Post Reply 216 posts
Dates and Destination for Round 11, the Tenth Anniversary of 70000TONS OF METAL!
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

Re: Dates and Destination for Round 11, the Tenth Anniversary of 70000TONS OF METAL!

by deathmetalpat » Tue Jun 01, 2021 6:17 am

Remember the questions they asked you before you embarked on the boat before?There might be a question about Covid but more than likely “are you feeling well” at the very most a rapid test but I doubt anything will change.

“ Tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow,
    Creeps in this petty pace from day to day,
    To the last syllable of recorded time;
    And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
    The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
    Covid-19 but a walking shadow, a poor player,
    That struts and frets his hour upon the stage,
    And then is heard no more. It is a tale
    Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
    Signifying nothing.”
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    2018 Got a bad feeling about this Abandon Ship
    2019 This is Fucking Ridiculous
    2020 Bands ,what bands boat is all that matters
    2021 Yeah this isn’t happening
    cowboy71
    Commander

Re: Dates and Destination for Round 11, the Tenth Anniversary of 70000TONS OF METAL!

by cowboy71 » Wed Jun 02, 2021 3:51 pm

One vaccine jab down, one to go in 3 weeks. Then I'll be ready to take on the world!

GIMME SOMETHING TO LOOK FORWARD TO, SKIPPER!!

:death:
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    2021(?) 2022(??) Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
    cegr80
    Ensign

by cegr80 » Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:11 pm

Cruise To The Edge has released their lineup for May 2022.

Come oooon, Skipper!
    2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 Survivor
    202? Wishlist:
    1349|A.Pale.Horse.Named.Death|Aephanemer|Akercocke|Alkaloid|Arcturus|Augury|Avatar|Avslut|Be'lakor|Belzebubs|Black.Crown.Initiate|Borknagar|Carpathian.Forest|Chthonic|Dark.Fortress|Darkthrone|Deicide|Dethklok|Diablo.Swing.Orchestra|Dimmu.Borgir|Dødheimsgard|Edguy|Finsterforst|First.Fragment|Galaktikon|Gamma.Ray|Helmet|Inferi|Irreversible.Mechanism|Kaoteon|Keep.Of.Kalessin|Lillake|Loch.Vostok|Melechesh|Mgła|Micawber|Moonshade|My.Dying.Bride|Nightwish|Nocny.Kochanek|Novembre|Old.Man's.Child|Pallbearer|Pyrexia|Sarke|Satyricon|Schammasch|Scour|Shape.The.Above|Shining(Nor)|Slugdge|Sulphur.Aeon|The.Kovenant|Tomb.Mold|Triptykon|Tryglav|Turisas|Uada|Ulver|Virvum|Wardehns|Watain|Wind.Rose
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:36 pm

All the Covid passport stuff in the USA was just soft power to get people to,volunteer to take the vaccine.
    But nothing will be required outside of the questionnaire, https://www.miamiherald.com/news/busine ... 09713.html
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
  • metalforever
    Chief Petty Officer

by metalforever » Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:30 pm

deathmetalpat wrote:
    Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:36 pm
    All the Covid passport stuff in the USA was just soft power to get people to,volunteer to take the vaccine.
    But nothing will be required outside of the questionnaire, https://www.miamiherald.com/news/busine ... 09713.html
    I am hoping all the cruise lines look deeper at the Covid crisis and make it a mandatory requirement for everyone to take the vaccinations .
    It would be not good at all to be quarantined on a ship due to sickness , when taking the vaccine may have prevented it .

I realize this is a controversial subject and I respect all points of view on this subject , I am merely speaking from a personal perspective of being in a high health risk category and received the 2 doses of the vaccine and would enjoy still going on a cruise without the extra worry of getting sick from the virus.
    To each his and her own with making decisions which is right for them though.
    ollyhills
    Crewman

by ollyhills » Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:06 am

metalforever wrote:
    Fri Jun 04, 2021 8:30 pm
    deathmetalpat wrote:
    Fri Jun 04, 2021 7:36 pm
    I am hoping all the cruise lines look deeper at the Covid crisis and make it a mandatory requirement for everyone to take the vaccinations .
    It would be not good at all to be quarantined on a ship due to sickness , when taking the vaccine may have prevented it .

