Locked 2398 posts
70K 2012 Rumours
    KevinP
    Commander

Re: 70K 2012 Rumours

by KevinP » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:42 am

Throwing this out there in the pipe dream that it happens

CANDLEMASS with Johan, Messiah and Ro each signing their perspective songs. :death: :death: :death:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Alex Fields
    Chief Petty Officer

by Alex Fields » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:07 am

I'm not sure if someone have already mencioned it but I bet at least one or two more bands of these list from Heaven and Hell fest will be onbroad!:

Megadeth (Usa), Over Kill (Usa), Fear Factory (Usa), Moonspell (Portugal), Kataklysm (Canada), Brujeria (Usa), All Shall Perish (Usa), Destruction (Alemania), Mayan (Holanda), Dark Funeral (Suecia) Tristania (Noruega), Wehrmacht (Usa), Within The Ruins (Usa), Vital Remains (Usa), Lizzy Borden (Usa), Pro-Fe-Cia (Usa), Black Oil (Brasil/Usa), Panzerfaust (Canada) |
    Cheers!

Cab: 3500 G

Wishlist: Allen-Lande, Apocalyptica, Avantasia, Children Of Bodom, Dimmu Borgir, Edguy, , Epica, Kamelot, Lacuna Coil, Nightwish, Northern Kings, Mago de Oz, Ozzy, Powerwolf, Tarot, Therion, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius, Symphony X, Syrens Call, Within Temptation
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:10 am

SlaytanicE21 wrote:Let's not forget about Orphaned Land. Mexico show January 28, 2012. :ugeek:

Yeah man, I've been really pining for this announcement for a while now. My fingers are very crossed.
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

Monmisreal
    Lieutenant

by Monmisreal » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:22 am

cycosurgeon wrote:Funny how a band that inspired Pariah, Satan, Sabbat, Skyclad and god knows who else, is a small band, who has to pay to play.

Im reading his post as pay to get there. Costs of getting to miami and back probably outweighs what theyd get paid. Thats what I assumed when Sabaton said they lost money going on the cruise, but would still do it again.
    junkhead13
    Chief Petty Officer

by junkhead13 » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:32 am

Monmisreal wrote:Im reading his post as pay to get there. Costs of getting to miami and back probably outweighs what theyd get paid. Thats what I assumed when Sabaton said they lost money going on the cruise, but would still do it again.

Yeah, that is what the guy from Arsis said as well... they had to pay to get down to Miami, but once there it was all free. I'm sure they got paid a bit as well.
    Have a good time...all the time.
    WizardBeast
    Captain

by WizardBeast » Wed Oct 12, 2011 10:15 am

Monmisreal wrote:
    cycosurgeon wrote:Funny how a band that inspired Pariah, Satan, Sabbat, Skyclad and god knows who else, is a small band, who has to pay to play.

Im reading his post as pay to get there. Costs of getting to miami and back probably outweighs what theyd get paid. Thats what I assumed when Sabaton said they lost money going on the cruise, but would still do it again.

yeah same with Voivod, they paid to fly down from Quebec and that was pricy for them, but didn't pay to be onbroad of course, i'm sure no one did.
    2011, Barge to Hell, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2020 SOOOOON
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:50 pm

viathyn wrote:
    SlaytanicE21 wrote:Let's not forget about Orphaned Land. Mexico show January 28, 2012. :ugeek:

Yeah man, I've been really pining for this announcement for a while now. My fingers are very crossed.

That would be great! :deathhorns:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:04 pm

KDibildox wrote:
    viathyn wrote:

That would be great! :deathhorns:

Indeed it would
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Wed Oct 12, 2011 9:27 pm

Orphaned Land?
    I hope so!!

I wouldn't be surprised if Soilwork are added to the cruise.

I hear rumors and see what other peoples rumors are but I hope the Hypocrisy rumors come true!!

:dreams:

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, Rippikoulu, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Bewitcher, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:46 am

hypocrisy would nice to.

still hoping for turisas though
    and hopefully heidevolk of course. that would be totally awesome

and i heard heidevolk does have quite a realistic chance of being abroad...

ow btw, we spoke to alestorm this weekend and apparently they are booked for the cruise
    HOWEVER
    they are also booked for another gig at the same date....
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:20 am

Dutchguy-Tim wrote:hypocrisy would nice to.

still hoping for turisas though
    and hopefully heidevolk of course. that would be totally awesome

and i heard heidevolk does have quite a realistic chance of being abroad...

ow btw, we spoke to alestorm this weekend and apparently they are booked for the cruise
    HOWEVER
    they are also booked for another gig at the same date....

