Post Reply 112 posts
Remembering Laura (MadameLePink)
    Maso
    Petty Officer

Re: Remembering Laura (MadameLePink)

by Maso » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:06 am

R.I.P. Laura. In Valhalla we shall party again.
    2012 - offshore
    2013 - Survivor
    2014 - Survivor
    2015 - booked and paid

Wishlist:
    Girlie & tech death
  • Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Fri Jan 11, 2013 4:35 am

:cry:
    I'm really shocked by this. I knew by her posts on Facebook that she wasn't doing well, but she always remained so cheerful nevertheless. I'll remember her by the fun we had together on the cruise and in Slovenia. Terrible to see such a great person pass away :-(
    Inquisitor
    Midshipman

by Inquisitor » Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:05 am

The first time I met Laura and Fredrik was on the boat. I was talking to Tim, and someone all of a sudden grabbed my arm. It was Laura and all she said was. "You're taking a picture with me!" and I'm pretty sure in the picture I have a terribly confused look. She was one of the happiest souls I've ever met and this is a loss to all who knew her, even in passing.
  • cycosurgeon
    Lieutenant

by cycosurgeon » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:22 am

Short story...

Miami...

Isabel and I got stuck waiting like an hour and a half for a bus to show up to take us to the pre-cruise show that Captain Metal had set up. We were pretty annoyed by the time it showed up, then to top it off being a typical Miami bus it was overcrowded and stopped at every damn corner. But one stop a pink haired gal and some metalheads got on. I recognized her from the forums and said "hello" to her and she was friendly as pie to us, she introduced us to everyone with her and suddenly that Miami bus of sorrow and frustration suddenly became a metalhead party bus in seconds. That bus ride with her, Fredrik and the others is still one of my favorite moments from last years cruise. In minutes her and her smile was able to erase hours of frustration and turn my frown upside down!

Hails to her! Valhalla is now a better place!

...So was Laura beside the chieftains
    like the bright-growing ash beside the thorn-bush...
    2011: Cruise Survivor
    2012: Cruise & Forum Survivor

...So was Laura beside the chieftains
    like the bright-growing ash beside the thorn-bush...
    BloodRedMike
    Crewman

by BloodRedMike » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:52 am

Life is very strange how people come and go so quickly. My gf and I met her and her husband during karaoke after I bought some cool dude named Pasi from Finland a double Makers Mark. We just hung out and laughed. Good memory of another sweet metalhead and good people all around. R.I.P Laura.
    Mal2000
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mal2000 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:17 pm

Such a sad news.
    I met Laura on 70K 2012 adn she was such a fantastic woman.
    needless to say, we will all miss her.........
    My condolences to all family and friends, who miss her even more.

I start to feel very uncomfortable. After each cruise we lose one or our best :cry:
    70K 2012, Barge to Hell, 70K 2014, 70K 2016, 70K 2018, 70K 2019, 70K 2020, 70K 2023
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:40 pm

It was Ronnie's birthday the day that Laura passed.

I thought this was fitting. She was a Rainbow. This young,talented band played at the first 70k Preparty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOixnZZiaPs

Frederik, my heartfelt condolences.
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:48 am

Jaimie38 wrote:It was Ronnie's birthday the day that Laura passed.

I thought this was fitting. She was a Rainbow. This young,talented band played at the first 70k Preparty.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sOixnZZiaPs

Frederik, my heartfelt condolences.

Nice video. Ronnie's birthday was July 10th.

Anyway, I have heard that Laura's service was today in Copenhagen and it was very sad. RIP Laura, until we meet again !
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
  • DemonNIN
    Midshipman

by DemonNIN » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:00 pm

Mal2000 wrote:Such a sad news.
    I met Laura on 70K 2012 adn she was such a fantastic woman.
    needless to say, we will all miss her.........
    My condolences to all family and friends, who miss her even more.

I start to feel very uncomfortable. After each cruise we lose one or our best :cry:

I know it's kinda strange that within a short similar time span... we always loose someone.
    \m/(-_-)\m/
    CABIN #5073 70K : 2011
    CABIN #2027 70K: 2012
    CABIN #2521 BTH 2012
    CABIN #2095 70K : 2013
    CABIN # NONE : 2014 :(
    CABIN #9669 70K: 2015
    CABIN #6707 ; 2016
    CABIN #6407 ; 2017
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:17 am

gnoff_the_creep wrote:The memorial was yesterday in Copenhagen and it was beautiful.

Got to spend some time with Fredrik Friday evening and yesterday, as well as family and friends.