I realize this is a controversial subject and I respect all points of view on this subject , I am merely speaking from a personal perspective of being in a high health risk category and received the 2 doses of the vaccine and would enjoy still going on a cruise without the extra worry of getting sick from the virus.
    To each his and her own with making decisions which is right for them though.

Only one country on this world would think it’s controversial to suggest people should be vaccinated against a planet-engulfing virus 😂😂😂
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Mon Jun 28, 2021 8:34 am

Good news first ,USA is ahead of the game https://www.cruiseindustrynews.com/crui ... lades.html
    Now the bad news ,due to the insanity of Zero Covid and Reversion to the Mean,the ROW will fight a pointless struggle for at least through this time next year.So basically in a few years every nation in the World will have a similar outcome,when you factor in other variables such as age and health of population.Probably no chance a cruise that depends on people from all over the World happening next flu season.
    Also Vaccines 😂 ,yeah let be tell you that Coronavirus mutations happen faster than other viruses solved by vaccines.But everyone who seriously studied viruses knew that in March 2020 ,also if you think this about nations caring about “your health “ ,I cannot fix that ,only time will fix that virus of the mind.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:21 pm

A rarely seen, reasonably definitive statement from the social media crew!

"Sailors, hear our words, we will carry on and we will all be back on board 70000TONS OF METAL as #soon as possible! In the meantime, let us know, who's on your #wishlist for the next cruise?"

WE WILL CARRY ON AND WE WILL ALL BE BACK ON BOARD AS SOON AS POSSIBLE.

This brings me joy.
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Atlas-Pain-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-In-This-Moment-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Metalite-/-Neopera-/-Orden-Ogan-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Sojourner-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Dark-Element-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-Within-Temptation
  • Godflesh
    Ensign

by Godflesh » Fri Jul 02, 2021 8:10 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:21 pm

"Sailors, hear our words, we will carry on and we will all be back on board 70000TONS OF METAL as #soon as possible! In the meantime, let us know, who's on your #wishlist for the next cruise?"

This brings me joy.
    Come get us, now we’re waiting
    We won’t run and hide!!

slayergeek
    Chief Petty Officer

by slayergeek » Sat Jul 03, 2021 5:09 pm

cowboy71 wrote:
    Fri Jul 02, 2021 3:21 pm

This brings me joy.
    I will take any glimmer of hope I can get, but until we hear from Andy himself, then things are much more in limbo then they should be. With cruises still in flux, I can understand the continued delays but I would appreciate hearing something. Ahh well...he will speak when he is good and ready...just like he always does...not always to his benefit.
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,See_You_In_2022

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • The_Crown-/-Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    cegr80
    Ensign

by cegr80 » Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:43 am

You guys think 2022 is still possible? Perhaps not around February as usual?
    2017, 2018, 2019, 2020 Survivor
    202? Wishlist:
    1349|A.Pale.Horse.Named.Death|Aephanemer|Akercocke|Alkaloid|Arcturus|Augury|Avatar|Avslut|Be'lakor|Belzebubs|Black.Crown.Initiate|Borknagar|Carpathian.Forest|Chthonic|Dark.Fortress|Darkthrone|Deicide|Dethklok|Diablo.Swing.Orchestra|Dimmu.Borgir|Dødheimsgard|Edguy|Finsterforst|First.Fragment|Galaktikon|Gamma.Ray|Helmet|Inferi|Irreversible.Mechanism|Kaoteon|Keep.Of.Kalessin|Lillake|Loch.Vostok|Melechesh|Mgła|Micawber|Moonshade|My.Dying.Bride|Nightwish|Nocny.Kochanek|Novembre|Old.Man's.Child|Pallbearer|Pyrexia|Sarke|Satyricon|Schammasch|Scour|Shape.The.Above|Shining(Nor)|Slugdge|Sulphur.Aeon|The.Kovenant|Tomb.Mold|Triptykon|Tryglav|Turisas|Uada|Ulver|Virvum|Wardehns|Watain|Wind.Rose
  • deathmetalpat
    Ensign

