Post Reply 3 posts Page 1 of 1
Wikipedia's "heavy metal subculture"
  • Donutsauce
    Crewman

Wikipedia's "heavy metal subculture"

by Donutsauce » Sat Feb 16, 2019 1:19 am

The largest section is for "intolerance to other music". Is that really a thing? Beyond that, what is this page getting right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heavy_metal_subculture

I'm being trolled but I'm sort of in on the joke?

Post anyway, right?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

Re: Wikipedia's "heavy metal subculture"

by Godflesh » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:56 pm

“Intolerance” in art is a synonym for “lack of maturity” when you’re young, or “lack of intellectual development” when you are not.
    I think the article is generally accurate. I don’t think there’s such a thing as “metal orthodoxy” though, there are just a number of different formats. Musicians know this.
    If you don’t like when a band goes outside its original format, move on and stay with the other million bands who do. The most talented bands tend to transcend genres and formats.

Anybody who disagrees with me is being intolerant :lol:
  • Donutsauce
    Crewman

Re: Wikipedia's "heavy metal subculture"

by Donutsauce » Sun Feb 24, 2019 2:21 am

Godflesh wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:56 pm “Intolerance” in art is a synonym for “lack of maturity” when you’re young, or “lack of intellectual development” when you are not.
    I think the article is generally accurate. I don’t think there’s such a thing as “metal orthodoxy” though, there are just a number of different formats. Musicians know this.
    If you don’t like when a band goes outside its original format, move on and stay with the other million bands who do. The most talented bands tend to transcend genres and formats.

Anybody who disagrees with me is being intolerant :lol:
    Hell of a sentence up front there Godflesh.
    +1
Post Reply 3 posts Page 1 of 1