Post Reply 19 posts Page 1 of 1
Megacruise 2019 discussion thread
  • Donutsauce
    Crewman

Megacruise 2019 discussion thread

by Donutsauce » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:14 am

Thought this could be a place to discuss Megacruise 2019 (unless there's already a thread I missed). I think at least a few forum users are going and there are so many knowledgeable metal folks here. This has been such a helpful place for 70k, hopefully we can help each other make the most of Megacruise 2019!
    (I know they have a Facebook but I'm not on FB much)

Feb 1 announcement:
    Queensrÿche
    Sacred Reich
    TOOTHGRINDER
    Malaka
    Lieutenant

Re: Megacruise 2019 discussion thread

by Malaka » Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:44 pm

I thought this thread got deleted, but it was buried under a bunch of necroposts. :lol:
    Megacruise is certainly easier for me to attend, being only a 6 hour drive from LA, and it departs on our 6th wedding anniversary.
    I would love to see an Anthrax/John Bush reunion of some sorts, with Armored Saint onbroad too.
    And the boat would probably resemble Majesty.
    But it's not Royal Caribbean, and the ship doesn't really travel too far out in the ocean. Some of the magic of 70K is sailing where you can't see land. Minor gripe, and I'm sure it will be a great time for those who are going.
    Now if only they would book Rotting Christ and Immortal, I'd be going for sure. :bmhorns:
    Batushka>Be'lakor>DarkFortress>Draconian>Hypocrisy>Mgla>PowerTrip>RottingChrist>Scour>SLAYER>TheatreofTragedyReunion>Triptykon>Uada>Wolfheart
  • Donutsauce
    Crewman

by Donutsauce » Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:41 am

Malaka wrote:
    Thu Feb 14, 2019 1:44 pm
    I thought this thread got deleted, but it was buried under a bunch of necroposts. :lol:
    Megacruise is certainly easier for me to attend, being only a 6 hour drive from LA, and it departs on our 6th wedding anniversary.
    I would love to see an Anthrax/John Bush reunion of some sorts, with Armored Saint onbroad too.
    And the boat would probably resemble Majesty.
    But it's not Royal Caribbean, and the ship doesn't really travel too far out in the ocean. Some of the magic of 70K is sailing where you can't see land. Minor gripe, and I'm sure it will be a great time for those who are going.
    Now if only they would book Rotting Christ and Immortal, I'd be going for sure. :bmhorns:
    Yeah I figure it'd get more attention if I crossposted somewhere on The Bridge or something. I was planning to post when there's announcements and stuff to keep it alive at least. Maybe people will see eventually.

Post-cruise opinions could be a positive thing for 70k with ideas for improvements/changes or whatever, so just seems like a good thread to keep around.

One thing's for sure at this point: The ship need some more bands!
  • metalforever
    Crewman

by metalforever » Sat Feb 23, 2019 8:59 am

I feel it would be a great oppurtunity to go on a MEGADETH cruise !!!!!!!!
    They are in my top 10 all time bands ! :D
    jodionline
    Ensign

by jodionline » Sat Feb 23, 2019 9:20 am

Megadeth are one of my few lifetimes bands. I'd love to go there, but I was 2 weeks on La Gomera this month. In Summer I go for 2 weeks to Slovenia. Of course I'm at Metaldays. Therefor I haven't enough holidays this year. Also is a question of money, if I want to be on 70000 tons next year.
    Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board 2020!
    https://open.spotify.com/album/5G5rYHx6E4MxdYHE3TG8Xn

Survivor: 2013, 2014, 2016
  • metalforever
    Crewman

by metalforever » Sat Feb 23, 2019 4:05 pm

Taking in account the finances I figured I cannot afford the Megadeth cruise and the 70000 tons , I am leaning towards trying to go on 70000 tons only ! :shred:
    I saw Megadeth in 2016 , and they were great !
  • Donutsauce
    Crewman

by Donutsauce » Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:43 am

Thought this was an interesting quote from Mustaine.
    What sail had they signed on for?

"Asked how the idea for the Megacruise came about, Mustaine said: “I wasn’t really into the cruise thing at all, to be honest, in the beginning, when we were approached with it. We had a sail that we had signed on for, and for whatever reason, it didn’t happen"

http://www.heavy-metal.it/dave-mustaine ... hing-ever/
    mbob
    Chief Petty Officer

by mbob » Sun Feb 24, 2019 10:16 am

They were booked to play the Moterhead cruise back in 2015 but cancelled.

