Locked 84 posts
Moshing as a liability?
  • OnABoat
    Wiper
    Posts: 2
    Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 6:00 pm
    Location: vancouver, bc

    Moshing as a liability?

    by OnABoat » Wed May 26, 2010 6:05 pm

    Hey guys,

    I'm pretty stoked about a metal cruise. While discussing the awesomeness with a buddy, we asked the question that has not yet been answered: Will moshing be allowed at the shows? On the one hand, we can understand the promoter and the cruise line's position that moshing would be, under any reasonable insurance policy, reckless behavior which might lead to injury (and possible lawsuits). Thus, moshing would be allowed.

    However, this is a METAL cruise, and moshing is how we dance. Now, I wouldn't want to drop four grand for a metal cruise and not have the option (not saying that I will, as I'm getting too old for raw pit violence) to get into a pit for my favorite bands.

    So, what is the stance of the promoter and/or the cruise line? Will pits be allowed?
  • thecakeisalie
    Wiper
    Posts: 6
    Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 6:11 pm

    Re: Moshing as a liability?

    by thecakeisalie » Wed May 26, 2010 6:16 pm

    Good question onaboat. I can't imagine anything worse than spending four days on a metal cruise while sitting in velvety theater chairs watching Saxon...the Saxon part isn't bad....the velvety broadway theater chairs thing is bad. Is this going to be some stand-still-and-touch-anyone cheese-fest? Will the True Metal People be able to mosh?
  • User avatar
    TOM CRUISE
    Lieutenant-Commander
    Posts: 3846
    Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:55 pm
    Location: Everett, WA USA
    Contact:

    Re: Moshing as a liability?

    by TOM CRUISE » Wed May 26, 2010 7:04 pm

    there will be tons of security probably
    70K- 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, 2018, 2019 Cabin-6218- Barge to hell -2012
  • User avatar
    Schluckspecht666
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 231
    Joined: Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:08 am
    Location: Hamburg, Germany

    Re: Moshing as a liability?

    by Schluckspecht666 » Wed May 26, 2010 7:15 pm

    They talked about this in another thread.

    I believe they pull out a couple of rows of seats in the theater so there will be some standing room (and potential for a mosh pit) in front of that stage. I don't know about the other stages but the pool deck is certainly not seated. :lol:

    In any case, I don't think you can sue anyone if you get hurt in a mosh pit. I guess if you go into a mosh pit you do so at your own risk.

    :givebeer:
  • User avatar
    Ecliptica
    Ensign
    Posts: 1431
    Joined: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:35 pm

    Re: Moshing as a liability?

    by Ecliptica » Thu May 27, 2010 2:32 am

    This is actually a pretty good question to bring up. I do believe that rows will be pulled out for the sake of pits, but I also hope that they leave some seats intact for those of us who want to enjoy the music.

    RANT TIME:
    My biggest fear for this entire cruise is being forced into a pit. In all honesty, I'm not a fan of moshing at all. The last time I was pushed into a pit, I ended up knocking out the kid who pushed my friend and I in with a well-timed punch to his chin; totally made it look like an accident, muahaha. I'm sure I'm making enemies already, but I really don't want to be pushed around when I'm trying to enjoy a band I like (and especially when I'm with my girlfriend). As long as there is some seating, I'm totally cool with a pit in front/behind/next-to me. . .I just don't want to be a part of it :lol:

    [/rant]
    Last edited by Ecliptica on Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
  • Metalwrath

    Re: Moshing as a liability?

    by Metalwrath » Thu May 27, 2010 6:05 am

    Moshing for the most part is retarded anyway.Somethign i don't bother engaging in these days due to respect of other people at the show who would like to actually watch the bandd play instead of being bumped into every 5 seconds.
    Last edited by Metalwrath on Thu May 27, 2010 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
  • OnABoat
    Wiper
    Posts: 2
    Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 6:00 pm
    Location: vancouver, bc

    Re: Moshing as a liability?

    by OnABoat » Thu May 27, 2010 10:03 am

    I agree with the above post. I haven't been in a pit (on purpose) in years. I was looking at this from the liability side of things, though. One can't ensure that pit injuries will not occur. I know how risk-averse the leisure industry (and cruise liners in particular) can be, since they want to provide the finest guest experience to all those who are participating. A frenzy of shoving in their nicely manicured theaters would seem to go against their mission of providing a fun, safe environment for patrons. As such, my concern was less with "will there be pits" as with "will the cruise line do everything they can to prevent them from a liability standpoint".

