Post Reply 7521 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2012 Megathread
    Amyphis
    Petty Officer

Re: The Ones That Survived The Lake Of Bodom!

by Amyphis » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:16 am

AlaskaRachel wrote:
    STACH100 wrote:In the US we celebrate Christmas starting the day after Halloween and don't stop till after New Years.

Truth
    I know my family has the Christmas tree up already :roll:
    SWALLOW THE SUN, RAPTURE, AHAB, SATURNUS, DRACONIAN, KATATONIA, ESOTERIC, ISOLE, DAYLIGHT DIES, INSOMNIUM, AMORPHIS, GHOST BATH, HARAKIRI FOR THE SKY, OCEANS OF SLUMBER, EVERGREY

2012: 5578 2018: 7624
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016: 7320
    2017: 7624
    Amyphis
    Petty Officer

by Amyphis » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:33 am

Then imagine haveing to look at Christmas from the first week of September until January 1 for 10 hours a day and listen to Chrismas music from November 1 until Christmas Eve. I work in a department store and it gets old very quickly. You would never know it was the holiday season by going into my apartment. I have to get away from it somewhere. This cruise is really looking good to me and I don't really care who the next 12 bands are.
    SWALLOW THE SUN, RAPTURE, AHAB, SATURNUS, DRACONIAN, KATATONIA, ESOTERIC, ISOLE, DAYLIGHT DIES, INSOMNIUM, AMORPHIS, GHOST BATH, HARAKIRI FOR THE SKY, OCEANS OF SLUMBER, EVERGREY

2012: 5578 2018: 7624
    2014: 9554
    2015: 2633
    2016: 7320
    2017: 7624
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:41 am

Amyphis wrote:Then imagine haveing to look at Christmas from the first week of September until January 1 for 10 hours a day and listen to Chrismas music from November 1 until Christmas Eve. I work in a department store and it gets old very quickly. You would never know it was the holiday season by going into my apartment. I have to get away from it somewhere. This cruise is really looking good to me and I don't really care who the next 12 bands are.

Does your department store sell guns???? Would be very dangerous to work there.. :lol:

Oh, wait, you're from Texas --OF COURSE YOU SELL GUNS!!

:pound:

I despise Christmas --I usually go to work cuz I get lots done when there is no one around.
    8 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:18 pm

KevinP wrote:
    AlaskaRachel wrote:
    STACH100 wrote:In the US we celebrate Christmas starting the day after Halloween and don't stop till after New Years.

Truth

put ours up yesterday. Put that in your pipe and smoke it :P :P

For my family, it's always been Thanksgiving-New Years. It's the shit before All Hallow's Eve that really makes my dick itch.
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    Laura
    Commander

by Laura » Sun Nov 27, 2011 2:56 pm

KevinP wrote:
    AlaskaRachel wrote:

Truth

put ours up yesterday. Put that in your pipe and smoke it :P :P

ImageImageImage

:lol: love those smilies...we're putting up our two trees tonight! (one in the living room near the front window and one in the back of the house in the family room)
    :D They'll stay up until after New Years.
    2009-Wacken-2010-Wacken-2011-70K-Lollapalooza-HoleInTheSky-2012-70K-ColdWaves-2013-Lollapalooza-ColdWaves-2014-ProgNationAtSea-Pitchfork-RiotFest-ColdWaves-2015-RockLegendsCruise-CruiseToTheEdge-2016-ChicagoOpenAir-2017-70K!!
  • Max_Rockwell
    Chief Petty Officer

by Max_Rockwell » Sun Nov 27, 2011 8:45 pm

I haven't been around this place in while, but have been checking the band list site regurlarly.

Did they forget they have 12 more bands to book? I'm puzzled. Are they gonna drop us a huge list of bands on christmas or something?
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:04 pm

Max_Rockwell wrote:I haven't been around this place in while, but have been checking the band list site regurlarly.

Did they forget they have 12 more bands to book? I'm puzzled. Are they gonna drop us a huge list of bands on christmas or something?

Hey Max! Welcome back :)

There has been much bitching and moaning regarding the lack of updates - last was on 15 October so its like 40+ days without an announcement!