Still sad, but just looking at the pictures in their apartment and remembering the amazing times makes it easier.

If you talk to Fredrik please send him our best. I can't even begin to imagine what he's going through
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Sun Jan 13, 2013 9:58 am

gnoff_the_creep wrote:
    KDibildeaux wrote:
    gnoff_the_creep wrote:The memorial was yesterday in Copenhagen and it was beautiful.

Got to spend some time with Fredrik Friday evening and yesterday, as well as family and friends.

Still sad, but just looking at the pictures in their apartment and remembering the amazing times makes it easier.

If you talk to Fredrik please send him our best. I can't even begin to imagine what he's going through

Will do!

Thanks!
    Uncle Soda
    Petty Officer

by Uncle Soda » Mon Jan 14, 2013 4:50 pm

Dear All,

The love and compassion you have shown these days is such a comfort right now. Our colourful big little family has always been full of love, and I want to thank you for sending so much of it this way now.

The sadness comes in many forms. The crying comes with some warmth, but the emptiness is terrifying. I find it very difficult to call up memories for comfort. Maybe it is the shock. Hearing and reading about them is easier, and I want to thank you for this too.

I am surrounded by friends and family that help me with my fear of the loneliness. UMC also did something that warmed my heart. I will keep that to myself.

My brother has asked me if I want him to travel with me to Miami and go on the cruise. I have not decided yet but maybe I will find that going onbroad is something that can help.

The memorial was on Saturday and an old friend of mine, and later also of Laura, shared this with us – It helps me remember how proud I am that Laura loves me:

I remember very clearly the time when Fredrik first met Laura. It was following a Rammstein concert, I believe, and a party afterwards that went through the night. Fredrik turned up at my place the next day and he was glowing and it was not just because of the hangover. He told me that he has met a girl and it became obvious over the next few days and weeks that it was the start of something special

I got to know Laura initially by witnessing the change she made to Fredrik's life. Fredrik became the happiest and most content I had ever seen him. Anyone that made Fredrik that happy would be a friend of mine. Laura had found a home here in Copenhagen and Fredrik found a home in Laura. Never have two people that looked so different seemed so alike.

I was to meet Laura numerous times over the years, normally at a party organised by her and Fredrik that went on too late. Laura always struck me as warm with a genuine interest in those around her. She never spoke to me directly about her relationship with Fredrik, but whenever Fredrik spoke to me about Laura it was always about how good things were. I have never heard him say a bad word about the woman he loved. Fredrik, you should be proud of that.

Laura and Fredrik shared everything. You defined the term soul-mates. Together, you did more in a relatively short space of time than most do in a lifetime. Fredrik, as the days and weeks roll on I know you will find the strength to hold on to the magic that Laura brought to your life and take it forward in everything you do. As difficult as things must currently feel, Fredrik, I hope you feel blessed that you had someone so special in your life.

In the same way there are so many others blessed to have known her. Although Laura is no longer physically with us, her light will shine brightly through all of us.
    Last edited by Uncle Soda on Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Drinks at the Twilight Tavern. Pays with Tokens of Time.

wishlist: Ensiferum, Die Apokalyptischen Reiter, Heidevolk, Chthonic, Entombed, Finntroll, Heavy Metal Perse, Powerwolf, Primordial, Grand Magus, Monster Magnet
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:02 pm

Uncle Soda wrote:Dear All,

The love and compassion you have shown these days is such a comfort right now. Our colourful big little family has always been full of love, and I want to thank you for sending so much of it this way now.

The sadness comes in many forms. The crying comes with some warmth, but the emptiness is terrifying. I find it very difficult to call up memories for comfort. Maybe it is the shock. Hearing and reading about them is easier, and I want to thank you for this too.

I am surrounded by friends and family that help me with my fear of the loneliness. UMC also did something that warmed my heart. I will keep that to myself.

My brother has asked me if I want him to travel with me to Miami and go on the cruise. I have not decided yet but maybe I will find that going onbroad is something that can help.

The funeral was on Saturday and an old friend of mine, and later also of Laura, shared this with us – It helps me remember how proud I am that Laura loves me:

I remember very clearly the time when Fredrik first met Laura. It was following a Rammstein concert, I believe, and a party afterwards that went through the night. Fredrik turned up at my place the next day and he was glowing and it was not just because of the hangover. He told me that he has met a girl and it became obvious over the next few days and weeks that it was the start of something special

I got to know Laura initially by witnessing the change she made to Fredrik's life. Fredrik became the happiest and most content I had ever seen him. Anyone that made Fredrik that happy would be a friend of mine. Laura had found a home here in Copenhagen and Fredrik found a home in Laura. Never have two people that looked so different seemed so alike.