well, they know what they need to do... cancel that other gig
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Rab
    Chief Petty Officer

by Rab » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:33 am

has anyone been checking euro magazines for the adds cause they seem to anounce the bands before the festival dose
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:40 am

I get Metal Hammer (UK) and Terrorizer magazines here (Australia) and I see the same adds as they are on the web.
    But they would have had to print the adds weeks before right?

mmm, interesting!! :boobs:

Wish list: Grand Magus, ARCTURUS, Borknagar, SIGH, Vastum, ABSU, Temple of Void, Frozen Crown, Rippikoulu, King Diamond/Mercyful Fate, Bewitcher, Kawir, Vuur, Chthonic, Cemetery Urn, Tombs, Acid Witch, Slough Feg
    Rab
    Chief Petty Officer

by Rab » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:45 am

Cardest wrote:I get Metal Hammer (UK) and Terrorizer magazines here (Australia) and I see the same adds as they are on the web.
    But they would have had to print the adds weeks before right?

mmm, interesting!! :boobs:

yeah man some of the printed acts showed tankard and riot before there announcments
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:52 am

KevinP wrote:
    cycosurgeon wrote:
    SatansWrath wrote:I spoke to the singer in Hell now on the sweden rock cruise 6-7 oct, the band from UK with occult undertones in their songs, they said they tried really hard to get to the cruise, said that smaller band like them acctually have to pay their way to the cruise. BUt really wanted to go.

official video here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpkuYxyY ... r_embedded

Would like to upload a pic with him and me and the guitarist from the band but this site is quite lame.

Funny how a band that inspired Pariah, Satan, Sabbat, Skyclad and god knows who else, is a small band, who has to pay to play.

But at least it confirms my theory that Blackguard, SwashCrapple, Cripper and a couple other bands were label payoff bands.

Highly doubt they had to pay. The Absence got paid $500 plus a free cruise.

I'd actualy say more than likely Blackguard did pay in for the cruise.It's not like most people think they are the best thing since sliced bread and they are still quite an unknown band.I'd say more than likely some of the tour supports they have been doing were pay ins aswell.There is no way a band like that would get all those support slots unless every single band they supported was either off the same lable company or had the same tour manager.
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:55 am

By the way pay ins on tours are not that uncommon.
    As for hell i am not surprised they would have to pay on.
    They may at one time have been a legendary band but there followers are few .They've hit a few festivals and are starting to make a bit of a comeback but stil haev a long way to go.Also the bands mentioned here that they influenced well i'm pretty sure those bands mentioned have full time jobs because they don't make enugh to live on by just being in a band.It's also a reason why said bands don't tour and gig that juch either.Job complications etc ;)
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:59 am

Metalwrath wrote:I'd actualy say more than likely Blackguard did pay in for the cruise.It's not like most people think they are the best thing since sliced bread and they are still quite an unknown band.I'd say more than likely some of the tour supports they have been doing were pay ins aswell.There is no way a band like that would get all those support slots unless every single band they supported was either off the same lable company or had the same tour manager.

I heard the reason Blackguard get so many shows is that they buy prostitutes for the guy that owns the promotion companies in North America. Same goes for a lot of bands apparently. I don't know how much truth there is to that but that's just something I heard.
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:06 am

Stained Class wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:I'd actualy say more than likely Blackguard did pay in for the cruise.It's not like most people think they are the best thing since sliced bread and they are still quite an unknown band.I'd say more than likely some of the tour supports they have been doing were pay ins aswell.There is no way a band like that would get all those support slots unless every single band they supported was either off the same lable company or had the same tour manager.

I heard the reason Blackguard get so many shows is that they buy prostitutes for the guy that owns the promotion companies in North America. Same goes for a lot of bands apparently. I don't know how much truth there is to that but that's just something I heard.

Last edited by Metalwrath on Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
    Rab
    Chief Petty Officer

by Rab » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:10 am

Stained Class wrote:

John Findberg like hookers not surprized at all but i want to find some truth to this rumour im gonna ask them myself
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:18 am

Rab wrote:
    Stained Class wrote:

John Findberg like hookers not surprized at all but i want to find some truth to this rumour im gonna ask them myself

John Findberg is his name eh?
    Quick google search yields this:

http://www.smnnews.com/2007/09/25/socie ... ews.com%29

"A mutual agreement was made between both Sin and John Finberg which put Sin into THE REVOLTING COCKS without an audition. “All I know is that some deal was put in place between the two of them. It must have been an amazing situation that was worked out because Sin didn’t even have to audition. A few phone calls were made and he was in the band” stated Zane."

