Post Reply 4 posts Page 1 of 1
Holograms
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

Holograms

by Malaka » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:14 pm

I thought I would stir up the hornet's nest here since the broads are pretty quiet lately. There is a new trend in concerts in the form of holograms for deceased musical artists, i.e. Ronnie James Dio, Elvis, Michael Jackson, 2Pac, etc.
    Are you for this or against it?
    Does it carry on a legacy, or should the dead rest in peace?
    Is this good for the fans, or an exploitation / cash grab?
    Would you like to see a hologram-dedicated band (like Dio Disciples) on the ship?
    Would you like to see just one or two holograms during the All-Star Jam (like Lemmy, Dime, or Cliff Burton)?

I have never seen one, so I have no opinion, but for those who have seen one, please sound off!

:bangers:
    cegr80
    Petty Officer

Re: Holograms

by cegr80 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 2:29 pm

2017: Survivor - Cabin #7682
    2018: Survivor - Cabin #9701

2019 Wishlist:
    Acrassicauda|Alkaloid|Arcturus|AtTheGates|Batushka|BlackCrownInitiate|Borknagar|Candlemass|ChtoniC
    DimmuBorgir|Emperor|Ensiferum|Gorod|Ihsahn|Inferi|Jinjer|KeepOfKalessin|MorbidAngel|NovembersDoom
    ParadiseLost|Persefone|Shining(Nor)|TheGrindmother|Tyr|Wardehns
    TPH
    Chief Petty Officer

by TPH » Sat Mar 31, 2018 3:16 am

To me, this is an insult to these artists, as well as an insult to people that go to see that. This is called a live show for a reason.

It's sad that our heroes die, but that's part of the package we get from the day we are born. Living in the past never leads to good stuff (wow, that's deep bro)
    Wacken 2003
    Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2017
    70K 2017 - cabin 2250
    70K 2018 - cabin 8215
    Pellaz
    Ensign

by Pellaz » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:50 am

TPH wrote:To me, this is an insult to these artists, as well as an insult to people that go to see that. This is called a live show for a reason.

It's sad that our heroes die, but that's part of the package we get from the day we are born. Living in the past never leads to good stuff (wow, that's deep bro)

Pretty much THIS.

I think it comes across as a tawdry money-grab...and I'm hoping people stay AWAY from this in droves. That would send a clear message of "Hey, don't try to pull this stuff again."
    2019 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Bloodbath--Borknagar--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Eluveitie
    --Emperor--Ensiferum--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Exmortus--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Kalmah--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--
    Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Novembers.Doom--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
Post Reply 4 posts Page 1 of 1