Godflesh

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:50 pm

Seattle, WA

Re: Official Guess the First Announcement Date Thread

by Godflesh » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:01 am

Pellaz wrote:
Ti7aNiC wrote:Chalk me up for Aug 28th. Also because the Slayer stuff.

I'll put your guess, and any more guesses, in the next update...after I "kill myself off." :lol:

BTW, as much as Kerry King and Tom Araya hate each other, I don't really see Slayer as a possibility.

And trust me, they HATE each other right now. :?

Oh shit, speaking of personal feuds, SLAYER and Dave Lombardo on the same boat might be problematic, which would mean no SUICIDAL TENDENCIES.
I'd take ST over SLAYER any day at this point.
User

Amalu

Rank

Oiler

Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:26 am

Bubendorf, Switzerland

by Amalu » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:07 am

Godflesh wrote:On a side note, twice I took people to see them who were not fans (including a non-metal person), and they were blown away (as was I, always).

I only saw them once as a support act for Rammstein and was not impressed. Might have to do with the fact that Tom had a cold and problems with his voice.
There was simply no interaction with the audience, they just played their songs as they are on the albums. The whole audience was kind of passive due to the lack of interaction. The only thing was some polite applause between songs.

The only time the band actually directly addressed the audience was at the beginning to explain Tom's voice problem.

Boring concert. Anthrax on the same day earlier did a much better job.

Of the "Big 4" I would most like to have Megadeth on board. Saw them a couple of times, including this year as support act for Judas Priest, and they always deliver a kick ass show.
Past gigs 2018: Iced Earth; Cradle of Filth; Therion; Scooter; Metallica; Rock meets Classic; Ensiferum; Judas Priest

Upcomming gigs 2018: The Hooters; PFF 2018; Van Canto; Within Temptation; Nightwish
User

Ti7aNiC

Rank

Oiler

Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:03 pm

Halifax, NS, Canada

by Ti7aNiC » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:46 am

Godflesh wrote:
Ti7aNiC wrote:And if you were on the fence due to the potential band listing, just pay the extra $50 and book a refundable ticket.

In the world I live in, here are my actual options, according to Travelocity:
- Economy: refundable $3200, non-refundable $1000
- First class: refundable $4500, non-refundable $2400
So no, I’m not booking refundable tickets, nor am I booking blind given the total lack of information.

Where do you see those prices?? Those are crazy. Where are you flying from? Your profile in here says Seattle, WA...

Canada notoriously has some of the most expensive domestic flight travel in the world. In 2016, I literally flew from the arctic circle (well, Yellowknife) to FLL, return, for $559.23 CAD (in today USD that would be $427.07). At least in Canada, it's all about waiting for those seat sales, really. In 2017 & 2018 I was living in the GTA, so I had probably the easiest/cheapest flights out/into Canada. I flew round-trip YYZ to FLL in those years for $355.49 CAD ($271.27 USD) and $402.71 CAD ($307.31 USD).

Don't use Travelocity; just search with Google Flights, then book the flight itself directly through the airline so you don't run into third-party booking problems (e.g cancellation issues). I see a non-refundable return flight from SEA to FLL Jan 30th/Feb 4th for $352 USD right now; it's a red-eye United flight. I guess that's another important point: I've always gone for the cheapest flights, they really don't bother me, I just sleep on the airplane and I've got nothing against layovers or sleeping on airport floors, lol. If you don't want to spend money, you gotta do what ya gotta do.
Survivor:
70K 2016, 70K 2017, & 70K 2018

2019 Wishlist:
Abbath-/-AmonAmarth-/-Batushka-/-Behemoth-/-Be'Lakor-/-BlindGuardian-/-CattleDecapitation-/-ChildrenOfBodom-/-DeathAngel-/-DevinTownsend-/-DimmuBorgir-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Gojira-/-InFlames-/-Inquisition-/-JudasPriest-/-Khôrada-/-Mgła-/-Moonspell-/-MorsPrincipiumEst-/-NeObliviscaris-/-Opeth-/-Persefone-/-Pillorian-/-ProtestTheHero-/-RiversOfNihil-/-RottingChrist-/-Satyricon-/-Stratovarius-/-Týr-/-Thrawsunblat-/-Vesperia

C A P E   B R E T O N
C A N A D A

You'll find me in the moshtub.
User

Phoenix

Rank

Ensign

Tue Sep 23, 2014 4:29 pm

Calgary, AB, Canada

by Phoenix » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:07 am

Godflesh wrote:
Ti7aNiC wrote:And if you were on the fence due to the potential band listing, just pay the extra $50 and book a refundable ticket.

