Post Reply 880 posts
What book are you reading at the moment ?
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

Re: For those who read...

by sageoftruth » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:12 am

Nicolas0928 wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:
    Nicolas0928 wrote:I am reading THE PILLARS OF THE EARTH - KEN FOLLETT

But is very long

Have you seen the tv show for it yet? Pretty good. Wish I had read the book first though

Noooooo

Where I found the tv show??????

Never heard of this one. What's it about?
  • AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

Re: What are you reading at the moment ?

by AlaskaRachel » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:12 am

sageoftruth wrote:
    Element0s wrote:The Subtitles on GTO(Great Teacher Onizuke)
    Best anime ever

Tell that to mooyagi. He shared a suite with me and didn't watch one episode while I plowed through the whole thing with another fellow suitemate. I even wrote a college report on the show. I miss college.

I don't. You wanna do my last semester for me? :lol:

I just bought like 11 new books. Only 2 of them were for school :D
    Inquisitor
    Midshipman

by Inquisitor » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:25 am

AlaskaRachel wrote:
    sageoftruth wrote:
    Best anime ever

Tell that to mooyagi. He shared a suite with me and didn't watch one episode while I plowed through the whole thing with another fellow suitemate. I even wrote a college report on the show. I miss college.

I don't. You wanna do my last semester for me? :lol:

I just bought like 11 new books. Only 2 of them were for school :D

College was horrible, don't miss it at all. I'm not really reading a book at the moment, nothing peaking my interest at my moment.
  • Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

Re: What book are you reading at the moment ?

by Heabymetawhunta » Wed Jun 15, 2011 10:56 am

Read it about 5 times. Having a loonnnng flight to france this weekend so ill be reading that. :D
    70K TONS OF METAL 2011 SURVIVOR!

2012 wishlist: Metal Inquisitor-grim reaper- Hell - OZ!
    Amandroid
    Petty Officer

by Amandroid » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:02 am

I haven't sat and read for pleasure in a long time, but I picked up a book two Fridays ago while I was at the airport. Tina Fey's "Bossypants." I thought it was pretty fun and enjoyable for a light, comedic read. Got done with it by the time I was back home, too. Totally written by a chick, btw. :)
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:05 am

I just started Tales of Genji (Another Japanese book, I know). It seems to be a classic about court and and imperial stuff, and it is off to a pretty slow start. Also, the translation is pretty shoddy. I hope I can get into it at some point. It's bound to be more fun than "Open Veins of Latin America". My boss gave me that book (I work in immigration). Half of it is about the economy of coffee and tobacco and the other half is about how my ancestors screwed the people of Latin America. I gave up after getting through 1/3 of it.
  • Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:31 am

sageoftruth wrote:I just started Tales of Genji (Another Japanese book, I know). It seems to be a classic about court and and imperial stuff, and it is off to a pretty slow start. Also, the translation is pretty shoddy. I hope I can get into it at some point. It's bound to be more fun than "Open Veins of Latin America". My boss gave me that book (I work in immigration). Half of it is about the economy of coffee and tobacco and the other half is about how my ancestors screwed the people of Latin America. I gave up after getting through 1/3 of it.

ill be more than happy to take that copy of "open veins" off yours hands. It never stopped at ancestors, its still going on =]

• sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:44 am

Heabymetawhunta wrote:
    sageoftruth wrote:I just started Tales of Genji (Another Japanese book, I know). It seems to be a classic about court and and imperial stuff, and it is off to a pretty slow start. Also, the translation is pretty shoddy. I hope I can get into it at some point. It's bound to be more fun than "Open Veins of Latin America". My boss gave me that book (I work in immigration). Half of it is about the economy of coffee and tobacco and the other half is about how my ancestors screwed the people of Latin America. I gave up after getting through 1/3 of it.

ill be more than happy to take that copy of "open veins" off yours hands. It never stopped at ancestors, its still going on =]

