Post Reply 1468 posts
Gamers
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

Re: Gamers

by Phoenix » Thu Aug 06, 2015 7:15 am

sageoftruth wrote:
    I heard it has a neat battle system too, where you have to take your characters' attack ranges into account to avoid having to trade blows with enemies. I've been thinking about getting this one. I just need to be sure I have the patience for this kind of strategy. My lack of success with most tactical RPGs makes me wonder about that. If it isn't too grindy, I'll probably enjoy it.

It is a LOT of fun. The variety will lessen when you start needing to kill off party members but even then you get access to the other character's abilities. I haven't gotten too far but the game isn't too challenging if you keep your wits about you. I haven't really needed to grind, but have been a little to try and get some social links.

One of the enemies might take you a couple tries to figure out (mini boss on the first floor), I only got there first try because a friend warned me of him. If you take the time to check out the character's strengths and weaknesses you'll have a good time.

I understand the aversion to tactics games though - I am VERY careful before I make any sort of move in Final Fantasy Tactics or Fire Emblem games, and some people don't have the patience for that.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:28 am

Phoenix wrote:
    sageoftruth wrote:
    I heard it has a neat battle system too, where you have to take your characters' attack ranges into account to avoid having to trade blows with enemies. I've been thinking about getting this one. I just need to be sure I have the patience for this kind of strategy. My lack of success with most tactical RPGs makes me wonder about that. If it isn't too grindy, I'll probably enjoy it.

It is a LOT of fun. The variety will lessen when you start needing to kill off party members but even then you get access to the other character's abilities. I haven't gotten too far but the game isn't too challenging if you keep your wits about you. I haven't really needed to grind, but have been a little to try and get some social links.

One of the enemies might take you a couple tries to figure out (mini boss on the first floor), I only got there first try because a friend warned me of him. If you take the time to check out the character's strengths and weaknesses you'll have a good time.

I understand the aversion to tactics games though - I am VERY careful before I make any sort of move in Final Fantasy Tactics or Fire Emblem games, and some people don't have the patience for that.

Well, now I just need to decide whether I want it on my PS3 or my Vita. Big screen and comfortable controller vs the ability to play it when I'm not home.
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:58 am

sageoftruth wrote:
    Well, now I just need to decide whether I want it on my PS3 or my Vita. Big screen and comfortable controller vs the ability to play it when I'm not home.

I'd suggest Vita I think - it's the same game with slightly more loading screens, but all I really want to do is figure out who my traitor is over lunch haha. Only problem is that, on the PS3, I discovered that you can change the move order of the characters in battle, but my friend, who has it on Vita, had no idea he could do that and never told me if he figured out how. And let me tell you, being able to change the order in which characters move is VERY useful.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    Bathory
    Oiler

by Bathory » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:06 pm

Any Heroes of the Storm Player? looking for team
    Moonsorrow_Swallow The Sun_Ghost_Wintersun_Triptykon_Opeth_Kampfar_Carcass_ADE_Deströyer 666_Evoken_Enshine_Equilibrium_Forest Silence_Taake_Månegarm_King Of Asgard_Amorphis_Dark Fortress_Kalmah_Marduk_Sear Bliss_Valkyria_Vreid_Warbringer_Ritual Day
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:23 am

Phoenix wrote:
    sageoftruth wrote:

I'd suggest Vita I think - it's the same game with slightly more loading screens, but all I really want to do is figure out who my traitor is over lunch haha. Only problem is that, on the PS3, I discovered that you can change the move order of the characters in battle, but my friend, who has it on Vita, had no idea he could do that and never told me if he figured out how. And let me tell you, being able to change the order in which characters move is VERY useful.

I'll see if I can look into it.
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:26 am

Bathory wrote:Any Heroes of the Storm Player? looking for team

Sorry. I'm more of a single player guy, unless I'm gaming on the couch with friends.
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Aug 15, 2015 9:41 am

Bathory wrote:Any Heroes of the Storm Player? looking for team

Saw promo for HotS about a month ago, downloaded Bnet and Blizz launcher, learned WoW was free to play to lvl 20 now, hooked up new laptop HD out to big screen tv, enamored by big beautiful graphics if not so much by game evolving into a bit of easy-mode, bought 3 months of subscription time, am once again addicted after 8 years clean, trying to maintain a balanced life but find myself leveling every spare minute haha :oops:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:58 am