    I hope they do allow space for those that wish to partake. Some of these bands are really high energy, and who knows what a punter can feel like doing with a few beers in him. That said, I hope that fear of lawsuits won't diminish the experience.
  • User avatar
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2569
    Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:00 pm
    Location: Bakersfield<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth
    Contact:

    Re: Moshing as a liability?

    by Disaster Area » Thu May 27, 2010 10:37 am

    Ecliptica wrote:...I ended up knocking out the kid who pushed my friend and I in with a well-timed punch to his chin; totally made it look like an accident...
    We both played college football and we're pretty strong guys, so I doubt many people will be pushing us around, but that pool deck scenario worries me a little bit if there's no actual seating.
    [/rant]


    :roll:

    I can sympathize...

    I once had to kill a guy at a Dweezil Zappa show, he sweated on me one time to many, rolled up my ticket stub and jammed it into his eyesocket on his headbanging downstroke, looked like just another ticket stub in the eye socket accident. :lol: :lol: :lol:

    1. I am with you: mosh if you must, but don't impose your moshingness on me, it's just not my gig
    2. Relax, I am sure there will be no forced moshing. Forced drinking yes, forced moshing no.
    3. You'll have to get up pretty early to beat me to the head of the line for Sonata...
    4. It is acceptable to be a jock and metal head, regardless of what some drunk longhaired Irishman may say...
    5. However, track spikes are not allowed in the pit.


    :lol: :lol: :lol:

    REEEEEEELAXXXXXX :givebeer:
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

    11,12,14,15,16, noshow 2017
  • User avatar
    sheila
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 384
    Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 7:35 am
    Location: Fairport NEW YORK

    Re: Moshing as a liability?

    by sheila » Thu May 27, 2010 10:56 am

    I feel the same as disaster area... Not one for moshing. Too many sweaty guys just pumpin up there fists lookin for a fight! If you wana do it...all power to ya just leave me outa it! I get into the music.. Don't get me wrong... I do move around . Like my personal space! Do your thing and have a good time! :death:
    #4047 in spirit...:(
    #2063 2nd 70k
    Barge to hell ... Ummm gotta look that # up . Was a blurr!
    2035...for 2014!!!
    2015.. AND our metal wedding!
    Booked 2016!
    Mrs. Steeves❤️
  • Metalwrath

    Re: Moshing as a liability?

    by Metalwrath » Thu May 27, 2010 11:03 am

    AM i the drunk Irishman you are refering to? :P
  • User avatar
    KevinP
    Commander
    Posts: 8612
    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:12 pm

    Re: Moshing as a liability?

    by KevinP » Thu May 27, 2010 11:33 am

    Yeah I just want to be left alone to enjoy the music and all. Jumping around like an idiot for the sake of pretending I'm cool and a tough guy I never understood. Most of the time the people in the pits with their shirts off couldn't name more than 2 songs from the band's catalogue. :P
    Last edited by KevinP on Thu May 27, 2010 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    WISHLIST

    BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

    The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • User avatar
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain
    Posts: 11081
    Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:56 pm
    Location: Vancouver, BC
    Contact:

    Re: Moshing as a liability?

    by ShoreSlayer » Thu May 27, 2010 11:36 am

    Disaster Area wrote:Forced drinking yes, forced moshing no.


    Force me to drink and I'll be forcing you to belly mosh with da fishees!! :P :lol: :twisted:

    Now where'd I put those one size fits all cement Daytons?
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:
  • User avatar
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2569
    Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:00 pm
    Location: Bakersfield<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth
    Contact:

    Re: Moshing as a liability?

    by Disaster Area » Thu May 27, 2010 12:07 pm

    Metalwrath wrote:AM i the drunk Irishman you are refering to? :P



    what? there are other Irishman on here..? :lol: :headbanger: :party:
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

    11,12,14,15,16, noshow 2017
  • Metalwrath

    Re: Moshing as a liability?

    by Metalwrath » Thu May 27, 2010 12:09 pm

    AYe.There's one or 2 actually :lol:
    I'm bringing one with me and there's a group from Dublin and then a group from Waterford or Wexford or somewhere around there.
  • thecakeisalie
    Wiper
    Posts: 6
    Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 6:11 pm

    Re: Moshing as a liability?

