User

jknechtel

Rank

Oiler

Thu Jan 25, 2018 1:15 pm

Toronto, ON

Bands who you wished you saw`

by jknechtel » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:33 pm

Which band do you ache to have seen, but maybe they are dead/brokenup/disolved/etc?

For me:

Death - RIP Chuck, this is one of my favorite DM bands. I was young enough, but I wasn't into metal at the time of his live performances.

At the Gates - They never seem to come to NA.

Emperor - They never seem to come to NA.

Others I've loved to see that aren't technically broken up but don't come here because they are from Oz (too remote I guess) or Europe (visas suck or not enough fanbase here in stateside ( fuck that, the states needs to learn the best metal comes from Europe as a rule).

Love to see:
Havunkruunu
Emperor/Ihsahn
At the Gates
Be'lakor
Ouroborus
MGLA
Batushka
Karnivool
Caligula's Horse
Here's to all the kisses I've snatched and visa versa!
User

TPH

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:47 am

Dublin, Ireland

Re: Bands who you wished you saw`

by TPH » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:39 pm

Death as well, Individual Thought Patterns era.
Queen - the real one, not this abomination that tried to piss on Freddie Mercury's grave.
Stevie Wonder - I absolutely have to catch him next time he's coming over Europe.
Wacken 2003
Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2017
70K 2017 - cabin 2250
70K 2018 - cabin 8215
User

cowboy71

Rank

Commander

Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:52 pm

Brisbane, Australia

by cowboy71 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:25 pm

King's X. Been a fan ever since I was a kid (Out of the Silent Planet, Gretchen Goes to Nebraska..... damn their early albums were amazing!)

Within Temptation. Wish I saw them 10+ years ago when they were awesome. They are still really good and I'd still love to see them, but yeah they are not as good as they used to be.
Upcoming Gigs:
August Stryper September Dragonland October Skid-Row November Def-Leppard December Bon-Jovi
2019 Wishlist
-/-Accept-/-Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Bane-of-Winterstorm-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Dragony-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Mayan-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Valhalore-/-Van-Canto-/-Within-Temptation-/-
User

cegr80

Rank

Petty Officer

Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:02 pm

Houston, TX USA

by cegr80 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:29 pm

jknechtel wrote:Which band do you ache to have seen, but maybe they are dead/brokenup/disolved/etc?

Due to death of members: Death, Pantera, Dissection, Motorhead, Nevermore, Type O Negative
Broken up with classic members: Sepultura with the Cavalera brothers (still dislike the current Sepultura), Angra with Andre Matos, Obscura with the original lineup Thesseling/Grossmann/Muenzner, Opeth with Lindgren/Lopez
Dissolved: Deadsoul Tribe, Sentenced
2017: Survivor - Cabin #7682
2018: Survivor - Cabin #9701

2019 Wishlist:
Acrassicauda|Alkaloid|Arcturus|AtTheGates|Batushka|BlackCrownInitiate|Borknagar|Candlemass|ChtoniC
DimmuBorgir|Emperor|Ensiferum|Gorod|Ihsahn|Inferi|Jinjer|KeepOfKalessin|MorbidAngel|NovembersDoom
ParadiseLost|Persefone|Shining(Nor)|TheGrindmother|Tyr|Wardehns
User

Pellaz

Rank

Ensign

Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:36 pm

Georgia, USA

by Pellaz » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:32 am

Bands never seen: Death, Emperor, Immortal, Borknagar, Old Man's Child, Liquid Tension Experiment, Hidria Spacefolk, Graveworm, Zebra

(Now, what I THOUGHT the thread title referred to.... :lol: )

Bands on 70K 2018 that I wish I'd seen but missed for various reasons: Sabaton, Sonata Arctica, Wolfheart, Meshuggah, In Mourning, Voivod
2019 Wishlist:
Abbath--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Bloodbath--Borknagar--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Eluveitie
--Emperor--Ensiferum--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Exmortus--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Kalmah--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--
Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Novembers.Doom--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Yyrkoon--1349
2015: Survivor
2016: Survivor
2017: Survivor
2018: Survivor
User

DrinkMoxie

Rank

Commander

Tue May 24, 2011 8:31 pm

McKees Rocks, PA

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Feb 19, 2018 1:26 pm

Gardenian
Julie Laughs Nomore
A Canorous Quintet
Callenish Circle
Gates Of Ishtar
In Thy Dreams
Carnal Forge (with original vocalist)
Dead Trees Sway
Flying
Shangren
Impious
Skid Row (with Sebastian Bach)
Faust Again
Prayer For Cleansing
Arkangel
Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-TenggerCavalry-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
cabin 9560 (2014)
cabin 8671 (2015)
cabin 7313 (2017)
cabin 6525 (2018)
User

cowboy71

Rank

Commander

Brisbane, Australia

by cowboy71 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:51 pm

cegr80 wrote:Dissolved: Sentenced

THIS. SOOOO MUCH....THIS. :cry:
Upcoming Gigs:
August Stryper September Dragonland October Skid-Row November Def-Leppard December Bon-Jovi
2019 Wishlist
-/-Accept-/-Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Bane-of-Winterstorm-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Dragony-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Mayan-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Valhalore-/-Van-Canto-/-Within-Temptation-/-
User

cowboy71

Rank

Commander

Brisbane, Australia

by cowboy71 » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:52 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:Skid Row (with Sebastian Bach)

THAT. SOOOO MUCH....THAT. :cry:
Upcoming Gigs:
2019 Wishlist
User

Sgt. B

Rank

Lieutenant

Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:27 pm

St Paul, Minnesota

by Sgt. B » Mon Feb 19, 2018 4:34 pm

I guess I am fortunate. I have seen a lot of the bands & specific lineups that have been listed here.

I have seen the following, some multiple times.

Death
Emperor
Ihsahn
At The Gates
MGLA
Karnivool
King's X
Pantera
Motorhead
Nevermore
Type O Negative
Immortal
Graveworm

Within Temptation (2008 - older)
Sepultura with the Cavalera brothers
Obscura with the original lineup Thesseling/Grossmann/Muenzner
Opeth with Lindgren/Lopez
Skid Row with Sebastian Bach
Abbath-Accept-Aeon-Ahab-Akercocke-Alcest-AliceCooper-AmonAmarth-AnaalNathrakh-Anathema-Antaeus-Aosoth-ArmoredSaint-Asphyx-AtTheGates-Auðn-Ayreon-BarrenEarth-Behemoth-Be'lakor-BlackBreath-BlackFast-BlackTrip-Bloodbath-Bolzer-Borknagar-Brainstorm-CallenishCircle-Carcass-ChelseaWolfe-CirithUngol-Cloak-Conan-Convulse-Coroner-CravenIdol-CryptSermon-CultOfLuna-CutUp-DarkAngel-DarkFortress-DeadCongregation-DemolitionHammer-Demons&Wizards-DerWegEinerFreiheit-DevinTownsend-DewScented-Dismember-DraggedIntoSunlight-EdgeOfSanity-ElectricWizard-Emperor-Enforcer-Enshine-Entombed-Entrails-Evocation-Evoken-Exhorder-Falkenbach-FatesWarning-Fen-Firespawn-Flotsam&Jetsam-ForgottenTomb-GeneralSurgery-Ghost-GhostBath-Ghoul-GloriorBelli-Godflesh-Gojira-Gorguts-Gorod-GrandMagus-Grave-GraveMiasma-GreenCarnation-Haemorrhage-HammersOfMisfortune-Hate-HighSpirits-Hollenthon-HoodedMenace-Horna-Horrendous-Hypocrisy-IcedEarth-Ihsahn-Immolation-ImperiumDekadenz-InTheWoods-InVain-Infestus-InterArma-IronReagan-Izegrim-Kadavar-Kampfar-KeepOfKalessin-Khemmis-Khold-Khonsu-KingDiamond/MercyfulFate-Kriegsmaschine-LaazRockit-LegionOfTheDamned-LimbonicArt-Loudness-Lvcifyre(UK)-Melechesh-Memoriam-Mgla-Miasmal-Mistur-MonsterMagnet-Moonsorrow-Moonspell-MournfulCongregation-MunicipalWaste-MyDyingBride-Myrkur-MysticProphecy-Nails-NapalmDeath-NeObliviscaris-NightDemon-Novembre-NuclearAssault-Obituary-Okera-Opeth-OrangeGoblin-OranssiPazuzu-Orchid-PagansMind-Panopticon-ParadiseLost-Portal-Powermad-Powerwolf-Primordial-Profetus-Prong-Queensryche-Ripper-RottenSound-RottingChrist-S.O.D.-Sabbat(UK)-SacredReich-Saor-Sarke-Saxon-Schammasch-ScorpionChild-SecretsOfTheMoon-ShapeOfDespair-Skeletonwitch-Skepticism-Skyclad-Skyforger-Slayer-Sleep-SloughFeg-Solstafir-SufferingHour-SuicidalAngels-SulphurAeon-Summoning-SvartCrown-Sylosis-TempleOfVoid-Testament-TheCrown-TheGathering-TheGreatOldOnes-TheHaunted-TheLurkingFear-TheOcean-TheRuinsOfBeverast-Therion-Thulcandra-Thyrfing-Tribulation-Triptykon-Uada-Ufomammut-Ulcerate-Unleashed-Vader-Vallenfyre-Vektor-Vemod-Visigoth-Voices(UK)-Vredehammer-Vuur-WakeTheDead-Waldgeflüster-WASP-WarriorSoul-Watain-Wayfarer-Waylander-Windhand-Winterfylleth-Witherscape-WithinTemptation-Wolf-WolvesInTheThroneRoom-Yob-Zhrine

