Discuss anything else here
User

Kingslayer

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:48 pm

Hellgary, Canada

Re: What book are you reading at the moment ?

by Kingslayer » Tue Jan 27, 2015 7:31 pm

I start way too many books, but as of late, I've narrowed it down to these three:
- A Feast for Crows
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?
2016: 9231
2017: 6521
2018: TBD

Wishlist: Amon Amarth, Candlemass, Devin Townsend Project, Doomsword, Ex Deo, Gloryhammer, Grand Magus, Hypocrisy, King Diamond, Nile, Powerwolf, Running Wild, Septicflesh, Steel Panther, Unleash The Archers
User

gundiesalvo

Rank

Petty Officer

Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:25 pm

Playa del Carmen, Mexico

by gundiesalvo » Wed Jan 28, 2015 2:19 pm

Warriors by Ted Bell. Picked it up at the airport since I was done with the book I brought with me, so far it's ok, not a great read but entertaining enough. Not a big fan of the writer's style.
70000 Tons 2015 Cabin 2604
70000 Tons 2016 ?
Wishlist:to-be-filled-in-later
User

ewest305

Rank

Oiler

Wed Jan 07, 2015 5:05 pm

Orlando, Florida

by ewest305 » Sun Feb 01, 2015 2:45 pm

Canon EOS Rebel T3/1100D.
Trying to learn how to use this camera I just bought. :ugeek:
2017: Cabin #8660
2015: Cabin #6314
2014: Cabin #2534
User

Wicker Man

Rank

Petty Officer

Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:47 pm

22 acacia avenue

by Wicker Man » Sat Feb 07, 2015 5:47 pm

Question for you guys, how to do sort your library? I am in the middle of reorganizing mine and I normally put everything in alphabetical order but I find it visually unpleasant with books of different shape. First world problem right here
The shadow of the Wicker Man is rising up again!
User

onenight

Rank

Midshipman

Wed Mar 03, 2010 5:11 pm

Indiana

by onenight » Fri May 01, 2015 6:04 pm

Stephen King---Insomnia Almost 800 pages but a good read.
2015 wishlist: Mercyful Fate, Meliah Rage, Agalloch, Anathema, Armored Saint, Warlock, Sahg, Labyrinth, Incantation, Accept, Savatage, Goatwhore, Satan, Bolt Thrower, Tad Morose, Krokus, TT Quick, Eldritch
User

Speedy

Rank

Ensign

Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:51 am

Trondheim, Norway

by Speedy » Sat May 02, 2015 4:54 am

70k 2013 cabin 4008
70k 2014 cabin 2565
70k 2015 cabin 8687
70k 2016 cabin 7607
70k 2017 cabin 6667

(Part) Norwegian Wishlist: -Audrey.Horne-/-Borknagar-/-Chontaraz-/-Chrome.Division-/-Circus.Maximus-/-Dimension.F3h-/-Divided.Multitude-/-Djerv-/-Enslaved-/-Evig.Natt-/-Glittertind-/-Gothminister-/-Highland.Glory-/-ICS.Vortex-/-Ihsahn-/-Jorn-/-Leprous-/-Lumsk-/-Memorized.Dreams-/-Midnattsol-/-Mortemia-/-Nergard-/-Pagan's.Mind-/-Savn-/-Sirenia-/-Svölk-/-Tellus.Requiem-/-Triosphere-/-The.Sirens-/-Tristania-/-Viper.Solfa-/-Vredehammer-/-Withem-