People have contacted UMC but merely got a cookie-cutter response of 'stay tuned more coming SOON blah blah blah'

Current thinking is that they maybe will do a "12 bands of xmas" series of announcements, which would mean we won't be getting any announcements until Xmas day :(
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:10 pm

I think they'll announce Orphaned Land for Chanukah, and I bet there is a Pagan celebration the can announce Primordial for... maybe a newer band for New Year's...
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:29 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:I think they'll announce Orphaned Land for Chanukah, and I bet there is a Pagan celebration the can announce Primordial for... maybe a newer band for New Year's...

Winter Solstice for Primordial would be suitable. It's the old pagan celebration (the German Yule, from which the Finnish joulu and Swedish jul meaning Christmas come from; Roman Saturnalia is another) )way older than Christmas. Come to think of it, announcing Primordial on Saturnalia would be great. "Sing to the slaves that Rome burns!"
    Wishlist:
    GIRLIE METAL / OLD SCHOOL DEATH METAL / DOOM METAL
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Sun Nov 27, 2011 10:34 pm

Memnoch wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:I think they'll announce Orphaned Land for Chanukah, and I bet there is a Pagan celebration the can announce Primordial for... maybe a newer band for New Year's...

Winter Solstice for Primordial would be suitable. It's the old pagan celebration (the German Yule, from which the Finnish joulu and Swedish jul meaning Christmas come from; Roman Saturnalia is another) )way older than Christmas. Come to think of it, announcing Primordial on Saturnalia would be great. "Sing to the slaves that Rome burns!"

yup, that works
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:30 am

Memnoch wrote:

the closest pagan "celebration" is the mid-winter. which is about next week....

for those who don't know. mid-winter is NOT the half winter, but the start of winter.
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:02 am

Wishlist:
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:07 am

Dutchguy-Tim wrote:for those who don't know. mid-winter is NOT the half winter, but the start of winter.

Maybe down south it is. Usually winter starts here in late October, except this year it is really late...
    I've always been told that Midwinter (or Winter Solstice) marks the shortest day of the year which is December 22nd this year.
    Wishlist:
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:09 am

They announce announce anything on "special days". Stop applying logical to this situation.
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Tyr
    Chief Petty Officer

by Tyr » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:40 am

KevinP wrote:They announce announce anything on "special days". Stop applying logical to this situation.

I'm jumping up and down like a psycho circus clown
    :viking:
    wut3v4
    Petty Officer

by wut3v4 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:54 am

Well, I wouldn't exactly call that "celebrating." It's more like advertising. And some places start advertising for Christmas as soon as the 4th of July ends! So much advertising almost makes you forget it's a holiday. It's more like a big long-term sale (with many inflated prices ironically)
    STACH100
    Sub-Lieutenant

by STACH100 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:03 am

OK I have an Announcement....
    MERRY CHRISTMAS to all of our fellow Metal Cruise Mates
    from Stach and Sue...

2011 6084
    2012 9560
    2013 9574
    2014 TBA
    Alex Fields
    Chief Petty Officer

by Alex Fields » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:09 am

cowboy71 wrote:
    There has been much bitching and moaning regarding the lack of updates

never enough bitching!! :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: :roll: ... little rest to take a breath ... :? :shock: :bitch: :bitch: :bitch: !!!

cowboy71 wrote:Current thinking is that they maybe will do a "12 bands of xmas" series of announcements, which would mean we won't be getting any announcements until Xmas day :(

They didn't do that on Halloween, thay didn't do that on 11.11.11, I really don't think they're waiting for Christmas to do anything my friend
    Cheers!

Cab: 3500 G

Wishlist: Allen-Lande, Apocalyptica, Avantasia, Children Of Bodom, Dimmu Borgir, Edguy, , Epica, Kamelot, Lacuna Coil, Nightwish, Northern Kings, Mago de Oz, Ozzy, Powerwolf, Tarot, Therion, Sonata Arctica, Stratovarius, Symphony X, Syrens Call, Within Temptation
    Tyr
    Chief Petty Officer

by Tyr » Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:21 am

Passionfruit wrote:bitching about announcements is so outdated these days

It seems bitching about announcements never gonna get outdated
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:00 pm

ok, that was a translation error midwinter and winter solstice.
    but it's not the same as yule, as yule is the festival for the return of the light
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    Memnoch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Memnoch » Mon Nov 28, 2011 12:42 pm

^Well, the Nordic Yule is both Winter Solstice and "the return of light" - because days are getting longer after that.