In the world I live in, here are my actual options, according to Travelocity:
- Economy: refundable $3200, non-refundable $1000
- First class: refundable $4500, non-refundable $2400
So no, I’m not booking refundable tickets, nor am I booking blind given the total lack of information.

Wow, how do you see these flights? I live in YYC, and you can really only get more expensive than YYC in North America if you were flying out of Victoria, and I can usually get to Florida for 800 Canadian MAX. Is WestJet better than we think it is? (You could tell me, I wouldn't believe you.)

Red-eyes are the ONLY way to get to FLL/MIA from where I live, because fuck me I guess.
Allegaeon-†-Amorphis-†-BabyMetal-†-CHTHONIC-†-Fallujah-†-Gojira-†-Katatonia-†-IN.VAIN-†-Melechesh-†-MORS.PRINCIPIUM.EST-†-Ne.Obliviscaris-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Omnium.Gatherum-†-Pain-†-Persefone-†-Scar.Symmetry-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Tengger.Cavalry-†-Trollfest-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
User

Ti7aNiC

Rank

Oiler

Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:03 pm

Halifax, NS, Canada

by Ti7aNiC » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:35 am

Phoenix wrote:I live in YYC, and you can really only get more expensive than YYC in North America if you were flying out of Victoria, and I can usually get to Florida for 800 Canadian MAX. Is WestJet better than we think it is? (You could tell me, I wouldn't believe you.)

Red-eyes are the ONLY way to get to FLL/MIA from where I live, because fuck me I guess.

Hey now, ahaha, don't you be forgetting about the north; there's about 20 of us who have attended (and/or regularly attend) 70K out of Yellowknife and Whitehorse. The flights from YXY & YZF are way more expensive than flights form Victoria (I have lived there, too... I move a lot, lol). YXY has to connect through Vancouver, and YZF has to connect through Edmonton or Calgary (surprisingly, more often Calgary even though it's further, and many times a return path will only go to Edmonton then from there to Calgary *then* to Yellowknife - How's that for bullshit?!). But yeah - red-eyes are indeed the only way for everyone in the northwest. :(

We're conveniently ignoring the insanity of remote community flights, too. I've flown into/out of over half of the 33 communities in the Northwest Territories. For example, Yellowknife roundtrip to/from Wekweeti via a 9-seat Cessna is $498 CDN itself.
Survivor:
70K 2016, 70K 2017, & 70K 2018

2019 Wishlist:
Abbath-/-AmonAmarth-/-Batushka-/-Behemoth-/-Be'Lakor-/-BlindGuardian-/-CattleDecapitation-/-ChildrenOfBodom-/-DeathAngel-/-DevinTownsend-/-DimmuBorgir-/-FleshgodApocalypse-/-Gojira-/-InFlames-/-Inquisition-/-JudasPriest-/-Khôrada-/-Mgła-/-Moonspell-/-MorsPrincipiumEst-/-NeObliviscaris-/-Opeth-/-Persefone-/-Pillorian-/-ProtestTheHero-/-RiversOfNihil-/-RottingChrist-/-Satyricon-/-Stratovarius-/-Týr-/-Thrawsunblat-/-Vesperia

C A P E   B R E T O N
C A N A D A

You'll find me in the moshtub.
User

Phoenix

Rank

Ensign

Calgary, AB, Canada

by Phoenix » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:41 am

Ti7aNiC wrote:Hey now, ahaha, don't you be forgetting about the north; there's about 20 of us who have attended (and/or regularly attend) 70K out of Yellowknife and Whitehorse...

My bad, you're right I shouldn't forget about the Territories. For whatever reason the flights OUT of Calgary are preferred for Toronto, but going back it's a mess?

