Post Reply 8 posts Page 1 of 1
Where do you get metal news?
  • Donutsauce
    Crewman

Where do you get metal news?

by Donutsauce » Wed Feb 27, 2019 9:49 am

Never really followed metal news since I really don't care about the drama of why some band has a beef with another, but it hasn't been all that bad knowing when a band's lineup changes, Ozzy's out sick, new albums, that type of thing since I started getting some newsletters.

So just looking for some good sources if you got em. The less drama-filled the better, but I get that it's sort of unavoidable.
    cegr80
    Midshipman

Re: Where do you get metal news?

by cegr80 » Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:55 am

I follow all the metal news fb pages: Blabbermouth, Metal Injection, MetalSucks, Metal Hammer, Revolver ....
    2017: Survivor - Cabin #7682
    2018: Survivor - Cabin #9701
    2019: Survivor - Cabin #7340

2020 Wishlist: Alkaloid+Arcturus+Augury+Avatar+Be'lakor+Belzebubs+BlackCrownInitiate+Borknagar+Candlemass+CthoniC+DimmuBorgir+Emperor+FirstFragment+Galaktikon+Gorod+Helmet+Ihsahn+Inferi+IrreversibleMechanism+Kaoteon+KeepOfKalessin+LochVostok+Melechesh+Micawber+Nightwish+NovembersDoom+NocnyKochanek+Prong+Pyrexia+Sarke+ShapeTheAbove+Shining(Nor)+Slugdge+SulphurAeon+TheKovenant+TombMold+Virvum+Wardehns
  • Donutsauce
    Crewman

by Donutsauce » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:20 am

cegr80 wrote:
    Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:55 am
    I follow all the metal news fb pages: Blabbermouth, Metal Injection, MetalSucks, Metal Hammer, Revolver ....
    I figured fb would be one of the main things...
    Wish fb was more avoidable, or I could just get over my general distaste for it. I did recently make a FB just to follow metal stuff though. Big surprise, it's already suggesting people I know as friends!

Been getting MetalSucks' email newsletter.
  • Phoenix
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:49 am

Metal is essentially the only reason I still have a Facebook account. It's the best place for tour and band news. Follow the pages of the bands you like and you'll see basically everything.

I wish I could get off Facebook, I really do...
    Edge.of.Sanity-†-Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow-†-Katatonia-†-Melechesh-†-November's.Doom-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-

Save these guys for 2021, Andy.
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Feb 27, 2019 1:04 pm

cegr80 wrote:
    Wed Feb 27, 2019 10:55 am
    Pretty much the same here, although I've sworn off MetalSucks; don't want to give them the clickbait revenue.
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
  • Donutsauce
    Crewman

by Donutsauce » Wed Feb 27, 2019 2:05 pm

Ah, RSS feeds.

Added this and some of the others mentioned above showed up to follow as well:
    http://www.blabbermouth.net/feed.rss
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Sat Mar 02, 2019 8:43 am

Facebook and of course, friends,etc. Bravewords.com is my go to--not as much as I used as they don't have some features that I really liked. Plus, I heard aboot this cruise WAYYYYY back in 2010 from being on Bravewords.

And you've been stick with me ever since!!!

:P
    8 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards
    Zed3
    Crewman

by Zed3 » Tue Mar 12, 2019 2:32 am

Phoenix wrote:
    Wed Feb 27, 2019 11:49 am
    Metal is essentially the only reason I still have a Facebook account. It's the best place for tour and band news. Follow the pages of the bands you like and you'll see basically everything.

I wish I could get off Facebook, I really do...
    Same here...

I don't really care that much about "news", just reviews of new stuff to listen to and for that I trust AngryMetalGuy.com and MetalBancamp.com
    2017: Survivor - 2018 & 2019: :( - 2020: nope again :(

Wishlist 2020:
    Aephanemer-/-Aether.Realm-/-Alestorm-/-Audrey.Horne-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Be'lakor-/-Belzebubs-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Biohazard-/-Bucovina-/-Byzantine-/-Dalriada-/-Dirty.Shirt-/-Einherjer-/-Exit.Eden-/-Fractal.Gates-/-Frozen.Crown-/-Ghoultown-/-Gojira-/-Grand.Magus-/-Immortal-/-Immortal.Guardian-/-Imperialist-/-Inferi-/-Khemmis-/-Kobra.and.the.Lotus-/-Lonewolf-/-Lör-/-Mantar-/-Mongol-/-Moonspell-/-Municipal.Waste-/-Myrath-/-Nailed.To.Obscurity-/-No.Return-/-Paladin-/-Palantir-/-Power.Trip-/-Savage.Machine-/-Seventh.Wonder-/-Skull.Fist-/-Soilwork-/-Striker-/-Svart.Crown-/-Tankard-/-Temptation's.Wings-/-The.Crown-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Troldhaugen-/-TrollfesT-/-Undrask-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Venom.Prison-/-VUUR-/-Warkings
Post Reply 8 posts Page 1 of 1