    by thecakeisalie » Thu May 27, 2010 12:14 pm

    Sad. sad. sad. Admittedly, at 37 years old, I don't spend much time in the pit either, but this series of posts is certainly not what I expected. What's happened to us? If I wanted to just listen to music and watch the bands play I'd stay home and watch a video: the sound quality is better and I don't have to spend hours sweating and staring at some gorilla's hairy back. This may be a cruise, but its a metal show, not a reggae pool party. Are we going to have to go up to Amon Amarth and ask: "Hey guys, uh, could you stop with all the loud guitars and viking hordes slaughtering christians stuff, we're trying to have a nice relaxing time here and my lighter-held-aloft keeps getting blown out when the kids bump into me. Can you maybe sing something about sandy beaches and palm trees while we sip daiquiris and dance pool-side in our white patent leather shoes?" Or maybe I am the old fart around here, getting nostalgic about those good old days of moshing, headbanging, and stagediving metal brotherhood of my youth and wondering what is wrong with all the crazy kids these days. sigh.

    Alright, I'm just joking around, but two thoughts come to mind as I read these posts:

    1) No one is going to drag you 50 feet into a mosh pit, but the thing IS a living breathing mass of semi-controlled violence and if you get too close you have to expect that you may get sucked into it. If you do, go with the direction of flow and then slip out where you entered. It's not that hard, I should know, I'm not a particularly big guy and I have lived happily with the pit for over 20 years (assuming that pit is not dominated by a bunch of Miami nazis...in which case you football play types feel free to punch away).

    2) My greatest concern is with the experience being too subdued to really feel like a crazy 4-day metal show worth the $1000+ pricetag. Aside from beer-barrel humpa metal like Korpiklaani, there is a serious lack of energy at metal shows when guards are tossing people out for having a little good friendly violent fun in the pit. Even if you have no intention of going into the pit, the bands themselves feed off it and play better as a result. Think about it: we are going to have Exodus playing "Toxic Waltz" and Testament playing "Into the Pit", let us not disappoint the Gods of Metal, my friends. And there I go with that brotherhood crap again....

    Damn, look what you guys have done to me, I even feel inclined to use an emoticon... :shred:
  • Metalwrath

    Re: Moshing as a liability?

    by Metalwrath » Thu May 27, 2010 12:21 pm

    Do Amon Amarth even bring up the Christian thing anymore?
    Last 2 times i saw them i know they didn't.Probably due to how succesful they are now and they can't get away with it as much anymore.

    As for the moshing i jsut don't find it fun jumping into everyone and knocking them on the ground and ruining the show for them.At the end of the day people do get seriously injured at gigs over this kind of stuff.
    Moshing is something you do when you're a kid.At the age of 15 or so it seems like the cool thing to do.
    These days i'll headbang and windmill like crazy shouting and screaming along to lyrics and raising my fist in the air.
    Maybes it's just me but i consider that a lot more metal than jumping into each other.
  • User avatar
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2569
    Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:00 pm
    Location: Bakersfield<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth
    Contact:

    Re: Moshing as a liability?

    by Disaster Area » Thu May 27, 2010 12:21 pm

    thecakeisalie wrote:Damn, look what you guys have done to me, I even feel inclined to use an emoticon... :shred:


    FUCK YEAH, ME TOO!!!!!


    :deathmetal: :metalguy: :headbanger: :death: :shred: :viking: :beerhorns: :trashdrink: :cheers: :beerwink: :givebeer: :heavydrink: :evil: :twisted: :D :mrgreen: :P :viking: :metalguy: :deathmetal: :shred: :beerhorns: :death: :cheers: :beerwink: :givebeer: :trashdrink: :viking: :death: :headbanger: :metalguy: :heavydrink: :cheers:

    and my favorite:
    :party:
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

    11,12,14,15,16, noshow 2017
  • User avatar
    sheila
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 384
    Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 7:35 am
    Location: Fairport NEW YORK

    Re: Moshing as a liability?

    by sheila » Thu May 27, 2010 12:27 pm

    Metalwrath wrote:Do Amon Amarth even bring up the Christian thing anymore?
    Last 2 times i saw them i know they didn't.Probably due to how succesful they are now and they can't get away with it as much anymore.