I guess there's small differences in different countries on how and what is celebrated. But I think we both agree that Christmas is a much older celebration than Christianity, hence "pagan celebration"? :cheers:
    And, Saturnalia still suits the Primordial announcement.
    Wishlist:
    Neck-Wrecker
    Petty Officer

by Neck-Wrecker » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:00 pm

Tyr wrote:

It seems bitching about announcements never gonna get outdated

I am doing my best not to worry about it...not having a lot of success
    Wishlist: HYPOCRISY, INTESTINE BAALISM, SIGH, MANOWAR, IMMORTAL, EQUILIBRIUM, MUNICIPAL WASTE, ACCEPT, HEATHEN, HOLY GRAIL, MANEGARM, PAGAN REIGN, DISMEMBER

Josh
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:09 pm

That would be the 70,000 Tons Of Hipsters cruise...

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    Neck-Wrecker
    Petty Officer

by Neck-Wrecker » Mon Nov 28, 2011 2:40 pm

DrinkMoxie wrote:

Oh man...I'm in the twin cities...the de facto hub of all things hipster. There are a few parts of Minneapolis where you would not believe the sheer volume of it
    Wishlist: HYPOCRISY, INTESTINE BAALISM, SIGH, MANOWAR, IMMORTAL, EQUILIBRIUM, MUNICIPAL WASTE, ACCEPT, HEATHEN, HOLY GRAIL, MANEGARM, PAGAN REIGN, DISMEMBER

Josh
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:06 pm

Neck-Wrecker wrote:
    DrinkMoxie wrote:

Oh man...I'm in the twin cities...the de facto hub of all things hipster. There are a few parts of Minneapolis where you would not believe the sheer volume of it

Minneapolis is SO 1 hour ago...

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:32 pm

2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

Steve110
    Petty Officer

by Steve110 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:32 pm

You guys keep talking about announcements on certain days or holidays... Has UMC ever announced a band on a holiday or in reference to a certain special day? It seems like it's always been more of 'when they feel like it.'
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:34 pm

Steve110 wrote:You guys keep talking about announcements on certain days or holidays... Has UMC ever announced a band on a holiday or in reference to a certain special day? It seems like it's always been more of 'when they feel like it.'

Couldn't agree more. UMC blocks out reality as much as humanly possible when it comes to they way they operate :heavydrink:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Digimortal
    Chief Petty Officer

by Digimortal » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:38 pm

At this point I could imagine they will release an announcement which is completely the same as the previous one lol
    Survivor of:
    2011: Cabin 6526
    2012: Cabin 4051
    2013: Cabin 2525
    2014: Cabin 3015
    2015: Cabin 8687
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Nov 28, 2011 4:58 pm

I don't even remember what an announcement is at this point :lol: . Regardless of announcements, I can wait for it to be cruise time! :bangers:
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    Ravenlord
    Lieutenant-Commander

by Ravenlord » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:00 pm

It's starting to feel realllllly close! :beerwink:
    Absolute Steel-::-Brainstorm-::-Cage-::-Candlemass-::-Dalriada-::-Dark Moor-::-Demons-&-Wizards-::-Diabolical-Masterpiece-::-GWAR-::-Impellitteri-::-Iron-Savior-::-Krux-::-Madder-Mortem-::-Nocturnal-Rites-::-Schandmaul-::-Tad-Morose-::-Terasbetoni-::-Vhäldemar-::-W.A.S.P
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:00 pm

I know! so exciting!
    Digimortal
    Chief Petty Officer

by Digimortal » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:07 pm

Still getting more and more excited every day! Cant wait to meet you guys!!!
    Survivor of:
    2011: Cabin 6526
    2012: Cabin 4051
    2013: Cabin 2525
    2014: Cabin 3015
    2015: Cabin 8687
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:07 pm

Indeed! Shit, I'm flying back home FROM the cruise two months from now
    I should get around to updating my signature
    cowboy71
    Commander

by cowboy71 » Mon Nov 28, 2011 5:23 pm

Looks like November is going to be the first month ever since December 2009 when we have heard NOTHING AT ALL from UMC.

(There was no band announcements in June 2010 but there were two cryptic messages about where the boat was headed.)

