Post Reply 7521 posts
The Official 70000TONS OF METAL 2012 Megathread
    Evil Red
    Midshipman

Re: Welcome DARK FUNERAL With New Vocalist Onbroad!

by Evil Red » Thu Jun 30, 2011 9:57 pm

Ravenlord wrote:
    KevinP wrote:
    hodgy wrote:I'm still anxiously awaiting the announcement of one band that I give 2 shits about.

Which is code for:

- what Evil Red tells me I want
    - glam rock

:headbanger: :lol: :headbanger:

I was a little curious about this. I would have expected there to be at least one band that everyone is somewhat interested in so far. For me so far, there's no drool-worthy bands, but there's still stuff I want to see.

It's funny to me too that he and I posted at the exact same minute. Infact I haven't even had the chance to speak to him today, but I'm going to go ahead and say he has no idea who they are. (Knowing his post habits also, he may not even have read the replies yet.) Although I cant actually name any of their songs off the top of my head, I at least have a working knowledge of them (but I'll bone up) and being that it's black, hell... with the last given announcements, I'm just happy that it isn't more happy music. HURRAY! Bring on more black and death!!! :deathmetal:

(And yes, he really wants some Glam. :mrgreen: )
    I made the Devil do it.
    AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:00 pm

Never heard of Dark Funeral, but I just gave them a quick listen and I highly approve of this latest announcement :headbanger:
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:19 pm

I'm definitely not a fan of Dark funeral... but I have zero complaints about this announcement... I've got my horns crossed that another band I do like wil be announced soon though!
    Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    BierVulf
    Ensign

by BierVulf » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:21 pm

Dark Funeral was the first taste of black metal I ever had back when I was like 14 or 15.
    Not a huge fan but good to see the announcements are getting heavier.. :headbanger:
    2011 : Cabin #3500 - Survived
    2012 : Cabin #4025 - Pending

Death Tribute / Atheist / Coroner / Opeth / Cynic / Morbid Angel / Kreator / Tankard / Vio-Lence / Hail of Bullets / Nuclear Assault / Impaled / Gojira / Heathen / Deadly Remains / Venom
  • Metalwrath

by Metalwrath » Thu Jun 30, 2011 10:42 pm

Bentz! wrote:
    kjaxin wrote:Next stop, Gothenburg?

At The Gates!

Dear god no.
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:50 am

gnoff wrote:
    Surt wrote:In my opinion the next band will be Volbeat

and the best Dark Funeral Album is "The Secrets of the Black Arts"! Years ago Dark Funeral was one of my favorite Black Metal Bands but now...

We will see! :beerhorns:

No Volbeat, overrater (sorry about the hate) but I want Danish Pretty Maids!

I totally agree on Volbeat being way too overrated! They are everywhere at the moment and I am so sick of them :? I'd even rather have Artillery onbroad.
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:54 am

BehnWilson wrote:
    Bentz! wrote:Exactly, next announcement could very well read:
    "We were sitting in our offices in BC, when a winged skull named Chaley flew in the window. He took a dump on our desks....
    Everyone welcome abroad OVERKILL!"

LOL

Or Hey we took a wrong turn and ended up in a back alley in skid row. Hello From The Gutter. Please welcome abroad, Overkill!

That would be so awesome :mrgreen:
    Wishlist 2013: Finntroll, Ensiferum, Septic Flesh, Primordial, Powerwolf, Heidevolk, Insomnium, Kalmah, Equilibrium, Skull Fist, Chthonic

Beer and bananas!
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:06 am

MadameLePink wrote: I'd even rather have Artillery onbroad.

I knew you would come around to my way of thinking. Or you're just trying to get on my "good side" again :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:23 am

KevinP wrote:
    MadameLePink wrote: I'd even rather have Artillery onbroad.

I knew you would come around to my way of thinking. Or you're just trying to get on my "good side" again :headbanger: :headbanger: :headbanger:

I just hate Volbeat more than I hate Artillery :lol: They are the big thing here and I'm sick of hearing people talk about them as if they were gods.

Beer and bananas!
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:28 am

Evil Red wrote: I'll bone up

Enjoy hodgy :headbanger: :lol: :headbanger:
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:18 am

Would love to see King Diamond, but note that while Danish he lives in Texas. :headbanger:

Someone mentioned the diversity of the acts so far, and by my count there's 1 thrash band, 1 death, 1 black, 2 power, and a bunch of shit (9 folk/goth/doom).