2012: Survivor
2014: Survivor
2015: Survivor
2016: Survivor
2017: Survivor
2018: Survivor
BtH(2012): Survivor
no avatar
User

meshuggah

Rank

Ensign

Fri Jun 29, 2012 8:33 pm

New York, NY

by meshuggah » Mon Feb 19, 2018 7:03 pm

The 3 big ones for me are Pantera, Celtic Frost, and Type O Negative
no avatar
User

Disco

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:37 pm

Detroit

by Disco » Tue Feb 20, 2018 3:51 pm

Type O Negative - I had the chance to see their last show but for some reason I decided not to got that night. I'm still kicking myself for not going. :cry:

Led Zeppelin - My favorite band of all time. When they did their final reunion show 10 Years Gone (see what I did there?) I couldn't go for various reasons.

Pantera - When Dime died that was when I really started getting into them.
Melloboat - 2008
70k Tons - 2011
70k Tons - 2013
70k Tons - 2018
User

DrinkMoxie

Rank

Commander

Tue May 24, 2011 8:31 pm

McKees Rocks, PA

by DrinkMoxie » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:40 am

Damaged
Earthmover
Face Down
Mental Home
Absidia
Crotchduster
Eat A Bag Of Dicks
Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-TenggerCavalry-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
cabin 9560 (2014)
cabin 8671 (2015)
cabin 7313 (2017)
cabin 6525 (2018)
User

Phoenix

Rank

Ensign

Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:29 pm

Calgary, AB, Canada

by Phoenix » Wed Feb 21, 2018 9:54 am

This isn't a hard one for me, because I've only really been into metal for the last ten years or so and the one band I never thought I'd see just got back together. But...

Scar Symmetry with Christian - I really liked them on 70k, but even their two singers aren't the same as Christian... Holographic Universe is my favourite Scar Symmetry album
Children of Bodom in their hayday - pretty obvious. Their 20 Years Down and Dirty tour was really great, but I feel like I've missed my chance to see Follow the Reaper live.
Nightwish with Anette - her albums (and her Wishmaster) were my favourite in the Nightwish timeline.
Allegaeon-†-Amorphis-†-BabyMetal-†-CHTHONIC-†-Fallujah-†-Gojira-†-Katatonia-†-IN.VAIN-†-Melechesh-†-MORS.PRINCIPIUM.EST-†-Ne.Obliviscaris-†-Novembre-†-Omnium.Gatherum-†-Pain-†-Persefone-†-Scar.Symmetry-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Tengger.Cavalry-†-Trollfest-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
User

