User

X-Thor

Rank

Lieutenant

Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:11 am

Mexico City, Mexico

Re: movies

by X-Thor » Mon May 06, 2013 2:49 pm

Oh, Superbad is an awesome movie! McLovin is easily the best made-up name I've heard. :lol:

Also, that whole dick-drwaing disease? Genius.
70K 2013 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2120)
70K 2014 SURVIVOR (Cabin 2565)

In perpetual post-cruise depression/pre-cruise anxiety.

Doing my best to be there for 2015.
--
Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
User

Stained Class

Rank

Commander

Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:53 am

Vancouver, British Columbia

by Stained Class » Mon May 06, 2013 2:53 pm

X-Thor wrote:Oh, Superbad is an awesome movie! McLovin is easily the best made-up name I've heard. :lol:

It's kinda sad but that movie really does somewhat accurately describe our generation's high school experience. It's a hell of a lot more over the top but still not far off.
The infamous LOLLIPOP

70K 2011, 70K 2012, BTH 2012, 70K 2013, 70K 2014, 70K 2015, 70K 2016, 70K 2017
I may have an addiction

Much want:
Aeternam-/-Alkaloid-/-Arkaik-/-Be'Lakor-/-Bloodshot.Dawn-/-Conquering.Dystopia-/-First.Fragment-/-Hypocrisy-/-Inferi-/-Persefone-/-Persuader-/-Vale.Of.Pnath

Also want:
Andy.James-/-Amiensus-/-Anubis.Gate-/-Arcturus-/-Barren.Earth-/-Caligula's.Horse-/-Chthonic-/-Enfold.Darkness-/-Entrails-/-Eternal.Tears.Of.Sorrow-/-Ex.Deo-/-Firesoul-/-Ghost.Brigade-/-Gorod-/-Haken-/-Harakiri.For.The.Sky-/-Ihsahn-/-In.Mourning-/-In.Vain-/-Krampus-/-Lost.Society-/-Madder.Mortem-/-Marty.Friedman-/-Meadows.End-/-Mistur-/-October.Tide-/-Rodrigo.y.Gabriela-/-Russkaja-/-Saor-/-Savatage-/-Snowy.Shaw-/-Spawn.Of.Possession-/-Steel.Panther-/-Stormlord-/-Suidakra-/-Teramaze-/-Toxik-/-Virvum-/-Vuur-/-Wilderun-/-Witherfall-/-Whispered-/-Wolfchant-/-Wolfheart-/-Wyrd-/-Xanthochroid

Repeats:
The.Absence-/-Anaal.Nathrakh-/-Coroner-/-Cripper-/-Dragonforce-/-Firewind-/-Helloween-/-Iced.Earth-/-Kampfar-/-Obituary-/-Onslaught-/-Sodom

Reunions:
Dismember-/-Forbidden-/-Kiuas-/-myGRAIN-/-Nevermore

www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal
User

X-Thor

Rank

Lieutenant

Mexico City, Mexico

by X-Thor » Mon May 06, 2013 3:03 pm

Stained Class wrote:
X-Thor wrote:Oh, Superbad is an awesome movie! McLovin is easily the best made-up name I've heard. :lol:

It's kinda sad but that movie really does somewhat accurately describe our generation's high school experience. It's a hell of a lot more over the top but still not far off.

My high-school experience was terrible. I'll re-watch Superbad, but I don't recall it striking any nerve when I saw it for the first time.

--
Wishlist: Blind Guardian and Saurom. Will probably like 90%+ of the bands onbroad anyway.
User

Stained Class

Rank

Commander

by Stained Class » Mon May 06, 2013 3:17 pm

X-Thor wrote:
Stained Class wrote:

My high-school experience was terrible. I'll re-watch Superbad, but I don't recall it striking any nerve when I saw it for the first time.