Donutsauce wrote:
    Sun Feb 24, 2019 12:43 am
    Thought this was an interesting quote from Mustaine.
    What sail had they signed on for?

"Asked how the idea for the Megacruise came about, Mustaine said: “I wasn’t really into the cruise thing at all, to be honest, in the beginning, when we were approached with it. We had a sail that we had signed on for, and for whatever reason, it didn’t happen"

http://www.heavy-metal.it/dave-mustaine ... hing-ever/
    2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
    2016 - Survivor (2292)
    2017 - Survivor (9618)
    2018 - Survivor (9678)
    2019 - Survivor (9272)
    2020 - It has been a blast and I will miss everyone but it is a big NOPE for me!
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Wed Mar 13, 2019 11:02 am

definitely not able to go, but I actually am pretty impressed by the lineup and I'd go if I were able to
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
  • Donutsauce
    Crewman

by Donutsauce » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:20 am

March 20 announcement:
    MecaniX - Tribute To Megadeth
    Death Angel
    Suicidal Tendencies
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:47 am

Personally, I wouldn't book a cruise in October since it's right in the middle of hurricane season.
  • Donutsauce
    Crewman

by Donutsauce » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:02 am

meshuggah wrote:
    Thu Mar 21, 2019 6:47 am
    Personally, I wouldn't book a cruise in October since it's right in the middle of hurricane season.
    It's out of Los Angeles, California.
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Thu Mar 21, 2019 11:23 am

meshuggah wrote:
    Actually it's a great time to book a cruise. Prices are relatively low because it's hurricane season and most kids are In school so the ship isn't overrun with 'em. :lol:
    I book my friends and I on our "regular" cruise during October every year -- $110/night for a 7-night cruise, including pre-paid gratuities this year -- and we haven't been rerouted due to a hurricane yet. We had a close call two years ago when we happened to book a Western Caribbean itinerary (Cozumel, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios) that year and a hurricane affected the Eastern Caribbean, but all we experienced was a REALLY busy day in Coz, with 9 or 10 ships in port due to rerouting. The upcoming October cruise will be my 15th overall.

In any event, hurricanes shouldn't affect DaveCruise much since it's on a Pacific itinerary, although it's not impossible to have a close call with a Pacific Basin hurricane or some heavier seas.
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
  • meshuggah
    Ensign

by meshuggah » Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:57 pm

Donutsauce wrote:
    Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:02 am
    meshuggah wrote:
    My bad.
  • Donutsauce
    Crewman

by Donutsauce » Sat Mar 23, 2019 9:21 pm

meshuggah wrote:
    Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:57 pm
    Donutsauce wrote:
    Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:02 am
    meshuggah wrote:
    My bad.
    No prob.

Earth is a big big ball.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:07 pm

Lineup wise, it would be a no-brainer for me to go on the DaveCruise (love that haha) as it's like a who's who of so many of my fave bands. Luckily for me, and thanks largely to some great promoters in Vancouver and Seattle, I've seen any band involved that would have been considered a bucket list band for me a decade ago. The only band confirmed that I'll really regret missing is the modern era Queensryche as they haven't made their way up here in ages so it's been about 30 years since I sow them perform live.

I'm hoping to get to a festival in Pittsburgh in September to see the mighty Argus and then hopefully the 10th sailing of 70K if Andy can reel me in with some great early announcements. Those 2 trips pretty much kill my travel budget for the next year since I recently bought a new drum kit and a bunch of other shit and was 'supposed' to be saving money this year haha.
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Mar 27, 2019 1:44 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:07 pm
    I'm hoping to get to a festival in Pittsburgh in September to see the mighty Argus and then hopefully the 10th sailing of 70K if Andy can reel me in with some great early announcements.
    Good call on both. I saw Argus here several years back and they were really good.
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
  • Donutsauce
    Crewman

by Donutsauce » Mon Jun 17, 2019 1:53 pm

https://metalinjection.net/shocking-rev ... oat-cancer

"The 2019 Megacruise will happen, and the band will be a part of it in some form."

Well at least there's the MechaniX tribute band?

Throat cancer. Sucks.
  • metalforever
    Crewman

by metalforever » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:54 pm

Best of health and recovery to Dave Mustaine ! :wank:
Post Reply 19 posts Page 1 of 1