What's really stupid is I checked, and I could fly to London Heathrow for about the same price as I could fly to 70k. Domestic flights in this country are so fucked up.
Allegaeon-†-Amorphis-†-BabyMetal-†-CHTHONIC-†-Fallujah-†-Gojira-†-Katatonia-†-IN.VAIN-†-Melechesh-†-MORS.PRINCIPIUM.EST-†-Ne.Obliviscaris-†-Novembre-†-Oceans.of.Slumber-†-Omnium.Gatherum-†-Pain-†-Persefone-†-Scar.Symmetry-†-Silent.Civilian-†-SOILWORK-†-Tengger.Cavalry-†-Trollfest-†-Wardruna-†-Whispered-†-
User

Godflesh

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Seattle, WA

by Godflesh » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:37 pm

My prices are for TWO tickets, on AA, avoiding red eye flights.
From the AA website directly:
- Economy: non-refundable $534/pp, flexible $1614/pp, fully flexible $2276/pp
- First: non-refundable $1223/pp, flexible $2288/pp
User

Amalu

Rank

Oiler

Bubendorf, Switzerland

by Amalu » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:03 pm

It seems to me that AA takes advantage of you booking in the US. My search on the AA pages results in lower prices. Here's a screenshot for one-way, the return flight is the same price. 1$=0.99CHF so you can basically consider the prices in USD. Seems cheaper to me, or is it not?
Past gigs 2018: Iced Earth; Cradle of Filth; Therion; Scooter; Metallica; Rock meets Classic; Ensiferum; Judas Priest

Upcomming gigs 2018: The Hooters; PFF 2018; Van Canto; Within Temptation; Nightwish
User

Jaimie38

Rank

Lieutenant

Thu Aug 05, 2010 8:29 pm

Edmonton,Canada

by Jaimie38 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:30 pm

This year from Edmonton YEG--Toronto - FLL was $85 return

:P

Aeroplan, with Air Canada. Previous, years I booked Westjet and took redeye from Edmonton which worked well for me, and I don't feel like I lose a day traveling.
7 Time Vet.
Wishlist--Accept,GRIMREAPER!!!,WASP,ArmoredSaint,DioDisciples,Loudness,
DangerousToys,Triumph.Scorpions,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,MorsPrincpiumEst,
Exmortus,TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds For those who are sailing with us in honour
User

Godflesh

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Seattle, WA

by Godflesh » Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:41 pm

Amalu wrote:It seems to me that AA takes advantage of you booking in the US. My search on the AA pages results in lower prices. Here's a screenshot for one-way, the return flight is the same price. 1$=0.99CHF so you can basically consider the prices in USD. Seems cheaper to me, or is it not?

I'm going to FLL, not MIA. 29th to 4th.
But yes, way cheaper!!
User

Godflesh

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Seattle, WA

by Godflesh » Sat Aug 11, 2018 3:56 am

User

Pellaz

Rank

Ensign

Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:36 pm

Georgia, USA

by Pellaz » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:52 am

Godflesh wrote:Image

10 out of 10.

If nothing else, this unusually long delay from UMC has gifted us with some of the most awesome, dankest memes EVER. :lol:
2019 Wishlist:
Abbath--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Bloodbath--Borknagar--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Eluveitie
--Emperor--Ensiferum--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Exmortus--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Kalmah--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--
Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Novembers.Doom--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Yyrkoon--1349
2015: Survivor
2016: Survivor
2017: Survivor
2018: Survivor
User

Cardest

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:28 am

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii

by Cardest » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:11 am

Back in mid July, airfares to FLL from Sydney, return, were $1,200 AU.
Now, they are $1,989 return (as I looked yesterday).
The longer this wait for bands, cabin sales to start, the highest the airfares and then there are the hotel rooms to book across Miami and I see already, many Aussies giving up and going for other festivals instead.
What a drag.
At this rate, it'll be September before we hear anything!
Too late, for so many.

2020 it is then. Screw it.

Cardestio

I am the Bra Destroyer
User

Godflesh

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Seattle, WA

by Godflesh » Sun Aug 12, 2018 5:50 am

2020 is when the Super Bowl is in Miami. It will be much worse to book flights and accommodations.
no avatar
User

deathmetalpat

Rank

Ensign

Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:38 pm

Maryland,USA

by deathmetalpat » Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:42 pm

They will have to do something about 2020,Super Bowel is a week long revenue generator,they force people into buy packages now that include events the entire week before.Along with people come for that week and don’t even go to the game.
My wishlist 2019 A band just one band before Christmas!
2012-14 Survivor
2015-16 Abandoned Ship
2017 Returned
2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
User

Cardest

Rank

Chief Petty Officer

Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:28 am

Kailua-Kona, Hawaii

by Cardest » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:01 pm

2020 Super Bowl in Miami!
Oh hell.
Imagine if the cruise announcements and cabin sales took this long, again next year!
It would be chaos for us all to book any rooms before the cruise.
I don't know why we even need to have the cruise at the same time as that NFL thing anyway.