That's probably because you had more important things to think about than getting drunk/laid? Cus in high school we totally didn't. I won't lie.
The infamous LOLLIPOP

I may have an addiction

Much want:
Aeternam-/-Alkaloid-/-Arkaik-/-Be'Lakor-/-Bloodshot.Dawn-/-Conquering.Dystopia-/-First.Fragment-/-Hypocrisy-/-Inferi-/-Persefone-/-Persuader-/-Vale.Of.Pnath

Also want:
Andy.James-/-Amiensus-/-Anubis.Gate-/-Arcturus-/-Barren.Earth-/-Caligula's.Horse-/-Chthonic-/-Enfold.Darkness-/-Entrails-/-Eternal.Tears.Of.Sorrow-/-Ex.Deo-/-Firesoul-/-Ghost.Brigade-/-Gorod-/-Haken-/-Harakiri.For.The.Sky-/-Ihsahn-/-In.Mourning-/-In.Vain-/-Krampus-/-Lost.Society-/-Madder.Mortem-/-Marty.Friedman-/-Meadows.End-/-Mistur-/-October.Tide-/-Rodrigo.y.Gabriela-/-Russkaja-/-Saor-/-Savatage-/-Snowy.Shaw-/-Spawn.Of.Possession-/-Steel.Panther-/-Stormlord-/-Suidakra-/-Teramaze-/-Toxik-/-Virvum-/-Vuur-/-Wilderun-/-Witherfall-/-Whispered-/-Wolfchant-/-Wolfheart-/-Wyrd-/-Xanthochroid

Repeats:
The.Absence-/-Anaal.Nathrakh-/-Coroner-/-Cripper-/-Dragonforce-/-Firewind-/-Helloween-/-Iced.Earth-/-Kampfar-/-Obituary-/-Onslaught-/-Sodom

Reunions:

User

Laura

Rank

Commander

Mon May 10, 2010 7:28 am

cloud 9 chicago

by Laura » Mon May 06, 2013 3:55 pm

Well, the whole teenage boy gettin' drunk and trying to get laid routine is certainly nothing "new" or pertaining to only a recent generation. :P What I think is so brilliant about Superbad - is that the characters of the three teen boys are so spot on accurate in portraying certain classic "types." (albeit perhaps exaggerated at times). I suspect many of us knew guys very similar to them - I know I did. :lol: ...the whole portrayal of the friendship of Seth & Evan is really well done too. Seth is often saying outrageous & insulting things to Evan (with the f-word as every other word), but you just know how much he really loves him (and is really attached to him) in a "bro" way. And McLovin' - OMG - the ultimate nerd!! And again - didn't we all know someone similar to him?? Anyway - I just really love the whole comedy of errors in the process of them trying to buy booze for the party and then hoping to get laid at the party....classic. Even though the plot is different of course - I find the Big Lebowski very similar...the goofball/zany camaraderie of some guys (in that case the Dude & Walter, as well as Donny) who get into all kinds of crazy shit & situations. :lol:
2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
User

Stained Class

Rank

Commander

by Stained Class » Mon May 06, 2013 9:47 pm

Laura wrote:Well, the whole teenage boy gettin' drunk and trying to get laid routine is certainly nothing "new" or pertaining to only a recent generation. :P What I think is so brilliant about Superbad - is that the characters of the three teen boys are so spot on accurate in portraying certain classic "types." (albeit perhaps exaggerated at times). I suspect many of us knew guys very similar to them - I know I did. :lol: ...the whole portrayal of the friendship of Seth & Evan is really well done too. Seth is often saying outrageous & insulting things to Evan (with the f-word as every other word), but you just know how much he really loves him (and is really attached to him) in a "bro" way. And McLovin' - OMG - the ultimate nerd!! And again - didn't we all know someone similar to him?? Anyway - I just really love the whole comedy of errors in the process of them trying to buy booze for the party and then hoping to get laid at the party....classic. Even though the plot is different of course - I find the Big Lebowski very similar...the goofball/zany camaraderie of some guys (in that case the Dude & Walter, as well as Donny) who get into all kinds of crazy shit & situations. :lol:

You have a good point that that's nothing new but yeah. I consider it our generation's American Graffiti.
The infamous LOLLIPOP