International Wishlist: -Abinchova-/-Accept-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Amon.Amarth-/-Ancient.Bards-/-And.Then.She.Came-/-Аркона-/-Avantasia-/-Battle.Beast-/-Battlelore-/-Beyond.the.Bridge-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Crimfall-/-Cripper-/-Dark.Sarah-/-Delain-/-Diabulus.in.Musica-/-Die.Apokalyptischen.Reiter-/-Doro-/-Dragonforce-/-Dream.Theater-/-Eisbrecher-/-Eluveitie-/-Elvenking-/-Ensiferum-/-Epica-/-Evenoire-/-Ex.Libris-/-Fejd-/-Finsterforst-/-Freedom.Call-/-Fylgja-/-Gloryhammer-/-Грай-/-Grailknights-/-Hammerfall-/-Heavatar-/-Heidevolk-/-Heldmaschine-/-Helloween-/-Ignea-/-Izegrim-/-Jaded.Star-/-Калевала-/-Kivimetsän.Druidi-/-Korpiklaani-/-Lacuna.Coil-/-Lingua.Mortis.Orchestra-/-Magistina.Saga-/-MaYaN-/-Megaherz-/-Metsatöll-/-Moonspell-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Невидь-/-Nightwish-/-Nine.Treasures-/-November-7-/-Oomph!-/-Powerwolf-/-Queensrÿche-/-Rage-/-Ragnaröek-/-Raubtier-/-Rhapsody-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Schwarzer.Engel-/-Skálmöld-/-Sleeping.Romance-/-Смута-/-Stahlmann-/-Subway.to.Sally-/-Svartsot-/-Symphony.X-/-Tarja-/-Tengger.Cavalry-/-The.Privateer-/-Turisas-/-Twilight.Force-/-Týr-/-U.D.O.-/-Van.Canto-/-Vanden.Plas-/-Vika-/-Visions.of.Atlantis-/-Vogelfrey-/-Volbeat-/-VUUR-/-White.Shadow-/-Winterstorm-/-Wintersun-/-Within.Temptation-
User

xelI777

Rank

Wiper

Mon May 04, 2015 12:45 pm

Bogota, Colombia

by xelI777 » Mon May 04, 2015 1:24 pm

- Twain, "Adventures of Huckleberry Finn"

- Poe, complete works.

- Nicolas Gomez Davila, "Escolios Escogidos"
Wishlist: Amorphis, Amon Amarth, Anaal Nathrakh, Behemoth, Finntroll, Gehennah, Misery Index, Venom.

Wishlist (too good to be true): Amorphis, Anaal Nathrakh, Agalloch, Gehennah, Moonspell, October Falls, Wolfheart.
no avatar
User

sageoftruth

Rank

Lieutenant

Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:08 pm

Boston, MA

by sageoftruth » Wed May 13, 2015 7:46 am

Restless Empire: China and the World Since 1750

Because why read about sacred groves, red weddings, and epic wars when I can subject myself to a damn history lesson? :lol:

Still, it's kind of interesting reading about China's relations with other countries. They really were full of themselves back then, but just about every country with power thought it was the best back then.
no avatar
User

BehnWilson

Rank

Midshipman

Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:59 pm

Chicago, IL

by BehnWilson » Sun May 31, 2015 4:51 am

Marvel Masterworks - Incredible Hulk Vol 9
User

LadyBlackfhyre

Rank

Midshipman

Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:26 am

by LadyBlackfhyre » Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:37 pm

I'm still reading Wheel of Time - just finished book 8 and starting book 9!

70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor - 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Here I come!
no avatar
User

sageoftruth

Rank

Lieutenant

Boston, MA

by sageoftruth » Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:58 pm

I finished my book on China. Having just finished covering recent Chinese history, I decided to look for a book on ancient Chinese history, but no luck, so I settled for a book about the crusades called "The Race for Paradise". What made this one interesting was that the Muslim empire was the focus this time instead of Europe. Still, lots of comparisons are drawn between the two groups.
User

Wicker Man

Rank

Petty Officer

Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:47 pm

22 acacia avenue

by Wicker Man » Fri Jul 17, 2015 2:55 pm

Just finish WoT and all I can say is wow, what an amazing story. Now, i need to find something else to read...
The shadow of the Wicker Man is rising up again!
no avatar
User

sageoftruth

Rank

Lieutenant

Boston, MA

by sageoftruth » Mon Aug 03, 2015 11:14 am

Ancient Egypt: Everyday Life in the Land of the Nile

Pretty interesting. Not a bad religion either. Basically, if you're not a priest, then you have no religious obligations except to not be a dick to other people. No "God's watching you and judging you every day" nonsense. Just, don't do bad things to other people, or to any of the shrines or statues, and your heart won't be devoured by a beast when it's weighed on the scale of judgment.
Of course, their weird concept of the afterlife means you may be forced to build a pyramid.
User

DrinkMoxie

Rank

Commander

Tue May 24, 2011 8:31 pm

McKees Rocks, PA

by DrinkMoxie » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:20 am

Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Goatwhore-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-TenggerCavalry-GreenJello-Zimmer'sHole-Witchery-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-OctoberTide-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-TheAbsence-Desultory-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Alestorm-DarkTranquillity-InExtremo-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Meshuggah-Gyze-Benediction

cabin 3013 (2012)
cabin 9560 (2014)
cabin 8671 (2015)
cabin 7313 (2017)
no avatar
User

gnoff_the_creep

Rank

Lieutenant

Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:55 pm

Sweden

by gnoff_the_creep » Mon Sep 21, 2015 8:24 am

Just finished "The Runes of the Earth", first book of 4 in "The Last Chronicles of Thomas Covenant", waiing for the last 3 books to arrive.