I was to meet Laura numerous times over the years, normally at a party organised by her and Fredrik that went on too late. Laura always struck me as warm with a genuine interest in those around her. She never spoke to me directly about her relationship with Fredrik, but whenever Fredrik spoke to me about Laura it was always about how good things were. I have never heard him say a bad word about the woman he loved. Fredrik, you should be proud of that.

Laura and Fredrik shared everything. You defined the term soul-mates. Together, you did more in a relatively short space of time than most do in a lifetime. Fredrik, as the days and weeks roll on I know you will find the strength to hold on to the magic that Laura brought to your life and take it forward in everything you do. As difficult as things must currently feel, Fredrik, I hope you feel blessed that you had someone so special in your life.

In the same way there are so many others blessed to have known her. Although Laura is no longer physically with us, her light will shine brightly through all of us.

That is very beautiful. If you are feeling up to going on the cruise we would all love to have you and help you through this time in any way we can. Maybe it would help? You'd be surrounded by an extremely supportive metal family. Of course if you still aren't up to it it would be perfectly understandable, too *hugs*
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:44 pm

It would be great if you are able to make it. I hope you are doing okay, man. Cheers.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:16 pm

mooyagi wrote:It would be great if you are able to make it. I hope you are doing okay, man. Cheers.

it would be wonderful to have you onbroad. i've been looking forward to seeing you again since Tuska! of course do what's right for you, i'm just saying it would be awesome to have you on!
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
  • Disco
    Midshipman

by Disco » Mon Jan 14, 2013 9:19 pm

Melloboat - 2008
    70k Tons - 2011
    70k Tons - 2013
    70k Tons - 2018
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Jan 15, 2013 12:08 am

I would love nothing more than to have some beer and bananas with Lilla Freddi in Miami and on broad. Sure, there'd be the sad moments and tears too, but I too think it would be good for you to go.
    Well, you do what you feel is best for you. :beerwink:
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
  • Tuup
    Midshipman

by Tuup » Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:44 am

Moving words Fredrik.
    If you decide to come along, there'll be a family waiting for you to help you fight the loneliness.
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Tue Jan 15, 2013 9:51 am

I agree with Ville and Kay of course.

I love how everyone is changing their signatures to PINK. it makes my eyes tear up but it's awesome. :deathmetal: <---pink mohawk.
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:18 am

I am wearing my pink cheers and biers shirt on the cruise !!!!!!!!!! everyone wear pink, we will take a pic. Fredrik - I concur with what everone else said. It would be great to see you on broad. you have a lot of friends who care about you.
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024 - Cabin 2350. Barge to hell -2012
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:34 am

Absolutely ++++1 to what everyone has said above.

Frederik, thank you so much for taking the time to share that with us. It was beautiful.

As others have said, if you do go on 70k, you will be surrounded by friends old and new that will help in any way we can.

May peace and love follow you where-ever you go, metal brother.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    -/-Scar-Symmetry-/-Wind-Rose-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Amaranthe
    2025 Wishlist
    Ad-Infinitum-/-Aephanemer-/-All-For-Metal-/-Alterium-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Beyond-The-Black-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Catalyst-Crime-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Cobra-Spell-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Dartagnan-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Fellowship-/-Follow-The-Cipher-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Hammer-King-/-Heavatar-/-Ignea-/-Imperial-Age-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Labyrinth-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Metalite-/-Moonlight-Haze-/-Neopera-/-Nestor-/-Nocturna-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Phantom-Elite-/-Poisonblack-/-Power-Paladin-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Rexoria-/-Running-Wild-/-She-Wolf-/-Silver-Bullet-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Big-Deal-/-The-Dark-Element-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Vanishing-Point-/-Volturian-/-Walk-In-Darkness-/-Within-Temptation
  • KeithYorkMetal
    Petty Officer

by KeithYorkMetal » Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:16 pm

Uncle Soda wrote:Dear All,

The memorial was on Saturday and an old friend of mine, and later also of Laura, shared this with us – It helps me remember how proud I am that Laura loves me:

Fredrik, This was beautiful. May Athena bless you and your family.
  • Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:44 pm

I agree Keith - it is certainly one of the most moving things I've read in quite some time and a true testament to the kind of relationship Fredrik & Laura had (and will always have).