I may have an addiction

Much want:

Also want:

Repeats:

Reunions:

User

Laura

Rank

Commander

Mon May 10, 2010 7:28 am

cloud 9 chicago

by Laura » Tue May 07, 2013 5:15 am

^^^ American Grafitti is another great coming of age movie - taking place at the end of senior year high school in the early 60s I think (if memory serves me right)

While I love comedies, in recent months we've seen some really outstanding (recent) dramatic films...
including Zero Dark Thirty, Life of Pi, Lincoln, The Help, Girl With the Dragon Tattoo (American version), Blue Valentine, &Temple Grandin.... and
also some older films and classics that we'd never seen including Lawrence of Arabia, Othello (Laurence Fishburne version), Strangers on a Train (Hitchcock), In The Name of the Father (one of the few Daniel Day Lewis - my fave actor - films I hadn't seen), & Forrest Gump.

Also since the new year began - 2 TV series I'd not seen before - Game of Thrones (1st & 2nd season on dvd - absolutely loved - almost as much as Lost) which I've mentioned elsewhere, and Girls (1st season - watched that by myself :P ). Husband and I plan to see more of Breaking Bad (on netflix) which we love (watched the first season and about half of the 2nd last summer), as well as start watching Mad Men on dvd.
Last edited by Laura on Tue May 07, 2013 5:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
User

X-Thor

Rank

Lieutenant

Mexico City, Mexico

by X-Thor » Tue May 07, 2013 10:44 am

Stained Class wrote:
X-Thor wrote:
Stained Class wrote:It's kinda sad but that movie really does somewhat accurately describe our generation's high school experience. It's a hell of a lot more over the top but still not far off.

That's probably because you had more important things to think about than getting drunk/laid? Cus in high school we totally didn't. I won't lie.

I'd say getting laid had more important things to think about than me... :oops: :lol: :lol:

--
User

Feanorgandalf

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Mon Apr 25, 2011 7:10 pm

Calgary, Alberta

by Feanorgandalf » Sun May 19, 2013 9:22 am

just saw star trek into darkness. Wow was it good. JJ Abrams is a genius.
User

LadyBlackfhyre

Rank

Midshipman

Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:26 am

by LadyBlackfhyre » Sun May 19, 2013 7:02 pm

Feanorgandalf wrote:just saw star trek into darkness. Wow was it good. JJ Abrams is a genius.

agreed - loved it!

70,000 Tons of Metal Survivor - 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 Here I come!
no avatar
User

sageoftruth

Rank

Lieutenant

Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:08 pm

Boston, MA

by sageoftruth » Mon May 20, 2013 12:42 pm

I'm so torn on this one. I truly enjoyed Star Trek: Into Darkness, but I'm hesitant to call it a masterpiece. Many critics claim that it was an action flick dressed up as a Star Trek film and I each criticism I've read about it seems right on the money. As of now, it seems like I liked it much more when I was watching it than I do retroactively. Looks like I just need to admit that I'm no movie critic. Maybe if I was more of a trekkie I would have seen the faults.
User

Stained Class

Rank

Commander

by Stained Class » Tue May 21, 2013 7:40 am

I really enjoyed it, I actually thought it was as good as the first one. They're still having fun with all this alternate timeline stuff which is cool. These 2 with JJ haven't really felt like star trek movies but I don't think Into Darkness was any less or moreso than the first one. I think he'll be able to pull off a solid movie for star wars 7.
The infamous LOLLIPOP

I may have an addiction

Much want:

Also want:

Repeats:

Reunions:

no avatar
User

gnoff_the_creep

Rank

Lieutenant

Sun Dec 09, 2012 12:55 pm

Sweden

by gnoff_the_creep » Tue May 21, 2013 8:35 am

Watched "Oblivion" last night, nothing really new, more bits of pieces of other films as ideas, but on the otehr hand fairly well made and not bad either.