Oh yeah, I know. A third of our clientelle are always around as living proof of that. I won't deny that I learned a thing or two from the book as well, but sometimes I think the author tried a little too hard to tell me what to think (even if I usually agreed with him). The raging opinions that came with it the useful information came across as very unprofessional. That aside, economics never fails to put me to sleep, so constantly switching between verbal (written) abuse and boredom killed it for me.
  • Heabymetawhunta
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Heabymetawhunta » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:55 am

sageoftruth wrote:ill be more than happy to take that copy of "open veins" off yours hands. It never stopped at ancestors, its still going on =]

Oh yeah, I know. A third of our clientelle are always around as living proof of that. I won't deny that I learned a thing or two from the book as well, but sometimes I think the author tried a little too hard to tell me what to think (even if I usually agreed with him). The raging opinions that came with it the useful information came across as very unprofessional. That aside, economics never fails to put me to sleep, so constantly switching between verbal (written) abuse and boredom killed it for me.[/quote]

I can see that happening a lot with that book haha. :mrgreen:

Wicker Man
    Petty Officer

by Wicker Man » Wed Jun 15, 2011 2:31 pm

I'm reading A Games Of Thrones, so far so good! i like it.

Pillard of The earth is amazing, the second part World Without End is quite good too, and the series starting with Fall of Giant is awesome too, just can't wait for him to finish the rest...

about the tv-show : http://www.ken-follett.com/film/pillars ... earth.html
    The shadow of the Wicker Man is rising up again!
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:46 pm

sageoftruth wrote:
    Best anime ever

You wrote a report on Anime? I just never got into it. Don't know why, just doesn't do anything for me. I think I remember us watching Ninja Scroll or something like that and having a good time.

I miss college too :cry: Real world sucks.
    I should get around to updating my signature
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:49 pm

mooyagi wrote:You wrote a report on Anime? I just never got into it. Don't know why, just doesn't do anything for me. I think I remember us watching Ninja Scroll or something like that and having a good time.

I tried as well. I liked Ninja SCrool, Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell and Folly Cooly, but the rest of it just bores me. I always felt like I was "missing something" so I would dabble from time to time. The I realized "ah whatever". :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:58 pm

KevinP wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:You wrote a report on Anime? I just never got into it. Don't know why, just doesn't do anything for me. I think I remember us watching Ninja Scroll or something like that and having a good time.

I tried as well. I liked Ninja SCrool, Cowboy Bebop, Ghost in the Shell and Folly Cooly, but the rest of it just bores me. I always felt like I was "missing something" so I would dabble from time to time. The I realized "ah whatever". :mrgreen:

No complaints. You tried. That's what matters. :P I sometimes have the same issue with regular television.
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:37 pm

Just bought:

Anne Rice-The Vampire Chronicles (due for a re read)
    Bryce Courtenay-The Power of One (read this one a long time ago and really liked it, also time for a re read)
    Mary Shelley-Frankenstein
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
  • BehnWilson
    Midshipman

by BehnWilson » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:56 pm

just bought the new Metallica biography and borrowed a Chelsea Handler book from someone at work.

Not sure which I want to read first.
  • AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:35 am

I've bought like 15 books in the last few weeks and managed to read 2 in that time. Always buying more than I can read....Oh and now I have an e-reader so my book hoarding has extended into virtual hoarding...anyway,

I finished reading Carl Sagan's "Cosmos" and thought it wasn't nearly as good as "Broca's Brain" and "Dragons of Eden." Not impressed.
    I also read Sloane Crosley's "How did you get this number?" and I really liked it. Powered through the whole thing in one lazy day. It was cute. Im definitely going to buy more of her work.
    Now I'm working on John Gribbin's "In Search of Schrodingers Cat" and so far I like it.
  • AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:36 am

BehnWilson wrote:just bought the new Metallica biography and borrowed a Chelsea Handler book from someone at work.

I've heard good things about Chelsea Handlers book.
  • BehnWilson
    Midshipman

by BehnWilson » Wed Jul 06, 2011 3:26 am

AlaskaRachel wrote:
    BehnWilson wrote:just bought the new Metallica biography and borrowed a Chelsea Handler book from someone at work.

I've heard good things about Chelsea Handlers book.