Maybe 2020, we get to sail again in and around the same dates we used to...late-ish January.
Ha ha, maybe I'll come back for 2021.
Cardestio

I am the Bra Destroyer
User

cowboy71

Rank

Commander

Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:52 pm

Brisbane, Australia

by cowboy71 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:25 pm

I cannot be certain, but wasn't 70k moved slightly later because NAMM was always around the 25th of January?
Upcoming Gigs:
August Stryper September Dragonland -/-Therion October Skid-Row November Def-Leppard December Bon-Jovi-/-Kamelot
2019 Wishlist
-/-Accept-/-Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Bane-of-Winterstorm-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Dragony-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Mayan-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Valhalore-/-Van-Canto-/-Within-Temptation-/-
User

mbob

Rank

Petty Officer

Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:17 pm

Montgomery, Texas

by mbob » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:46 pm

cowboy71 wrote:I cannot be certain, but wasn't 70k moved slightly later because NAMM was always around the 25th of January?

That's why they will be moving it back to the Liberty of the Seas which is now out of Galveston, Texas, in 2020! :beerwink:
2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
2016 - Survivor (2292)
2017 - Survivor (9618)
2018 - Survivor (9678)
2019 - Please take my money!

Please...Accept-|-Amaranthe-|-Amon.Amarth-|-Ancient.Bards-|-Anthrax-|-Apocalyptica-|-Arkona-|-Astral.Doors-|-Atlas.Pain-|-Avantasia-|-Beast.in.Black-|-Behemoth-|-Blind.Guardian-|-Borknagar-|-Brymir-|-Cain's.Offering-|-Children.of.Bodom-|-Civil.War-|-Crimfall-|-Death.Angel-|-Delain-|-Demons.and.Wizards-|-Dimmu.Borgir-|-Doro-|-DragonForce-|-Dragonland-|-Dragony-|-Edguy-|-Eluveitie-|-Ensiferum-|-Epica-|-Equilibrium-|-Ex.Deo-|-Falconer-|-Firewind-|-Gamma.Ray-|-Gloryhammer-|-Grave.Digger-|-Haggard-|-Hammerfall-|-Heathen.Foray-|-Helloween-|-Helstar-|-Hypocrisy-|-Holy.Grail-|-Iced.Earth-|-In.Flames-|-Kamelot-|-Lacuna.Coil-|-Lizzy.Borden-|-Manowar-|-Moonspell-|-Myrkur-|-Nightwish-|-Nothgard-|-Oceans.of.Slumber-|-Orden.Ogan-|-Powerwolf-|-Pretty.Maids-|-Rage-|-Refuge-|-Running.Wild-|-Saltatio.Mortis-|-Savatage-|-Saxon-|-Serious.Black-|-Stratovarius-|-Svbway.To.Sally-|-Testament-|-Therion-|-Turisas-|-Twilight.Force-|-Tyr-|-U.D.O.-|-Uli.Jon.Roth-|-Unisonic-|-Van.Canto-|-Venom-|-Wintersun-|-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
User

Phoenix

Rank

Ensign

Calgary, AB, Canada

by Phoenix » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:48 pm

Fuck, I forgot about the Superb Owl in 2020. Fort Lauderdale won't be that much better than Miami, which is a shame because that's my preference. I did Miami this year and I just didn't like it.

cowboy71 wrote:I cannot be certain, but wasn't 70k moved slightly later because NAMM was always around the 25th of January?

Uh, that sounds right, though I'm not sure we ever got an official reason. I always assumed it would move back eventually, because I remember survivors complaining it was hard to get Superb Owl weekend off.
User

cowboy71

Rank

Commander

Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:52 pm

Brisbane, Australia

by cowboy71 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:53 pm

2020:
Earlier than Jan 23 PROBABLY out because you are getting too close to being in xmas 'peak' period.
January 23-27 is probably out due to NAMM
January 30-February 3 is probably out due to the Superbowl being in Miami on the 2nd (accom/flights/etc would be stupid expensive)
Probably could rule out the following week too, February 6-10, because accommodation/flights/etc would still be expensive.

So yeah - the option is either move the dates WAY into February, or move the start point.

