Post Reply 139 posts
AMERICANS AND CANADIANS
    mooyagi
    Captain

Re: AMERICANS AND CANADIANS

by mooyagi » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:25 pm

We Americans are far superior at everything and Canada is our little lapdog :D
    I should get around to updating my signature
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:27 pm

Nicolas0928 wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:We Americans are far superior at everything and Canada is our little lapdog :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    Comments like this make me post this Thread :lol: :lol:

Nah, really, fuck America. I really want to move to Canada and absolutely loved Calgary over the weekend trip I just returned from.
  • AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:29 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    Nicolas0928 wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:We Americans are far superior at everything and Canada is our little lapdog :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    Comments like this make me post this Thread :lol: :lol:

Nah, really, fuck America. I really want to move to Canada and absolutely loved Calgary over the weekend trip I just returned from.

Yea I really want to move to Canada too.

But I could still make fun of Canada all day ;)
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:30 pm

AlaskaRachel wrote:Yea I really want to move to Canada too.

It's just so easy ain't it? ;)
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:36 pm

Nicolas0928 wrote:
    AlaskaRachel wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Nah, really, fuck America. I really want to move to Canada and absolutely loved Calgary over the weekend trip I just returned from.

Yea I really want to move to Canada too.

:lol: :lol:
    COOL !!! Because I think that Canada is a great country :D
    Just 16 days and I visit CANADA :D :D :D

Cool what part of Canada?
    Canadian's make fun of America because their economy is beyond repair and American's make fun of Canada because our biggest mall once had more submarines then our entire navy (true fact).
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:37 pm

Seriously, just look at them!

They're just ASKING for us to make fun of them!
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:38 pm

I think it's kind of one of those love/hate things.

Generally, we're pretty good and friendly neighbours but, for the most part, both tend to take some kind of satisfaction in their differences and like to rub one anothers' noses in it.

Canadians seem to take pride in their less power hungry persona on the world stage while the Americans seem to take pride in their power and riches.

In a more important way though, I think it's just a larger scale example of typical "accident of birth" geographical pride posturing.

I don't know about where all of you live but here it's like, one community in the city thinks it's better than another for various reasons and then one city thinks it's better than another city for other reasons then one province better than another etc, etc. I'm sure that, if we were ever to have intergalactic relations with beings from other planets, the same thing will play out there as well. Truth of the matter is (my truth anyways), there's pros and cons to every age/race/gender/geographical residence/job/social standing/ad infinitum/nauseum but ppl in general just often like to elevate themselves (make themselves feel better) by putting others down somehow. Sort of part of that survival of the fittest hardwired psyche we're all cursed/blessed with :lol:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:40 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:Canadians seem to take pride in their less power hungry persona on the world stage while the Americans seem to take pride in their power and riches.

I completely agree with this.
    /letmeinyourcountry!
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:41 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:I think it's kind of one of those love/hate things.

Generally, we're pretty good and friendly neighbours but, for the most part, both tend to take some kind of satisfaction in their differences and like to rub one anothers' noses in it.

Canadians seem to take pride in their less power hungry persona on the world stage while the Americans seem to take pride in their power and riches.

In a more important way though, I think it's just a larger scale example of typical "accident of birth" geographical pride posturing.

I don't know about where all of you live but here it's like, one community in the city thinks it's better than another for various reasons and then one city thinks it's better than another city for other reasons then one province better than another etc, etc. I'm sure that, if we were ever to have intergalactic relations with beings from other planets, the same thing will play out there as well. Truth of the matter is (my truth anyways), there's pros and cons to every age/race/gender/geographical residence/job/social standing/ad infinitum/nauseum but ppl in general just often like to elevate themselves (make themselves feel better) by putting others down somehow. Sort of part of that survival of the fittest hardwired psyche we're all cursed/blessed with :lol:

You mean like how the flames have won more cups then the canucks?

...I'm sorry I shouldn't have gone there. I retract my statement.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:41 pm

AlaskaRachel wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:Canadians seem to take pride in their less power hungry persona on the world stage while the Americans seem to take pride in their power and riches.

/letmeinyourcountry!

Marlo! Go.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:42 pm

Now,,, now.... rachel......

I'm armed better than our military... :D
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:44 pm

Stained Class wrote:You mean like how the flames have won more cups then the canucks?

:lol: :lol: :lol: Stereotypes

You all love your hockey
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:45 pm

Nicolas0928 wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:Cool what part of Canada?

MONTREAL !!!

That's Quebec, not Canada :cool:
  • AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:47 pm

AlaskaRachel wrote:

/letmeinyourcountry!

Oh yea, quoting myself. It's happening.

