Post Reply 44 posts
Coronavirus impacting festivals?
    Pellaz
    Lieutenant

Re: Coronavirus impacting festivals?

by Pellaz » Fri Jun 05, 2020 10:33 pm

cegr80 wrote:
    Sun May 24, 2020 2:03 pm
    Glenn Harveston is hands down a class-act guy. Every other festival promoter (nudge nudge, wink wink) should learn from Glenn's transparent practices.

PPUSA being postponed was inevitable, it was only a matter of time.

I also threw in $100 to the GoFundMe campaing, as I feel Glenn totally deserves that financial aid.

I actually sent a private message to EToS' Facebook page and they replied! They said it is too soon to tell, but the band would expect to be contacted again to discuss their potential return to the lineup. That would make me so happy.
    Glenn posted that all but one band has re-confirmed for 2021; apparently Night Flight Orchestra is the only one missing and he will try to get them for 2022. I'm happy since it means that Ihsahn will still be performing. :headbanger:
    2021 Wishlist:
    1349--Abbath--Abigail.Williams--Aephanemer--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Alien.Weaponry--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arkona--Arsis--Atrocity--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Baroness--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Below.7--Belzebubs--Be'lakor--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Bloodbath--Blood.Red.Throne--Borknagar--Broken.Trinity--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--Chthe'ilist--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Demons.&.Wizards--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce
    --Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Eluveitie--Eneferens--Ensiferum--Enslaved--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Exmortus--Ex.Deo--Fear.Factory--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Immortal--Insomnium--Irreversible.Mechanism--Kalmah--Kamelot--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--
    Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Nokturnal.Mortem--NorthTale--Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Opeth--Paladin--Poisonblack--Powerwolf--Primordial--Rapheumet's.Well--Raven--Rivers.Of.Nihil--Sabaton--Sadistic.Ritual--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Serious.Black--Seven.Spires--Sigh--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Starkill--Steorrah--SYL--Suidakra--Summoning--Tarot--Therion--Thy.Serpent--Tomarum--Tomb.Mold--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vale.Of.Pnath--Valhalore--Vesania--Vintersorg--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Survivor
    2020: Survivor
    2021: SoooOOOooooooon
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:13 am

Memnoch wrote:
    Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:22 am
    It seems (one of) the first festivals this summer is Kotka Open Air in July. We should have a 500 attendant rule in place then, so it's not going to be a huge event. Friday's headliner is Barathrum and Saturday's Kalidia. I'm not holding my breathe over Kalidia being able to attend though seeing how they're an Italian band. But, I'm keeping my eye on the festival. It's only a bit over an hour away from Helsinki.
    ...aaand Kalidia cancelled their appearance at the festival. Of course.

Well, at least our borders are open again, so I can go to Estonia, Denmark, Norway and Sweden to spend time with my friends this summer.
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Tiki108
    Petty Officer

by Tiki108 » Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:56 pm

Memnoch wrote:
    Mon Jun 15, 2020 4:13 am
    Memnoch wrote:
    Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:22 am
    It seems (one of) the first festivals this summer is Kotka Open Air in July. We should have a 500 attendant rule in place then, so it's not going to be a huge event. Friday's headliner is Barathrum and Saturday's Kalidia. I'm not holding my breathe over Kalidia being able to attend though seeing how they're an Italian band. But, I'm keeping my eye on the festival. It's only a bit over an hour away from Helsinki.
    ...aaand Kalidia cancelled their appearance at the festival. Of course.

Well, at least our borders are open again, so I can go to Estonia, Denmark, Norway and Sweden to spend time with my friends this summer.
    I was so excited cause we were supposed to go to Estonia, Sweden, Finland, Denmark and Russia in August on a cruise, but that's officially cancelled. I think it'll be awhile before they'll want us folks from the US to travel anywhere... :cry:
    70K: 2014, 2020
    MDF: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
    Summer Breeze: 2014, 2015
    Party.San: 2015
    ProgPower: 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019
    Trveheim: 2018

2021_Wishlist:

Just please be on Royal Caribbean....
      Memnoch
      Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:35 am

Tiki108 wrote:
      Tue Jun 16, 2020 7:56 pm
      I was so excited cause we were supposed to go to Estonia, Sweden, Finland, Denmark and Russia in August on a cruise, but that's officially cancelled. I think it'll be awhile before they'll want us folks from the US to travel anywhere... :cry:
      Yeah, it does look like Americans will be banned from most of the world for quite some time.

And Kill Town Death Fest was also rescheduled for 2021. :cry:
      Wishlist:
      GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL