Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:17 am

Pensacola, Florida

Re: THE HOBBIT!!

by Badgerbomb300 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:38 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:
jodionline wrote:first 3 parts

:?

That gave me bit of a laugh :lol:
Wishlist: Chthonic,Bifröst,Hamatom,HeavenShallBurn,Hirax,HolyGrail,Hypocrisy,IgnisFatuu,
LegionOfTheDamned,Mokoma,Powerwolf,Schelmish,Suidakra,TenggerCavalry,UnleashTheArchers

UMC 2012,B12,13,14,15,16,17
User

mooyagi

Rank

Captain

Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm

Tucson, AZ, USA

by mooyagi » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:52 am

Going to see it tomorrow night :death:
I should get around to updating my signature
User

doomguy

Rank

Sub-Lieutenant

Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:14 pm

London, England.

by doomguy » Thu Dec 27, 2012 2:39 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:

I think Jodi meant The Lord of the Rings trilogy.

And that scene you're talking about, when they're singing Misty Mountains Cold? Was a beautiful scene I thought, but also quite ominous in a way.
2012: 2093
2015: 8671
2016: 7515

2019 Wishlist:
AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
User

DrinkMoxie

Rank

Commander

Tue May 24, 2011 8:31 pm

McKees Rocks, PA

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:59 pm

Conrad wrote:The Bastards have landed!

Still impressed that it hasn't derailed fully. The only other thread I can remember not being derailed at all was the sandwich thread :lol: That's a great accomplishment.

Back on topic: Air New Zealand show a Hobbit themed safety video on all flights. I'm pretty sure not many people take much notice of the boring airline safety videos, but Air Middle Earth make it interesting and worth watching. Here it is if you haven't seen it, enjoy:

An Unexpected Briefing

amazing!
Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-TenggerCavalry-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
cabin 9560 (2014)
cabin 8671 (2015)
cabin 7313 (2017)
cabin 6525 (2018)
User

jodionline

Rank

Ensign

Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:07 am

Oberfranken, Germany

by jodionline » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:28 am

Conrad wrote:
ShoreSlayer wrote:

I think Jodi meant The Lord of the Rings trilogy.

And that scene you're talking about, when they're singing Misty Mountains Cold? Was a beautiful scene I thought, but also quite ominous in a way.

That's right.
Metal is forever! Peace for all - Fuck fanatics.

Please bring Undertow on board!
User

TOM CRUISE

Rank

Lieutenant-Commander

Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:55 pm

Everett, WA USA

by TOM CRUISE » Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:10 am

I am watching Alien (1979) on BluRay and forgot Ian Holm (Bilbo Baggins) is in it. He is so young here.
70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018 -CABIN 7386- Barge to hell -2012
User

last_candle

Rank

Lieutenant-Commander

Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:52 pm

switzerland

by last_candle » Sun Dec 30, 2012 5:39 am

TOM CRUISE wrote:I am watching Alien (1979) on BluRay and forgot Ian Holm (Bilbo Baggins) is in it. He is so young here.

did not know that - one reason to finally watch Alien :D
wishlist '17:
Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Heavens Gate - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Running wild - Satan - Skyclad - Sonata Arctica - Steel Attack - Threshold - Unisonic - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
no avatar
User

SatansWrath

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:37 pm

Helsingborg Sweden

by SatansWrath » Sun Dec 30, 2012 6:54 am

ShoreSlayer wrote:Just learned that it's being done in 3 parts.

Will likely boycott it based no that. Total bullshit money grab. LOTR was WAY too long and drawn out but at least it could be justified as it was based on 3 books.

I swore if I had to sit through one more weepy-eyed, homoerotic hobbit scene before I died, I'd walk right up and start tearing holes in the movie screen so I guess I'd best take a pass on this :evil:

Too bad cuz I was actually looking forward to a great story being told in a single sitting.

Hahaha best one so far =)
http://parethardrock.se/

Pissed of whishlist for the cruises:
Turisas, Behemoth, Dimmu Borgir, Dalriada, Motorhead, Vader, Arch Enemy, Abinchova, Northland, Sear Bliss, Watain, Slayer, Raubtier, Immortal, Xandria, Fear Factory, Rammstein, Running Wild
User

Blumpkin

Rank

Petty Officer

Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:24 am

Yugoslavia

by Blumpkin » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:21 pm

Saw it. Awesome movie! Are they gonna do one or two more parts, and what are the titles/subtitles of it/them (like this one was "An Unexpected Journey")?
User

doomguy

Rank

Sub-Lieutenant

London, England.

by doomguy » Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:26 pm

Blumpkin wrote:Saw it. Awesome movie! Are they gonna do one or two more parts, and what are the titles/subtitles of it/them (like this one was "An Unexpected Journey")?

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug is the second one. The Hobbit: There and Back Again will be part 3.

2019 Wishlist:
AHAB-Alcest-AbigailWilliams-AlienWeaponry-Borknagar-ClaudioSimonetti'sGoblin-Damnation'sDay-DavidMaximMicic-DiabloSwingOrchestra-MournfulCongregation-Om-ProphetsOfRage-Sevendust-Silvertomb-SleepTerror-SunnO)))-TheContortionist-VanCanto
User

mooyagi

Rank

Captain

Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm

Tucson, AZ, USA

by mooyagi » Mon Dec 31, 2012 7:59 pm

mooyagi wrote:Going to see it tomorrow night :death:

Sooooo we never got around to seeing it :oops: Hopefully we'll see it before long!
I should get around to updating my signature
User

Blumpkin

Rank

Petty Officer

Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:24 am

Yugoslavia

by Blumpkin » Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:56 pm

Conrad wrote:
Blumpkin wrote:Saw it. Awesome movie! Are they gonna do one or two more parts, and what are the titles/subtitles of it/them (like this one was "An Unexpected Journey")?

The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug is the second one. The Hobbit: There and Back Again will be part 3.

Hooray! :boobs:
User

doomguy

Rank

Sub-Lieutenant

London, England.

by doomguy » Sat Jan 05, 2013 3:39 pm

A friend of mine playing the song from The Hobbit, "Misty Mountains Cold" on guitar.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CmhtB8nTd8c

2019 Wishlist:
User

X-Thor

Rank

Lieutenant

Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:11 am

Mexico City, Mexico

by X-Thor » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:00 pm

I just saw it for the fourth time... DUBBED IN SPANISH. It wasn't as terrible as I thought (Mexican dubs tend to only be good in kid's movies).
70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
--
Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
User

doomguy

Rank

Sub-Lieutenant

London, England.

by doomguy » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:20 pm

I've only seen it once, and that is enough for me. I'm not fanatical enough to pay so much to see it again in the cinema, I'll wait for it to come on DVD to see it again. Spanish over dubs does sound like it would be terrible, the only movies I enjoy with over dubs are the old-school martial arts films :lol:

2019 Wishlist:
User

doomguy

Rank

Sub-Lieutenant

London, England.

by doomguy » Sat Jan 05, 2013 11:21 pm

Blumpkin wrote:
Conrad wrote:

Hooray! :boobs:

I'm especially looking forward to The Desolation of Smaug!

2019 Wishlist:
User

STACH100

Rank

Sub-Lieutenant

Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:46 pm

by STACH100 » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:40 am

Saw it in 2d and 3D Imax!
Great either way.
2011 6084
2012 9560
2013 9574
2014 TBA
User

ShoreSlayer

Rank

Captain

Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:56 pm

Vancouver, BC

by ShoreSlayer » Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:38 pm

CONRAD!!!! Just for you my friend ;)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3zHgHaoVko

Hopefully you see it before it gets taken down as all SNL content usually does
So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
:shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:
User

doomguy

Rank

Sub-Lieutenant

London, England.

by doomguy » Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:44 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:CONRAD!!!! Just for you my friend ;)

I saw it :lol:

2019 Wishlist:
User

DrinkMoxie

Rank

Commander

McKees Rocks, PA

by DrinkMoxie » Sun Jan 20, 2013 7:40 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:CONRAD!!!! Just for you my friend ;)

I would TOTALLY watch Sauron: Dead And Loving It!!!
Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-TenggerCavalry-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
cabin 9560 (2014)
cabin 8671 (2015)
cabin 7313 (2017)
cabin 6525 (2018)
User

KDibildeaux

Rank

Captain

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:07 pm

Tucson, AZ

by KDibildeaux » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:47 am

That was really funny :lol:
La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
User

doomguy

Rank

Sub-Lieutenant

London, England.