Happy with the DF announcement. At least I know I'll have plenty of time to do other things :cheers: between the 3 bands I'm interested in so far.
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:34 am

EvilDan wrote:Would love to see King Diamond, but note that while Danish he lives in Texas. :headbanger:

Someone mentioned the diversity of the acts so far, and by my count there's 1 thrash band, 1 death, 1 black, 2 power, and a bunch of shit (9 folk/goth/doom).

Happy with the DF announcement. At least I know I'll have plenty of time to do other things :cheers: between the 3 bands I'm interested in so far.

Welcome Dan. As long as you ain't no stinking Cowgirls fan, we'll get along fine. :lol: :heavydrink: :lol:
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:02 am

heidevolk's 4th album is coming. the release will early in 2012

i smell a release part abroad!!!!!
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:13 am

Dutchguy-Tim wrote:heidevolk's 4th album is coming. the release will early in 2012

i smell a release part abroad!!!!!

That would be great! They were simply amazing when I saw them a few weeks ago and would love to see them again :mrgreen:

Beer and bananas!
    Dutchguy-Tim
    Sub-Lieutenant

by Dutchguy-Tim » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:19 am

in that case: 19-08 @ burgfolk http://www.muelheim-ruhr.de/cms/burgfolk1.html
    together with: Feuerseele / Rapalje / Eluveitie on friday.

me, wendy and walter are going.

program for Saturday:

Haggard
    Fiddler's Green
    The Real McKenzies
    Omnia
    Ignis Fatuu
    Dunkelschön
    Cumulo Nimbus
    Hornblowing survivor of 70.000 tons of metal January 2011 / 2012 / 2015
    counting down to 70.000 tons of metal 2018

what the hell did you do this winter?
    MadameLePink
    Sub-Lieutenant

by MadameLePink » Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:27 am

Dutchguy-Tim wrote:in that case: 19-08 @ burgfolk http://www.muelheim-ruhr.de/cms/burgfolk1.html
    together with: Feuerseele / Rapalje / Eluveitie on friday.

me, wendy and walter are going.

program for Saturday:

Haggard
    Fiddler's Green
    The Real McKenzies
    Omnia
    Ignis Fatuu
    Dunkelschön
    Cumulo Nimbus

Unfortunately we are already going to too many festivals this year, so we won't have money for one more :( But cool line up (even if I've already seen Eluveitie 3 times this year, Heidevolk only 2 though :mrgreen: ) :) It's been ages since last time I saw Omnia! Maybe next year!

Beer and bananas!
    alex_canada
    Ensign

by alex_canada » Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:11 am

I'd enjoy Volbeat. Take away the idiot sheep that you associate with Volbeat now, and picture them on a boat with real metal fans. It'd be fine.
    3 Inches of Blood, Amon Amarth, Andrew WK, Be'lakor, Blind Guardian, Ne Obliviscaris, Nightwish, Unleash the Archers, Wuthering Heights
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:11 pm

viathyn wrote:
    Ravenlord wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:If it's Denmark will probably be Svartsot.

Or Pyramaze, Royal Hunt, Force Of Evil, Pretty Maids or Wuthering Heights.
    I'd be happy with any of these :D

Wuthering Heights would SLAY, though it's too bad they suck live (Based off their live CD that came with Shadow Cabinet)

noooooooo! they really suck live?
    darn, I have to check out some youtube vids
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:22 pm

okok, the Wuthering Heights vid I got to listen to wasn't that convincing (Bad Hobbits Die Hard)...but it's rather old - so, I'm still convinced that I'd enjoy they A LOT

btw, np: Dark Funeral - My Funeral
    ---I vote for a 3PM pool deck spot ;)
    wishlist '20:
    Axxis - Blind Guardian - Circus Maximus - Doro - Edguy - Frozen Crown - Heavens Gate - Magnum - Opeth - Pretty Maids - Ravenous - Satan - Shadowpath - Silex - Skyclad - Steel Attack - Viathyn - Voyager - Wuthering Heights - 4th Dimension
    Evil Red
    Midshipman

by Evil Red » Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:40 pm

KevinP wrote:
    Evil Red wrote: I'll bone up

Enjoy hodgy :headbanger: :lol: :headbanger:

:cheers: :cheers:

last_candle wrote:btw, np: Dark Funeral - My Funeral
    ---I vote for a 3PM pool deck spot ;)

Nothing is more grim than corpse paint under a Caribbean sunshine & seabreeze assault. :beerhorns: :mrgreen:
    I made the Devil do it.
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:49 pm