    As for the moshing i jsut don't find it fun jumping into everyone and knocking them on the ground and ruining the show for them.At the end of the day people do get seriously injured at gigs over this kind of stuff.
    Moshing is something you do when you're a kid.At the age of 15 or so it seems like the cool thing to do.
    These days i'll headbang and windmill like crazy shouting and screaming along to lyrics and raising my fist in the air.
    Maybes it's just me but i consider that a lot more metal than jumping into each other.


    I'm hangin with you on the ship... Like ur way of thinkin!!! :death:
    #4047 in spirit...:(
    #2063 2nd 70k
    Barge to hell ... Ummm gotta look that # up . Was a blurr!
    2035...for 2014!!!
    2015.. AND our metal wedding!
    Booked 2016!
    Mrs. Steeves❤️
  • Metalwrath

    Re: Moshing as a liability?

    by Metalwrath » Thu May 27, 2010 12:34 pm

    Cool :P
    Also another point i'll bring across is if you're moshing the whole time well you never actually saw the band play did you?
    You just heard them play live.Part of what i love and appreciate is not just the live music but what goes on on the stage.
  • User avatar
    Captain Metal
    Ensign
    Posts: 1268
    Joined: Wed Mar 03, 2010 3:34 am
    Location: Oakland Park, FL

    Re: Moshing as a liability?

    by Captain Metal » Thu May 27, 2010 1:27 pm

    Hey, Cakey, what exactly is a Miami Nazi? The only Nazi's I've ever seen around here are from Broward or Palm Beach county (and rarely at that), and I highly doubt any of those guys will be found on this boat. And I don't think anyone wants the music turned down and softened for their daiquiri drinking, just leave people out of the pit that don't want to be in the pit. There'll be plenty of others that will, so go nuts and entertain the rest of us :headbanger:

    I myself have never been much for moshing. I guess I was just never angry enough to work out my frustrations in the pit :lol:

    But honestly, I have never had a problem with someone trying to push me into one, so for those worried about such things, don't be. Of course I've certainly elbowed a few people in my time while being at the front of the stage and having people ram into me repeatedly. Some people need an occasional reminder to keep it in the pit, and not my spinal column :lol:
    Vader-Dream Evil-Accept-Thrash Or Die-Evile-Brainstorm-Kalmah-Paradox-The Crown-Morgana Lefay-Gama Bomb-Hail Of Bullets-Powermad-Firewind-Hypocrisy-Iron Savior-Communic.....FOR 2015!
  • Metalwrath

    Re: Moshing as a liability?

    by Metalwrath » Thu May 27, 2010 1:30 pm

    I don't worry about people moshing into me either.I usualy stand firm and they hurt themselves moshing into me or i give them a push which lands them on the other side of the room :mrgreen:
  • thecakeisalie
    Wiper
    Posts: 6
    Joined: Wed May 26, 2010 6:11 pm

    Re: Moshing as a liability?

    by thecakeisalie » Thu May 27, 2010 1:43 pm

    Metalwrath wrote:Cool :P
    Also another point i'll bring across is if you're moshing the whole time well you never actually saw the band play did you?
    You just heard them play live.



    Hmmm, I thought that sounded like Brittany Spears singing War Ensemble...didn't really sound like Tom. I guess I should have looked up.
  • Metalwrath

    Re: Moshing as a liability?

    by Metalwrath » Thu May 27, 2010 2:00 pm

    thecakeisalie wrote:
    Metalwrath wrote:Cool :P
    Also another point i'll bring across is if you're moshing the whole time well you never actually saw the band play did you?
    You just heard them play live.



    Hmmm, I thought that sounded like Brittany Spears singing War Ensemble...didn't really sound like Tom. I guess I should have looked up.

    You kind of missed the point completly.
    But soem people always will i guess....
  • User avatar
    KevinP
    Commander
    Posts: 8612
    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:12 pm

    Re: Moshing as a liability?

    by KevinP » Thu May 27, 2010 3:46 pm

    Metalwrath wrote:AM i the drunk Irishman you are refering to? :P


    Speaking of which, the character IRISH in the new video game Red Dead Redemption

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-5_qu0l ... re=related

    Drunk swindler who deals in guns/ammo, so he's into "metal". Kinda like Wrath with facial hair. :lol: :lol: :lol:

    Apparently the stereotype upset a few people...

    http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/vi ... -the-Irish

    One question, how is it a stereotype when it's the truth :?