by doomguy » Mon Jan 21, 2013 8:13 pm

2019 Wishlist:
User

ShoreSlayer

Rank

Captain

Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:56 pm

Vancouver, BC

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Jan 28, 2013 3:44 pm

Not suggesting I fully support one side or the other but just thought some following this thread might find it to be an interesting read :cheers:

http://www.reddit.com/r/tolkienfans/comments/17f8ew/if_christopher_tolkien_hates_the_movies_so_much/c84yat9
So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
:shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:
User

DrinkMoxie

Rank

Commander

McKees Rocks, PA

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Dec 15, 2014 8:51 pm

just watched the entire trilogy in one marathon (about 8 1/2 hours) and I'm thoroughly pleased... it was such a great time! Plus the theater gave me 2 free passes for future movies because of audio glitches during the first 2 movies... I didn't even care because I'd already seen them, and the glitch during Desolation Of Smaug was actually really amusing... now I'm gonna settle in and watch the LotR trilogy :D

cabin 3013 (2012)
cabin 9560 (2014)
cabin 8671 (2015)
cabin 7313 (2017)
cabin 6525 (2018)
User

CountArioch

Rank

Petty Officer

Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:37 am

by CountArioch » Tue Dec 16, 2014 1:30 am

I'm looking forward to seeing the third one next saturday. Now, I compare the Hobbit movies to the Star Wars Prequel Trilogy (in that no one is telling Pete Jackson he can't so shit so everything is getting slopped out without any outside critique. I agree with Maddox that the most damaging thing you can say to someone is "Good Job"), but I will see it.

Chris Tolkein is a sue-happy pigfucker. If he wanted any credibility about his father's work, he shouldn't have put out the Silmarillion AT ALL, and shouldn't have sued everyone who even thought of using Tolkein's work. The man wrote it with the intention that it would be retold like any other myth, "The Last Ringbearer" can't be legally printed in English and I'm not allowed to have Hobbits in D&D MY ASS.

Personally, knowing that the Hobbit pisses him off makes me want to buy tickets twice out of spite.
User

CaptOblivious

Rank

Ensign

Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:41 pm

Westbank B.C. Canada

by CaptOblivious » Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:48 am

going Saturday with a group of friends
You can't have slaughter without laughter
2012-cabin # 4519
2012-BtH cabin# 2563
2013-cabin # 3015
2014-cabin # 2515
2015-cabin # 8659
Merch Whore .... you name it at a show ill try to buy it >.>
Hockeyagi 2013 champ
User

Mr.Kito

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Wed Dec 11, 2013 8:18 am

São Paulo, Brasil

by Mr.Kito » Tue Dec 16, 2014 7:10 am

This trilogy was magic.. the Middle-Earth is so awesome :cry:
2019.: Accept-Adrenaline.Mob-After.Forever-Alestorm-Almah-Amorphis-Angra-Aneurose-Annihilator-Cradle.Of.Filth-Children.Of.Bodom-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-DSO-Dimmu.Borgir-Doro-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi.RoS.Tour-Eluveitie-Evergrey-Final.Disaster-Gloryhammer-Gotthard-Grand.Magus-HellArise-In.Flames-Jinjer-Kreator-Kontrust-Mors.Principium.Est-Nevermore-Nervosa-Nightwish-Overkill-Operation:Mindcrime-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Queensryche-Rammstein-Sabaton-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Shaman-Soilwork-Subway.To.Sally-Susperia-Swashbuckle-Tarot-Testament-TriOsphere-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas
2013-Survivor
2014-Survivor
2015-Survivor
2016- :(
2017- :(
2018-Survivor
2019-Soon
User

gundiesalvo

Rank

Petty Officer

Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:25 pm

Playa del Carmen, Mexico

by gundiesalvo » Tue Dec 16, 2014 9:18 am

I enjoyed it, even though it wildly difers from my memory of the book (they did make up the whole third movie, didn't they?). I wish this would mean that they'd do trilogy remakes of each of the 3 LotR books. Please gimme 9 more movies!!! I give you permission to make shit up again.
70000 Tons 2015 Cabin 2604
70000 Tons 2016 ?
Wishlist:to-be-filled-in-later
User

doomguy

Rank

Sub-Lieutenant

London, England.

by doomguy » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:42 am

gundiesalvo wrote:I enjoyed it, even though it wildly difers from my memory of the book (they did make up the whole third movie, didn't they?).

:lol: Sounds like your memory is a bit hazy. The film could be exactly like the book and you wouldn't know.