Evil Red wrote:---I vote for a 3PM pool deck spot ;)
    Nothing is more grim than corpse paint under a Caribbean sunshine & seabreeze assault. :beerhorns: :mrgreen:

I respectfully disagree. Marduk in the Spectrum Lounge against the pink curtain and jar of flowers on the stage was much more evil :metalguy: :metalguy: :metalguy:
    Last edited by KevinP on Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Fri Jul 01, 2011 4:56 pm

KevinP wrote:
    Evil Red wrote:
    last_candle wrote:---I vote for a 3PM pool deck spot ;)

I respectfully disagree. Marduk in the Spectrum Lounge against the pink curtain and jar of flowers on the stage was much more evil :metalguy: :metalguy: :metalguy:

as much as I appreciate your grammar&spelling lectures...I'm not going to teach you how to quote correctly :p
    wishlist '20:
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:05 pm

last_candle wrote:as much as I appreciate your grammar&spelling lectures...I'm not going to teach you how to quote correctly :p

The CCM is the Grammer Nazi, not I.

WISHLIST

The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • Ripley
    Crewman

by Ripley » Sat Jul 02, 2011 6:14 am

Hail Dark Funeral,

this is a great announcement, I love their last record and I am really curious how the new singer will work. He is also vocalist of Negator, a German Black Metal band and I have seen him last year. I am not sure if he is able to fill out this position, but we will see and we will also see if he gets such a nice Lobster-outfit :mrgreen:

But anyway, I am really happy to get some Black Metal. They should sail straight to Norway and get Immortal too, yeah :beerhorns:

enjoy your weekend everybody .

Cheers Ripley
    I space no one can hear you scream

Wishlist for 70000 tons 2014: Dark Fortress, Satyricon, Marduk, Dimmu Borgir, Cripper, God Seed, Skeletonwitch, Necrophobic, Belphegor, Skalmöld, Endstille, Cannibal Corpse, Cattle Decapitation, King Diamond
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:00 am

Thanks for the welcome, KevinP. I'm much more of a hockey fan. I was really hoping to take the days before and after the cruise to go to Lightning, Panthers, Hurricanes or maybe Predators games, but the cruise is right during the All-Star break, so the schedules are really sparse. Oh well, more money for beer on the cruise! :cheers:

last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sat Jul 02, 2011 7:56 am

EvilDan wrote:Thanks for the welcome, KevinP. I'm much more of a hockey fan. I was really hoping to take the days before and after the cruise to go to Lightning, Panthers, Hurricanes or maybe Predators games, but the cruise is right during the All-Star break, so the schedules are really sparse. Oh well, more money for beer on the cruise! :cheers:

bummer - going to a hockey match would have been an option for us
    but we're definitely going to another Heat game (unless they'll have to play away-games)
    wishlist '20:
    shaneos
    Chief Petty Officer

by shaneos » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:00 pm

EvilDan wrote:Thanks for the welcome, KevinP. I'm much more of a hockey fan. I was really hoping to take the days before and after the cruise to go to Lightning, Panthers, Hurricanes or maybe Predators games, but the cruise is right during the All-Star break, so the schedules are really sparse. Oh well, more money for beer on the cruise! :cheers:

I'll be catching Preds vs Blackhawks in Nashville on the Sat night before the cruise. Pity the Panthers are away the few days before though, would have been good to see their new look team.
    Life would be tragic if it weren't funny.
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:13 pm

shaneos wrote:

I'll be catching Preds vs Blackhawks in Nashville on the Sat night before the cruise. Pity the Panthers are away the few days before though, would have been good to see their new look team.

the schedule for the next NHL season's already out?
    wishlist '20:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:27 pm

last_candle wrote:
    shaneos wrote:

the schedule for the next NHL season's already out?

http://www.nhl.com/schedules/20112012.html#?navid=nav-sch-sea
    I should get around to updating my signature
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:31 pm

Hockey talk that I'm not even involved in derailing the main thread even though we have a thread dedicated to hockey!

Damn I love this place! You guys rule :headbanger:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:36 pm

shaneos wrote:

Same as last year-- the Panthers were on the road in 2011 as well.. I was staying in the Holiday Inn Bayshore-- the rink was a 3 minute walk.. would've been fun to catch a sgame there.
    8 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin
    Jaimie38
    Lieutenant

by Jaimie38 » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:40 pm

I was in Dallas in May and scored 4 Platinum Seats for a Stars game against Columbus.. What a fantastic arena!

