Post Reply 195 posts
TV series
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

Re: TV series

by TOM CRUISE » Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:25 pm

Stained Class wrote:Noone better post any spoilers of Breaking Bad, I haven't even started it yet. I'll be doing a marathon at some point :mrgreen:

Same here. I got the bluray collectors box set of it for xmas and have managed to not find accidentally any spoilers
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:02 am

TOM CRUISE wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:Noone better post any spoilers of Breaking Bad, I haven't even started it yet. I'll be doing a marathon at some point :mrgreen:

Same here. I got the bluray collectors box set of it for xmas and have managed to not find accidentally any spoilers

There should be a no spoilers rule. No spoilers allowed (without proper warning) until the show or movie comes out on DVD/Blu-Ray/Netflix/etc. and give say 2 months after that for people to catch up? Maybe a little longer? After that period the warning is no longer needed and it's your own fault for not finishing.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Fri Nov 29, 2013 6:14 pm

I deleted two people off facebook that spoiled Season 3 The Walking Dead finale' they made dozen of spoiler meme's and I told them to fuck off and blocked them. They lived on east coast and so were 3 hours ahead of me.
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019, Booked Midship Deck 9 2020, Barge to hell -2012
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Sun Dec 01, 2013 3:55 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    TOM CRUISE wrote:

There should be a no spoilers rule. No spoilers allowed (without proper warning) until the show or movie comes out on DVD/Blu-Ray/Netflix/etc. and give say 2 months after that for people to catch up? Maybe a little longer? After that period the warning is no longer needed and it's your own fault for not finishing.

I like this rule.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:55 am

I am 100% for the no spoiler rule. If you want to talk spoilers with someone then I say send them a private message! I remember right after Breaking Bad finished its run (right before I started watching the first episode,) I heard a spoiler about who lives and who doesn't. Now that I've watched everything up to the the last half of Season 5 I can say that spoiler ruined about half the excitement of the show. Hell, I'm pretty sure that becuase of it I've already predicted the ending. Not cool!
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:00 am

BTW, finished watching Season 7 of Dexter with the old lady a couple of days ago. Very disappointing for the most part. I could list several complaints, because my problems with it are scattered throughout the whole season. I wont say anything specifically, but the main reason I was so disappointed was because I found seasons 3,4,5,and 6 so good for the most part. What worries me is that from what I've heard from everyone including people on here is that the last season (8) was supposed to be the really bad one. If 8 is much worse than 7, then the two of us are in for a real bad time. :bitch: Still, we have to suffer through it because we've made it this far, right?
    Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander

by TOM CRUISE » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:38 pm

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:BTW, finished watching Season 7 of Dexter with the old lady a couple of days ago. Very disappointing for the most part. I could list several complaints, because my problems with it are scattered throughout the whole season. I wont say anything specifically, but the main reason I was so disappointed was because I found seasons 3,4,5,and 6 so good for the most part. What worries me is that from what I've heard from everyone including people on here is that the last season (8) was supposed to be the really bad one. If 8 is much worse than 7, then the two of us are in for a real bad time. :bitch: Still, we have to suffer through it because we've made it this far, right?

I have seen all seasons except for 6-8. I need to get on that.
    Pommesgabel
    Oiler

by Pommesgabel » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:06 am

Many good got already mentioned.

I watched Fawlty Towers a while ago and loved it. It is a show from John Cleese and his wife.
    British humor at its best! Also i love the british english, another good example for this is Downton Abbey.
    The original show Upstairs Downstairs is not that good. Very nice english but crappy actors. But if someone
    is wondering why Elizabeth McGovern is always looking so annoyingly (Cora Crawley), just look one episode
    from the original show and you will get it...

Hm beside all the good running comedy shows i appreciated The IT Crowd a lot. Maybe its because i work in IT...

Standard: Dexter, Breaking Bad, Firefly, Star Trek TNG, Big Bang Theory, Walking Dead, Game of Thrones (But i guess this show is over for me, too many... you know what i mean),
    Supernatural (season 8 was the best so far in my opinion after 2 very weak seasons), Buffy, Angel, Friends (back then, now it's boring), Married with Children, Raising Hope, Modern Family,
    Stargate Atlantis, I should get a life ;)
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Fri Dec 27, 2013 10:01 am

Pommesgabel wrote:Many good got already mentioned.

I watched Fawlty Towers a while ago and loved it. It is a show from John Cleese and his wife.
    British humor at its best!)

