Locked 12 posts Page 1 of 1
Saturday Night Karaoke
    mooyagi
    Captain

Saturday Night Karaoke

by mooyagi » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:38 pm

So vikingbitch and I are seriously interested in doing Karaoke somewhere on Saturday Night. All the current preparty plans are for Sunday, so that leaves Saturday wide open. Does anyone in the Miami/Ft. Lauderdale area know of a good place for this? Preferably at a dive since those places have the best karaoke nights.

Anybody else interested? And don't worry, I'm an awful singer. We will make karaoke metal :metalguy:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    wildchild
    Chief Petty Officer

Re: Saturday Night Karaoke

by wildchild » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:47 pm

Well from what I´ve heard, Churchills is supposed to be a dive...maybe they have karaoke,,, :metalguy:
    Deck 3 # 3506 2011
    Deck 2 # 2599 2012
    Of all the things I´ve lost, I miss my mind the most...

70000 TONS SURVIVOR 2011
    70000 TONS SURVIVOR 2012
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:55 pm

we have no plans yet for the time after the Miami Heat game
    joining such a karaoke meeting might be an option
    but we don't intend to make any plans and just do what we feel like that night
    wishlist '19:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    wildchild
    Chief Petty Officer

by wildchild » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:57 pm

wildchild wrote:Well from what I´ve heard, Churchills is supposed to be a dive...maybe they have karaoke,,, :metalguy:

Forgot the link http://www.churchillspub.com/
    Deck 3 # 3506 2011
    Deck 2 # 2599 2012
    Of all the things I´ve lost, I miss my mind the most...

70000 TONS SURVIVOR 2011
    70000 TONS SURVIVOR 2012
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:04 pm

wildchild wrote:
    wildchild wrote:Well from what I´ve heard, Churchills is supposed to be a dive...maybe they have karaoke,,, :metalguy:

Seems like a cool place, but it looks like they have a concert scheduled for that day. Vikingbitch is going to do some research on a place, and I will too. If I find anything I'll be sure to post it here.
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:05 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    wildchild wrote:

Seems like a cool place, but it looks like they have a concert scheduled for that day. Vikingbitch is going to do some research on a place, and I will too. If I find anything I'll be sure to post it here.

thanks for the research and for keeping us updated
    wishlist '19:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Location: Bakersfield<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth

by Disaster Area » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:29 pm

Have you ever seen the standard karaoke list in most places, metal tunes are usually sparse to non-existent...
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

11,12,14,15,16, noshow 2017
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:34 pm

Disaster Area wrote:Have you ever seen the standard karaoke list in most places, metal tunes are usually sparse to non-existent...

They generally have a wide assortment of rock tunes as well. It's all fun, regardless.
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:26 pm

Disaster Area wrote:Have you ever seen the standard karaoke list in most places, metal tunes are usually sparse to non-existent...

Meh Its all about getting loaded and singing your drunken heart out, could care less on the selection - its like that everywhere you go though. Its standard here to only find an odd Metallica, Megadeth, Iron Maiden song etc in a karaoke selection.

I just want to get drunk and sing in Miami, and doesn't have to be a formally scheduled thing (unless that's what you were hoping for Mooyagi) but I'm assuming that once we settle on a place it will just be posted where and when for those who might have time to pop in or stay the night with us! If necessary that contact information needs to be established then so be it. Should be a hell of a lot of fun though! :heavydrink: :beerwink: :givebeer: :headbanger:
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:40 pm

Me and some friends were at a bar after the Iron Maiden concert in June. It was pretty empty except for some Maiden fans..Karaoke turned into metalkoke

That was funny! Death vocals to the "standards"..pretty funny...
    7 Time Vet.
    Wishlist--Accept,GRIMREAPER!!!,WASP,ArmoredSaint,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph.Scorpions,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,MorsPrincpiumEst,
    Exmortus,TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds For those who are sailing with us in honour
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:29 pm

an Ex of mine used to do a deathmetal version of "American Woman"...."stay the fuck away from me-ee" all growled, and unsuspecting peeps were pretty shocked! it was hilarious.

i am 100% jealous of you guys who do karaoke on sat. night! i am not arriving until Sunday afternoon. HAVE A BLAST!
    2019 wishlist: Jon Oliva / Savatage, Ihsahn, Soen, Gojira, Jorn, Atheist, Emperor, Madder Mortem, Gorguts, Devin Townsend, Be'lakor, Shining, Bal Sagoth, Isole, Eleventh Hour, Daylight Dies, Luciferion, Alarum, Rivers of Nihil
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Jan 03, 2011 11:55 pm

Here in Finland we had karaoke nights in every metal bar in Helsinki at least once a week. Those were called Hevi- and Heavykaraoke check the song lists here: http://www.hevikaraoke.fi/v2009/pages/hevikaraoke-levysarja.php.

It was fun at first but pretty soon everyone got sick of it. So no karaoke for me.
    Wishlist:
    SABATON / ARKONA / STUCK MOJO / HEIDEVOLK / KILPI / SLAYER
    FOLK METAL / THRASH METAL
Locked 12 posts Page 1 of 1