My productivity has been pretty low lately. I recently got Metal Gear Solid 5, and at the same time, I got a new roommate who is playing the old classic, Star Control 2 and letting me make all the big decisions since he has already beaten it. Both have their own unique charm. Star Control 2 has an absurd sense of humor kind of like Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, and MGS5 is yet another very well-put-together open world game.
    I'll need to learn to put my foot down and draw a line somewhere, or I'm never going to get anything done.
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Sep 22, 2015 7:21 am

Finally got the True Ending in Lost Dimension, and finished up my Devil Survivor games. Back to Shin Megami Tensei IV, which I got stuck on after moving into the chaos ending. Hopefully I can get unstuck - it's so easy to get lost in this game.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:51 am

Phoenix wrote:Finally got the True Ending in Lost Dimension, and finished up my Devil Survivor games. Back to Shin Megami Tensei IV, which I got stuck on after moving into the chaos ending. Hopefully I can get unstuck - it's so easy to get lost in this game.

Oh crap. I forgot about Lost Dimension, and I've been mulling over what to play next, ever since I got hopelessly stuck in La-Mulana (basically Guide Dang It the video game).

Anyway, good luck. You've clearly got me beaten in the Shin Megami Tensei coverage department. I should try some of those as well. Still, I should watch myself. I've been trying to keep my gaming down to reasonable levels, ever since I started playing MGS 5. Open world-type games tend to do that to me.

So, what got you stuck? A difficult fight or were you unsure what to do next? Those games tend to be pretty easy to navigate outside of combat, right?
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Tue Sep 29, 2015 10:59 am

Just yesterday, I got "Lovers in a Dangerous Spacetime". Thankfully I now have a gamer for a roommate, because it was clearly meant to be played co-op. You play as two crew members in a heavily understaffed starship. Gameplay is pretty basic. You navigate the ship through space, shooting attackers, rescuing space bunnies, and trying not to bump into anything. However, instead of directly controlling the ship, you must control a crew member. If you want to fire on an enemy, you must rush to the gun turret and operate it. If you want to move the ship, you must rush to the steering wheel in the engine room.

Most of the challenge comes from deciding which two parts of the ship you and your partner should be operating at one time. Do you fly, while your partner fires on pursuit, or do you stand your ground and both operate gun turrets at once, or do you play more defensively and operate the shield while your partner fires on attackers? Communication between you and your partner is very important, so it makes a great co-op game.
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:15 pm

sageoftruth wrote:
    Oh crap. I forgot about Lost Dimension, and I've been mulling over what to play next, ever since I got hopelessly stuck in La-Mulana (basically Guide Dang It the video game).

Anyway, good luck. You've clearly got me beaten in the Shin Megami Tensei coverage department. I should try some of those as well. Still, I should watch myself. I've been trying to keep my gaming down to reasonable levels, ever since I started playing MGS 5. Open world-type games tend to do that to me.

So, what got you stuck? A difficult fight or were you unsure what to do next? Those games tend to be pretty easy to navigate outside of combat, right?

I play far too many Shin Megami Tensei games for my own good XD yeah, I have really bad luck with OHKO moves so I had to go and acquire some demons that were immune to those things before I could take on the boss I was stuck on. I beat that boss and got stuck AGAIN on someone that doesn't even seem remotely fair. I've had enough of grinding for a while though, so I'm going to break and play Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones for a while. More of a strategy game than a grind, I've been really enjoying the change of pace.

Uhm... sort of? They're really not friendly games for jumping back in. They don't have a map that you can just view anywhere, nor do the maps tells you what areas are if you're not already in them. I just can't remember where Shibuya is and Shinjuku and Kasumigaseki and Ikebukuro - it's confusing.

MGS V looks like a lot of fun and I'd love to play it some day... I just wish the price of games in Canada didn't recently skyrocket. I'm used to paying 60 bucks for games, 40 for handhelds - now it's 75 and 65. Uhhhh, no thanks. No more impulse buys on Atlus games for me.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Tue Sep 29, 2015 1:39 pm

Phoenix wrote:
    sageoftruth wrote:

I play far too many Shin Megami Tensei games for my own good XD yeah, I have really bad luck with OHKO moves so I had to go and acquire some demons that were immune to those things before I could take on the boss I was stuck on. I beat that boss and got stuck AGAIN on someone that doesn't even seem remotely fair. I've had enough of grinding for a while though, so I'm going to break and play Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones for a while. More of a strategy game than a grind, I've been really enjoying the change of pace.