Fredrik - I've been racking my brain trying to think of something - anything - to say further in addition to the thoughts that have been shared with you this far.

The only thing I've been able to muster is this...I read this line not long ago and it really struck me:

loving hearts are meant to be broken

It sounds so cold I know, but the larger meaning of the statement is just the opposite I think. I take it to mean that people who have extremely deep & close relationships with other individuals (whether they are a life partner, a parent, a child, relative or special friend), inevitably face some form of loss (that is, a broken heart). But, given the choice - to have these kinds of relationships - that is - magical connections & feelings for one (or more) person(s) or not - I am certain I would choose the former because in my view, it's like the absolute *ultimate* peak experience we humans can have. There simply is no greater thing than this.

I know what it means and feels like to have a broken heart - although perhaps not of the magnitude you, Fredrik, have experienced. Therefore, I can not fully put myself in your shoes, yet - I, and everyone else here send you our most positive thoughts and comfort.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Wed Jan 16, 2013 2:28 pm

cowboy71 wrote:Absolutely ++++1 to what everyone has said above.
    Frederik, thank you so much for taking the time to share that with us. It was beautiful.
    As others have said, if you do go on 70k, you will be surrounded by friends old and new that will help in any way we can.
    May peace and love follow you where-ever you go, metal brother.

there's not much left for me to add
    so many heart-breaking yet heart-warming thought and comments!
    (I will bring a pink shirt to the cruise)
    wishlist '25:
    Axxis - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Gatekeeper - Satan - Seven Sisters - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Wed Jan 16, 2013 7:07 pm

I hope you're holding out alright Fredrik... for what my 2 cents are worth, I think it'd be a great idea for you to go on the cruise...
    I'm certain it'd be good for you to spend some time soon with lots of friends and have the fun you can have...
    I'm willing to bet she'd have wanted you to go... you could celebrate the friends and fond memories.
    ACanorousQuintet-AblazeMySorrow-Acrassicauda-Aephanemer-Agalloch-Alligator-Amsvartner-Anacrusis-Anata-...AndOceans-AngelusApatrida-ArmoredSaint-Atoma-Bal*Sagoth-Bethzaida-BlackEarth-BlackKirin-BoltThrower-Borknagar-BurdenOfGrief-BuriedDreams-CallenishCircle-Candiria-CarBomb-Carcariass-CardinalSin-CarnalForge-CemeterySkyline-CeremonialOath-Cloak-ComposMentis-ConditionCritical-Conjurer-CrestOfDarkness-Crisis-Crisix-Crowpath-Cryptosis-Cyclone-Dagon-Damaged-DarkAngel-Darkane-DaylightDies-Deadguy-Deep-DemolitionHammer-DescendIntoNothingness-DestroyJudas-Devastation-Devil'sForce-DewScented-DimensionF3H-DimensionZero-Dispatched-Downpour-Dyscarnate-EbonyTears-EdgeOfSanity-End-EndOfGreen-EphelDuath-EpochOfUnlight-EternalLies-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Eucharist-Euphoreon-Excretion-Exhorder-EyesOfFire-FallOfSerenity-FiresInTheDistance-Firewind-Flying-Folkearth-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-FrostyEve-Gardenian-GatesOfIshtar-Gnostic-GodForbid-Gojira-GospelOfTheWitches-Graveripper-GreenCarnation-GreySkiesFallen-Greywalker-Grimfist-Hacride-Hinayana-Host-Hypocrisy-Illogicist-Impious-In~Quest-InThousandLakes-InThyDreams-InsanityAlert-Itself-Jaldaboath-JulieLaughsNomore-Kull-LakeOfTears-LegionOfTheDamned-LightThisCity-LordHumungous-Majesties-ManipulatedSlaves-MeadowsEnd-MentalHome-Mindrot-Minsk-Miscreant-MMXX-MorbidSaint-Morgion-MortalVision-MotherOfAll-MyHiddenSin-Myrath-NailWithin-NeglectedFields-Neurosis-NightInGales-Nightfall-Norther-Nostromo-Nothgard-Nothnegal-November17-Nyktophobia-Onslaught-Oubliette-Powerwolf-PreHumanVaults-ReArmed-RedHarvest-RitualSacrifice-RiverBlack-Sacrifice-Sadus-SamBlackChurch-Scarve-Seducer'sEmbrace-SevendayCurse-Shadow-ShadowsFall-Shangren-ShoresOfIthaka-Sigh-Sikasa-Silva-SinsOfOmission-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Skyfire-Slumber-Solefald-SolemnVision-Solstice-Souldrainer-SpiralArchitect-StarViper-Stortregn-SubterraneanMasquerade-SuicidalTendencies-TerraOdium-Terror2000-Testament-TheAbsence-TheCircle-TheCrown-TheForsaken-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-TheZephyr-ThisEnding-Tribulation-UnleashTheArchers-UponStone-ViciousBlade-Vinterland-Vintersorg-Warmen-Whispered-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-WitheredBeauty-WitheringSurface-Witherscape-WithoutGrief-Wraith-XCops-Xentrix-Zimmer'sHole