Really disappointing :(

On the issue of holiday announcements, Destruction and Malevolent Creation were announced close to xmas, and there have been a few messages around holidays (xmas/new years greetings, etc):

2009 Dec 25 Christmas wishe
    2009 Dec 31 New Years wishes
    2010 Oct 30 Cryptic post on Halloween, but not actually tied into Halloween in any way
    2010 Dec 24 Destruction/Malevolent Creation
    2010 Dec 26 Cabin upgrades for earlybirds
    2011 Jan 01 Testament playing special shows
    Upcoming Gigs:
    Apocalyptica-/-Turilli Leone's Rhapsody-/-Fleshgod-Apocaplypse-/-Kalmah-/-Michael-Sweet-/-Halestorm
    2020 Wishlist
    Almanac-/-Ancient-Bards-/-Avantasia-/-Battlelore-/-Beast-In-Black-/-Believer-/-Bloodbound-/-Brothers-of-Metal-/-Civil-War-/-Circus-Maximus-/-Claymorean-/-Dark-Moor-/-Dark-Sarah-/-Demons-&-Wizards-/-Diabulus-In-Musica-/-Edguy-/-Elvenking-/-Ex-Libris-/-Exit-Eden-/-Frozen-Crown-/-Galderia-/-Heavatar-/-Jaldaboath-/-Kaledon-/-Kalidia-/-Living-Sacrifice-/-Magnum-/-Neopera-/-Pathfinder-/-Poisonblack-/-Powerwolf-/-The-Privateer-/-Pythia-/-Ravenia-/-Revamp-/-Running-Wild-/-Serenity-/-Sleeping-Romance-/-Tarot-/-Ten-/-Thaurorod-/-The-Skull-/-Tourniquet-/-Trick-or-Treat-/-Trillium-/-Unisonic-/-Valhalore-/-
    Neck-Wrecker
    Petty Officer

by Neck-Wrecker » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:28 pm

My fear is I won't actually meet anyone from the forum....
    How many people are on the cruise?

Unless we organize a meet/greet/shots event, I doubt anyone will recognize me as I wasn't on the first cruise.

If you see a tall blonde dude that is energeticly enjoying the sets (in comparison to those around him), its probably me. I swear, half the shows I go to I am rockin out while being surriounded by shoegazers and wallflowers.

PS It is OK to be a shoegazer if you want, everyone enjoyes music all their own way. BUT....if its a thrash show, or a death show, and your ass is as motionless as Nile is when they play.....lame. I like to think that fans should at least bring as much energy as the band! Which is why Municipal Waste/Alestorm/Finntroll and the like are such great live bands. Also probably why Anthrax is one of the "Big Four"...Energy means a lot

Josh
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:29 pm

Neck-Wrecker wrote:My fear is I won't actually meet anyone from the forum....
    How many people are on the cruise?

Unless we organize a meet/greet/shots event, I doubt anyone will recognize me as I wasn't on the first cruise.

If you see a tall blonde dude that is energeticly enjoying the sets (in comparison to those around him), its probably me. I swear, half the shows I go to I am rockin out while being surriounded by shoegazers and wallflowers.

PS It is OK to be a shoegazer if you want, everyone enjoyes music all their own way. BUT....if its a thrash show, or a death show, and your ass is as motionless as Nile is when they play.....lame. I like to think that fans should at least bring as much energy as the band! Which is why Municipal Waste/Alestorm/Finntroll and the like are such great live bands. Also probably why Anthrax is one of the "Big Four"...Energy means a lot

Most of us managed to meet many forumites without any difficulty. Just run around and ask everyone you meet if they're on the forum. Worked for me! And go to the preparty.
    I should get around to updating my signature
    Neck-Wrecker
    Petty Officer

by Neck-Wrecker » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:31 pm

Do you mean the pre cruise beach party being on South Beach?
    If so, I planned on it

Josh
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:33 pm

Well that and the one that Donn is organizing here, it's got its own thread
    cycosurgeon
    Lieutenant

by cycosurgeon » Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:39 pm

Neck-Wrecker wrote:Do you mean the pre cruise beach party being on South Beach?
    If so, I planned on it

Just wear the Thor costume!! It will be easy!
    2011: Cruise Survivor
    2012: Cruise & Forum Survivor

...So was Laura beside the chieftains
    like the bright-growing ash beside the thorn-bush...
Post Reply 7521 posts