Uhm... sort of? They're really not friendly games for jumping back in. They don't have a map that you can just view anywhere, nor do the maps tells you what areas are if you're not already in them. I just can't remember where Shibuya is and Shinjuku and Kasumigaseki and Ikebukuro - it's confusing.

MGS V looks like a lot of fun and I'd love to play it some day... I just wish the price of games in Canada didn't recently skyrocket. I'm used to paying 60 bucks for games, 40 for handhelds - now it's 75 and 65. Uhhhh, no thanks. No more impulse buys on Atlus games for me.

Do you have Steam? You could always wait for the next good Steam sale.
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:21 am

sageoftruth wrote:Do you have Steam? You could always wait for the next good Steam sale.

Yeah, that's my plan for filling out the games I want. Just sucks for buying console games, which is the only place Atlus and Intelligent Systems gets published.

I've had my eye on the newest Dynasty Warriors Empires game for a while... the Steam sale had better hit it this year.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:07 pm

Phoenix wrote:
    sageoftruth wrote:Do you have Steam? You could always wait for the next good Steam sale.

Yeah, that's my plan for filling out the games I want. Just sucks for buying console games, which is the only place Atlus and Intelligent Systems gets published.

I've had my eye on the newest Dynasty Warriors Empires game for a while... the Steam sale had better hit it this year.

Careful. I heard that Koei is terrible at making PC ports for games.
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:31 pm

sageoftruth wrote:
    Phoenix wrote:

Careful. I heard that Koei is terrible at making PC ports for games.

Oh I know they are, that's why I want to wait until a deep discount hits it :P

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • Feanorgandalf
    Chief Petty Officer

by Feanorgandalf » Sat Oct 03, 2015 9:10 am

Been playing the Phantom Pain a lot lately and I have come to 1 simple conclusion. I suck at stealth.
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Mon Oct 05, 2015 1:34 pm

Feanorgandalf wrote:Been playing the Phantom Pain a lot lately and I have come to 1 simple conclusion. I suck at stealth.

Want some pointers? What are your troubles?
  • Feanorgandalf
    Chief Petty Officer

by Feanorgandalf » Mon Oct 05, 2015 8:49 pm

sageoftruth wrote:
    Feanorgandalf wrote:Been playing the Phantom Pain a lot lately and I have come to 1 simple conclusion. I suck at stealth.

I think my problem is I have no patience. I just finished mission 6 (Honeybee) and by the time I got the objective all of Afghanistan was on my ass. Just seems like no matter what I do I always seem to miss a guard. I fulton like crazy, keep weapons suppressed, and try and mark everything I can but in the end it turns into a firefight.

Any general tips would help. been trying to focus upgrades on sniper rifle, fulton, and tranq gun. I don't have quiet yet and DD isn't big enough to help
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:54 am

Feanorgandalf wrote:
    sageoftruth wrote:

I think my problem is I have no patience. I just finished mission 6 (Honeybee) and by the time I got the objective all of Afghanistan was on my ass. Just seems like no matter what I do I always seem to miss a guard. I fulton like crazy, keep weapons suppressed, and try and mark everything I can but in the end it turns into a firefight.

Any general tips would help. been trying to focus upgrades on sniper rifle, fulton, and tranq gun. I don't have quiet yet and DD isn't big enough to help

I haven't played it myself yet but I've seen a lot of it played and know stealth games in general - patience is a virtue. Gather as much intel from a distance as you can before moving in. Interrogate everyone before you Fulton them - knock them out, kick them to wake them up, point your gun at them, and when they're done talking knock them out again and Fulton them. They usually give you useful info.

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:12 am

Feanorgandalf wrote:
    sageoftruth wrote:

Until you get DD (who is a huge help by the way) the best substitute is the sonar for your bionic arm. Once you get the upgrade, if you use that in conjunction with marking it will vastly improve your ability to keep tabs on where everyone is.

Also, there are some useful stealth tricks I picked up later. For instance, did you know that you can corner grab? If you can find a spot where no one is looking and hide behind it, press against the wall (move towards the wall until Snake puts his hand on it) and move towards the edge of it. While you're pressed up to the wall, you cannot move past it, so you don't need to worry about accidentally running out into the open. Now, if you make a noise by knocking or throwing an empty magazine, you can lure guards over to your position and grab them before they've even walked around the corner. It has its own animation too.