Two movies last week, Iron Man 3 which was action and entertainment, but can't hardly remember already what it is about, and then Evil Dead, the remake, had it not been a remake it would've just been fairly flat and boring, now it was also a poor remake.
PINK

http://twitter.com/rockgnoff/

http://rockgnoff.blogspot.se/
no avatar
User

sageoftruth

Rank

Lieutenant

Boston, MA

by sageoftruth » Tue May 21, 2013 10:58 am

Ok. It's clear that I've been spending too much time on the escapist. Clearly I am not a smug movie critic. Today, I am determined to stop caring if the books I read, the movies I watch, etc. are in good taste. I'm not up to the task in the first place, and in the end, it's just not worth it.
User

Stained Class

Rank

Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Jul 08, 2013 8:36 am

This Is The End was really funny, exceeded my expectations. The CGI was sweet too. You should go see it
The infamous LOLLIPOP

I may have an addiction

Much want:

Also want:

Repeats:

Reunions:

User

DJ Old Man Stares

Rank

Midshipman

Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:53 pm

Portland, OR U.S.A.

by DJ Old Man Stares » Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:18 pm

Trying to play catch up on my classic 80s cheese movies, which is pretty easy with Netflixthese days. Watched Twins, then Poltergesist II...now moving on to Poltergeist III.

BTW, I love Superbad. Most newer comedies rub me the wrong way, but not that one. I laugh with tears everytime its on.
Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
User

DJ Old Man Stares

Rank

Midshipman

Portland, OR U.S.A.

by DJ Old Man Stares » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:18 pm

MJust watched an aweful one last night "In the Name of the King." It had a great cast with Jason Statham, Ray Liotta, John Rhys Davies, Kristaana Lokken, Claire Sterling, Ron Perlman, and Burt Reynolds...turning in the worst performances ever possibly conceived. I could not believe how bad this movie was.

On the bright side, I also saw Man of Steel yesterday and utterly loved it. Great to see Superman in ass kicking form!
Wishlist: Razor, Sacrifice, Laaz Rockit, Mekong Delta, Flames (GRC), Bal Sagoth, Running Wild, Sodom, Paradox, Exciter, Dark Angel, Sadus, Attacker, Believer, Emperor, Skelator, Spellcaster, Aeternus, Holy Moses, Setherial
User

mooyagi

Rank

Captain

Sat Oct 16, 2010 8:25 pm

Tucson, AZ, USA

by mooyagi » Fri Jul 12, 2013 8:47 pm

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:MJust watched an aweful one last night "In the Name of the King." It had a great cast with Jason Statham, Ray Liotta, John Rhys Davies, Kristaana Lokken, Claire Sterling, Ron Perlman, and Burt Reynolds...turning in the worst performances ever possibly conceived. I could not believe how bad this movie was.

Uwe Boll is well known as a very bad director. :lol: Interestingly enough, I've never actually seen any of his movies.
I should get around to updating my signature
User

DJ Old Man Stares

Rank

Midshipman

Portland, OR U.S.A.

by DJ Old Man Stares » Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:09 pm

mooyagi wrote:
DJ Old Man Stares wrote:MJust watched an aweful one last night "In the Name of the King." It had a great cast with Jason Statham, Ray Liotta, John Rhys Davies, Kristaana Lokken, Claire Sterling, Ron Perlman, and Burt Reynolds...turning in the worst performances ever possibly conceived. I could not believe how bad this movie was.

Uwe Boll is well known as a very bad director. :lol: Interestingly enough, I've never actually seen any of his movies.

:lol: You should only see it to witness how legendarily bad he is to turn Ray Liotta into a bad actor.
User

X-Thor

Rank

Lieutenant

Mexico City, Mexico

by X-Thor » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:20 pm

And Blind Guardian's Skalds & Shadows plays during the credits.

