Locked 145 posts
How many are waiting to book after more band announcements
  • raiderdeath442
    Crewman

How many are waiting to book after more band announcements

by raiderdeath442 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:53 pm

Just wondered cause I noticed a drop off in bookings. Though it seems they are WAY ahead of last year.
    We survived 2011 #5594
    Can we do it for 2012 #4091
    2013--?
    2012 MOST WANTED Flotsam and Jetsam, Hammerfall,Helloween,Overkill,Dark Moor,Yngwie Malmsteen,TYR, Pathfinder,UFO,Warrior,Dethkklok,Symphony X,Edguy,Armored Saint.
  • Metalwrath

Re: How many are waiting to book after more band announcements

by Metalwrath » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:57 pm

Lineup so far is more in the extreme direction.
    Not really a good things for sales.They have nearly stopped dead in their tracks even with the addition of Nightish.
    Also a lot of people are off to metal festivals as it's summmer time.They will probably wait till they've done their festival rounds before they decide if they can afford the cruise.

When some more heavy metal bands get announced and the summer is nearly voer you should see hte rest of the cabins start to sell
    Fatum11
    Chief Petty Officer

by Fatum11 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 5:45 pm

I still have to book, they had me sold with Tristania but I had to sort out my finances first (which finally came through last week! YAY!!).
    Since I am travelling on my own I am hoping to bunk in with someone with a free spot in their cabin as it's cheaper, but I'll probably give it a few more days and then I'll just book a single ticket. Waiting makes me anxious.
    Draconian-Samael-Opeth-Nightwish-Be'lakor-DevinTownsend-Orphandland-Doom:vs-Eluveitie-NovembersDoom-Epica-Apocalyptica-Haggard-Kamelot-Insomnium-LethianDreams-TheForeshadowing-AmonAmarth-CellarDarling-Moonspell-NeObliviscaris-RottingChrist-SepticFlesh-SwallowTheSun-Sabaton-Saturnus-Rammstein-OctoberTide-ISON-Triptykon-FleshgodApocalypse-Wolfheart
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:14 pm

Fatum11 wrote:I still have to book, they had me sold with Tristania but I had to sort out my finances first (which finally came through last week! YAY!!).
    Since I am travelling on my own I am hoping to bunk in with someone with a free spot in their cabin as it's cheaper, but I'll probably give it a few more days and then I'll just book a single ticket. Waiting makes me anxious.

You're not using the cabin mate recruitment forum for this?
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:

:boobs: 2018/2019 Hockeyagi Champion :boobs:
    Fatum11
    Chief Petty Officer

by Fatum11 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:27 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    Fatum11 wrote:I still have to book, they had me sold with Tristania but I had to sort out my finances first (which finally came through last week! YAY!!).

I have I am just waiting for someone to get back to me to tell me if they still have the spot available :D
    Draconian-Samael-Opeth-Nightwish-Be'lakor-DevinTownsend-Orphandland-Doom:vs-Eluveitie-NovembersDoom-Epica-Apocalyptica-Haggard-Kamelot-Insomnium-LethianDreams-TheForeshadowing-AmonAmarth-CellarDarling-Moonspell-NeObliviscaris-RottingChrist-SepticFlesh-SwallowTheSun-Sabaton-Saturnus-Rammstein-OctoberTide-ISON-Triptykon-FleshgodApocalypse-Wolfheart
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Mon Jul 04, 2011 6:45 pm

Fatum11 wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:

I have I am just waiting for someone to get back to me to tell me if they still have the spot available :D

Ahh gotcha. You replied but just didn't make your own post.

If ya don't hear back, I'd suggest making one of your own to recruit someone who you feel would be a good match for ya.

I'm guessing you're trying to connect with someone who has an open spot in an already booked, cheaper cabin but a 'Looking For Cabin Mate' post of your own might also attract someone who has a spot available and is just considering posting there.

Worst case scenario, even if you end up just posting and getting someone to split an available cabin, you save yourself some coin and the random lottery aspect of UMC's matching system.