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    cabin 2376 (2024)
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Wed Jan 16, 2013 8:19 pm

last_candle wrote:(I will bring a pink shirt to the cruise)

:beerwink:
    9 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin,Suicidal Angels,Dee Snider
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:52 am

Jaimie38 wrote:
    last_candle wrote:(I will bring a pink shirt to the cruise)

:beerwink:

Real men wear PINK! :beerbang:
    Voyager-Vuur-GrandMagus-Myrath-Borknagar-NovembersDoom-Aeternam-Havok-TheHaloEffect-Moonspell-SepticFlesh-Sigh-BarrenEarth-Iotunn-ScarSymmetry-Nekrogoblikon
  • DemonNIN
    Midshipman

by DemonNIN » Thu Jan 17, 2013 3:00 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:I hope you're holding out alright Fredrik... for what my 2 cents are worth, I think it'd be a great idea for you to go on the cruise...
    I'm certain it'd be good for you to spend some time soon with lots of friends and have the fun you can have...
    I'm willing to bet she'd have wanted you to go... you could celebrate the friends and fond memories.

That does sound like really good advice.. People here to support you and to remember and toast her amazing spirit with all of us together.
    \m/(-_-)\m/
    CABIN #2521 BTH 2012
    CABIN #6707 ; 2016
    CABIN #6407 ; 2017
  • DemonNIN
    Midshipman

by DemonNIN » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:00 pm

here is my pink birthday hat I purchased weeks ago before her untimely death. I'm wearing it in the lineup to check in on the boat and I will wear a pink t shirt in her honor.
    \m/(-_-)\m/
    CABIN #2521 BTH 2012
    CABIN #6707 ; 2016
    CABIN #6407 ; 2017
  • Traccia
    Petty Officer

by Traccia » Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:57 pm

I couldnt imagine...
    I lost my one of the closest friends I ever had while I was pregnant with my son. I was devistated. And the pain of her passing is still with me.

I have never met any cruisers, as this is my first. But reading this thread makes me smile...

You sir, are an extremely lucky man. You have touched so many peoples lives... There is so much love here...

I understand the pain of loss... And the only thing that gets me through my pain, when trying to come to grips (yes, even after all these years) with her loss, are the people who love me and support me.

These people clearly love you...

I am so sorry for the loss of someone who, clearly, is an amazing and magnetic person...

I hope you consider coming along on the cruise...
    Take care of yourself...
    All my best to you and your family....
    Uncle Soda
    Petty Officer

by Uncle Soda » Fri Jan 18, 2013 5:38 am

Thank you everybody. This thread is so full of love. I have talked with a lot of friends about going onbroad, and eventually it was a wonderful e-mail from Laura's father that helped me make up my mind.

I will be a wreck a lot of times, but I will be joining you on the cruise, and my brother is coming with me. He is beyond awesome, and he is even turning into an Ensiferum fan.

Laura's best friend gave me an incredible gift on the eve of the funeral. During the fall, when all was good, Eve had asked Laura what to give me for Christmas. Laura said "give him something that is about us".

I got the gift, and it was the clearest moment I've had of feeling that Laura is looking after me.

This is what Eve made:

Drinks at the Twilight Tavern. Pays with Tokens of Time.

wishlist: Ensiferum, Die Apokalyptischen Reiter, Heidevolk, Chthonic, Entombed, Finntroll, Heavy Metal Perse, Powerwolf, Primordial, Grand Magus, Monster Magnet
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:32 am

Wonderful! We'll be there to support you if you need it. I hope the trip really helps and we'll see you on broad. :cheers:
    Tobias_Sweden
    Wiper

by Tobias_Sweden » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:57 am

Thanks for the kind words Soda and Gnoff!!!

I will do my absolutly best to look after you on the cruise! I love you so much and I'm so happy and proud to be youre brother!!! I'm touched to read about all the love you all give Fredrik here on the forum. I look forward to see everyone of you in a week!!!!!!!!

