Gratch

Rank

Petty Officer

Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:06 am

Salt Lake City, Utah

Re: Random bitching thread

by Gratch » Mon Jul 17, 2017 6:39 pm

Well...fuck.

Dad just got diagnosed today with late stage pancreatic cancer. Docs have given him 6-8 months to live. Probably towards the lower end, as he's got a whole host of other issues to begin with.

So in addition to the "Yakov Smirnoff opening for the Spin Doctors at the Iowa State Fair" (thank you, Deadpool) shitstorm that's incoming as the cancer kills him, it also means there's no way I can book for the 2018 cruise knowing what's potentially on the horizon.

Fuck you cancer. Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, fuck you.

EDIT: Y'know, I changed my mind today. I'm going to book 2018 anyways, then see what happens. I can always sell the ticket if the worst comes to pass.
2016 Survivor
2017 Survivor
2018 Booked

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Finntroll - Gloryhammer - Igorrr - Ihsahn - Khemmis - Myrkur - Nechochwen - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Troldhaugen - Vainaja - Wilderun - Witherscape
User

captaingabbeh

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:07 pm

Calgary, Canada

by captaingabbeh » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:45 am

Gratch wrote:Well...fuck.

Dad just got diagnosed today with late stage pancreatic cancer. Docs have given him 6-8 months to live. Probably towards the lower end, as he's got a whole host of other issues to begin with.

So in addition to the "Yakov Smirnoff opening for the Spin Doctors at the Iowa State Fair" (thank you, Deadpool) shitstorm that's incoming as the cancer kills him, it also means there's no way I can book for the 2018 cruise knowing what's potentially on the horizon.

Fuck you cancer. Fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, fuck you, fuck you.

EDIT: Y'know, I changed my mind today. I'm going to book 2018 anyways, then see what happens. I can always sell the ticket if the worst comes to pass.

Oh my fuck, dude. I am so sorry.

2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 BOOKED!!

Want: NeO-Chthonic-Heidevolk-Sabaton-Powerwolf
-Kreator-Finntroll-Nightwish-Myrath-Thunderstone-TheAgonist-Skindred-Satyricon-Hypocrisy-Epica-Starkill-Crossfaith-Zeal&Ardor-Meshuggah-Septicflesh-Aeternam-Demons&Wizards-3TEETH
User

captaingabbeh

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Calgary, Canada

by captaingabbeh » Mon Jul 24, 2017 11:50 am

Today's list of Calls To Make:

1. Call the CRA (Canada's version of the IRS) to get code for online business tax returns.
2. Wait on hold for 15 minutes. Give the CRA agent my SIN and shit so that I can verify that I am setting up the account for the business number associated with my SIN and file this looming return (for a period in which I made zero money, natch).
3. Get security code, log in. Agent hangs up of course.
4. Attempt to enter business number that was issued to me when I set up the business.
5. Get error message saying that I am not listed as a contact for the business. WHAT THE FUCK. I SET UP ALL OF THE ACCOUNTS. I LISTED ON THE REGISTRATION THAT I AM THE FUCKING PRESIDENT OF THE FUCKING BUSINESS (because I am in fact the fucking president of this business) WHAT THE FUCK.
6. Attempt to call back. Line busy for 10 minutes straight.

FUCK YOU CRA.

-Kreator-Finntroll-Nightwish-Myrath-Thunderstone-TheAgonist-Skindred-Satyricon-Hypocrisy-Epica-Starkill-Crossfaith-Zeal&Ardor-Meshuggah-Septicflesh-Aeternam-Demons&Wizards-3TEETH
User

PacNW

Rank

Crewman

Fri Aug 05, 2016 12:16 pm

Portland, OR

by PacNW » Mon Aug 07, 2017 10:23 am

I came in to bitch about stuff, but my stuff is no big deal. Sorry to hear about your dad Gratch. I hope you are able to find peace.

Since I'm here already, last week I had to break up with two people. I hurt them both pretty bad, and hurting people makes you feel really shitty. I also worked about 30 hours on top of regular work on an apartment I manage that went vacant, and it was 95-100 degrees most of the week. Changing outlets & switches & repairing flooring while dripping sweat is not the most fun.
2012, 2017 - 6223, 2018 - 6387
User

Jaimie38

Rank

Lieutenant

Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:29 pm

Edmonton,Canada

by Jaimie38 » Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:10 am

I work at a car dealership, Volvo (Swedish Metal--har har)

Our first customer has booked to have their winter tires installed..

:roll:
6 Time Vet!
Wishlist--Accept,GRIMREAPER!!!,WASP,ArmoredSaint,DioDisciples,Loudness,
DangerousToys,Triumph.Scorpions,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,MorsPrincpiumEst,
Exmortus,TheOrderofChaos For those who are sailing with us in honour
no avatar
User

Gratch

Rank

Petty Officer

Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:06 am

Salt Lake City, Utah

by Gratch » Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:21 pm

Dad passed today, 6 weeks after getting his cancer diagnosis. One of the last things we talked about (before losing his ability to speak) was that he thought the "Listen to Death Metal" sticker I recently put on my car was 'pretty cool'.

The only silver lining to this is that I will get to got on the 2018 cruise. Other than that...this fucking sucks.

Fuck you cancer, and RIP dad. :cry:
2016 Survivor
2017 Survivor
2018 Booked

Ultimate Wishlist Bands
Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Finntroll - Gloryhammer - Igorrr - Ihsahn - Khemmis - Myrkur - Nechochwen - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Troldhaugen - Vainaja - Wilderun - Witherscape
User

DrinkMoxie

Rank

Commander

Tue May 24, 2011 8:31 pm

McKees Rocks, PA

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Sep 04, 2017 5:12 am

Gratch wrote:Dad passed today, 6 weeks after getting his cancer diagnosis. One of the last things we talked about (before losing his ability to speak) was that he thought the "Listen to Death Metal" sticker I recently put on my car was 'pretty cool'.

The only silver lining to this is that I will get to got on the 2018 cruise. Other than that...this fucking sucks.

cancer's a bitch, my condolences
Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Goatwhore-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-TenggerCavalry-GreenJello-Zimmer'sHole-Witchery-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-OctoberTide-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-TheAbsence-Desultory-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)-Alestorm-DarkTranquillity-InExtremo-Korpiklaani-Kreator-Meshuggah-Gyze-Benediction

cabin 3013 (2012)
cabin 9560 (2014)
cabin 8671 (2015)
cabin 7313 (2017)
User

captaingabbeh

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Calgary, Canada

by captaingabbeh » Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:39 am

Gratch wrote:Dad passed today, 6 weeks after getting his cancer diagnosis. One of the last things we talked about (before losing his ability to speak) was that he thought the "Listen to Death Metal" sticker I recently put on my car was 'pretty cool'.

My condolences to you and your family.

Previous