Also, try and get decoys as soon as you can. They're great when you feel that all points of entry to a base are being watched. Plus, the enemy reaction to them is pretty funny.

As a more general tip, try to use cover as much as possible, instead of relying on camouflage. Camouflage is a necessary element of the game's stealth, but you have far more flexibility when you don't need to be lying on your belly to stay hidden, so seek cover whenever you can find it, and try to lure enemies to it.

Also remember that this game is pretty forgiving when it comes to making stealth mistakes. If you feel that stealth isn't your preferred style of play, the game does give you the tools to use other methods, or some interesting hybrid of the two. It's actually encouraged to some extent, since the enemies tend to adapt to your style of play, by donning gear that works best against your methods.
  • Feanorgandalf
    Chief Petty Officer

by Feanorgandalf » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:38 am

Hmm never thought of the sonar. Looks like a cheap upgrade too. Also wondering is there a way to carry spare suppressors. Seems like I run out and have to call in a supply drop
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:42 am

Feanorgandalf wrote:Hmm never thought of the sonar. Looks like a cheap upgrade too. Also wondering is there a way to carry spare suppressors. Seems like I run out and have to call in a supply drop

So far, I haven't seen a way. Apparently, later guns have suppressors that are twice or three times as durable. Also, you replenish your suppressor every time you call for an ammo drop.
  • Feanorgandalf
    Chief Petty Officer

by Feanorgandalf » Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:55 am

Thanks for the help. Another question. If i move a bunch of guys around at my base in order to research a new upgrade then move them back, will that upgrade still be available after i know it?
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:36 am

Feanorgandalf wrote:Thanks for the help. Another question. If i move a bunch of guys around at my base in order to research a new upgrade then move them back, will that upgrade still be available after i know it?

Yep. I've tried that. I micromanaged my guys to bump up my R &D and when I began development of the weapons I wanted, I reverted back to how it was before and the development still continued.
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:41 am

Woo hoo! I just found a new perk to playing MGS 5. I get to beat up children! :D :D :D

I'll keep the context secret to avoid spoiler territory, but how many games are there that let you do that? Granted, you can't go lethal, but my style is usually non-lethal anyway. Nothing like doing a brutal chain takedown on a pair of tykes with guns. The funny thing is, you're not allowed to grab them, but you can throw them or punch them out. Strange mix of priorities.
  • Feanorgandalf
    Chief Petty Officer

by Feanorgandalf » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:18 am

Thanks a ton. Got some research done and suddenly the game is becoming way easier. Just got DD grown up so that's a help, and I just finished the mission to get Quiet (cheesed it obviously). Now y only issue is Assassins Creed is out on Friday, Fallout 4 is November 10 and Starcraft 2: Legacy of the Void is also November 10. I need to devote some serious time to MGSV
  • Feanorgandalf
    Chief Petty Officer

by Feanorgandalf » Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:40 pm

Just finished Mission 12 and it looks like i'm heading to the child soldiers soon as well. But DAMN! that mission 12 was crazy. my heart was racing the whole time i was carrying the guy while avoiding the metal gear. Only Metal Gear can make you feel helpless and powerful at the same time.
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:01 am

Feanorgandalf wrote:Just finished Mission 12 and it looks like i'm heading to the child soldiers soon as well. But DAMN! that mission 12 was crazy. my heart was racing the whole time i was carrying the guy while avoiding the metal gear. Only Metal Gear can make you feel helpless and powerful at the same time.

That can be pretty intense. You've still got a ways to go before the child soldiers part, but at least you can get a good taste of the new African open world beforehand.
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Wed Nov 25, 2015 6:48 am

So, has anyone played Fallout 4 yet? I'm still trying to decide if it's worth getting. Either way, I probably won't be getting it until after the patch, but I'd like to know what I'm currently missing.
  • Feanorgandalf
    Chief Petty Officer

by Feanorgandalf » Wed Nov 25, 2015 9:46 pm

sageoftruth wrote:So, has anyone played Fallout 4 yet? I'm still trying to decide if it's worth getting. Either way, I probably won't be getting it until after the patch, but I'd like to know what I'm currently missing.