In the meantime some light reading "Water - A Comprehensive Guide for Brewers".
PINK

http://twitter.com/rockgnoff/

http://rockgnoff.blogspot.se/
User

Kingslayer

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Hellgary, Canada

by Kingslayer » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:34 am

Just started reading "The Last Wish" by Andrzej Sapkowski, which is the first of two short story collections about The Witcher, for those of you who are familiar with the video games. Within the first four pages, the main character has sex with a woman in a temple and murders three men in a tavern. Needless to say, I'm already hooked

Wishlist: Amon Amarth, Candlemass, Devin Townsend Project, Doomsword, Ex Deo, Gloryhammer, Grand Magus, Hypocrisy, King Diamond, Nile, Powerwolf, Running Wild, Septicflesh, Steel Panther, Unleash The Archers
User

taketheday

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Tue Apr 03, 2012 8:46 am

Switzerland

by taketheday » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:17 am

The Annals Of The World - a huge book about the history of the world, almost year by year from a Christian view.
2013: 7545
2014: 9554
2015: 2633
2016: 7320
2017/2018: 7624

4th-Dimension-/-Abinchova-/-Alestorm-/-Amberian-Dawn-/-Amon-Amarth-/-Anti-Tank-Nun-/-Apocalyptica-/-Astralion-/-Avantasia-/-Avelion-/-Blind-Guardian-/-Celtibeerian-/-Chronomancy-/-Crystallion-/-Derdian-/-Dreamshade-/-Dynazty-/-Ego-Fall-/-Ensiferum-/-Epicrenel-/-Eternal-Fear-/-Excelsis-/-Finntroll-/-Fogalord-/-Freedom-Call-/-Frosttide-/-Gonoreas-/-Gotthard-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-Flames-/-InnerWish-/-Juvaliant-/-Kaledon-/-Kamikaze-Kings-/-Korpiklaani-/-Kotiteollisuus-/-Krokus-/-Lordi-/-Los-Bastardos-Finlandeses-/-Magic-Kingdom-/-Majesty-Of-Revival-/-Melodius-Deite-/-Nonpoint-/-Operadyse-/-Pertness-/-Pretty-Maids-/-Ravenage-/-Sabaton-/-Secret-Illusion-/-Sideburn-/-SnakeyeS-/-Sonata-Arctica-/-Stratovarius-/-Summoned-Tide-/-Svartsot-/-Teräsbetoni-/-To/Die/For-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Troll-Bends-Fir-/-Turisas-/-Twilight-Force-/-Tyr-/-Veonity-/-Volbeat-/-Vexillum-/-Wind-Rose-/-Winterstorm-/-Wintersun[/size]

http://www.bandspromo.biz/home.html
no avatar
User

Thrashmania

Rank

Crewman

Sun Dec 09, 2012 10:52 am

by Thrashmania » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:40 pm

Finished reading The Martian right before the movie came out. Great book. Part dark comedy, part believable sci-fi. Movie was meh.

Started reading The Black Company series, I like the moral ambiguity of the mercenary company.
70k 2012, Barge 2012, 70k 2015, 70k 2016, 70k 2017
no avatar
User

IcedInferno

Rank

Oiler

Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:15 pm

by IcedInferno » Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:02 pm

I'm getting ready for the cruise lineup, So I just started reading (for the second time) The Dark Tower series.

I should have enough reading for the trip.
User

Kingslayer

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Hellgary, Canada

by Kingslayer » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:58 pm

I've finally started A Dance with Dragons. Apart from the Daenerys chapters, I can't put it down

User

captaingabbeh

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:07 pm

Calgary, Canada

by captaingabbeh » Fri Jul 08, 2016 11:59 am

Kingslayer wrote:I've finally started A Dance with Dragons. Apart from the Daenerys chapters, I can't put it down

Hey memeslayer, guess what I just finished?

I actually liked the Daenerys chapters, although I spend decent chunks of them going "Oh honey, no". The Reek chapters, though? Uggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh. Those were awful.

2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 BOOKED!!