Anyway, I enjoyed it. Most enjoyable of the 3 for me. I'm waiting to see the entire series in one sitting. A mega marathon! I asked my favourite cinema in London about it, and they said they'll do it next Christmas.

2019 Wishlist:
User

CaptOblivious

Rank

Ensign

Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:41 pm

Westbank B.C. Canada

by CaptOblivious » Wed Dec 17, 2014 3:48 pm

Conrad wrote:
gundiesalvo wrote:I enjoyed it, even though it wildly difers from my memory of the book (they did make up the whole third movie, didn't they?).

:lol: Sounds like your memory is a bit hazy. The film could be exactly like the book and you wouldn't know.

Anyway, I enjoyed it. Most enjoyable of the 3 for me. I'm waiting to see the entire series in one sitting. A mega marathon! I asked my favourite cinema in London about it, and they said they'll do it next Christmas.

i would totally fly to london to do a mega marathon in theaters :shock:
You can't have slaughter without laughter
2012-cabin # 4519
2012-BtH cabin# 2563
2013-cabin # 3015
2014-cabin # 2515
2015-cabin # 8659
Merch Whore .... you name it at a show ill try to buy it >.>
Hockeyagi 2013 champ
User

DrinkMoxie

Rank

Commander

McKees Rocks, PA

by DrinkMoxie » Wed Dec 17, 2014 5:39 pm

Conrad wrote:

I'm in

cabin 3013 (2012)
cabin 9560 (2014)
cabin 8671 (2015)
cabin 7313 (2017)
cabin 6525 (2018)
User

doomguy

Rank

Sub-Lieutenant

London, England.

by doomguy » Thu Dec 18, 2014 3:16 am

CaptOblivious wrote:i would totally fly to london to do a mega marathon in theaters :shock:

I doubt the cinema chains would do it, the cinema I go to is independent and they do a lot of cool things like that. They have a LOTR marathon every year, they're doing it again on Jan 31st but I'll miss it because I'm flying back to the UK that weekend.

2019 Wishlist:
User

CountArioch

Rank

Petty Officer

by CountArioch » Fri Dec 19, 2014 1:57 am

Some advice for watching the Hobbit 3:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BDi3rkBV7s
User

Goddess of Metal

Rank

Sub-Lieutenant

Fri May 14, 2010 12:58 am

San Diego, California

by Goddess of Metal » Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:19 pm

Saw The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies today. Loved it! More advice. Bring kleenex. :lol:
A.K.A Margie Metalho

2018 - Deck 6
2017 - Deck 6
2016 - Deck 6
2015 - Deck 7
2014 - Deck 2
2013 - Deck 2
2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
2012 - Deck 2
2011 - Deck.3

Wishlist:
Abbath-/-Allen–Lande-/-Alestorm-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Ancient.Bards-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Axenstar-/-Battle.Beast-/-Black.Fate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Borknagar-/-Cain’s.Offering-/-Dark.Moor-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dream.Evil-/-Edguy-/-Ex.Deo-/-Fairyland-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Freak.Kitchen-/-Ghost-/-Gloryhammer-/-Grailknights-/-Gwydion-/-Heidevolk-/-Impellitteri-/-Ihsahn-/-In.Extremo-/-Inglorious-/-Juvaliant-/-Kissin.Dynamite-/-Kotipelto-/-Lord-/-Marillion-/-Masterplan-/-Mayan-/-Metsatöll-/-Mob.Rules-/-Myrath-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nightingale-/-Opeth-/-Pagan’s.Mind-/-Pain.of.Salvation-/-Persefone-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Primal.Fear-/-Rhapsody-/-Rhapsody.of.Fire-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Running.Wild-/-Saint.Deamon-/Samael-/-Savatage-/-SepticFlesh-/-Stratovarius-/-Sunburst-/-Symphony.X-/-The.Gentle.Storm-/-Threshold-/-Vintersorg-/-Vision.Divine-/-Voyager-/-Warlord-/-Wintersun-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Zebra-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-
User

Feanorgandalf

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:10 pm

Calgary, Alberta

by Feanorgandalf » Sat Dec 20, 2014 12:24 pm

Goddess of Metal wrote:Saw The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies today. Loved it! More advice. Bring kleenex. :lol:

Didn't Peewee Herman get in trouble for that??