Malaka

Rank

Lieutenant

Fri Jul 02, 2010 5:07 pm

Phoenix, AZ

by Malaka » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:49 pm

Bands I wish I could've seen:
Pink Floyd
Immortal w/Abbath
Death w/Chuck
Bolt Thrower
Dissection

Bands I have yet to see, but still could:
Dark Fortress
Be'lakor
Mgla
Triptykon
Whitesnake
Wolfheart

Bands I will regret later that I never saw:
AC/DC
Guns 'N' Roses
Emperor

More will come to mind later, but I gotta go. :bmhorns:
User

metalmaciejmetal

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Mon Jun 29, 2015 7:27 pm

Mississauga, Ontario

by metalmaciejmetal » Thu Feb 22, 2018 10:02 am

No point in mentioning acts that I would have been too young to have seen (for example I didn't see Emperor in 1999 but I didn't know who the fuck they were at the time)

My biggest missed opportunity was Impaled Nazarene. They played Toronto several years ago but I didn't have the money back then. It doesn't sound like they are touring anymore. Also Sigh, I missed an opportunity for the same reason and same time. Who knows if they will come through again.

Also there was the last time Manowar came to town. That was like 2005 or something. They wanted 60 bucks. I said, no thanks! I don't think they will ever play in the American market ever again.

Hey Jknechtel. Mgla is a word, it isn't an acronym. It means "fog"
Survivor 2016 and 2017
User

cegr80

Rank

Petty Officer

Sun Dec 17, 2017 8:02 pm

Houston, TX USA

by cegr80 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:35 pm

Phoenix wrote:Scar Symmetry with Christian - I really liked them on 70k, but even their two singers aren't the same as Christian... Holographic Universe is my favourite Scar Symmetry album.

Sick album! My favorite as well
Phoenix wrote:Children of Bodom in their hayday - pretty obvious. Their 20 Years Down and Dirty tour was really great, but I feel like I've missed my chance to see Follow the Reaper live.

I was pissed when they didn't come to Houston for that tour. I absolutely worship old CoB, I have seen them several times touring with the newer albums but it was not the same.
Phoenix wrote:Nightwish with Anette - her albums (and her Wishmaster) were my favourite in the Nightwish timeline.

I know it is quite an unpopular taste, but I really dig Anette's albums. Imaginaerum is actually my favorite Nightwish album ;)
Last edited by cegr80 on Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2017: Survivor - Cabin #7682
2018: Survivor - Cabin #9701

2019 Wishlist:
Acrassicauda|Alkaloid|Arcturus|AtTheGates|Batushka|BlackCrownInitiate|Borknagar|Candlemass|ChtoniC
DimmuBorgir|Emperor|Ensiferum|Gorod|Ihsahn|Inferi|Jinjer|KeepOfKalessin|MorbidAngel|NovembersDoom
ParadiseLost|Persefone|Shining(Nor)|TheGrindmother|Tyr|Wardehns
User

cowboy71

Rank

Commander

Brisbane, Australia

by cowboy71 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:29 pm

Phoenix wrote:This isn't a hard one for me, because I've only really been into metal for the last ten years or so and the one band I never thought I'd see just got back together. But...

Scar Symmetry with Christian - I really liked them on 70k, but even their two singers aren't the same as Christian... Holographic Universe is my favourite Scar Symmetry album
Children of Bodom in their hayday - pretty obvious. Their 20 Years Down and Dirty tour was really great, but I feel like I've missed my chance to see Follow the Reaper live.
Nightwish with Anette - her albums (and her Wishmaster) were my favourite in the Nightwish timeline.

Anette was so lovely. Met her a few times. Saw Nightwish live with her on vocals 5 times I think?

Would have loved to see the big 'hair metal' bands I like "back in the day". Bands like Tesla, Def Leppard, Whitesnake.

Going to be seeing EXTREME with MR BIG in June! Will be a huge nostalgia trip but would have loved to have seen them back in the 80s/90s.
Upcoming Gigs:
2019 Wishlist