Either way, good luck! :headbanger:

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:20 pm

Booked immediately and would've booked immediately even if no bands were announced :headbanger:
    I should get around to updating my signature
    AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:32 pm

mooyagi wrote:Booked immediately and would've booked immediately even if no bands were announced :headbanger:

Me too :D
    Fatum11
    Chief Petty Officer

by Fatum11 » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:34 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:
    Fatum11 wrote:
    ShoreSlayer wrote:You're not using the cabin mate recruitment forum for this?

Ahh gotcha. You replied but just didn't make your own post.

If ya don't hear back, I'd suggest making one of your own to recruit someone who you feel would be a good match for ya.

I'm guessing you're trying to connect with someone who has an open spot in an already booked, cheaper cabin but a 'Looking For Cabin Mate' post of your own might also attract someone who has a spot available and is just considering posting there.

Worst case scenario, even if you end up just posting and getting someone to split an available cabin, you save yourself some coin and the random lottery aspect of UMC's matching system.

Either way, good luck! :headbanger:

Haha sometimes I must think people can read my mind and understand my rambling thoughts.
    Yep I replied to another person's post, fingers crossed.

But great idea! If the spot isn't available anymore I will post something, the random matching system scares me a little.
    mcozzy
    Oiler

by mcozzy » Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:58 pm

AlaskaRachel wrote:
    mooyagi wrote:Booked immediately and would've booked immediately even if no bands were announced :headbanger:

Me too :D

Me three!!! :heavydrink:
    Survived 2011. Ready for 2012!!
    Samhain
    Petty Officer

by Samhain » Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:05 pm

Same.

However... I am getting a bit nervous about the bands that are going to be on there next year. I want it to be as good if not better than this year and there are a few bands that will satisfy me.
    Wishlist 70K 2016: Aborted, At the Gates, Devin Townsend, Kreator, Panzerfaust, Rotting Christ.

Survivor 70K 2011-2012-2013-2014-2015
    KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:23 am

Metalwrath wrote:Lineup so far is more in the extreme direction.

I only count 3 bands that I would classify as "extreme": Coroner (thrash), Dark Funeral (black), Pestilence (death)
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    Inquisitor
    Midshipman

by Inquisitor » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:26 am

Yea, I still owe you for waking me up at 3am to tell me that you going a vet booking code....
    EvilDan
    Lieutenant

by EvilDan » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:52 am

KevinP wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:Lineup so far is more in the extreme direction.

I only count 3 bands that I would classify as "extreme": Coroner (thrash), Dark Funeral (black), Pestilence (death)

The others would be like the band Extreme? :P

I booked as soon as it was open to non-veterans based on last year's lineup. So far this year is very disappointing, but there are 26 bands to go. And really, if every band sucks, I'll still have a blast. Been on many cruises, and always had fun. And none of those had any metal bands.

Here's the beauty of this cruise. It's 2000 people that want to see the most hated music in the world, hanging out together. And people are upset because the violence they expect doesn't exist. You've got 2000 people who hate each other's taste in music vociferously. But you put them on the same boat, and they hangout and drink together.

For all the hate on the boards about bands and preferences, everyone just seems to get along.

I mean, fuck it... you could be on the fucking disney cruise with a bunch of fucking kids! Thank Satan we are here! (I mean, I'd love it if we had the water slides, but fuck the rest of it. Except Ariel and Belle... I would totally fuck both of them... well, any disney chick really. They're all pretty hot.)
    Never take anything I say seriously.

Am I Evil? I am Dan. Yes, I am! :twisted:
    vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Tue Jul 05, 2011 11:04 am

Inquisitor wrote:

Yea, I still owe you for waking me up at 3am to tell me that you going a vet booking code....

:lol: :lol: :lol:
    SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:20 pm

Inquisitor wrote:

Of course! I'll try to make it by 2:30 next year :beerwink:

Also, Jasmine is definitely the hottest Disney Princess followed by Ariel (with legs) and then Belle
    AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:22 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    Inquisitor wrote:

Of course! I'll try to make it by 2:30 next year :beerwink:

Also, Jasmine is definitely the hottest Disney Princess followed by Ariel (with legs) and then Belle