Beats our little backyard rink anyday. I was with 3 other Canadians(on a conference) and the bartender at the Hilton Anetole came over and asked "Ya'll want to go to a hockey game?? "

YES PLEASE!
    $11 Coronas were a bit much though,,,, :cheers:
    8 Time Vet.
    Wishlist-West of Hell,Hibria,Powerwolf,WASP,DioDisciples,Loudness,
    DangerousToys,Triumph,UDO,SkullFIST,Striker,Kobra&theLotus,
    TheOrderofChaos,Diemonds,Riot City, WMD,Demons & Wizards,Liv Sin
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:49 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:Hockey talk that I'm not even involved in derailing the main thread even though we have a thread dedicated to hockey!

I feel so much more like discussing hockey right now given that I'm in Canada :headbanger:
    last_candle
    Lieutenant-Commander

by last_candle » Sat Jul 02, 2011 2:32 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:Hockey talk that I'm not even involved in derailing the main thread even though we have a thread dedicated to hockey!

on Canada Day, there's always room to talk about how you never win the Stanley Cup ;)
    (just kidding, I'm actually 'pro Canada')

...and thanks for the link; I hope the NBA schedule gets revealed anytime soon, too
    wishlist '20:
  • Max_Rockwell
    Chief Petty Officer

by Max_Rockwell » Sat Jul 02, 2011 9:42 pm

last_candle wrote:

on Canada Day, there's always room to talk about how you never win the Stanley Cup ;)
    (just kidding, I'm actually 'pro Canada')

...and thanks for the link; I hope the NBA schedule gets revealed anytime soon, too

I don't even cheer for Canadian teams anymore.
    The american teams have most of the canadian players anyways. Might as well cheer for the canadian boys not the european and american boys playing for Canadian teams.
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Sun Jul 03, 2011 6:38 am

Jaimie38 wrote: I was in Dallas in May and scored 4 Platinum Seats for a Stars game against Columbus.. What a fantastic arena!

Yeah, I was a season ticket holder with the Stars for 8 years, including during the 1999 Cup and 2000 loss to the Devils. When we got the new arena, I had to be on the Platinum level. Just awesome. However, the lockout pissed me off, so no more season tickets for me.

It is too bad that a Canadian team hasn't won the Cup since 1993, but I had to root for Boston this year, as I felt Vancouver was playing cheap and cowardly and didn't deserve to win. (Plus, I love to see teams like the Canucks and Sharks suffer.) :headbanger:

However, as someone else said, regardless of the team, it's an "our Canadians are better than your Canadians" sport with some Americans and Europeans thrown in for a little spice. Just like the Red River Shootout (Texas v ou) is an "our Texans are better than your Texans" game.

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Sun Jul 03, 2011 9:02 am

EvilDan wrote:It is too bad that a Canadian team hasn't won the Cup since 1993, but I had to root for Boston this year, as I felt Vancouver was playing cheap and cowardly and didn't deserve to win. (Plus, I love to see teams like the Canucks and Sharks suffer.) :headbanger:

I like this guy! :P :cheers: :heavydrink: :party:
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:25 am

mooyagi wrote:
    EvilDan wrote:It is too bad that a Canadian team hasn't won the Cup since 1993, but I had to root for Boston this year, as I felt Vancouver was playing cheap and cowardly and didn't deserve to win. (Plus, I love to see teams like the Canucks and Sharks suffer.) :headbanger:

Yeah, I'm pretty awesome. :cheers: :heavydrink: :party:

Stained Class
    Commander

by Stained Class » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:44 am

mooyagi wrote:

+1
    9 time cruiser

I'm in a band
    www.facebook.com/Apprenticemetal

I run a festival
    https://www.facebook.com/events/2854966994515383
    Uncle Soda
    Petty Officer

by Uncle Soda » Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:54 am

KevinP wrote:
    BehnWilson wrote:Slaughter Of The Soul is about as close as one can come to a perfect album. Start to finish that is a killer album.

An album I absolutely love(d). I still do, but I'll admit that it's popularity and absolute bastardization by the metalcore dweebs has made it lose some of it's luster. I know, I shouldn't hold it against them. I don't. But when it came out, it was like nothing else. Now shitty band and shitty band copied it to death and that make it just a little bit less special.

I hate when that happens. I try to ignore it, but it rarely works.
    Drinks at the Twilight Tavern. Pays with Tokens of Time.

wishlist: Ensiferum, Die Apokalyptischen Reiter, Heidevolk, Chthonic, Entombed, Finntroll, Heavy Metal Perse, Powerwolf, Primordial, Grand Magus, Monster Magnet
Post Reply 7521 posts