If you have played the other fallouts or elder scrolls games it's more of the same. Power armor is no longer a perk which is nice and the new perk trees are interesting. still undecided if i like them or not. I think my biggest criticism is it feels like mods are necessary as well as the god mode toggle in order to make interesting settlements. the limit is just too low and the amount of material to supplement settlements of that size is a lot of effort to obtain. Companions can be a bit derpy but that carries over from New Vegas. The humor is all there, the lines aren't as black and white as in previous games as to who are the true heroes and villains which is nice. If you do get it PC is the way to go until we see whats coming for console mods. The mod creator tools aren't even out yet and the modders are doing some amazing and humorous things (like turning mini nukes into babies).

In terms of game releases this year it's a top 3 contender for me. Tied with Bloodborne. MGSV takes a solid second but Witcher 3 is pure perfection.
  • EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:46 pm

A new (I think) barcade opened up near where I used to live and still visit often (Richardson, TX). $10, all you can play of all the greatest old school games. Pac-man, Galaga, Donkey Kong, Centipede, Space Invaders, Asteroids, Joust, Defender, Mortal Kombat II, Area 51, Pole Position, Tempest, House of the Dead, Burger Time, Dig Dug, Star Wars (the green wire one where you battle tie fighters and blow up the Death Star), many of the variants of the most popular series, and the list goes on. Plus, they swap in some different games every couple of months.

Add in some craft beers, and I had so much fucking fun there. I forgot how brutally hard some of the games are, but I'm glad I didn't have to lug around a bunch of quarters. I'm shocked that I basically remember the pattern I used in Pac-Man. I broke a couple of blood vessels in my hands, somehow tore off one of my nails, and my hands were sore for days.
    :wank:
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
  • MrCaptainMetal
    Oiler

by MrCaptainMetal » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:27 am

Hey guys, you can add me on Xbox live, MrCaptainMetal. I've been playing Halo 5 and Star Wars Battlefront a lot lately.
  • Phoenix
    Lieutenant

by Phoenix » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:31 am

Figured I'd post an update here. Done a lot of gaming recently.

Bought myself a Vita and Persona 4 Golden, blitzed all the way through that. Great game. Can't wait for Persona 5 (hopefully) later this year. Fire Emblem Fates just came out and my copy has finally arrived - I'll be playing that until Bravely Second hits, I'd wager. Also have Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix on the go, and Final Fantasy VIII.

Have I told you I like JRPGs?

Survivor:
    Out for 2023
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun May 01, 2016 5:42 pm

Anyone else playing DARK SOULS 3?

Absolutely loving it - every bit as intense, atmospheric, stressful and creepy as the previous games in the series.

Little bit sad it will be the last of the series, but also excited to think about what these guys will put their talents towards next.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • KillianSmith
    Wiper

by KillianSmith » Thu Sep 30, 2021 11:34 pm

I like Dark Souls very much, but it is really hard game :) Anyway all rpg nowadays is hard but so interesting :death:
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed Nov 03, 2021 1:53 pm

Thinking of playing Diablo 2 Resurrected but not fully convinced
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
    Yippee38
    Petty Officer

by Yippee38 » Sun Sep 18, 2022 8:08 am

Has anybody tried Metal Hellsinger?

I picked it up. I figured how bad could a metal music rhythm game be? Turns out, it's actually pretty fun, and challenging (to me, at least) on higher difficulties. The music's not bad for what it has to be.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:39 am

Haven't gamed in so long, but I hope Metal Hellsinger is a harbinger of a rebirth of the music rhythm genre :)

Loved the shit out of Rock Band, Guitar Hero etc and now that the dust has settled on the insanity of the period whereby we all ended up with a room full of plastic guitars, drums, mikes etc, its time to welcome a new era I hope :D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Halestorm?-/-Fleshgod-Apocalypse-/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
    cegr80
    Lieutenant

by cegr80 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 1:03 pm

Started playing Diablo 3 again after some years. Currently having fun with a hardcore witch doctor
    2017.2018.2019.2020.2023.2024.GOLD.Survivor|2025 Wishlist:1349-1914-Aephanemer-Akercoke-Alcest-Alkaloid-AnaalNathrakh-AnAbstractIllusion-Atvm-Avatar-Avslut-Be'lakor-Belzebubs-ChapelOfDisease-Chthonic-Darkthrone-DiabloSwingOrchestra-Dimmu Borgir-Dodheimsgard-Draconian-EternalTearsOfSorrow-FreakKitchen-Hamferd-IATT-LochVostok-Marduk-NocnyKochanek-Satyricon-Schammasch-Scour-Shining(Nor)-Sigh-SulphurAeon-Turisas-Ulver-Virvum-Watain-WhiteWard
Post Reply 1468 posts