Don't mention the war!
    I should get around to updating my signature
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Dec 27, 2013 1:12 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    Pommesgabel wrote:Many good got already mentioned.

British humor at its best!)

Don't mention the war!

They started it! They invaded Poland! :P
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:31 am

Been watching tons of Frasier lately. Trying to go through the entire show and I'm almost there. Only have 15 episodes of the last season to go. Can't wait for it to end, but am still loving it.
  • broegaard
    Chief Petty Officer

by broegaard » Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:06 am

I watched all seasons
    Episodes
    Modern Family
    Big Bang Theory
    Elementary
    Person Of Interest
    Survivor
    Good Wife – The best series IMO
    The Americans
    Homeland
    House of Cards

On my TV now
    Lilyhammer

Whtars next?

Game of Thones (third Season)
    Breaking bad – All Seasons
    Vikings
    Boardwalk Empire – All Seasons
    Downton Abbey - All
    metal4ever
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Jan 06, 2014 1:13 pm

Last year I watched an amazing Amine called Shingeki No Kyojin (Attack on Titan). Fucking awesome, epic and dem feels. If you are into Anime, check it out (looking at you, Jason!).
    70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
    70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
    --
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Feanorgandalf
    Chief Petty Officer

by Feanorgandalf » Mon Jan 06, 2014 2:19 pm

X-Thor wrote:Last year I watched an amazing Amine called Shingeki No Kyojin (Attack on Titan). Fucking awesome, epic and dem feels. If you are into Anime, check it out (looking at you, Jason!).

I have heard many good things about it. I was gonna pick up the Manga since One Piece is eating all my time
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Jan 06, 2014 4:10 pm

Feanorgandalf wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:Last year I watched an amazing Amine called Shingeki No Kyojin (Attack on Titan). Fucking awesome, epic and dem feels. If you are into Anime, check it out (looking at you, Jason!).

I have heard many good things about it. I was gonna pick up the Manga since One Piece is eating all my time

WATCH IT NOW!! Animation is superb.

--
    Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
    Feanorgandalf
    Chief Petty Officer

by Feanorgandalf » Mon Jan 06, 2014 9:10 pm

X-Thor wrote:
    Feanorgandalf wrote:

Is it done or a series like One Piece/Bleach?
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Mon Jan 06, 2014 10:35 pm

Feanorgandalf wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:
    Feanorgandalf wrote:

Is it done or a series like One Piece/Bleach?

So far, only 25 episodes have been released. No idea when the second season is coming out. Manga is ahead, but I've ben staying away from that...

EDIT: Here's a mini mixof the soundtrack: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BAqBUw8sVY

--
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:45 pm

:bitch: :bitch: :bitch:

I just realized Yle Fem (the Swedish language channel) has been airing season 2 of Äkta Människor (Real Humans, a Swedish scifi series) at the same time as they do in Sweden. They're already on the seventh episode this week. I guess I need to go find the first six episodes from some shady sites. Hopefully I can find some Swedish subtitles for them too as my Swedish is really not good enough.

Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    Feanorgandalf
    Chief Petty Officer

by Feanorgandalf » Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:51 pm

X-Thor wrote:
    WATCH IT NOW!! Animation is superb

Just watched the first episode. WOW the animation is amazing. Almost reminds me of Miyazaki's work
    Samhain
    Petty Officer

by Samhain » Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:12 pm

American horror story: Coven

Wishlist 70K 2016: Aborted, At the Gates, Devin Townsend, Kreator, Panzerfaust, Rotting Christ.

Survivor 70K 2011-2012-2013-2014-2015
    Emma
    Petty Officer

by Emma » Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:17 pm

Samhain wrote:American horror story: Coven

Really good! I like the first season the best but they are all good :)
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:22 am

I've been meaning to watch this for a while. Might give it a shot after the cruise.

Feanorgandalf wrote:
    X-Thor wrote:
    WATCH IT NOW!! Animation is superb

Just watched the first episode. WOW the animation is amazing. Almost reminds me of Miyazaki's work

Told ya. :cool:

--
    Samhain
    Petty Officer

by Samhain » Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:33 am

Emma wrote:

Really good! I like the first season the best but they are all good :)

I've only watched Coven so far but as soon as this season is done I'll be checking out the other two :) it really doesn't seem to be for the faint of heart.
    Wishlist 70K 2016: Aborted, At the Gates, Devin Townsend, Kreator, Panzerfaust, Rotting Christ.