Texas not such a bad idea.
Upcoming Gigs:
August Stryper September Dragonland -/-Therion October Skid-Row November Def-Leppard December Bon-Jovi-/-Kamelot
2019 Wishlist
-/-Accept-/-Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Bane-of-Winterstorm-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Dragony-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Mayan-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Unleash-The-Archers-/-Valhalore-/-Van-Canto-/-Within-Temptation-/-
User

mbob

Rank

Petty Officer

Fri Jun 27, 2014 1:17 pm

Montgomery, Texas

by mbob » Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:56 pm

cowboy71 wrote:2020: pu
Earlier than Jan 23 PROBABLY out because you are getting too close to being in xmas 'peak' period.
January 23-27 is probably out due to NAMM
January 30-February 3 is probably out due to the Superbowl being in Miami on the 2nd (accom/flights/etc would be stupid expensive)
Probably could rule out the following week too, February 6-10, because accommodation/flights/etc would still be expensive.

So yeah - the option is either move the dates WAY into February, or move the start point.

Texas not such a bad idea.

And don't forget that 70K is not the only music charter that uses the Independence. There are others so that could put a wrinkle into scheduling as well. RCCL usually will not schedule back-to-back music charters on the same ship.
2015 - Survivor...Finally! (8320)
2016 - Survivor (2292)
2017 - Survivor (9618)
2018 - Survivor (9678)
2019 - Please take my money!

Please...Accept-|-Amaranthe-|-Amon.Amarth-|-Ancient.Bards-|-Anthrax-|-Apocalyptica-|-Arkona-|-Astral.Doors-|-Atlas.Pain-|-Avantasia-|-Beast.in.Black-|-Behemoth-|-Blind.Guardian-|-Borknagar-|-Brymir-|-Cain's.Offering-|-Children.of.Bodom-|-Civil.War-|-Crimfall-|-Death.Angel-|-Delain-|-Demons.and.Wizards-|-Dimmu.Borgir-|-Doro-|-DragonForce-|-Dragonland-|-Dragony-|-Edguy-|-Eluveitie-|-Ensiferum-|-Epica-|-Equilibrium-|-Ex.Deo-|-Falconer-|-Firewind-|-Gamma.Ray-|-Gloryhammer-|-Grave.Digger-|-Haggard-|-Hammerfall-|-Heathen.Foray-|-Helloween-|-Helstar-|-Hypocrisy-|-Holy.Grail-|-Iced.Earth-|-In.Flames-|-Kamelot-|-Lacuna.Coil-|-Lizzy.Borden-|-Manowar-|-Moonspell-|-Myrkur-|-Nightwish-|-Nothgard-|-Oceans.of.Slumber-|-Orden.Ogan-|-Powerwolf-|-Pretty.Maids-|-Rage-|-Refuge-|-Running.Wild-|-Saltatio.Mortis-|-Savatage-|-Saxon-|-Serious.Black-|-Stratovarius-|-Svbway.To.Sally-|-Testament-|-Therion-|-Turisas-|-Twilight.Force-|-Tyr-|-U.D.O.-|-Uli.Jon.Roth-|-Unisonic-|-Van.Canto-|-Venom-|-Wintersun-|-Wolves.in.the.Throne.Room
User

Pellaz

Rank

Ensign

Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:36 pm

Georgia, USA

by Pellaz » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:07 pm

Cardest wrote:The longer this wait for bands, cabin sales to start, the highest the airfares and then there are the hotel rooms to book across Miami and I see already, many Aussies giving up and going for other festivals instead.
What a drag.
At this rate, it'll be September before we hear anything!

There is now a real possibility that we will know the FULL lineup for ProgPower USA in September 2019 -- the announcement will be made on Fri. Sept. 7th -- before we know ANY bands for 70K in February 2019. :shock:

It boggles the mind.
2019 Wishlist:
Abbath--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Bloodbath--Borknagar--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Eluveitie
--Emperor--Ensiferum--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Exmortus--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Kalmah--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Mors.Principium.Est--Myrath--
Ne.Obliviscaris--Nile--Novembers.Doom--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Twilight.Force--Tyr--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Yyrkoon--1349
2015: Survivor
2016: Survivor
2017: Survivor
2018: Survivor
no avatar
User

deathmetalpat

Rank

Ensign

Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:38 pm

Maryland,USA

by deathmetalpat » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:39 am

I went though 70k Facebook posts and a clear pattern emerged.Since at least June 1st they post at least every other day.So if the last post was an even day the next one in that same month will be even,they change the pattern by occasion posts one day after another.Then back to every other day.Silence before announcing 1st band used to be the normal thing,so if you finally get 3 days without any posts ,we might get some actual news.
My wishlist 2019 A band just one band before Christmas!
2012-14 Survivor
2015-16 Abandoned Ship
2017 Returned
2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
User

Amalu

Rank

Oiler

Bubendorf, Switzerland

by Amalu » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:10 am

deathmetalpat wrote:ISilence before announcing 1st band used to be the normal thing,so if you finally get 3 days without any posts ,we might get some actual news.