Her talk show is one of the funniest shows on tv.
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:22 pm

Just got some new reading material from work, called "The Strength of What Remains". It's a story about a guy from Rwanda (or at least that part of Africa) who escaped the genocide and made it to New York. I haven't spoiled anything. It actually starts with him escaping in a helicopter and heading to New York. It goes back and forth between him adapting to life in New York and flashbacks of his life in Burundi before and during the genocide. I'm about 2/3 into the book right now and he's already made it out of poverty and become an activist, while his past has been fully recounted, so nothing's really happening now, aside from him basically retelling various things that have already been shown in the previous 400 pages. There are still 200 pages left, so I hope something happens or I'll find myself skipping pages every once in awhile.
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:40 pm

still reading Image

next up Image
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CemeterySkyline-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-Souldrainer-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-Stortregn-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:45 pm

sageoftruth wrote:Oh, and how could I forget. Mooyagi and I both read Romance of the Three Kingdoms two years ago. If you haven't heard of it, it is essentially the story that Dynasty Warriors is based off of. If you don't play crappy hack n' slashes by Koei, it could also be considered the Chinese version of the Illiad. If you have played Dynasty Warriors, you should definitely check it out.

I deffintly intend on picking that book up when i'm finished reading the ' A Song of ice and Fire' books
  • vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:55 pm

Metalwrath wrote:
    sageoftruth wrote:Oh, and how could I forget. Mooyagi and I both read Romance of the Three Kingdoms two years ago. If you haven't heard of it, it is essentially the story that Dynasty Warriors is based off of. If you don't play crappy hack n' slashes by Koei, it could also be considered the Chinese version of the Illiad. If you have played Dynasty Warriors, you should definitely check it out.

I deffintly intend on picking that book up when i'm finished reading the ' A Song of ice and Fire' books

Yeah I'm hoping to read that too. Ooooh which one are you on right now??
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
  • vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Wed Jul 06, 2011 7:56 pm

Oh and for the record, if anyone ruins the next George Martin book that is out in A MATTER OF DAYS for me then I will potentially castrate them or punch their ovaries into their throat. That is my warning :D
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:11 pm

vikingbitch wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:

Yeah I'm hoping to read that too. Ooooh which one are you on right now??

A Clash of Kings.I ordered all the books 2 weeks ago but been hard to find the time to read them with work and trying to sort out stuff.
    yeah i was happily reading Game of Thrones whe a friend of mine on facebook posted something that happend in it because he was watching the tv series.I'm gonna get him back somehow on the cruise for that :evil:
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:13 pm

vikingbitch wrote:Oh and for the record, if anyone ruins the next George Martin book that is out in A MATTER OF DAYS for me then I will potentially castrate them or punch their ovaries into their throat. That is my warning :D

Yeah I hear spoilers are going around.... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK I WANT TO READ THE BOOK SO BAD!!!!!!
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

• vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:33 pm

Metalwrath wrote:A Clash of Kings.I ordered all the books 2 weeks ago but been hard to find the time to read them with work and trying to sort out stuff.
    yeah i was happily reading Game of Thrones whe a friend of mine on facebook posted something that happend in it because he was watching the tv series.I'm gonna get him back somehow on the cruise for that :evil:

Paul? :lol: :lol: :lol:

viathyn wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:Oh and for the record, if anyone ruins the next George Martin book that is out in A MATTER OF DAYS for me then I will potentially castrate them or punch their ovaries into their throat. That is my warning :D

Yeah I hear spoilers are going around.... FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK I WANT TO READ THE BOOK SO BAD!!!!!!

Already???!! Arrrgh. No. No way. Ahhhckkk I want that book nooooooooowwww!!
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Wed Jul 06, 2011 8:39 pm

No Paul wouldn't do something like that.
    Was my friend from Seattle who was sharing the cabin with us.
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:43 pm

Metalwrath wrote:No Paul wouldn't do something like that.

lol, yeah, i wouldnt use facebook... also i'm not a dick :D

1914-/-Alkaloid-/-Annihilator-/-Be'lakor-/-Cage-/-Civil War-/-Deus mortem-/-Eternity's End-/-Falkenbach-/-Fejd-/-Ghoul-/-Glyph-/-Grai-/-Grimner-/-Hellripper-/-Helloween-/-Igorrr-/-Iron Griffin-/-Jack Starr's Burning Starr-/-Kanonenfieber-/-Krux-/-Lör-/-Madder mortem-/-Mephorash-/-Metalian-/-Narzissus-/-Nocturnal Rites-/-Old Season-/-Paladin-/-Qantice-/-Riot V-/-Riot City-/-Sulphur Aeon-/-Stormkeep-/-Tad morose-/-Tankard-/-Tower-/-Ungfell-/-Vhaldemar-/-Walg-/-XIV Dark Centuries-/-Yoth iria
  • vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Fri Jul 08, 2011 7:22 pm

Ravenlord wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:No Paul wouldn't do something like that.

lol, yeah, i wouldnt use facebook... also i'm not a dick :D

Of course not :P off the cuff guess as he said sharing a cabin with you both.
    tommo76
    Crewman

by tommo76 » Sat Jul 09, 2011 2:23 am

I am reading an Ian Rankin novel again. "Resurrection Men". Really love the Inspector Rebus books. A really good read.
  • portharbor
    Crewman

by portharbor » Sun Jul 24, 2011 2:55 pm

Seven Deadly Sins by Corey Taylor.

Thus far i'm not sure if it's the most brilliant thing i've ever read or the biggest sack of shit i've ever witnessed.
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:22 pm

Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, though I'm having a hard time getting into it (possibly since I already know the story......or because I waste too much time here :lol: )
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:26 pm

KDibildox wrote:Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, though I'm having a hard time getting into it (possibly since I already know the story......or because I waste too much time here :lol: )

it's really good though, and should be a quick read once you get goin'
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CemeterySkyline-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-Souldrainer-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-Stortregn-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:28 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:
    KDibildox wrote:Mary Shelley's Frankenstein, though I'm having a hard time getting into it (possibly since I already know the story......or because I waste too much time here :lol: )

it's really good though, and should be a quick read once you get goin'

Yeah, I get that feeling, too. I've wanted to read it for a while, but I want to make sure I'm really reading it, not just going through the motions. Especially since it's such a small book
  • AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:32 pm

I'm still working on "In search of Schrodinger's Cat" but I just got a bunch of mythology and folklore books so I'm considering pausing this one to start one of those...
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:44 pm

I just read the runaways Vol 2. It was quite good.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:45 pm

Went into work yesterday to catch up and forgot the new George Martin book there :evil: :cry:
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:46 pm

vikingbitch wrote:Went into work yesterday to catch up and forgot the new George Martin book there :evil: :cry:

Aw! are you liking it? I've never read any of his books
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:46 pm

AlaskaRachel wrote:I'm still working on "In search of Schrodinger's Cat" but I just got a bunch of mythology and folklore books so I'm considering pausing this one to start one of those...

I was just about to go post this joke in the Totally derailed thread... but now it's a semi on topic derail...

Schrodinger's cat walks into a bar... and doesn't

ps - how is Schrodinger's Cat some oddly timed correlation?!

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
  • vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Sun Jul 24, 2011 7:06 pm

KDibildox wrote:
    vikingbitch wrote:Went into work yesterday to catch up and forgot the new George Martin book there :evil: :cry:

Aw! are you liking it? I've never read any of his books

I absolutely LOVE them! Soooo good. This one is fantastic, savoring every page. I really do hope he writes the next one in LESS than five years like this one.

After I'm done I think I might read one series that is one of my favorites by Jacqueline Carey.

Has anyone else read them?

Also another on my to do list is a book series called Wild Cards, there's supposed to be about twenty of the books out right now and sounds like a fantastic series. Tons of writers have collaborated on it and write different things, George RR Martin has full control over the editing and creates characters of his own. Looks really good, will probably check at the library by my place first as I'm sure they would be a hell of a pretty penny for the lot of them :shock:
Post Reply 880 posts