Want: NeO-Chthonic-Heidevolk-Sabaton-Powerwolf
-Kreator-Finntroll-Nightwish-Myrath-Thunderstone-TheAgonist-Skindred-Satyricon-Hypocrisy-Epica-Starkill-Crossfaith-Zeal&Ardor-Meshuggah-Septicflesh-Aeternam-Demons&Wizards-3TEETH
User

EpidemicReign

Rank

Petty Officer

Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:30 pm

Avondale, AZ, USA

by EpidemicReign » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:26 pm

Currently bouncing back and forth between Stephen King's "It" and The Complete Stories and Poems of Edgar Allan Poe.
2018 Booked
2017 Survivor
2015 Survivor
User

Gutterchild7

Rank

Oiler

Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:02 pm

Buenos Aires - Argentina

by Gutterchild7 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:03 am

THIS *-* I always wanted the printed edition but it's impossible to get it where I live (guess when I head to usa I'll try to find it T_T)

Also, reading Poe's short stories from time to time as I always did.
ARGENTINA
[[ † 2017 † ]] .: 7674 :.

"May the touch of your hand forever be my therapy~~"
User

DrinkMoxie

Rank

Commander

Tue May 24, 2011 8:31 pm

McKees Rocks, PA

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:07 am

Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Goatwhore-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-TenggerCavalry-GreenJello-Zimmer'sHole-Witchery-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-OctoberTide-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-TheAbsence-Desultory-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Alestorm-DarkTranquillity-InExtremo-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Meshuggah-Gyze-Benediction

cabin 3013 (2012)
cabin 9560 (2014)
cabin 8671 (2015)
cabin 7313 (2017)
User

PacNW

Rank

Crewman

Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:16 pm

Portland, OR

by PacNW » Fri Aug 19, 2016 10:18 am

Reading Book of the New Sun for the second time, Gene Wolfe. There are those who say you get a lot more out of the book as you read it again; I'm finding this report extremely true
2012, 2017 - 6223, 2018 - 6387
User

mooyagi

Rank

Captain

Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm

Tucson, AZ, USA

by mooyagi » Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:08 pm

Gutterchild7 wrote:THIS *-* I always wanted the printed edition but it's impossible to get it where I live (guess when I head to usa I'll try to find it T_T)

Also, reading Poe's short stories from time to time as I always did.

I have it sitting on my bookshelf. Looking at it right now. :D I had to special order it at the bookstore, but that was years ago. I'm currently going through the old 1994 Chinese TV show on youtube. I started the show a long time ago and never finished so I had to start over.

Right now I am reading The Myst Reader. I'm just a little bit into The Book of Ti'ana.

I should get around to updating my signature
User

Yippee38

Rank

Crewman

Thu Jul 23, 2015 4:49 am

by Yippee38 » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:54 pm

I'm currently reading (actually, listening to it on Audible) "The Fell Sword" by Miles Cameron. It's the second book in the series. The first was "The Red Knight". Both books are really good military fantasy with a focus on knights and chivalry.
User

TPH

Rank

Petty Officer

Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:47 am

Dublin, Ireland

by TPH » Sun Dec 18, 2016 6:12 pm

Devin Townsend - Only Half There

The guy is definitely...unique. Really interesting to read.
Wacken 2003
Fury Fest 2004-2005, Hellfest 2006 to 2017
70K 2017 - cabin 2250
User

BlackToothGrin

Rank

Crewman

Tue Feb 16, 2010 2:22 pm

by BlackToothGrin » Thu Jan 05, 2017 1:07 pm

Speedy wrote:Image

Just started this series myself! About halfway through Gardens of the Moon.
User

MettalMiranda

Rank

Oiler

Sat Jan 07, 2017 9:11 pm

Pittsburgh , PA

by MettalMiranda » Fri Jan 13, 2017 9:52 am

I am reading a collection of lovecraft and also some older japanese poetry .

Demolition hammer - Onslaught - BullRiff Stampede - Kryptos -Seprevation -Gojira - Black Kirin - Ego Falls - Testament - Savage Messiah - Anthrax - Krysthla - Beholder - Demonic Resurrection - Reptilian Death - Bhyanak Maut- BurgerKill
User

captaingabbeh

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Calgary, Canada

by captaingabbeh » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:54 am

I'm slowly working my way through Medium Raw by Anthony Bourdain. I guess it's kind of his autobiography, except more split into topics. If you like his shows at all, though, you'd probably like this - you can practically hear him narrating the book, and dude has stories.

Also, I really want to start The Wise Man's Fear, but probably won't get to it until I get on the plane for the boat.