Yup, I've noticed the same pattern as well.

By now it also be possible that they hide the first announcement in some meaningless #shipfacts post. :mrgreen:

User

Phoenix

Rank

Ensign

Calgary, AB, Canada

by Phoenix » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:43 am

deathmetalpat wrote:I went though 70k Facebook posts and a clear pattern emerged.Since at least June 1st they post at least every other day.So if the last post was an even day the next one in that same month will be even,they change the pattern by occasion posts one day after another.Then back to every other day.Silence before announcing 1st band used to be the normal thing,so if you finally get 3 days without any posts ,we might get some actual news.

It's not a bad idea, but I distinctly remember applying that logic one year. "Oh right, there's the meaningless post for the day, I can check back on 70k for tomorrow." And then I look again and notice that three announcements have been made.
User

DragonLordJones

Rank

Lieutenant

Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:33 pm

Mayville, Wisconsin

by DragonLordJones » Tue Aug 14, 2018 9:50 pm

my nephew brought up a point to me - could RC not want us on the upgraded Independence and are looking to put us back on the Liberty (if it is not getting the new upgrades as her sister ship) …. which would suck - if they don't have a completely different crew .... but this could be part of the delay . Just a speculation :oops: :shock:
70000tons of Metal 2011 Deck5 5563 2012 Deck5 5063BARGE TO HELL Deck5 5563 2013 DECK6 60572014 ... deck4 4557 2015 Deck 7 7225 2016 deck? cabin?2017 deck6 room?2018 deck6 6693
User

bodomdragon

Rank

Sub-Lieutenant

Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:07 am

Barcelona, Catalonia, Spain

by bodomdragon » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:32 pm

DragonLordJones wrote:my nephew brought up a point to me - could RC not want us on the upgraded Independence and are looking to put us back on the Liberty (if it is not getting the new upgrades as her sister ship) …. which would suck - if they don't have a completely different crew .... but this could be part of the delay . Just a speculation :oops: :shock:

If this was even a remote possibility, Andy would have told the media guys to stop spamming with #shipfacts for the moment. Yesterday they posted something about the new minigolf...
Wishlist:
Accept--ALLEGAEON--Amaranthe--
Amorphis--Annihilator--Anthriel--AXXIS--AVANTASIA--Be'lakor--Borealis--CAIN'S.OFFERING--Children.of.Bodom--Countless.Skies--Devin.Townsend.Project--Dimmu.Borgir--DGM--Distorted.Harmony--DRAGONFORCE--Dream.Evil--Dream.Theater--DYNAZTY--ECLIPSE(Sweden)--Equilibrium--Epica--Fleshgod.Apocalypse--Fractal.Gates--Gamma.Ray--Gloryhammer--Haken--Helloween--In.Vain--Kamelot--Keep.Of.Kalessin--Mechina--Mercenary--Meshiaak--MOONSORROW--MORS.PRINCIPIUM.EST--Ne.Obliviscaris--Need--OMNIUM.GATHERUM--Onslaught--ORDEN.OGAN--Pathfinder--Pretty.Maids--Power.Quest--Powerglove--Pyramaze--SCAR.SYMMETRY--Serious.Black--SEVENTH.WONDER--Shade.Empire--Shadow.Gallery--Soilwork--Stratovarius--Subterranean.Masquerade--SYMPHONY.X--Teramaze--Therion--Unisonic--Unleash.the.Archers--Volbeat--VOYAGER--WIDEK--Wintersun--Witherscape

2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018: Survivor
User

DragonLordJones

Rank

Lieutenant

Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:33 pm

Mayville, Wisconsin

by DragonLordJones » Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:55 pm

like I said - don't know - just putting it out there - :givebeer:
70000tons of Metal 2011 Deck5 5563 2012 Deck5 5063BARGE TO HELL Deck5 5563 2013 DECK6 60572014 ... deck4 4557 2015 Deck 7 7225 2016 deck? cabin?2017 deck6 room?2018 deck6 6693
Previous