Post Reply 9 posts Page 1 of 1
Buses to port and back info, even for Riptide folks.
    Bob
    Petty Officer

Buses to port and back info, even for Riptide folks.

by Bob » Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:44 am

Here is the post that Dorothy made on Facebook about transportation to/from the hotels and port and the parties.

Best part for me is if enough people sign up we could have buses going from Riptide to port. I booked a ride to port for $15 from Riptide.

Heavy Metal Beach Party

Book your bus to the PORT!
    http://bit.ly/MetalBusToPort

Get your tickets to Heavy Metal Beach Party at Virginia Key, featuring Goatwhore plus 7 other LIVE BANDS, Sunday January 5, 2020!
    http://bit.ly/BeachPartyTickets

More info:
    Buses depart from the following locations:
    The Clevelander South Beach Hotel, 1020 Ocean Dr, Miami Beach, FL 33139
    Riptide Oceanfront Hotel, 2300 N Surf Rd, Hollywood, FL 33019

The trip to the port takes approximately 45 minutes from South Beach, about 30 minutes from Hollywood Beach.
    Anyone may book a bus trip, no matter where they are staying.
    Each bus will be marked with its departure time. Make sure you line up for and board the correct bus.
    Buses leave PROMPTLY at the assigned time. Boarding will begin 20 minutes prior to departure. If you are late, the bus will not wait for you and your seat will be given to someone on stand-by.
    You can book for several people at once. You MUST ALL board the bus at the same time.
    If you miss your assigned time, or want to take a different bus, you can wait on stand-by. The Infinity Transportation Representative will let you know if there is an available seat and when you can board. No additional payment is necessary if you have pre-paid.
    Luggage will be stored under the bus. For everyone’s comfort, please limit carry-on bags.

Price: $25 per person pre-pay, $30 per person stand-by.
    Passengers who do not pre-pay may wait on stand-by and pay $30 cash IF there is an available seat. The Infinity Transportation Representative will accept payment if there is an available seat and let you know when you can board.
    No cancellations. No refunds.
    Wishlist 2020: Ranked in order of:
    1. Sheetz-my-panties and line up on the center rail for both sets if announced.

Rotting_Christ-/-Hanzel_und_Gretyl-/-Heilung-/-Suicidal_Tendencies
    2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Cattle_Decapitation-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Russkaja-/-Saturnus-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-Tengger_Cavalry-/-The_Heard-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Vermilia-/-Visigoth-/-VUUR
    3. Seen them before and would love to see them on das boat.
    Amorphis-/-Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Beasto_Blanco-/-Behemoth-/-Insomnium-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metalachi-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Oceans_of_Slumber-/-Orphaned_Land-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    Survivor - 2015, 16, 17, 18, 19
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

Re: Buses to port and back info, even for Riptide folks.

by cholernik » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:27 am

is there a free shuttle from FLL? I thought i read that somewhere. The hotel I'm at has a shuttle to/from the airport so I was thinking of just taking that to the airport then the airport shuttle to the port
    This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
    2020: Booked!
    slayergeek
    Chief Petty Officer

by slayergeek » Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:54 am

cholernik wrote:
    Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:27 am
    is there a free shuttle from FLL? I thought i read that somewhere. The hotel I'm at has a shuttle to/from the airport so I was thinking of just taking that to the airport then the airport shuttle to the port
    I would be very careful with that, and do lots research to be sure your not stuck somewhere and/or have to pay more then the $25 Dorthy is asking for to get where you need to be on time.
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,See_You_In_2019

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    • iPhone Version-https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/70k-bands/id958759290?mt=8
    • Android Version-https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.Bands70k

WishList
    • The_Crown-/-Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/-Violence-/
    Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:07 pm

cholernik wrote:
    Ramada Airport/Cruise Port motel has a shuttle like that. Picked me up at the airport, back to the motel, then took me to port on cruise day. Lots of guests there are on the boat. Even picked me up at port and brought me back to the motel after if I'm staying there. I did that 2 years ago and now have friends at that motel at the Tiki bar that I meet up with every year after the cruise. Plus you can't beat free breakfast included.

2. Never seen them live.
    Anaal_Nathrakh-/-Burning_Witches-/-Cattle_Decapitation-/-Combichrist-/-Dee_Snider-/-Gojira-/-Grai-/-Inquisition-/-Jinjer-/-Lovebites-/-King_Diamond-/-Rob_Zombie-/-Russkaja-/-Saturnus-/-Temple_of_Evil-/-Tengger_Cavalry-/-The_Heard-/-The_Hu-/-Vader-/-Vermilia-/-Visigoth-/-VUUR
    Amorphis-/-Avatar-/-Babymetal-/-Beasto_Blanco-/-Behemoth-/-Insomnium-/-Lacuna_Coil-/-Lamb_of_God-/-Meshuggah-/-Metalachi-/-Metsatöll-/-Myrkur-/-Oceans_of_Slumber-/-Orphaned_Land-/-Sabaton-/-Sepultura-/-Suicidal_Tendencies-/-Therion-/-The_Iron_Maidens-/-Wolves_in_the_Throne_Room
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:27 pm

slayergeek wrote:
    Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:54 am
    cholernik wrote:
    I would be very careful with that, and do lots research to be sure your not stuck somewhere and/or have to pay more then the $25 Dorthy is asking for to get where you need to be on time.
    Well the research I did was on the hotel's website that offered a free airport shuttle, and on the airport's website that says they have a free port shuttle. It's not that uncommon to have free shuttles. Every time I travel I've never paid for a shuttle when traveling to/from the airport/hotel
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:28 pm