Belle's got the smart girl thing goin for her, so I vote her hottest.
    But Jasmine does have a lot of money....hm....
    DrinkMoxie
    Commander

by DrinkMoxie » Tue Jul 05, 2011 12:55 pm

I love how extreme this derailment has so quickly become hahaha

Borknagar-Powerwolf-FolkEarth-Metalachi-GreenCarnation-Atoma-JulieLaughsNomore-Skyfire-BlackKirin-Shangren-WitheredBeauty-...AndOceans-Hypocrisy-Nightfall-Gardenian-AblazeMySorrow-WithoutGrief-ACanorousQuintet-BurdenOfGrief-Excretion-CardinalSin-CallenishCircle-InThyDreams-EternalLies-Miscreant-Eucharist-BuriedDreams-Shadow-Amsvartner-EbonyTears-ManipulatedSlaves-NailWithin-Flying-Dispatched-NeglectedFields-LegionOfTheDamned-CarnalForge-Gojira-RiverBlack-CarBomb-Damaged-Xentrix-LakeOfTears-Neurosis-Conjurer-Minsk-Mindrot-Morgion-EyesOfFire-DestroyJudas-Dyscarnate-Exhorder-Onslaught-Sargon-Sacrifice-Sodom-Darkane-Nothnegal-TheCrown-CeremonialOath-SinsOfOmission-EternalTearsOfSorrow-Sigh-Whispered-Jaldaboath-DescendIntoNothingness-CrestOfDarkness-Carcariass-In~Quest-Anata-Bal*Sagoth-Witherscape-DimensionZero-MentalHome-Myrath-Illogicist-Hacride-Acrassicauda-Impious-NightInGales-EndOfGreen-SpiralArchitect-EphelDuath-Nostromo-DimensionF3H-RedHarvest-Vinterland-Heidevolk-GreenJello-Pist*On-Zimmer'sHole-Trepalium-Vintersorg-UnleashTheArchers-SamBlackChurch-Downpour-SevendayCurse-GreySkiesFallen-DaylightDies-MyHiddenSin-ThisEnding-FrostGiant-TheAbsence-LightThisCity-Dagon-ConditionCritical-GospelOfTheWitches-BlackEarth-FrostyEve-MeadowsEnd-ComposMentis-WitheringSurface-InThousandLakes-TheZephyr-FragmentsOfUnbecoming-Seducer'sEmbrace-TheExcrementoryGrindfuckers-Whitesnake-WhiteZombie-SkidRow(w/SebastianBach)

cabin 3013 (2012)
    cabin 9560 (2014)
    cabin 8671 (2015)
    cabin 7313 (2017)
    cabin 6525 (2018)
    shaneos
    Chief Petty Officer

by shaneos » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:05 pm

I'm more a Jessica Rabbit fan myself ;)

Life would be tragic if it weren't funny.
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:47 pm

AlaskaRachel wrote:Belle's got the smart girl thing goin for her, so I vote her hottest.

This is exactly my thinking.

You win a cookie.
    2011: Cabin #5549
    2012: Cabin #2581
    2013: Cabin #2077
    2014: Cabin #2583
    2015: Cabin #3242

Please check out my band
    http://www.facebook.com/VIATHYN

AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:49 pm

viathyn wrote:
    AlaskaRachel wrote:Belle's got the smart girl thing goin for her, so I vote her hottest.

You win a cookie.

Is it coming with my CD or do I have to wait until the cruise?!
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Tue Jul 05, 2011 1:56 pm

AlaskaRachel wrote:
    viathyn wrote:

You win a cookie.

Is it coming with my CD or do I have to wait until the cruise?!

Funny story, we once almost mailed some girl a cookie because I had promised it for some reason or other. We then realized she had never met any of us in person and it would be weird sending that through the mail... haha. No, I will not send you a cookie. I will, however, find you one on the boat and personally deliver it to you, mostly un-tampered with!

Also, I'm going to work on this Turisasquatch pic in the next few days. I will scan it and email it to you when finished!

Please check out my band

AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:00 pm

viathyn wrote:Funny story, we once almost mailed some girl a cookie because I had promised it for some reason or other. We then realized she had never met any of us in person and it would be weird sending that through the mail... haha. No, I will not send you a cookie. I will, however, find you one on the boat and personally deliver it to you, mostly un-tampered with!

Also, I'm going to work on this Turisasquatch pic in the next few days. I will scan it and email it to you when finished!