    :lol: :P
    WISHLIST

    BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

    The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • User avatar
    Witch Bear
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 195
    Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 11:47 am
    Location: The wilderness

    Re: Moshing as a liability?

    by Witch Bear » Thu May 27, 2010 4:03 pm

    Me am no worried about mosh pit as me am just stand in middle and swat at any who me am no like face of. You am smile pretty or else.
    Deck 666
  • User avatar
    Oli
    Crewman
    Posts: 98
    Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:55 am

    Re: Moshing as a liability?

    by Oli » Fri May 28, 2010 10:27 am

    thecakeisalie wrote:Sad. sad. sad. Admittedly, at 37 years old, I don't spend much time in the pit either, but this series of posts is certainly not what I expected. What's happened to us? If I wanted to just listen to music and watch the bands play I'd stay home and watch a video: the sound quality is better and I don't have to spend hours sweating and staring at some gorilla's hairy back. This may be a cruise, but its a metal show, not a reggae pool party. Are we going to have to go up to Amon Amarth and ask: "Hey guys, uh, could you stop with all the loud guitars and viking hordes slaughtering christians stuff, we're trying to have a nice relaxing time here and my lighter-held-aloft keeps getting blown out when the kids bump into me. Can you maybe sing something about sandy beaches and palm trees while we sip daiquiris and dance pool-side in our white patent leather shoes?" Or maybe I am the old fart around here, getting nostalgic about those good old days of moshing, headbanging, and stagediving metal brotherhood of my youth and wondering what is wrong with all the crazy kids these days. sigh.

    Alright, I'm just joking around, but two thoughts come to mind as I read these posts:

    1) No one is going to drag you 50 feet into a mosh pit, but the thing IS a living breathing mass of semi-controlled violence and if you get too close you have to expect that you may get sucked into it. If you do, go with the direction of flow and then slip out where you entered. It's not that hard, I should know, I'm not a particularly big guy and I have lived happily with the pit for over 20 years (assuming that pit is not dominated by a bunch of Miami nazis...in which case you football play types feel free to punch away).

    2) My greatest concern is with the experience being too subdued to really feel like a crazy 4-day metal show worth the $1000+ pricetag. Aside from beer-barrel humpa metal like Korpiklaani, there is a serious lack of energy at metal shows when guards are tossing people out for having a little good friendly violent fun in the pit. Even if you have no intention of going into the pit, the bands themselves feed off it and play better as a result. Think about it: we are going to have Exodus playing "Toxic Waltz" and Testament playing "Into the Pit", let us not disappoint the Gods of Metal, my friends. And there I go with that brotherhood crap again....

    Damn, look what you guys have done to me, I even feel inclined to use an emoticon... :shred:


    Well said Well said!!!
    THE FATE OF NORNS AWAITS US ALL!!!!


    Immortal..WASP..Lamb of god..Cannibal Corpse..Rob Zombie..Kreator..Arch Enemy..Cavalera conspiracy..All shall perish for 70000 tons 2012
  • User avatar
    Oli
    Crewman
    Posts: 98
    Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:55 am

    Re: Moshing as a liability?

    by Oli » Fri May 28, 2010 10:32 am

    Witch Bear wrote:Me am no worried about mosh pit as me am just stand in middle and swat at any who me am no like face of. You am smile pretty or else.



    Is this you standing in the middle in this video?

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uHaTEKR ... re=related
    Last edited by Oli on Fri May 28, 2010 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
    THE FATE OF NORNS AWAITS US ALL!!!!


    Immortal..WASP..Lamb of god..Cannibal Corpse..Rob Zombie..Kreator..Arch Enemy..Cavalera conspiracy..All shall perish for 70000 tons 2012
  • User avatar
    KevinP
    Commander
    Posts: 8612
    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:12 pm

    Re: Moshing as a liability?

    by KevinP » Fri May 28, 2010 10:32 am

    To each his own. I'm not saying you should stand there like a frozen popsicle. But I have very little patience or tolerance for the "meatheads" who throws fists and flail arms around like a drunken imbecile.

    I want to actually look at what I'm listening to (what a novel concept :roll: ) so be be constantly slammed by fools all the time is not my idea of fun.

    There are plenty of other ways to "get into the music" and show "energy" besides jumping around like you want to be in your own personal bounce house :mrgreen:
    WISHLIST

    BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

    The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • User avatar
    Oli
    Crewman
    Posts: 98
    Joined: Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:55 am

    Re: Moshing as a liability?

    by Oli » Fri May 28, 2010 10:42 am

    Sometimes i like to go to the pit, sometimes i don´t,the best thing about the pits is that you have a choice.