Interesting...
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    Bentz!
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Bentz! » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:39 am

Finberg is also the booking agent for Overkill (First Row Talent) and a bunch of other big and not so big names in metal. He is also the guy behind the Enter the Vault ticketing service.
    From what I heard a while back, in order for one of his "big four caliber bands" to play the cruise, some of his b-listers would also have to be onbroad. This is where the "Blackguard may be a repeat for 2012" rumors came from and is a good reason to believe that either some of the lesser known bands in his stable will be the "filler" bands for 70k Tons 2012 or on the Barge to Hell.
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:44 am

Actually i forgot about that contract with festivals.
    Yeah a lot of bigger bands wil only play at festivals if one or more of the bands on tour with them are booked for the festival.

2 prime examples of this which angered many metal fans at festivals in the past were these :

Iron Maiden only playing at festivals is Avengeed Sevenfold were also given a festival slot.
    Manowar only playing metal festivals if both Metalforce and Holyhell were given slots.

It's a dick move to do by any band or tour manager because it screws good bands out of getting festival spots.
    Rab
    Chief Petty Officer

by Rab » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:46 am

Bentz! wrote:Finberg is also the booking agent for Overkill (First Row Talent) and a bunch of other big and not so big names in metal. He is also the guy behind the Enter the Vault ticketing service.
    From what I heard a while back, in order for one of his "big four caliber bands" to play the cruise, some of his b-listers would also have to be onbroad. This is where the "Blackguard may be a repeat for 2012" rumors came from and is a good reason to believe that either some of the lesser known bands in his stable will be the "filler" bands for 70k Tons 2012 or on the Barge to Hell.

yeah blackguard told me the same thing its smart on him cause if people want to book his bands they will take them but at the sametime its a total douche bag move in some aspects

he himself is also a bit of a dick in the way that the man cant even give you a fuck off if you ask him a question or inquire about his services i can get your not interested but be polite and tlel me that not ignor me but thats the way of most record label people
    Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:53 am

Bentz! wrote:Finberg is also the booking agent for Overkill (First Row Talent) and a bunch of other big and not so big names in metal. He is also the guy behind the Enter the Vault ticketing service.

HAHAHAHA that means Blackguard will probably be on Barge To Hell. Sucks for all you PM haters!
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band

I run a festival
    cycosurgeon
    Lieutenant

by cycosurgeon » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:44 am

Metalwrath wrote:Actually i forgot about that contract with festivals.
    Yeah a lot of bigger bands wil only play at festivals if one or more of the bands on tour with them are booked for the festival.

2 prime examples of this which angered many metal fans at festivals in the past were these :

Iron Maiden only playing at festivals is Avengeed Sevenfold were also given a festival slot.
    Manowar only playing metal festivals if both Metalforce and Holyhell were given slots.

It's a dick move to do by any band or tour manager because it screws good bands out of getting festival spots.

Is Majesty/Metal Force any good live?
    2011: Cruise Survivor
    2012: Cruise & Forum Survivor

...So was Laura beside the chieftains
    like the bright-growing ash beside the thorn-bush...
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:56 am

cycosurgeon wrote:

Majesty and Metalforce are completly seperate bands.
    Majesty are fucking awesome live.Metalforce is a big steaming heap of shit.It was basically a new band/project that was formed when a certain member of MCM advised Tarek to change the bands name.As a result 2 of the members of Majesty immdeiatly quit.
    I am not sure if the original members have rejoined now that Majesty is back.
    But if you are ever lucky enough to have the chance see Majesty live.you won't regret it.
    cycosurgeon
    Lieutenant

by cycosurgeon » Thu Oct 13, 2011 10:59 am

Metalwrath wrote:
    cycosurgeon wrote:

Majesty and Metalforce are completly seperate bands.
    Majesty are fucking awesome live.Metalforce is a big steaming heap of shit.It was basically a new band/project that was formed when a certain member of MCM advised Tarek to change the bands name.As a result 2 of the members of Majesty immdeiatly quit.
    I am not sure if the original members have rejoined now that Majesty is back.
    But if you are ever lucky enough to have the chance see Majesty live.you won't regret it.

ahh....will do.

I am still waiting for another Dawnrider cd, I had fun with the last one with all the underground guest vocalists, but I can't imagine it selling very well.

• Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:02 am

I asked Tarek last year when they were supporting Manowar .Metalforce and Holy hell joined everyone for drinks after.I asked him about Dawnrider and he said he does intened to make a second album and he already had the lyrics written for it.He was gnna join us drinking the other week in Stuttgart but was bsut with helping the organsiation for hamer of doom.
    One of my friends knows him well so i will ask him to ask him whats hapening about it.
    cycosurgeon
    Lieutenant

by cycosurgeon » Thu Oct 13, 2011 11:15 am

Metalwrath wrote:I asked Tarek last year when they were supporting Manowar .Metalforce and Holy hell joined everyone for drinks after.I asked him about Dawnrider and he said he does intened to make a second album and he already had the lyrics written for it.He was gnna join us drinking the other week in Stuttgart but was bsut with helping the organsiation for hamer of doom.
    One of my friends knows him well so i will ask him to ask him whats hapening about it.

Cool Beans!!

Ecliptica
    Ensign

by Ecliptica » Sat Oct 15, 2011 1:33 pm

Ecliptica wrote:CoB is one of my cabinmates favorite bands.

I told her there was a "very good chance" that they'd be on the cruise this year and that's the only reason she booked. She's going to hate me if they don't end up on this thing :-/

Bahaha, not a liar!

Got a text from her a few minutes ago: "HOLY SHIT!!! THAT JUST MADE MY WHOLE YEAR!"

And then. . ."BTW, when are you planning on getting tickets for the flight to Florida?"

Oops!
    cycosurgeon
    Lieutenant

by cycosurgeon » Sat Oct 15, 2011 2:19 pm

Ecliptica wrote:
    Ecliptica wrote:CoB is one of my cabinmates favorite bands.

I told her there was a "very good chance" that they'd be on the cruise this year and that's the only reason she booked. She's going to hate me if they don't end up on this thing :-/

Bahaha, not a liar!

Got a text from her a few minutes ago: "HOLY SHIT!!! THAT JUST MADE MY WHOLE YEAR!"

And then. . ."BTW, when are you planning on getting tickets for the flight to Florida?"

Oops!

I hope she is hot so we have something to look at instead of COB!!

:shred: :shred: :shred: :shred:

if not...........

Go Go Go Beer Googles activate!

:P :P :P :P :ugeek: :ugeek: :ugeek:

KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:30 pm

cycosurgeon wrote:I hope she is hot so we have something to look at instead of COB!!

But that would require you to attend a COB set? Decisions, decisions. ;)
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Sat Oct 15, 2011 4:47 pm

Here is a rumor for ya, the next 12 announcements will be absolutely killer bands!
    That would be excellent since so far we have a less than stellar line up.
    Come UMC step up and sign some bands to be proud of!!!!!!!!
    2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:08 pm

STACH100 wrote:Here is a rumor for ya, the next 12 announcements will be absolutely killer bands!

While I respect the "power of your mustache" I can't get onbroad with your sentiment. Lineup so far easily beats last year for me.

WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    cycosurgeon
    Lieutenant

by cycosurgeon » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:13 pm

KevinP wrote:
    cycosurgeon wrote:I hope she is hot so we have something to look at instead of COB!!

Ack! Trapped by own personality flaws! Damn!!

So what are the "almost" confirmed rumors again?

Primordial?
    Orphaned Land?

lol and I forget who else

KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Sat Oct 15, 2011 5:31 pm

cycosurgeon wrote:
    KevinP wrote:

Ack! Trapped by own personality flaws! Damn!!

So what are the "almost" confirmed rumors again?

Primordial?
    Orphaned Land?

lol and I forget who else

Just Primordial now that Alestorm was announced. I have a "bead" on another one, but it was never really a rumor or info that was leaked ;)
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:31 pm

Orphaned Land and Primordial, that would be totally excellent on a massive scale.

Cardest
    Midshipman

by Cardest » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:35 pm

I see COB are now on this cruise. Doesn't really bother me much unless they play the entire Hate Crew Deathroll album, then I'm there!!

COB were rumoured and that came true.

Let us hope Primordial is indeed a reality for the cruise of hate!!

Cardest Carne
    El Presidente of the Dangerous Fans
    and the Fivey Group

• Keuf
    Petty Officer

by Keuf » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:22 am

STACH100 wrote:Here is a rumor for ya, the next 12 announcements will be absolutely killer bands!

What is your source Stach?
    tommo76
    Crewman

by tommo76 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 2:53 am

I think the Lineup is okay so far. So far a good mix between some heavy bands and some melodic stuff as well. And the bands which have been announced so far are really not bad. And there are still 13 more bands to come at least. So maybe there will be some more surprises coming.
Locked 2398 posts