--
User

DJ Old Man Stares

Rank

Midshipman

Portland, OR U.S.A.

by DJ Old Man Stares » Fri Jul 19, 2013 10:34 am

X-Thor wrote:

Yes!! That's the wordst part! A Hammerfall song also made it on the credits! Why couldn't thoe songs be on good movies!?!? :bitch:
User

X-Thor

Rank

Lieutenant

Mexico City, Mexico

by X-Thor » Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:56 am

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:
X-Thor wrote:

Yes!! That's the wordst part! A Hammerfall song also made it on the credits! Why couldn't thoe songs be on good movies!?!? :bitch:

I honestly just watched it for the BG and HF songs. :mrgreen:

Still, once you accept it is a terrible movie, you can enjoy it. :P

--
User

DJ Old Man Stares

Rank

Midshipman

Portland, OR U.S.A.

by DJ Old Man Stares » Fri Jul 19, 2013 12:33 pm

Couldn't you have just skipped to the credits then? You could have saved yoursefl 90 shitty minutes of your life! :bitch:
User

X-Thor

Rank

Lieutenant

Mexico City, Mexico

by X-Thor » Fri Jul 19, 2013 4:28 pm

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:Couldn't you have just skipped to the credits then? You could have saved yoursefl 90 shitty minutes of your life! :bitch:

I watched it on cable... And I didn't know how bad it was. :oops:

--
User

Castroh

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:42 pm

Chicago, IL

by Castroh » Sat Jul 20, 2013 7:03 am

I watched a random B movie the other night called Alien Raiders, it was surprisingly good. If you haven't seen it, which I'm sure none of you have, you should check it out.
2012 - 2018 Survivor
2019 - Yup!
Wishlist: It doesn’t matter. Let’s just party with our metal family once a year and quit the bitching!
User

DrinkMoxie

Rank

Commander

Tue May 24, 2011 8:31 pm

McKees Rocks, PA

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Jul 20, 2013 11:49 am

Castroh wrote:I watched a random B movie the other night called Alien Raiders, it was surprisingly good. If you haven't seen it, which I'm sure none of you have, you should check it out.

Is that the one with Bruce Campbell? I know I've seen Alien Raiders, Burgatory don't remember which movie it was (and am too lazy to Google it
Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-TenggerCavalry-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
cabin 9560 (2014)
cabin 8671 (2015)
cabin 7313 (2017)
cabin 6525 (2018)
User

Feanorgandalf

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Calgary, Alberta

by Feanorgandalf » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:28 pm

Spent last night watching Princess Mononoke. I absolutely love this movie. It is beautifully animated, with a great english voice cast. worth a look
User

DrinkMoxie

Rank

Commander

McKees Rocks, PA

by DrinkMoxie » Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:41 pm

Feanorgandalf wrote:Spent last night watching Princess Mononoke. I absolutely love this movie. It is beautifully animated, with a great english voice cast. worth a look

I love Studio Ghibli in general! My personal favorite is Nausicaa Of The Valley Of The Wind (which is the most similar to Princess Monanoke...
I watched Birdemic: hock & Terror last night... just might be the worst movie I've ever seen... with the least "special" effects ever!
Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-TenggerCavalry-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
cabin 9560 (2014)
cabin 8671 (2015)
cabin 7313 (2017)
cabin 6525 (2018)
User

Krys

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Wed Apr 03, 2013 8:09 am

Ottawa, Canada

by Krys » Sun Jul 21, 2013 7:13 am

Monsters University was decent :P

Anyone seen The Conjuring yet? I'm psyched...it's been too dry of a year for horror movies :(
2014 - Cabin 4537!
2015 - Cabin 6471!
2016 - ???
2017 - Likely my return :D .
User

Castroh

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Chicago, IL

by Castroh » Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:57 am

DrinkMoxie wrote:
Castroh wrote:I watched a random B movie the other night called Alien Raiders, it was surprisingly good. If you haven't seen it, which I'm sure none of you have, you should check it out.

Is that the one with Bruce Campbell? I know I've seen Alien Raiders, Burgatory don't remember which movie it was (and am too lazy to Google it

i wish Bruce Campbell was in it, it would have been a shit ton better if he was. it was a bunch of no name actors.
2012 - 2018 Survivor
2019 - Yup!
Wishlist: It doesn’t matter. Let’s just party with our metal family once a year and quit the bitching!
User

DrinkMoxie

Rank

Commander

McKees Rocks, PA

by DrinkMoxie » Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:54 am

Castroh wrote:
DrinkMoxie wrote:

i wish Bruce Campbell was in it, it would have been a shit ton better if he was. it was a bunch of no name actors.