    If you don´t want to be in there just stand a little further from the stage, and you will see all the action on stage and enjoy the music.

    Get in the pit,see not so much of the stage precence and just soke up the energy of the music.

    Personally i stay away from the pits when watching my favorite bands,because I don´t want to miss a thing :viking:
    THE FATE OF NORNS AWAITS US ALL!!!!


    Immortal..WASP..Lamb of god..Cannibal Corpse..Rob Zombie..Kreator..Arch Enemy..Cavalera conspiracy..All shall perish for 70000 tons 2012
  • User avatar
    sideways
    Petty Officer
    Posts: 112
    Joined: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:22 pm

    Re: Moshing as a liability?

    by sideways » Fri May 28, 2010 1:59 pm

    Don't worry, DH will make sure no one gets hurt.....

    Image
  • User avatar
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2569
    Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:00 pm
    Location: Bakersfield<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth
    Contact:

    Re: Moshing as a liability?

    by Disaster Area » Fri May 28, 2010 2:05 pm

    Photo from Sideways's Bathroom...

    Image

    :D :D :D


    :givebeer: damnit
    Last edited by Disaster Area on Sat May 29, 2010 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

    11,12,14,15,16, noshow 2017
  • User avatar
    sheila
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 384
    Joined: Wed May 19, 2010 7:35 am
    Location: Fairport NEW YORK

    Re: Moshing as a liability?

    by sheila » Fri May 28, 2010 2:13 pm

    sideways wrote:Don't worry, DH will make sure no one gets hurt.....

    Image

    Oh good god...ewwwwwwww errrrrr ewwwwww nasty... Vomit!!!! Nasty piece of shit! I hate him! :death:
    #4047 in spirit...:(
    #2063 2nd 70k
    Barge to hell ... Ummm gotta look that # up . Was a blurr!
    2035...for 2014!!!
    2015.. AND our metal wedding!
    Booked 2016!
    Mrs. Steeves❤️
  • User avatar
    KevinP
    Commander
    Posts: 8612
    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:12 pm

    Re: Moshing as a liability?

    by KevinP » Fri May 28, 2010 2:49 pm

    sideways wrote:Don't worry, DH will make sure no one gets hurt.....


    Unless he does his Metalwrath impression......

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FU5dg5efS0

    Then we're all screwed. :lol: :lol: :lol:
    WISHLIST

    BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

    The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • User avatar
    ShoreSlayer
    Captain
    Posts: 11081
    Joined: Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:56 pm
    Location: Vancouver, BC
    Contact:

    Re: Moshing as a liability?

    by ShoreSlayer » Fri May 28, 2010 4:01 pm

    Why did I click it? Why? What a fucking train wreck! Takes me back to childhood :twisted:
    So far at least, 2011, 2012 & 2015 were enough for me
    :shred:Book 'em ANDO!! :headbanger:
  • User avatar
    Adam Blaze
    Oiler
    Posts: 26
    Joined: Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:24 am
    Location: London, ON

    Re: Moshing as a liability?

    by Adam Blaze » Fri May 28, 2010 4:02 pm

    Personally, I have no problems with a good ol friendly mosh-pit at a metal show. I mean, it's fucking Heavy-Metal right? However, I do hate the douchebags who enter pits for the sole-purpose of injuring someone. I believe in proper Mosh-pit etiquette. No punches, no retarded hardcore dancing, if someone goes down help them back up, etc. If you don't like moshing and want to stand up front, stay on the outside of the pit and there shouldn't be a problem.

    I can say from personal experience, that there's no better feeling in the world than being on stage playing your tunes and seeing people moshing, singing and losing their shit to your music....If you feed a band that kind of energy, I can guarantee you'll get it back. The crazier the crowd, the better the live performance.. :shred:
    2012 - Cabin 2539
    2011 - Cabin 3019
  • Max_Rockwell
    Chief Petty Officer
    Posts: 300
    Joined: Mon Mar 29, 2010 6:27 pm

    Re: Moshing as a liability?

