them to stay in the business of sending physical media, instead of folding, or going digital only like others have done.

Just an opinion :)
    Last edited by slayergeek on Wed May 24, 2017 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,2023,2024,See_you_in_2025

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

Re: DECIBEL magazine greed

by meshuggah » Wed May 24, 2017 7:47 pm

Some good thoughts. Thanks.
Post Reply 3 posts Page 1 of 1