Yeah the movie was really good. I hated the second one but Peter Jackson mess this one up. I saw it in IMAX 60 frames and I was wondering if anyone else finds it looks extra green screened in this format?
User

Goddess of Metal

Rank

Sub-Lieutenant

Fri May 14, 2010 12:58 am

San Diego, California

by Goddess of Metal » Sat Dec 20, 2014 1:21 pm

Feanorgandalf wrote:
Goddess of Metal wrote:Saw The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies today. Loved it! More advice. Bring kleenex. :lol:

Didn't Peewee Herman get in trouble for that??

:lol: :lol: :lol: Kili is pretty fucking hot!
A.K.A Margie Metalho

2018 - Deck 6
2017 - Deck 6
2016 - Deck 6
2015 - Deck 7
2014 - Deck 2
2013 - Deck 2
2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
2012 - Deck 2
2011 - Deck.3

Wishlist:
Abbath-/-Allen–Lande-/-Alestorm-/-Amberian.Dawn-/-Ancient.Bards-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Axenstar-/-Battle.Beast-/-Black.Fate-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Borknagar-/-Cain’s.Offering-/-Dark.Moor-/-Demons.and.Wizards-/-Diablo.Swing.Orchestra-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dream.Evil-/-Edguy-/-Ex.Deo-/-Fairyland-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Freak.Kitchen-/-Ghost-/-Gloryhammer-/-Grailknights-/-Gwydion-/-Heidevolk-/-Impellitteri-/-Ihsahn-/-In.Extremo-/-Inglorious-/-Juvaliant-/-Kissin.Dynamite-/-Kotipelto-/-Lord-/-Marillion-/-Masterplan-/-Mayan-/-Metsatöll-/-Mob.Rules-/-Myrath-/-Ne.Obliviscaris-/-Nightingale-/-Opeth-/-Pagan’s.Mind-/-Pain.of.Salvation-/-Persefone-/-Powerwolf-/-Primordial-/-Primal.Fear-/-Rhapsody-/-Rhapsody.of.Fire-/-Rotting.Christ-/-Running.Wild-/-Saint.Deamon-/Samael-/-Savatage-/-SepticFlesh-/-Stratovarius-/-Sunburst-/-Symphony.X-/-The.Gentle.Storm-/-Threshold-/-Vintersorg-/-Vision.Divine-/-Voyager-/-Warlord-/-Wintersun-/-Witherscape-/-Wolfheart-/-Zebra-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-
User

CountArioch

Rank

Petty Officer

by CountArioch » Sun Dec 21, 2014 3:29 pm

Okay, what the hell was with the giant worms? And where the hell did the rams come from? and what is this, World of Warcraft?

I enjoyed the movie, but there were parts that didn't sit right with me...
User

Dutchguy-Tim

Rank

Sub-Lieutenant

Wed Jun 02, 2010 10:41 pm

Spijkcity!! - The Netherlands

by Dutchguy-Tim » Mon Dec 29, 2014 5:37 am

still have to see part 3. but i already know it sucks if you ever have read the hobbit.

the hobbit is also the reason why the silmarillion will never appear on the big screen
the kids of J.R.R. Tolkien have seen what peter jackson has done with their bedtime story....
Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
User

CountArioch

Rank

Petty Officer

by CountArioch » Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:33 pm

I could care less what the sue-happy little turds like. Tolkien wanted his stories retold like the myths of old, he would have LOVED what Pete Jackson did. He himself was in the process of re-writing everything (for example, the fact that orcs weren't redeemable never sat right with him, he was planning on writing a novel about Legolas and Gimli meeting a bro-tier orc and becoming friends). The Silmarillion movie shouldn't be made because the book shouldn't have been printed, Chris Tolkien basically slapped together his dad's old notes to make a few bucks after he died.

Anything that displeases the Tolkien brats is only encouraging me to do double.
User

last_candle

Rank

Lieutenant-Commander

Tue Sep 14, 2010 12:52 pm

switzerland

by last_candle » Sun Jan 11, 2015 12:45 pm

Feanorgandalf wrote:Yeah the movie was really good. I hated the second one but Peter Jackson mess this one up. I saw it in IMAX 60 frames and I was wondering if anyone else finds it looks extra green screened in this format?

I kinda liked the second one better than the third one. It was still good, but it's probably just the 6th best movie of'em all ;)
...and yes, even in 2D it looks more green screened than at least the LOTR movies
wishlist '17:
Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Heavens Gate - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Running wild - Satan - Skyclad - Sonata Arctica - Steel Attack - Threshold - Unisonic - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
PreviousNext