-Kreator-Finntroll-Nightwish-Myrath-Thunderstone-TheAgonist-Skindred-Satyricon-Hypocrisy-Epica-Starkill-Crossfaith-Zeal&Ardor-Meshuggah-Septicflesh-Aeternam-Demons&Wizards-3TEETH
User

MettalMiranda

Rank

Oiler

Pittsburgh , PA

by MettalMiranda » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:19 am

captaingabbeh wrote:I'm slowly working my way through Medium Raw by Anthony Bourdain. I guess it's kind of his autobiography, except more split into topics. If you like his shows at all, though, you'd probably like this - you can practically hear him narrating the book, and dude has stories.

Also, I really want to start The Wise Man's Fear, but probably won't get to it until I get on the plane for the boat.

I really love his shows !

Demolition hammer - Onslaught - BullRiff Stampede - Kryptos -Seprevation -Gojira - Black Kirin - Ego Falls - Testament - Savage Messiah - Anthrax - Krysthla - Beholder - Demonic Resurrection - Reptilian Death - Bhyanak Maut- BurgerKill
User

captaingabbeh

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Calgary, Canada

by captaingabbeh » Fri Jan 13, 2017 12:48 pm

MettalMiranda wrote:
captaingabbeh wrote:I'm slowly working my way through Medium Raw by Anthony Bourdain. I guess it's kind of his autobiography, except more split into topics. If you like his shows at all, though, you'd probably like this - you can practically hear him narrating the book, and dude has stories.

I really love his shows !

Same here! Parts Unknown is particularly good, IMO. The cinematography and production is killer.

User

MettalMiranda

Rank

Oiler

Pittsburgh , PA

by MettalMiranda » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:38 am

I am reading some of the best of lovecraft and also some forgotten realms stuff . Books of my youth just make me super happy

User

Evican

Rank

Sub-Lieutenant

Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:00 pm

A Happy Little Vegemite in Poutine Land

by Evican » Fri Feb 17, 2017 12:38 pm

"Buffering: Unshared Tales of a Life Fully Loaded" - Hannah Hart
"The Art Of Asking" - Amanda Palmer
70K 2011 | 2012 | 2017 | 2018
Cripper-Ne Obliviscaris-Carach Angren-Melechesh-Aborted-Behemoth-Amon Amarth-Insomnium-Havok-BENIGHTED-Meshuggah-Negura Bunget-Disarmonia Mundi-Ex Deo-Into Eternity-Septicflesh-Nightrage-Fallujah-Emperor-Incantation-Necrophagist-Kalisia-Decapitated
User

EpidemicReign

Rank

Petty Officer

Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:30 pm

Avondale, AZ, USA

by EpidemicReign » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:06 pm

On a quest for The Dark Tower... just started book 6.
2018 Booked
2017 Survivor
2015 Survivor
User

Starling

Rank

Wiper

Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:46 am

by Starling » Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:12 am

Not exactly the most dynamic thread on the forum here! But I'm a big book nerd, and I've been thinking about a metal reading list. Not books about metal (those are fairly easy to find), but books that, perhaps, have influenced songs, bands, lyrics, etc. I'm about to read through this whole thread and see what else I find (and yes, writing down a bunch of the books about metal too!), but what comes up when you think of that? Which bands/musicians/songs were influenced by what books, basically. (I'm also always interested in books recommended by the musicians. For example, just wrote down some recommended by Alex Skolnick on his old blog.)

My list is really short so far, but I've got Johnny Got His Gun - Dalton Trumbo, Rime of the Ancient Mariner - Coleridge, Norse Mythology - Neil Gaiman (probably lots of other mythology too), For Whom the Bell Tolls - Hemingway, H.P. Lovecraft....What others can you think of? I could probably come up with several more, but I thought I'd crowd-source it and see what you guys can tell me! :ugeek:
2017 Survivor
2018 Booked (Cabin 8359)
no avatar
User

PearlBlack

Rank

Wiper

Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:35 am

by PearlBlack » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:14 pm

Erasmus "Morias enkomion seu laus stultitiae"
User

Jaimie38

Rank

Lieutenant

Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:29 pm

Edmonton,Canada

by Jaimie38 » Thu Sep 21, 2017 7:40 pm

Car and Driver.

:cheers:
6 Time Vet!
Wishlist--Accept,GRIMREAPER!!!,WASP,ArmoredSaint,DioDisciples,Loudness,
DangerousToys,Triumph.Scorpions,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,MorsPrincpiumEst,
Exmortus,TheOrderofChaos For those who are sailing with us in honour
Previous