    by Max_Rockwell » Fri May 28, 2010 7:39 pm

    I"ve only been in one pit my entire life and I don't think I want to be a part of another.
    I don't mind the pushing and shoving, but the smell and sweat from different people get on me, hell no.
    I"m not picky or sensitive, but I'd rather you keep your sweat on yourself. Especially if you're weighing in at 300 plus pounds, and
    forgot to put deodorant on in the morning. I"m sure most of us will forget to freshen up after drinking all night, and that's if we get sleep.
  • User avatar
    KevinP
    Commander
    Posts: 8612
    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:12 pm

    Re: Moshing as a liability?

    by KevinP » Fri May 28, 2010 9:11 pm

    Max_Rockwell wrote:I"ve only been in one pit my entire life and I don't think I want to be a part of another.
    I don't mind the pushing and shoving, but the smell and sweat from different people get on me, hell no.
    I"m not picky or sensitive, but I'd rather you keep your sweat on yourself. Especially if you're weighing in at 300 plus pounds, and
    forgot to put deodorant on in the morning. I"m sure most of us will forget to freshen up after drinking all night, and that's if we get sleep.


    Speaking of deodorant. For the past few months I've been using a deodorant CRYSTAL. Does not clog your pours, no aluminum or parabans either. Works good. Plus it last like 6-12 months, so it's much more cost effective. :viking:
    WISHLIST

    BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

    The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • User avatar
    Disaster Area
    Lieutenant
    Posts: 2569
    Joined: Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:00 pm
    Location: Bakersfield<California<USA<North America<Western Hemisphere<Earth
    Contact:

    Re: Moshing as a liability?

    by Disaster Area » Fri May 28, 2010 9:21 pm

    KevinP wrote:
    Max_Rockwell wrote:I"ve only been in one pit my entire life and I don't think I want to be a part of another.
    I don't mind the pushing and shoving, but the smell and sweat from different people get on me, hell no.
    I"m not picky or sensitive, but I'd rather you keep your sweat on yourself. Especially if you're weighing in at 300 plus pounds, and
    forgot to put deodorant on in the morning. I"m sure most of us will forget to freshen up after drinking all night, and that's if we get sleep.


    Speaking of deodorant. For the past few months I've been using a deodorant CRYSTAL. Does not clog your pours, no aluminum or parabans either. Works good. Plus it last like 6-12 months, so it's much more cost effective. :viking:



    Congratulations Kevin, you win the "Taking the thread furthest off topic award"

    Deodorant Crystals...? WOW


    :givebeer: Damnit
    Disaster Area: a plutonium rock band from the Gagrakacka Mind Zones, are generally held to be not only the loudest rock band in the history of the Galaxy, but the loudest noise of any kind at all.

    11,12,14,15,16, noshow 2017
  • User avatar
    KevinP
    Commander
    Posts: 8612
    Joined: Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:12 pm

    Re: Moshing as a liability?

    by KevinP » Fri May 28, 2010 9:53 pm

    Disaster Area wrote:
    KevinP wrote:
    Max_Rockwell wrote:I"ve only been in one pit my entire life and I don't think I want to be a part of another.
    I don't mind the pushing and shoving, but the smell and sweat from different people get on me, hell no.
    I"m not picky or sensitive, but I'd rather you keep your sweat on yourself. Especially if you're weighing in at 300 plus pounds, and
    forgot to put deodorant on in the morning. I"m sure most of us will forget to freshen up after drinking all night, and that's if we get sleep.


    Speaking of deodorant. For the past few months I've been using a deodorant CRYSTAL. Does not clog your pours, no aluminum or parabans either. Works good. Plus it last like 6-12 months, so it's much more cost effective. :viking:



    Congratulations Kevin, you win the "Taking the thread furthest off topic award"

    Deodorant Crystals...? WOW


    :givebeer: Damnit


    Because you really want to know: http://www.naturallyfreshdeodorantcryst ... -120-grams
    WISHLIST

    BOLT THROWER / MADDER MORTEM / SEAR BLISS / AEON / THE AMENTA / AUTOPSY / MDB / THE 11th HOUR / HAIL OF BULLETS / DORDEDUH / TRIPTYKON / NE OBLIVISCARIS / PORTAL

    The Sultan of Stroopwafels
    The Viceroy of Vegemite
    Loather of Power Metal
  • Metalwrath

    Re: Moshing as a liability?

    by Metalwrath » Sat May 29, 2010 4:15 am

    When i'm older i have to use this stuff
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UNjzHnGRugo
    :lol:
Locked 84 posts

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 15 guests