1) You seem to have a problem with promising cookies to strange girls.
    2) On-broad delivery is fine, just don't put too many questionable substances in it please.
    3) Yay drawlings!
    4) Maybe I'll send you a drawing too.
    viathyn
    Commander

by viathyn » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:03 pm

AlaskaRachel wrote:1) You seem to have a problem with promising cookies to strange girls.
    2) On-broad delivery is fine, just don't put too many questionable substances in it please.
    3) Yay drawlings!
    4) Maybe I'll send you a drawing too.

1. Hi, my name is Jake, and I'm addicted to promising baked goods to females I have never met
    2. Does this cookie taste like rufilin to you?
    3. :D
    4. Please send me a life-sized drawing of a manbearpig eating a six-pack of babies

Please check out my band

AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Tue Jul 05, 2011 2:08 pm

viathyn wrote:4. Please send me a life-sized drawing of a manbearpig eating a six-pack of babies

I think I could do this...
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:10 pm

mooyagi wrote: followed by Ariel (with legs)

Does this mean you don't like tail?
    La sabiduría me persigue................pero yo soy más rápida
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:13 pm

KDibildox wrote:

:lol: :beerwink:

vikingbitch
    Lieutenant-Commander

by vikingbitch » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:14 pm

KDibildox wrote:

SURVIVOR: 70K2011, 70K2012, BTH2012, 70K2013 & 70K2014. NEXT UP: 70K2015
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:15 pm

KDibildox wrote:

Where would I stick it?

KevinP
    Commander

by KevinP » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:16 pm

I'm not normally into Asian "tail" but I'm backing Mulan on this one. I like a broad who can kick some ass and not be all "dainty" with tons of makeup. Who needs that shit.

Last edited by KevinP on Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    WISHLIST

BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain

by ShoreSlayer » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:16 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    KDibildox wrote:

Where would I stick it?

Do you REALLY need us to answer this for you? :lol:

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:21 pm

ShoreSlayer wrote:Do you REALLY need us to answer this for you? :lol:

But it severely limits my options :P
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:24 pm

Yeah, come on. Pair that with your musical tastes and we just have too much ammo :lol:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:25 pm

KevinP wrote:

I'm not normally into Asian "tail" but I'm backing Mulan on this one. I like a broad who can kick some ass and not be all "dainty" with tons of makeup. Who needs that shit.

Mulan is awesome :deathmetal:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:27 pm

KDibildox wrote:Yeah, come on. Pair that with your musical tastes and we just have too much ammo :lol:

mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:28 pm

KDibildox wrote:
    KevinP wrote:

That was quite an awesome film.
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:35 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    KDibildox wrote:Yeah, come on. Pair that with your musical tastes and we just have too much ammo :lol:

:heavydrink:
    KDibildeaux
    Captain

by KDibildeaux » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:39 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    KDibildox wrote:
    KevinP wrote:I'm not normally into Asian "tail" but I'm backing Mulan on this one. I like a broad who can kick some ass and not be all "dainty" with tons of makeup. Who needs that shit.

That was quite an awesome film.

"Let's get down to business, to defeat, the Huns. Did they send me daughters? when I asked for sons. You're a spineless pale, pathetic lot and you haven't got a clue. Somehow I'll make a man, out of you" :death:
    mooyagi
    Captain

by mooyagi » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:42 pm

Nicolas0928 wrote:Well I dont know about many many bands, but when UMC announces a new band for the cruise I try to listened and to enjoy it !!!!
    Just think that 70000 TONS OF METAL Is an AMAZING IDEA, and I am going to have the best trip of my life :D :D :D

Hey! Get back off topic like a real forumite :P

Which Disney princess would you bone?
    AlaskaRachel
    Lieutenant-Commander

by AlaskaRachel » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:44 pm

mooyagi wrote:
    Nicolas0928 wrote:Well I dont know about many many bands, but when UMC announces a new band for the cruise I try to listened and to enjoy it !!!!
    Just think that 70000 TONS OF METAL Is an AMAZING IDEA, and I am going to have the best trip of my life :D :D :D

Hey! Get back off topic like a real forumite :P

Which Disney princess would you bone?

Locked 145 posts