Oh... the movie I was thinking of is Alien Apocalypse... let me take a moment to recommend Evil Aliens!

cabin 3013 (2012)
cabin 9560 (2014)
cabin 8671 (2015)
cabin 7313 (2017)
cabin 6525 (2018)
User

X-Thor

Rank

Lieutenant

Mexico City, Mexico

by X-Thor » Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:11 pm

Feanorgandalf wrote:Spent last night watching Princess Mononoke. I absolutely love this movie. It is beautifully animated, with a great english voice cast. worth a look

Awesome movie. I watched in japanese with subtitles. I really should watch more movies from that guy.

--
User

Feanorgandalf

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Calgary, Alberta

by Feanorgandalf » Mon Jul 22, 2013 5:05 am

X-Thor wrote:

Awesome movie. I watched in japanese with subtitles. I really should watch more movies from that guy.

Spent the following night watching Spirited Away and Howl's Moving Castle. Damn they are all amazing
User

DJ Old Man Stares

Rank

Midshipman

Portland, OR U.S.A.

by DJ Old Man Stares » Tue Jul 23, 2013 11:16 pm

X-Thor wrote:

Haven't seen that movie for over 10 years, but I remember that movie living up to all the hype it received. Great movie, when Anime still had some balls.
no avatar
User

sageoftruth

Rank

Lieutenant

Boston, MA

by sageoftruth » Wed Jul 24, 2013 6:34 am

DJ Old Man Stares wrote: Great movie, when Anime still had some balls.

Huh? What do you mean?
User

Castroh

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Chicago, IL

by Castroh » Wed Jul 24, 2013 10:45 am

Miami Connection is one of the best movie experiences in my life! You have to watch this movie!
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VpZu69OB2KM
2012 - 2018 Survivor
2019 - Yup!
User

DJ Old Man Stares

Rank

Midshipman

Portland, OR U.S.A.

by DJ Old Man Stares » Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:43 pm

sageoftruth wrote:

Huh? What do you mean?

I mean before Anime got lame. ook at movies like Vampire Hunter D, Akira, Ninja Scroll. Now look at current anime. Shameful. Pricess Mononoke was actually very good, had a dark story and wasn't too sappy.
no avatar
User

sageoftruth

Rank

Lieutenant

Boston, MA

by sageoftruth » Tue Jul 30, 2013 11:07 am

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:
sageoftruth wrote:

Huh? What do you mean?

I mean before Anime got lame. ook at movies like Vampire Hunter D, Akira, Ninja Scroll. Now look at current anime. Shameful. Pricess Mononoke was actually very good, had a dark story and wasn't too sappy.

I need to check out Vampire Hunter D. Anyway, I guess it's true that anime movies at least have gotten a bit Disneyfied. I wonder what happened. Does, anyone other than Miyazaki produce anime movies for the US, that aren't spinoffs of an anime TV series now?
User

X-Thor

Rank

Lieutenant

Mexico City, Mexico

by X-Thor » Tue Jul 30, 2013 12:20 pm

DJ Old Man Stares wrote:
sageoftruth wrote:

Huh? What do you mean?

You mean Anime movies or Anime series? Because I thought Death Note, Code Geass and Sword Art Online were pretty cool. Not at Princess Mononoke level, but still pretty cool. Then again, I'm not very into Anime, so maybe it used to be better...

--
User

DrinkMoxie

Rank

Commander

McKees Rocks, PA

by DrinkMoxie » Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:44 pm

Watch Solomon Kane...oh man! So badass!

cabin 3013 (2012)
cabin 9560 (2014)
cabin 8671 (2015)
cabin 7313 (2017)
cabin 6525 (2018)
PreviousNext