Post Reply 47 posts
Guess the cancellation announcement date
  • User avatar
    ollyhills
    Oiler
    Posts: 49
    Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:07 am
    Location: UK

    Re: Guess the cancellation announcement date

    by ollyhills » Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:19 am

    I’ll take October 26th
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 429
    Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:55 am

    Re: Guess the cancellation announcement date

    by metalforever » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:31 am

    ollyhills wrote:
    Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:19 am
    I’ll take October 26th
    I am going with October 31 Halloween ! for postponement or cancellation .

    Here is a possible suggestion that could work for 2022 , the Super Bowl is being played in Los Angeles on 2/6/22 .
    70000 Tons could happen that weekend starting 2/3/22 and ending 2/7/22 :shred: :shred: :shred:
    departing and returning to Fort Lauderdale Florida as usual .
  • User avatar
    ollyhills
    Oiler
    Posts: 49
    Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2016 2:07 am
    Location: UK

    Re: Guess the cancellation announcement date

    by ollyhills » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:33 am

    I mean this is even assuming we get an official cancellation. I think we all know that it’s not beneath them and their... “unique” levels of customer care to just leave it without saying anything at all
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 429
    Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:55 am

    Re: Guess the cancellation announcement date

    by metalforever » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:04 am

    ollyhills wrote:
    Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:33 am
    I mean this is even assuming we get an official cancellation. I think we all know that it’s not beneath them and their... “unique” levels of customer care to just leave it without saying anything at all
    I have to agree with you , as the song title of Metallica says "Sad but True ".
    From a courtesy vantage point , an official statement is in good taste to hopefully be released this month providing official updates .
  • User avatar
    Gratch
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 449
    Joined: Thu Jan 28, 2016 7:06 am
    Location: Salt Lake City, Utah

    Re: Guess the cancellation announcement date

    by Gratch » Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:58 pm

    I’m guessing there’s still a game of chicken going on between 70k and Royal Caribbean. Neither of them officially wants to cancel because they’ll be on the hook for a ton of $$.

    That could drag out indefinitely.
    Survivor 2016/17/18/19/20

    Ultimate Wishlist Bands
    Anaal Nathrakh - Behemoth - Igorrr - Khemmis - Myrkur - The Ocean - Pallbearer - Sigh - Tribulation - Sentient Horror - Turisas - Wilderun - Witherscape - Zeal & Ardor
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 429
    Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2019 7:55 am

    Re: Guess the cancellation announcement date

    by metalforever » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:15 pm

    I was reading on the FAQ on the Royal Caribbean site and they have a goal of resuming cruises on 12/1/20 , they are attempting as of now . Not clear how the arrive at that date , with no coronavirus vaccine available . I am curious of how theses cruises will work out , if they actually have them . I would say with 99 percent certainty that there is not a way possible to have 70000 Tons in January 2021 ,that is worthwhile and safe .
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign
    Posts: 1229
    Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:38 pm
    Location: Maryland,USA

    Re: Guess the cancellation announcement date

    by deathmetalpat » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:47 pm

    metalforever wrote:
    Tue Oct 13, 2020 6:04 am
    ollyhills wrote:
    Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:33 am
    I mean this is even assuming we get an official cancellation. I think we all know that it’s not beneath them and their... “unique” levels of customer care to just leave it without saying anything at all
    I have to agree with you , as the song title of Metallica says "Sad but True ".
    From a courtesy vantage point , an official statement is in good taste to hopefully be released this month providing official updates .

    Nice to know the World isn’t really changing,it would be great for 70k to do everyone a solid and just cancel it but no probably the same old customer service we gotten used to.MORC changed things up and took over a resort ,thing sold out quickly.Have heard mostly positive things about their customer service,maybe 70k can sell the cruise to them if they decide to bail on everything.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 104 guests