Survivor 70K 2011-2012-2013-2014-2015
    DJ Old Man Stares
    Midshipman

by DJ Old Man Stares » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:26 pm

Finished Breaking Bad. Glad to see that show had a worthy ending and I think everyone should be happy with it. Wont say anything but that show certainly ended with its integrity intact.
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:38 am

Watched the first two episodes of Ronald D Moore's new show Helix.

Wasn't that great - will give it another episode or two before making final judgement though.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:19 pm

Pommesgabel wrote:I watched Fawlty Towers a while ago and loved it.)

last time I watched FT was exactly six years ago - about time to dig out the DVDs again ;)
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Jan 12, 2014 3:32 pm

First episode of Bitten.

Some nudity (bonus) - bit too much romancey stuff though.

May give it one more episode.....
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:05 pm

Season premiere of Archer tomorrow
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:47 pm

btw, the Breaking Bad finale was a worthy ending to one of the best shows ever

now I'm waiting for the second season of Nashville and the third (yes, the third) season of Game of Thrones...
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Tue Feb 11, 2014 1:59 am

Memnoch wrote:I just realized Yle Fem (the Swedish language channel) has been airing season 2 of Äkta Människor (Real Humans, a Swedish scifi series) at the same time as they do in Sweden. They're already on the seventh episode this week. I guess I need to go find the first six episodes from some shady sites. Hopefully I can find some Swedish subtitles for them too as my Swedish is really not good enough.

I did find the episodes with Swedish subtitles, and have now watched the first six episodes. Damn, the second season is so freaking good! Most definitely the best series on TV at the moment.
    I noticed Yle is airing the first season now, so maybe they'll start with the second season earlier than planned. I'll definitely watch it again, because I've most likely missed a lot with my terrible skills in Swedish.
    Wishlist:
  • sageoftruth
    Lieutenant

by sageoftruth » Tue Feb 11, 2014 9:25 am

last_candle wrote:btw, the Breaking Bad finale was a worthy ending to one of the best shows ever

now I'm waiting for the second season of Nashville and the third (yes, the third) season of Game of Thrones...

Is it true that the framework for the finale was actually concocted by a teenage cancer patient?
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Tue Feb 11, 2014 11:24 am

Absolutely hooked with Sons of Anarchy. Very cool series, though the plot can get a bit lost sometimes.

--
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Tue Feb 11, 2014 3:46 pm

sageoftruth wrote:
    last_candle wrote:btw, the Breaking Bad finale was a worthy ending to one of the best shows ever

Is it true that the framework for the finale was actually concocted by a teenage cancer patient?

where did you get this weird idea from?
    wishlist '20:
    X-Thor
    Lieutenant

by X-Thor » Tue Feb 11, 2014 5:46 pm

last_candle wrote:
    sageoftruth wrote:

where did you get this weird idea from?

It was on Cracked some weeks ago, I think. From what I remember, the guy told the writers/producers (don't know which) that he'd like to have Hal's Walter's rich friends appear again and/or explain why Walter had split from the company... Something like that?

--
    Emma
    Petty Officer

by Emma » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:44 am

Checked out the new series "Bitten", have to say I'm not really that "bitten" about it.... yet...
    Gonna give it some more time, but I can't see how this will get any further than beautiful people getting naked and morphing into a wolf...

Anyone else checking it out?
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:29 am

Have you been watching some wookiee porn again?

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    Wishlist:
    Emma
    Petty Officer

by Emma » Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:42 am

Memnoch wrote:Have you been watching some wookiee porn again?

Hahaha! Offcourse ;)
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:20 am

Emma wrote:
    Memnoch wrote:Have you been watching some wookiee porn again?

Hahaha! Offcourse ;)

Seeing Laura Vandervoort nekkid is all that I need to keep me watching Bitten :)

Seriously though - its okay, but nothing special.

Other shows - watched the first 5 episodes of Intelligence and have decided to give that up. Just tooo .... "America! FUCK YEAH!!" for me :P

And Helix - some bad acting and bad writing and weird musical choices. Not sure if we'll continue with that one either.....
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021 Wishlist
    Emma
    Petty Officer

by Emma » Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:52 am

The Following is a good series. Second season just started.
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:56 pm

X-Thor wrote:It was on Cracked some weeks ago, I think. From what I remember, the guy told the writers/producers (don't know which) that he'd like to have Hal's Walter's rich friends appear again and/or explain why Walter had split from the company... Something like that?

ok, they did reappear - but I have no idea who came up with this idea
    wishlist '20: