Discuss anything else here
User

Ties

Rank

Oiler

Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:32 pm

Oberursel, Germany

Rocket Launch at Cape Canaveral on the 20th!

by Ties » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:03 pm

For those of you who plan to attend the Atlas V rocket launch on Tuesday the 20th at the Kennedy Space Center and for those who may have missed it: Tickets are now available for viewing locations! Just booked the LC-39 Observation Gantry!! :P
Check:
https://www.kennedyspacecenter.com/events/2015/january/launch-atlas5-muos3.aspx
2018 booked! Deck 10, cabin 1564.
Lineup is already fantastic but could be even better with Ensiferum, Vanden Plas, Lord Of The Lost, Darkhaus and Powerwolf.
User

cowboy71

Rank

Commander

Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:52 pm

Brisbane, Australia

Re: Rocket Launch at Cape Canaveral on the 20th!

by cowboy71 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:31 pm

Good to know!

May have to check it out :)
Upcoming Gigs:
June Extreme-Mr-Big September Dragonland October Skid-Row
2019 Wishlist
-/-Accept-/-Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Bane-of-Winterstorm-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Dragony-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Mayan-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Valhalore-/-Van-Canto-/-Within-Temptation-/-
User

Memnoch

Rank

Lieutenant-Commander

Mon May 03, 2010 10:03 pm

Hellsinki, Funland

by Memnoch » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:07 pm

I'm driving to Hollywood Beach from Orlando on the morning of 20th. Was first thinking of staying until the evening, but I'm meeting with my friends, so sadly can't.
Wishlist:
SABATON / ARKONA / STUCK MOJO / HEIDEVOLK / KILPI / SLAYER
FOLK METAL / THRASH METAL
User

athun

Rank

Petty Officer

Thu Nov 29, 2012 5:00 pm

san diego

by athun » Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:36 pm

rocket launches are awesome! instead of paying for viewing area, pull over on roadside with other hundreds of partiers with a cooler of beer. great time!
User

torpedo20

Rank

Petty Officer

Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:48 am

Toronto, Canada

by torpedo20 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:20 pm

I am SO doing this! gonna grab a rental and drive to Kennedy to watch this.
Won't bother paying though, the launch can be seen from the roads like it's been said :cheers:
70,000 Tons of Metal: 2011(cabin: 6031), 2012(cabin: 2551), 2013(cabin:3023), 2014(cabin:2019), 2015(cabin:6455),2016(cabin:8369), 2017(cabin:8663), 2018(cabin:9227)
Barge to Hell: 2012 (cabin: 2563)
User

Shelton

Rank

Crewman

Sat Nov 22, 2014 3:09 pm

Newcastle, Australia

by Shelton » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:32 pm

I'm flying in to FLL about 2045, so hopefully I can see something from the air. Gonna try and reserve a window seat just in case!
Wishlist - Sabaton, Turisas, Tyr, Within Temptation
2015 - Cabin #7234
no avatar
User

deathmetalpat

Rank

Ensign

Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:38 pm

Maryland,USA

by deathmetalpat » Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:36 pm

Should be a blast :P
My wishlist 2018 -All the bands in 70k rotation that I don't care about.
2012-14 Survivor
2015-16 Abandoned Ship
2017 Returned
2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
User

Azazel101

Rank

Sub-Lieutenant

Mon Jul 26, 2010 6:35 am

Fond du Lac/Beaver Dam, Wisconsin

by Azazel101 » Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:00 pm

it would have been cool to see But I will arrive to late :beerbang:
ThyDarkendShade-/-SickofitAll-/-Combichrist-/-D.R.I.-/-SuicidalTendencies-/-Amorphis-/-AmoredSaint-/-Autopsy-/-AmonAmarth-/-AcidBath-/-BodyCount-/-Defiance-/-Dismember-/-DementedTed-/--Entrails-/-EntombedAD-/-Hypocrisy-/-Necrophobic-/-NuclearAssault-/-NapalmDeath-/-Tiamat-/-Wilt-/-FudgeTunnel-/-LodyKong-/-Swans-/-Izgrim-/-LawnmowerDeth-/-TheExploited-/-CrypticSlaughter-/-FEAR-/-Godflesh
ok for a start
User

Ties

Rank

Oiler

Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:32 pm

Oberursel, Germany

by Ties » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:48 am

We had first planned to drive to Port Canaveral to watch it from there as I read that this would be a cool spot. But when we saw how close you can get with the paid viewing area (2.3 miles to the launch pad) we opted for that. And, a t-shirt is included. Whoo-hoo! :cool:
2018 booked! Deck 10, cabin 1564.
Lineup is already fantastic but could be even better with Ensiferum, Vanden Plas, Lord Of The Lost, Darkhaus and Powerwolf.
User

renato

Rank

Wiper

Thu Jan 15, 2015 11:14 pm

Brazil

by renato » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:56 pm

I wish I could see it, too bad i'm taking my flight just on the 20th
User

Pellaz

Rank

Ensign

Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:36 pm

Georgia, USA

by Pellaz » Sat Jan 17, 2015 11:03 pm

We should be a bit west of Jacksonville at launch time. If we can find a spot with an unobstructed view to the southeast, we might be able to see it. Maybe even drive closer to the coast, south of Jax on I-95, if time allows.

For those who are getting close and personal to a launch for the first time, you should have a great time! We had VIP Causeway tickets for a shuttle launch once, back when we were in college -- this was pre-Challenger, so we were VERY close to the pad -- and it was an experience I'll never forget. Those causeway 'tickets' were free back then, you just had to request them from your U.S. Congressman before they ran out. We brought a few telescopes from school to view the launch. We had people coming over from the press gallery (next to us) to look through our big 'scope because we apparently had a better view than they did...we could actually see the console lights and the astronauts' hands moving over them. It was wild!
2019 Wishlist:
Abbath--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Bloodbath--Borknagar--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Eluveitie
--Emperor--Ensiferum--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Exmortus--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Kalmah--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--
Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Novembers.Doom--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Yyrkoon--1349
2015: Survivor
2016: Survivor
2017: Survivor
2018: Survivor