I love being in Alaska, but I'm not a fan of being in America. If Alaska ever declares independence, I'll never leave the state. But as long as AK is part of the USA, I'm not too stoked about living here. And Canada isn't the the only country I want to run away to, there are quite a few countries in Europe that catch my eye. Specifically the ones with blond, long-haired men :mrgreen:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:47 pm

AlaskaRachel wrote:
    AlaskaRachel wrote:

/letmeinyourcountry!

Oh yea, quoting myself. It's happening.

I love being in Alaska, but I'm not a fan of being in America. If Alaska ever declares independence, I'll never leave the state. But as long as AK is part of the USA, I'm not too stoked about living here. And Canada isn't the the only country I want to run away to, there are quite a few countries in Europe that catch my eye. Specifically the ones with blond, long-haired men :mrgreen:

Other countries have rape laws too :cool:
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:48 pm

Blame Canada! eh!
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:48 pm

Nicolas0928 wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:That's Quebec, not Canada :cool:

WHAT??????
    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'll leave that one open for Marlo to rant about
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:52 pm

Stained Class wrote:

No, actually that is an awesome illustration of exactly what I'm talking about.

Seriously, why am I a Canucks fan after all? Cuz I was born here and they're our/my team. Illogical on many levels but a widely accepted thing. It's like Seinfeld says, we're not cheering for the players, we're cheering for their laundry :lol:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:57 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:

No, actually that is an awesome illustration of exactly what I'm talking about.

Seriously, why am I a Canucks fan after all? Cuz I was born here and they're our/my team. Illogical on many levels but a widely accepted thing. It's like Seinfeld says, we're not cheering for the players, we're cheering for their laundry :lol:

:lol: good point. Strange how bands change one member and it's all of a sudden not that band anymore and yet a hockey team will do a COMPLETE lineup change every 5 years and noone seems to care.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:10 pm

technically speaking, Canadians ARE Americans... so are Mexicans... and Brazilians, Peruvians, etc...
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CemeterySkyline-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-Souldrainer-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-Stortregn-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:20 pm

Whoa Rachel, who's that super sexy looking band that you posted amongst the other flapheads?

Though I was born and (mostly) raised in Canada, my mom and her family were all born in the states and grew up there. Thus, I have spent quite a bit of time down in various places in the states. Naturally, there are pros and cons to each country (and it's hard to generalize these two massive countries into a sort of prime example), but I think the main difference (in my experience) is the attitude.
    The generalized american attitude is based strongly in patriotism and a strong belief that the 'american way' is right.
    Canada has a sort of 'snobbish' attitude where we look down our noses at america and scoff at their mistakes (Though we have many, many shining examples of things wrong with us..)

Either way, I love being a canadian and living here, although our more 'relaxed' attitude comes of as indifference sometimes.
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:26 am

mooyagi wrote:
    AlaskaRachel wrote:

Then Rachel be careful with your planning, we don't want you to get caught :lol:
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:29 am

I guess neighbouring countries always hate each other for one reason or another :lol:
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
  • AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:52 am

MadameLePink wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:
    AlaskaRachel wrote:

Then Rachel be careful with your planning, we don't want you to get caught :lol:

Oh I won't get caught ;)

MadameLePink wrote:I guess neighbouring countries always hate each other for one reason or another :lol:

I would compare it to sibling rivalry. That whole love/hate thing.
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:58 am

AlaskaRachel wrote:Oh I won't get caught ;)

Good, as I don't know if I could get you out of jail :mrgreen:

AlaskaRachel wrote:
    MadameLePink wrote:I guess neighbouring countries always hate each other for one reason or another :lol:

I would compare it to sibling rivalry. That whole love/hate thing.

Exactly :) Like the Danes always insult the Swedes (because they are better looking and more famous in the world :lol: ), but when they are abroad they defend them if anyone tries to insult them :lol:

Beer and bananas!
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:06 am

gnoff wrote:
    MadameLePink wrote:Exactly :) Like the Danes always insult the Swedes

The Danes, Finns and Norweigans all hate us :cry:

They are just envious ;)

Beer and bananas!
  • AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:11 am

MadameLePink wrote:
    AlaskaRachel wrote:Oh I won't get caught ;)

Good, as I don't know if I could get you out of jail :mrgreen:

If I ever end up in jail, I probably deserve to be there :lol:

gnoff wrote:
    MadameLePink wrote:Exactly :) Like the Danes always insult the Swedes

The Danes, Finns and Norweigans all hate us :cry:

Its ok, we like you :D :cheers:
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:10 am

A friend of mine described the difference before as Canada being like America with less guns :lol:
  • EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:25 am

I've never really experienced a problem with Canadians, and I used to visit a lot. But then again, I'm not American. I'm Texan. :headbanger:
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:35 am

:heavydrink: Canada is our idiot kid brother. We don't hate them, we just find it hard to take them seriously. And they procuce tons of shitty death metal and Blackguard.