by deathmetalpat » Tue Jul 13, 2021 8:26 am

Geopolitical events with a cruise that was built on global participation isn’t happening,if ever again.Globalhomo is in this to win this ,they are sacrificing everything all their media propaganda from music to movies,sports etc.This is WW3 ,it going to end sometime in 2025 .Just more carrots and sticks unless the masquerade gets too hard to hold.
    2012-14 Survivor
    2015-16 Abandoned Ship
    2017 Returned
    slayergeek
    Chief Petty Officer

by slayergeek » Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:27 am

cegr80 wrote:
    Tue Jul 13, 2021 6:43 am
    Anything is possible, but I would think 2023 is a better bet. Who knows at this point though. I would expect the same Jan/Feb timeframe as anything outside of this offseason would raise the price by quite a bit. Who knows with Andy though. I just want confirmation that there is a plan and it is being executed. The details of plan at this stage are less important.
    Survivor
    • 2014,2015,2016,2017,2018,2019,2020,See_You_In_2022

Absolute_Darkness-Death/Thrash_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/BandAbsoluteDarkness

Thud_Bukit-Death/Comedy_Band_I_am_the_Singer/Guitarist/Drummer/Bassist_for
    • FacebookPage-https://www.facebook.com/Thud-Bukit-100960638505481

70k Bands - Unofficial iPhone/Android_app_of_the_70,000_tons_cruise
    WishList
    • The_Crown-/-Old_Man's_Child-/-Battle_Cross-/-Impaled-/-Dismember-/-Amon_Amarth-/-Dethklok-/-Gruesome-/-Rotten_Sound-/-As_Blood_Runs_Black-/-Through_The_Eyes_Of_The_Dead-/-Testament-/
    Mr.Kito
    Chief Petty Officer

by Mr.Kito » Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:55 am

cegr80 wrote:
    If I was Andy, I would consider doing it in December 2022.

- Close to usual timeframe.
    - Around the time Barge To Hell happened, so it has been done before and it is possible.
    - It would go down to history as only one year without the cruise.
    Wishlist:Accept-After.Forever-Alestorm-Almah-Amorphis-Angra-Annihilator-Body.Count-Cradle.Of.Filth-Chaoseum-Danko.Jones-Dark.Lunacy-Dark.Tranquillity-Deathless.Legacy-DSO-Dimmu.Borgir-Edguy-Edu.Falaschi-Evergrey-Final.Disaster-Gloryhammer-Gotthard-Infected.Rain-In.Flames-Jinjer-Kontrust-Kreator-Mors.Principium.Est-Nervosa-Nightwish-Onslaught-Overkill-Perzonal.War-Primal.Fear-Poisonblack-Queensryche-Rammstein-Raven.Black-Sabaton-Scar.Symmetry-Sepultura-Shaman-SlashySue-Soilwork-Splintered.Halo-Spoil.Engine-Swashbuckle-Torture.Squad-TrollFest-Tuatha.De.Danann-Turisas
    2013, 2014, 2015, 2018-Survivor
    2016, 2017, 2019, 2020- :(
    2021- F### CORONAVIRUS
    2022 - PLEASE

RIP Andre Matos
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sat Jul 17, 2021 5:06 pm

Mr.Kito wrote:
    Thu Jul 15, 2021 8:55 am
    cegr80 wrote:
    If I was Andy, I would consider doing it in December 2022.

- Close to usual timeframe.
    - Around the time Barge To Hell happened, so it has been done before and it is possible.
    - It would go down to history as only one year without the cruise.
    I do like your thinking - I would totally be down for that. Hell, give me enough time to plan and save and I'd be down for doing that and a 2023 70k in Jan/Feb 2023 :D
    Upcoming Gigs:
    **crickets chirping**
    Yippee38
    Crewman

by Yippee38 » Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:22 pm

slayergeek wrote:
    Tue Jul 13, 2021 11:27 am
    Anything is possible, but I would think 2023 is a better bet. Who knows at this point though. I would expect the same Jan/Feb timeframe as anything outside of this offseason would raise the price by quite a bit. Who knows with Andy though. I just want confirmation that there is a plan and it is being executed. The details of plan at this stage are less important.
    You never know. It depends a lot on how many people are going on the cruises that are going now. If they're filling up ships, then you are right. If not, that opens opportunities for cheaper rates at different times of the year. As things progress though, that will likely change rapidly.
Post Reply 216 posts