Post Reply 4965 posts
Hockeyagi!! - 2011/2066 race for the cup!!
    mooyagi
    Captain

Re: Hockeyagi!! - 2011/2066 race for the cup!!

by mooyagi » Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:49 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:01 am
    What's yer recollection of Louis Domingue when he was in Arizona? I know his numbers weren't too hot during his stint there but was it just his play or was the team a bit soft on D at the time? He seems to have been quite strong when he was with Tampa
    He was a capable backup for the Coyotes, with stretches of very good and very bad play. Trouble came if he had to play too many games, which was a given with Mike Smith's injury history. He was really bad by the end of his time in Arizona. Those Coyotes teams were not very good. They actually overachieved given the rosters. Seemed like he was a bit of a hothead but I haven't followed his career much since he moved on other than noticing him bouncing between the NHL and AHL.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Thu Feb 27, 2020 4:22 am

mooyagi wrote:
    Wed Feb 26, 2020 8:49 am
    ShoreSlayer wrote:
    Wed Feb 26, 2020 2:01 am
    What's yer recollection of Louis Domingue when he was in Arizona? I know his numbers weren't too hot during his stint there but was it just his play or was the team a bit soft on D at the time? He seems to have been quite strong when he was with Tampa
    He was a capable backup for the Coyotes, with stretches of very good and very bad play. Trouble came if he had to play too many games, which was a given with Mike Smith's injury history. He was really bad by the end of his time in Arizona. Those Coyotes teams were not very good. They actually overachieved given the rosters. Seemed like he was a bit of a hothead but I haven't followed his career much since he moved on other than noticing him bouncing between the NHL and AHL.
    Thanks man. Sounds pretty much like what I'd gathered from the mixed reviews that have followed him here and his numbers. Apparently he's matured out of some of the emotional antics so we're hopeful he'll improve under the tutelage of Ian Clark here much like other goalies have of late.

Very happy that Demko had a strong outing and got the OT W in Mtl on his first game following Markstrom's injury. Our decent year could go South in a hurry if he folded under the pressure and Markstrom didn't return quickly. We've been chatting up here all year about the wonderful problem of having 2 great goalies and speculating on how Bennning's gonna deal with that in the off season but this is the exact scenario that justifies it so long as Demko can continue his strong backup play in the starter role. Pacific is a freaking dog fight so am looking forward to some great games in the stretch drive. So grateful to actually have our boys in the conversation again after a long drought :boobs:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Mar 05, 2020 7:59 pm

Just barely missed on the Zibanejad question tonight. :oops:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:04 pm

What the hell are we going to do without hockey? :belly:
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Mar 24, 2020 1:24 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    Thu Mar 12, 2020 1:04 pm
    What the hell are we going to do without hockey?
    :shred: :wank:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
Post Reply 4965 posts