But it's always fun to smack them in the back of the head whenever you feel the need to and not have to worry about any reprecussions. Image
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:35 am

Metalwrath wrote:A friend of mine described the difference before as Canada being like America with less guns :lol:

they have MORE guns, but the people are nice and civil and don't kill each other with them. Damn pussies :lol: :lol: :lol:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:33 am

I pretty much stand beside all of you in this, but I still think it's hilarious that last night everyone was all, "USA! USA!" and now that the 4th of July is over we've gone back to, "Yeah! Fuck America!"
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:14 am

EvilDan wrote:I've never really experienced a problem with Canadians, and I used to visit a lot. But then again, I'm not American. I'm Texan. :headbanger:

Good point :lol: How can we compare the two countries when the people in the US don't even get along? The north hates the south. The coasts hate middle america, the northeast hates everything and everyone hates Texas :cool:
    Element0s
    Midshipman

by Element0s » Tue Jul 05, 2011 8:28 am

AlaskaRachel wrote:Seriously, just look at them!
    [pictures]

Okay you are really funny, you have permission to move to Edmonton and teach me the required gymnastics to stow away in your suitcase
    SAMANDRIEL:
    Female-Fronted Melodic Power Metal

GATEKEEPER:
    Epic Heavy/Doom Metal
  • AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:12 am

Element0s wrote:
    AlaskaRachel wrote:Seriously, just look at them!
    [pictures]

Okay you are really funny, you have permission to move to Edmonton and teach me the required gymnastics to stow away in your suitcase

Yessssssssssssss!
  • KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:37 pm

Alaska isn't even a real part of the USA anyways. Just like Texas.

But to Canada's credit, I think when you murder children they find you guilty. All thee Floridiots can't understand basic facts and evidence.
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:42 pm

Man, the Canadian justice system is broken too, just in a different way. That whole baloney with Casey Anthony is something else though...
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Tue Jul 05, 2011 4:01 pm

KevinP wrote:Alaska isn't even a real part of the USA anyways. Just like Texas.

But to Canada's credit, I think when you murder children they find you guilty. All thee Floridiots can't understand basic facts and evidence.

I dunno about that... have you seen the documentary "Dear Zachary"? don't wanna spoil it but...
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CemeterySkyline-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-Souldrainer-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-Stortregn-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:15 pm

We feed heavily off the sterotypes that people have about us... we love it.
    We are completely inendated with American culture--we know more about your politics,entertainment,and news than our own.
    We differ in lots or areas--we are more liberal as far as stuff like personal freedoms(dope,same sex marriage,titties on TV! :beerwink: )

Religion here plays relatively zero influence on anything(more in Quebec which is very Roman Catholic)--especially gov't!! Thank GOd!! (Pun intended)

Most Americans(except for the people on the boat and forums of course) really know Sweet FA about us. We like it that way,,. makes it fun.
    Jake make some very good points about the "snobbish" attitude--I agree totally.

We have our own faults, but you guys don't know about them!

There are lots of variables and reasons--we don't hate each other. We are each others biggest trading partners and tourist visits.
    We've never lost a war,never been in invaded and our gov't formed in 1867 --between 4 territories and made Canada--over some mead or wine or something.
    People joke about our military--BUT ask anyone who has served with Canadian military personnel, they will tell you how well trained and tough we are. And we certainlly don't have the eqiupment and manpower as other nations... I'm glad we are finally leaving Afghanistan.

But I gotta say, Americans I have met in the last 5 yrs(cruise,work,travels etc) have been great and very inquisitive and dare I say, apologetic of "Americans"
    You had Dubya,Slick Willie, we had um...... Jean Chretien who chocked a protester(we all loved THAT!) and Pierre Trudeau(whose wife was fucking Mick Jagger!!) and now we have Stephen Harper.....in a passionate,crowd arousing speech on Canada Day said...... wait for it.... " Happy Canada Day to all Canadians"--Our leader!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:19 pm

Jaimie38 wrote:But I gotta say, Americans I have met in the last 5 yrs(cruise,work,travels etc) have been great and very inquisitive and dare I say, apologetic of "Americans"

I feel the need to do that everywhere I go :roll: I'm embarrassed to say I'm American when I travel because our biggest export seems to be idiocy. Of course, damn near all people in the country are not like the Americans you see on TV or in the news, but those ones are the most visible.
Post Reply 139 posts