Bob wrote:
    Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:07 pm
    cholernik wrote:
    Ramada Airport/Cruise Port motel has a shuttle like that. Picked me up at the airport, back to the motel, then took me to port on cruise day. Lots of guests there are on the boat. Even picked me up at port and brought me back to the motel after if I'm staying there. I did that 2 years ago and now have friends at that motel at the Tiki bar that I meet up with every year after the cruise. Plus you can't beat free breakfast included.
    I wonder if the hotel I'm at can drop me off directly to the port, I mean, they already take people to the airport which is like across the street from the port. I was just going to uber from my hotel to the port, but a shuttle seems easier, and like 100% free-er
    Pellaz
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Pellaz » Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:51 pm

cholernik wrote:
    Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:28 pm
    Bob wrote:
    cholernik wrote:
    I wonder if the hotel I'm at can drop me off directly to the port, I mean, they already take people to the airport which is like across the street from the port. I was just going to uber from my hotel to the port, but a shuttle seems easier, and like 100% free-er
    If the hotel is in the Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood/Dania Beach area, there's a good chance they have a free shuttle TO the pier (but usually not a free shuttle back). If it's in Miami, then they likely don't have a free shuttle to Port Everglades. (They might do it to PortMiami, but that doesn't help us.)

The hotel I stay at, Quality Inn FLL/Cruiseport South, has a free shuttle TO the pier and they charge $8 for the ride back. They also have free airport shuttles and will take you from the pier to the airport.
    2020 Wishlist:
    Abbath--Aeternam--Agalloch--Agathodaimon--Alestorm--Allegaeon--Amon.Amarth--Amorphis--Animals.As.Leaders--Arsis--Ayreon--Bal.Sagoth--Barren.Earth--Battlelore--Behemoth--Black.Crown.Initiate--Blind.Guardian--Borknagar--Cannibal.Corpse--CoB--CoF--Cynic--Dark.Tranquillity--Dimmu.Borgir--Dragonforce--Edge.of.Sanity--Witherscape--anything.Dan.Swano--Einherjer--Enslaved--
    --Emperor--Equilibrium--Eternal.Tears.of.Sorrow--Fear.Factory--Gojira--Graveworm--Green.Carnation--Gyze--Iced.Earth--Ihsahn--Immortal--Insomnium--Kataklysm--Katatonia--Keep.of.Kalessin--Korpiklaani--Kreator--Kvelertak--Leprous--Luciferan.Light.Orchestra--Loss--Melechesh--Meshuggah--Mezarkabul--Moonspell--Myrath--
    Novembers.Doom--Obscura--Old.Mans.Child--Omnium.Gatherum--Opeth--Orphaned.Land--Poisonblack--Primordial--Sabaton--Samael--Satyricon--Savatage--Scale.the.Summit--Septic.Flesh--Seven.Spires--Skalmold--Slough.Feg--Suidakra--Tarot--Therion--Devin.Townsend--Turisas--Vintersorg--Wintersun--Wolfheart--Yyrkoon--1349
    2015: Survivor
    2016: Survivor
    2017: Survivor
    2018: Survivor
    2019: Booked!
    cholernik
    Petty Officer

by cholernik » Wed Dec 04, 2019 1:20 pm

Pellaz wrote:
    Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:51 pm
    cholernik wrote:
    Tue Dec 03, 2019 1:28 pm
    Bob wrote:

If the hotel is in the Fort Lauderdale/Hollywood/Dania Beach area, there's a good chance they have a free shuttle TO the pier (but usually not a free shuttle back). If it's in Miami, then they likely don't have a free shuttle to Port Everglades. (They might do it to PortMiami, but that doesn't help us.)

The hotel I stay at, Quality Inn FLL/Cruiseport South, has a free shuttle TO the pier and they charge $8 for the ride back. They also have free airport shuttles and will take you from the pier to the airport.
    I'm staying in FLL. I know for sure my hotel has an airport shuttle, which yeah, has a shuttle to the port so I'm sure i'll just go that route.
    Bob
    Petty Officer

by Bob » Wed Dec 04, 2019 3:26 pm

Not all hotels offer a shuttle service from the airport or to port. My first experience with this was in 2016 and the pre-party was at Ocean Manor Hotel. That was before Uber was popular and I had sticker shock getting from the airport to the hotel. Riptide doesn't offer any kind of shuttle service.

2. Never seen them live.
Post Reply 9 posts Page 1 of 1