I really hope Ensiferum will play Burning Leaves :)

Love to you all, see you soon :)
    2013 - Survivor
    2014 - In cabin 2579
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:50 pm

Fredrick , good deal . so glad to see you and meet your brother. The family are very happy your making the journey...
  • KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:04 pm

That's awesome Fredrik! We all will really love seeing you and will try and help to distract you, if you need it, or listen to you, if you like :)
  • torpedo20
    Petty Officer

by torpedo20 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:47 pm

Looking forward to seeing you both onbroad :headbanger:

Really glad that you're joinin us again on 70k; after all, we're all are in one big family.
    70,000 Tons of Metal: 2011(cabin: 6031), 2012(cabin: 2551), 2013(cabin:3023), 2014(cabin:2019), 2015(cabin:6455),2016(cabin:8369), 2017(cabin:8663), 2018(cabin:9227), 2019(cabin:2358), 2020(cabin:6703)
    Barge to Hell: 2012 (cabin: 2563)
    Goddess of Metal
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Goddess of Metal » Tue Jan 22, 2013 12:55 am

So happy to hear you will be joining us Fredrik! :D Now I can give you that hug in person! ;) You know we are here for you. :cheers:
    A.K.A Margie Metalho

2024 - Deck 7
    2019 - Deck 7
    2018 - Deck 6
    2017 - Deck 6
    2016 - Deck 6
    2015 - Deck 7
    2014 - Deck 2
    2013 - Deck 2
    2012 - Deck 2 on Barge
    2012 - Deck 2
    2011 - Deck.3

Wishlist:
    Abbath-/-Agalloch-/-Allen–Lande-/-Alestorm-/-Ancient.Bards-/-Angel.Dust-/-Angra-/-Arcturus-/-Avantasia-/-Axenstar-/-Beast.in.Black-/-Battle.Beast-/-Blind.Guardian-/-Borknagar-/-Cain’s.Offering-/-Conception-/-Cruachan-/-Dark.Moor-/-Devin.Townsend-/-Dragonland-/-Dimmu.Borgir-/-Dream.Evil-/-Elvenking-/-Equilibrium-/-Fairyland-/-Finntroll-/-Fleshgod.Apocalypse-/-Freak.Kitchen-/-Ghost-/-Gloryhammer-/-Grailknights-/-Gwydion-/-Haken-/-Haggard-/-Heidevolk-/-Helloween-/-In.Extremo-/-Kamelot-/-Masterplan-/-Mayan-/-Metsatöll-/-Mob.Rules-/-Myrath-/-Nanowar.of.Steel-/-Opeth-/-Orden.Ogan-/-Pagan’s.Mind-/-Pain.of.Salvation-/-Powerwolf-/-Rhapsody-/-Rhapsody.of.Fire-/-Riot.V-/-Running.Wild-/-Sabaton-/-Saint.Deamon-/-Samael-/-Saor-/-Savatage-/-SepticFlesh-/-Serenity-/-Stratovarius-/-Sunburst-/-Symphony.X-/-The.Gentle.Storm-/-Therion-/-The.Night.Flight.Orchestra-/-Threshold-/-Twilight.Force-/-Voodoo.Circle-/-Voyager-/-Warkings-/-Wind.Rose-/-Wintersun-/-Zebra
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:33 pm

Tobias! Välkommen!

I am so very very very glad that you and Fredrik will be on the cruise!!! That news totally made my week. We will most definitely enjoy some memorable times! :headbanger:
    Daenerys
    Midshipman

by Daenerys » Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:53 pm

In remembrance of Laura and support of Fredrik, I made a bunch of pink flower boutonnieres to wear while on broad. I will have them at the beach party too, available to any one who wants one :beerwink: They're made with safety pins, so they'll stay securely fastened while you're :shred:, :deathmetal:, :bangers: or :boobs: :D
    Voyager-Vuur-GrandMagus-Myrath-Borknagar-NovembersDoom-Aeternam-Havok-TheHaloEffect-Moonspell-SepticFlesh-Sigh-BarrenEarth-Iotunn-ScarSymmetry-Nekrogoblikon
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Thu Jan 24, 2013 3:21 am

Daenerys wrote:In remembrance of Laura and support of Fredrik, I made a bunch of pink flower boutonnieres to wear while on broad. I will have them at the beach party too, available to any one who wants one :beerwink: They're made with safety pins, so they'll stay securely fastened while you're :shred:, :deathmetal:, :bangers: or :boobs: :D

Excellent!